117 Reviews for MDDC weddings

No Denomination (19)
Non-religious (16)
Interfaith Ceremony (6)
117 MDDC weddings Reviews

We hired Joyce to perform our wedding in June 2018. She was wonderful to work with, from beginning to end. She personalized our ceremony and added humor. We loved the keepsake she created for us - a complete book of our ceremony, so special.

Profile Picture Michele, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I had a great experience! Joyce is very bubbly and had the friends and family laughing. The ceremony was short and sweet as well, which we loved !

Profile Picture Ainsley, 6/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was delightful to work with, starting with our first phone conversation thru completion of the wedding ceremony. She is courteous, friendly, funny and quick witted. Dawn and I are not traditional people at all and was not looking for someone who was stoic and formal. Joyce made us laugh and our wedding was exactly as we had hoped it would be. I would highly recommend Joyce to everyone, every day of the week! We loved her!!

Profile Picture Tracey , 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joyce was the absolute best! From the moment we met her, we knew she was perfect for our ceremony. She is witty, full of life, and has great ideas to create the ceremony of your dreams. Our guests all said how beautiful our ceremony was. Thanks Joyce!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

Joyce was great! I would recommend her to anyone. She was professional, on time, and honored our wishes.

Profile Picture Joshua , 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From the very beginning Joyce was so incredibly helpful. We had no idea what to expect- not just from picking an officiant, but from the planning aspect as well- and Joyce was able to share her experience and ideas with us. She can recommend catering, photography, music, etc. On our wedding day she was there ready and set up so that I didn't have to worry or wait. During the ceremony she was just great and was able to break the ice and make both of us feel comfortable. Please give her a call if you need an officiant! It's the best and easiest move you could make for yourself on your wedding day ! Love her services !

Profile Picture Rachel , 11/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was very nice and helped me every step of the way. My fiancée did the majority of the leg work.

Profile Picture Julian, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

As we were planning our wedding, my now husband and I were struggling to find an officiant. Joyce came recommended to us by our wedding coordinator. We knew as soon as we met Joyce that she would be our officiant - and we could not made a better choice! Joyce was responsive from day one right through to our ceremony. Joyce was flexible and allowed us to create exactly the ceremony that we wanted. But, most of all, Joyce is a genuine, warm, and kind person - not to mention humorous! She treated us like old friends from the moment that we met. It was it truly an honor to have such an amazing person marry us. We loved her and so did our guests! Thank you Joyce for an amazing ceremony (and for braving the cold that day). We could not have such a perfect day without you!

Profile Picture Janelle, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the moment we contacted Joyce, it’s been a pleasant and professional experience. We had a more casual wedding but Joyce treats every marriage experience with utmost respect. We had a meet and greet to discuss details of our expectations and to talk face-to-face before she married us. Joyce is easy to talk to and share ideas with. She always puts the couples wishes as the basis of the ceremony. On our wedding day, Joyce is calm and has performed many ceremonies which helped put my nerves at ease (as the bride). The ceremony went beautifully and I’m so grateful we chose to have Joyce officiate our special day. Top notch professional and a beautiful person all in one!

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was wonderful to work with. She made planning our ceremony so easy, was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that we had, and was incredibly flexible. Joyce brings her vibrant personality and warm demeanor to make for a beautiful ceremony!

Profile Picture Kameron, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce, was responsive and wonderful from the moment I contacted her. She made a point to get to know us and make us comfortable before our big day. Joyce supplied a wealth of information about the process and even helpful tips about writing our vows! I had upmost confidence that Joyce would be there, fully prepared, and as helpful as ever on our actual wedding day. I would recommend Joyce to anyone. My wedding photographer even commented on how great she is and got her contact information. Thank you Joyce for being apart of our special day! Best, Liz and Joe

Profile Picture Liz, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was wonderful to work with. She was always immediately responsive to my emails and communications. During our first meeting we discussed several options for the wedding ceremony and what might work with our style. We bounced around ideas and reading. She guided but allowed us to come to our own determination for the feel of the ceremony. As the time grew closer she checked in with us several times to confirm details. She dealt with a last minute reader change with ease. She even maintained her cool with the ceremony site was buzzing with bees, which even landed on her ceremony book. She was cheerful and pleasant and had guests laughing which put us all at ease. Oh, she also makes some of the best shortbread I have even had. I highly recommend having her make some and taking it on your honeymoon. Simply fantastic!!

