The Meadow Wood Reviews

221 | Randolph, NJ

221 Reviews for The Meadow Wood

Ashley · Married on 12/03/2016

My now husband and I actually met working at Meadow Wood Manor over 8 years ago (he was a runner & I was a server!) We dated almost the entire time we worked there and once we got engaged we knew there was no other place in the world we wanted to get married. We chose Meadow Wood Manor for the staff, the incredible food, the attention to detail, and the awareness of each and every guest. The staff is absolutely INCREDIBLE (we should know we were part of it!) but being on the other side of things made us realize even more how inexplicably special each staff member is. From the hostess greeting each guest, to the servers and runners who work tirelessly to make sure everything is perfect and each guest is the happiest they could possibly be, to our AMAZING bridal attendants Gloria & Alli - who tended to us and our bridal party every minute of the evening. Next is the owner, Jeff, who makes sure that everything is going smoothly and is there to personally check on the guests at each table after dinner is served. Our Matre'd Donald was beyond incredible - making sure there was not ONE thing we wanted or needed throughout our night. My husband and I chose Meadow Wood because we wanted our guests to feel as special as we did for them spending their night with us - Meadow Wood Manor made that happen. The FOOD oh my goodness - the choices are endless and magnificent - all of our guests were full by the end of cocktail hour (something we heard every event we worked over 8 years - and it held true with our guests too!) The grounds are incredible - the large romantic staircase, the warm welcoming lobby you can decorate with your own photos to make it feel like your living room, the grand ballroom which has breathtaking chandeliers - all while still maintaining this feeling of warmth and coziness. There will never be enough words to explain how perfect Meadow Wood Manor is and how absolutely perfect they make each and every person feel at each and every event.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Dara · Married on 10/30/2016

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. My guests still rave about the wedding months later. I'd recommend Meadow Wood to anyone that is in need of an amazing place for a wedding/reception/party! Thank you for making our day one I'll never forget!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/28/2016

My husband and I were so happy that we chose the Meadow Wood Manor for our wedding. All of the staff, those who helped us before the wedding as well as those at our wedding, was wonderful. They took care of everything we asked for and the food was outstanding. I still have guests raving about the food 6 months later. There was not one thing I could find fault with. It is a great price for what you get.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Kathryn · Married on 10/22/2016

HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE! Don't spend one more second considering any other place. The venue itself is gorgeous. It feels cozy and homey while still providing plenty of room for all of your guests to move around comfortably. The staff is beyond amazing - every single one of them. Mary Ellen was a pleasure to work with from the day we visited through our reception. All of the bartenders, wait staff, etc were exceptional and knew appropriate etiquette, etc. It is evident the MWM trains their staff and this is important at such a large event. Now, onto the FOOD. The food is amazing. Everyone is STILL talking about our cocktail hour, the dinner and ALL of the desserts. We had small children at our wedding, and they had a blast downstairs in the kids room playing games.

The unique thing about the MWM is that it was built specifically for weddings by people that have been in the catering and restaurant business for years and years; so they knew exactly what they wanted and exactly what they are doing. Everything ran so smoothly. I could not have been happier to have my wedding here, and I cannot recommend it enough!!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 10/15/2016

Rating 5 Stars Across the Board

We had our wedding at the Meadow Wood Manor on October 15, 2016 and it was perfect, including the weather. The Meadow Wood Manor was amazing, on many levels. First, the venue itself is gorgeous, and most of our guests were amazed that such a “hidden gem” was right in their backyard. Secondly, their customer service was excellent - from the initial meeting, to the wedding day, and beyond. From the initial meeting they emphasized that they wanted our wedding to be unique to us. They went above and beyond to ensure that every aspect of our wedding wasn’t just a cookie cutter affair but that it embodied our personalities, cultures, families, and friends. Being procrastinators, it could have been frustrating to the staff to work with us, but instead they tactfully and professionally helped us to stay on schedule, which allowed us to enjoy our special day and guests.

It has been a year since our wedding and our guests are still talking about the amazing day and the Meadow Wood Manor, especially the amazing cocktail stations. We highly recommend the Meadow Wood Manor.

Douglas & Jacqueline
    Married October 2016

Sent on 10/17/2017

Angela · Married on 10/07/2016

Beyond amazing!!! The staff was SO helpful and professional! We had the best time, the food was delicious, cocktail hour was OUTSTANDING, and they made sure my husband and I were completely satisfied EVERY step of the way!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Crystal · Married on 09/02/2016

We picked the Meadow Wood Manor because of the food, and we were not disappointed! Our attendant was Gloria-and she was amazing! Jeff, Mary Ellen, and the Meadow Wood staff made it easy to plan a wedding from out of state, went out of their way to accommodate our unique ideas, and were so friendly the entire time. We had no worries or issues with them while planning or on our wedding day. Now we are just hoping that someone else we know gets married there so we can enjoy it again!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Kim · Married on 08/13/2016

I'm so glad we chose Meadow Wood Manor for our wedding! Jeffrey, Mary Ellen, and all of the staff and servers took such good care of us and our guests, that our wedding was a breeze! They only do one wedding at a time (for a reasonable price compared to other NJ venues), the food is great, their cocktail hour station options are unique and fun (we chose the 50's diner themed station & everyone flipped over it), and the place is just beautiful (that grand staircase, the elegant ballroom, the garden for ceremonies... we loved it all)! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Denise · Married on 08/06/2016

I loved absolutely Meadow Wood Manor, there is nothing I would change. The staff was on top of every single detail from the day we hired them, until I walked out at the end of the night. My guests talked about how impressed they were for months afterwards. The food was outstanding, the place is beautiful, and they made the day perfect. They only host one event at a time so you are waited on hand and foot, I felt. I could go on for hours about how wonderful they are.

Sent on 05/02/2017

I can't say enough good things about the meadow wood manor! My wedding was in August and people are still talking about how much they loved the place. The cocktail hour is honestly the best cocktail hour I've ever been to (many of my guests said the same) and even the dinner was fabulous (which is typically where I think many venues are just mediocre). The entire venue is beautifully decorated and the layout just flows. I also got married on site and I loved the outdoor area. All of the staff I dealt with throughout the process were polite, helpful and friendly. I keep hoping someone else I know will get married here so I can attend a wedding as a guest!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Jenna · Married on 07/23/2016

Words cannot even express how grateful I am that I found Meadow Wood Manor and that we were able to have our wedding reception there! It's been a few months since our July 23rd wedding. We keep reliving the day over and over in our heads...and we wouldn't change a thing!
    From the moment we booked the date, Mary Ellen was absolutely wonderful. She was enthusiastic about our day and eager to help us. As the day got closer, and we had to make more decisions, everyone at Meadow Wood Manor made it so easy! On the night of our tasting dinner, Jeff, the owner, entertained us and our parents by being a fabulous MC. Our server, Dan, was wonderful...we even requested that he work the night of our wedding! Michelle, our decorator, made me feel confident that she was going to make the decorations that we brought in a few days before the wedding look perfect, and she did! The minimal decorations that I brought paired with the traditional, classic, cozy, warm rooms within the Meadow Wood Manor gave me the exact vision that I had for our wedding.
    The day of our wedding went exceptionally well! Everyone on staff that night was so pleasant. Throughout the cocktail hour (which some guests thought was our dinner because it was so delicious and grand), the owner, Jeff, went around with platters and served the guests just to make sure everyone was happy and getting to try the MANY different foods. My husband, Chris, and I were treated like royalty. They got us absolutely anything that we needed at any moment. They treated our parents with the same level of service as well! At the end of the night, we gave everyone on staff hugs good-bye as if they were family.
    Family and friends are still raving about our wedding to this day! They loved the size of the cocktail hour room and the amount of seating in there as well. They have raved about the burger and shake station, the seafood station, and so much more! It was perfect! I can go on and on about it!

Sent on 10/12/2016

The quality of the food and service for our wedding here was beyond our expectations! Many guests came up to us and said that it was the best wedding they've ever been to and that the food was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The entire process went so smoothly and all the staff were really friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Giustina · Married on 07/08/2016

I could not be happier that my husband and I chose the Meadow Wood Manor as the venue for our wedding reception. The service was outstanding and the food was amazing. It's great that the venue, which has three levels, is exclusively yours throughout the time of your event. The main level contains the pre-function area (where your guests get served a signature cocktail upon arrival), the cocktail hour rooms, and the ballroom. The lower level contains bathrooms and a game room that can be rented out for children to use during the reception. The upper level contains two bridal suites, and I was able to use this area to get ready before my ceremony. As for the food, the cocktail hour options, the dinner options, and the dessert options are super customizable. I would highly recommend this venue to any future brides and grooms!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Steffani · Married on 05/29/2016

The Meadow Wood Manor is the best choice for a venue for the amount you are paying. We had such a great experience and have nothing bad to say about the place. It is absolutely beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff was so unbelievably helpful. Our bridal attendant, Gloria met us at our limo door asking what we needed and got us a drink right away which was amazing. She also made sure we had all the food we missed at the cocktail hour waiting for us at our table for dinner. Dan, our maitre'd was also equally amazing and made sure each and everything we wanted was perfect. We still have people telling us how much they loved the food at our wedding and it is 3 months later. One of the things that sticks out the most and shows just how accommodating and high quality the Meadow Wood Manor gives is when my mother (mother of the bride) asked for a certain type of wine. They did not have it so had one of their staff members go out and buy the wine so that my mother could have the wine she wanted. She did not ask them to do that, they took it upon themselves and I think that says wonders about the amazing people they have working there. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone ! It was the perfect day!

Sent on 08/15/2016

i would highly recommend meadow wood manor for any couple. The entire staff was friendly and very attentive to all mine and my guests needs. The owner Jeff was at my reception not only overseeing but personally making sure every guest was taken care of. The food was excellent and everyone could not stop raving about it. 5 stars all around.

Sent on 06/20/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I got married at Meadow Wood Manor this past May and we cannot say enough good things about this venue! We absolutely loved everything about our wedding reception and are beyond happy that we chose Meadow Wood. The setting is gorgeous and fit the classic elegance vision that I had in mind for the wedding reception perfectly. I was blown away when I walked in on the day of by how beautiful everything looked. The lobby, with its grand staircase, is simply breathtaking. The cocktail hour room is so impressive, it has a grand library look and fit all of our wedding guests comfortably. There were many high tops and low tables placed throughout the room which made it easy for everyone to eat. The ballroom may be my favorite part though, with its high ceilings, crystal chandelier, french doors, soft lighting and cream color muted tones evoking such an understated elegance. The layout of the room was perfect, with equal amounts of seating along either size of the large dance floor. We had 175 guests at our wedding and there was so much space. The food was absolutely delicious, and there was so much of it! Our wedding guests are still talking about the food at our wedding and saying it is the best food they've ever had at a wedding, especially the cocktail hour. It definitely sets the standard for me for weddings going forward. The staff was phenomenal and so attentive from the beginning of the process through the end. Our sales coordinator Mary Ellen made the planning process so easy and fun. Our coordinator on the day of, Connie, and everyone else working our wedding was amazing and so attentive, the owner Jeff was even there the whole time making sure everyone had enough food and drinks and was having a good time. You can tell that they really care about what they do and truly want the bride and groom and all of their family and friends to have the best day ever. I so highly recommend Meadow Wood Manor to any future brides and grooms!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Henry · Married on 05/14/2016

Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at Meadow Wood Manor in May 2016. We are so very happy they chose Meadow Wood. It was an absolutely perfect evening. Everything went so smoothly with the help of Connie and so many others there. The owner was present throughout the entire evening making sure we had everything we needed.
    The place is gorgeous! The grand staircase was perfect for picture taking and added to the ambiance as guests walked in and were offered a choice of drinks that the bride and groom chose. The Meadow Wood also offers an elevator to take you down to the restrooms or up to the private rooms for the bridal party if needed.
    The cocktail hour was amazing. The food just kept coming and many tables were filled with delicious appetizers with plenty of room for our guests to sit and enjoy themselves. One of the servers walked around with a deliciously huge lobster platter that many of our friends and family talked about weeks later. The dinner choices were great with large portions and there was a large variety of desserts as well. There was plenty of room in the banquet room with a dance floor that was a very good size to accommodate everyone.
    Meadow Wood delivered on everything we agreed on from the color of linen choices and extra décor they provided to the placement of personal décor we provided. All in all, everyone had a terrific time and the bride and groom had a very memorable wedding reception. We would recommend Meadow Wood Manor as the perfect choice for any special occasion.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Meadow Wood Manor was the first venue we looked at and we knew as soon as we left that we had to have our wedding there! Words can't describe how great the entire staff was! During the process Mary Ellen was amazing and responsive. She made everything so easy. The day of the wedding Allie and Dan did such a great job by making sure we had everything we needed. On top of the staff being great, the food was great as well. You can't go wrong with this place! Jeff the owner made sure we we wanted and envisioned is what we got. I am truly happy and extremely glad we went with Meadow Wood.

Sent on 05/21/2016

laura · Married on 04/29/2016

Meadow Wood Manor is absolutely amazing!!! From day one, to the day of, the staff was so welcoming. Mary Ellen was so responsive and answered every single question we had along the way. If your considering this venue you will see from the day you walk in the door they are nothing but attentive to the couples needs. Jodi spent almost an hour with me the week of the wedding to make sure everything would be perfect the day of. On our wedding day, Brett and Amanda made sure we had time to eat, made sure our drinks were always full and checked on us periodically throughout the night to see if we needed anything. Even the owner Jeff, made sure we had everything we wanted to make our day special. The best part about the staff is they make you feel like you are a part of their family. The menu and food were absolutely amazing our families are still talking about it almost 3 weeks later! There are literally so many options there is something everyone. My husband and I were thrilled with the outcome of our wedding day! It was everything we dreamed of and more thanks to Meadow Wood Manor ??

Sent on 05/26/2016

Diana · Married on 11/28/2015

The MeadowWood was wonderful! Everything was done perfectly from start to finish. We are still getting raving reviewing from friends and family of what a great job the venue did and how fantastic the food was. We hope to be guests at a wedding there one day so we can experience the venue again :)

Sent on 02/23/2016

Julia · Married on 11/14/2015

Amazing experience! Staff is great, so accommodating! Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 01/10/2016

Liz · Married on 10/24/2015

The Meadow Wood Manor was the most awesome wedding experience from start to finish. They left out no detail, and the service was absolutely awesome. My Daughters wedding yesterday was so perfect and so many many people enjoyed themselves to the maximum. From the owner being present and checking every table, to the servers which were spot on constantly, along with the Server supervisor Dan checking so many times with us to see if anyone needed anything! It was also the greatest cocktail hour ever!..the dinner and the desert hour was top notch. They kept everyone happy which is what it is all about. The personal items we brought up to the Meadow Wood were laid out perfectly according to instructions. Mary Ellen was so professional and there was never a question left unanswered. She was a pleasure to work with, as was every staff member. Amanda was an awesome bridal attendant. We cannot thank you enough for Giving our Family, our friends and the Bride and Groom a most wonderful night!
    Liz Scagliozzi

Sent on 10/25/2015

From start to finish, Meadow Wood Manor is an incredible venue. The staff is extremely friendly and professional, the rooms are beyond beautiful, and the food is OUTSTANDING. We received so many rave reviews from our guests about what an amazing time they had and how much they loved everything about MWM. I couldn't possibly recommend getting married here enough. I only wish I could do it again.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Laura · Married on 09/05/2015

AMAZING!!!! I had such perfect wedding at the Meadow Wood Manor! Stff is amazing, food is exceptional, the decor was perfect. I do not have enough things to say about this place. I would choose MWM a million times over. Jeff, the owner, is really a great guy and made sure everything went as we hoped. Our friends are still commenting on the amazing cocktail hour!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2015

We could not have been happier with meadow Wood Manor and their staff. They well exceeded our expectations and we are so glad that is where we chose to celebrate our big day. We have already recommended them to our newly engaged friends! All of our guests in attendance were amazed with place and how efficient the staff was. It meant a lot that the owner, Jeff, was there and checked up on us during the night. We will forever have those great memories!!! Thank you Meadow Wood Manor!

Elizabeth