Profile Picture User6911509, Recently Married, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

Joyce is a lovely, warm person to be around and was just wonderful as our officiant for our wedding. She has a great, calming energy and is also very professional and prompt. She provided a long list of sample ceremonies and readings so my husband and I could pick out exactly what we wanted and in what order. Our guests raved about her all through the reception (and beyond). I would highly recommend her to any couple!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was amazing! We instantly connected with Joyce from the moment we met her. She has a pure joy of celebrating your special day with you and your partner! She made us feel that she would do whatever it took to fight for our rights! If your looking for someone who is 100% invested, look no further! She made our day amazing! Thank you Joyce!

Profile Picture Holly , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce officiated our 250 person formal wedding this past October in DC. We waited until the last minute to find an officient but Joyce was great and quick working within our tight timeline. We met a few weeks out to discuss the ceremony and she gladly customized the ceremony to exactly what we wanted pleasing both us and our families ;) She facilitated our rehearsal the day before and did a great job getting all our troops in line. The day of she was a great source of calm, giving me great advice right before walking down the aisle. Everyone afterwards said she was terrific and entertaining! Thanks for everything Joyce!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, No Denomination

Joyce was amazing! She worked with two grooms who weren't quite sure what we wanted and helped make our ceremony extremely special. We really appreciated the different templates she had and the fact that we were able to meet her via Skype initially. As we went throughout the process, Joyce continually checked in with us and helped us create a timeline for the ceremony that we wanted. The wine box ceremony went extremely well and it helped make our ceremony extremely unique. We wanted a quick ceremony and she helped us with the overall outline while still keeping it meaningful. Joyce was also great the day of. She showed up early to see if she needed to do a soundcheck which was awesome. She was extremely reassuring and helped us with all of the paperwork as well. Thank you Joyce for all of your help with our wedding and helping to make it extremely special. Several of our guests have told us how beautiful the ceremony was and we couldn't agree more! Thank you!

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joyce was wonderful to work with! She was very knowledgable and accommodating. On the day of our wedding she was a calming presence and helped everything go smoothly. We highly recommend working with her!

Photos
Profile Picture Liz, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Joyce! We walked away from our first meeting knowing that we just had to have her officiate our wedding ceremony. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process, and it was clear how important it was to her to make things absolutely perfect for our big day. We received many compliments from our wedding guests about how beautiful our ceremony was, and how great Joyce was. We are so thankful to have found such a wonderful officiant, and we highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Randi, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joyce is excellent! The first time we met her, she was warm and kind and some one my husband and I wanted to sit around and talk with all day! Any time we emailed her with a question, she responded immediately. During our wedding ceremony, she provided enough humor to calm our nerves and make us smile. Our guests were raving about her all through the reception. She is perfect!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I met Joyce at a bridal show in Frederick and was immediately impressed with her demeanor and ability to make a personal connection with a complete stranger. She did an amazing job putting my fears of never finding an officiant to rest, and I knew when I walked out the of the building I would be using her for the ceremony. She made special accomodations to meet at a local coffee shop with me and my fiance about 6 months before the wedding to make sure we understood her services and knew what we needed to do before the big day. Many of the guests at our wedding were so pleased with her they have asked my now husband and I for her information to use in the future. She is a very professional and personable lady who made my day feel special to people who had been to plenty of weddings before.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/16/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Joyce Hilbery was awesome to work with as our officiant for our wedding ceronmony!! She was responsive with all emails and phone calls and she offered great ideas for creating our wedding ceronmony!! She was great to work with in planning our wedding!!

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce is amazing! We knew we had to have her be part of our big day from our initial meeting. She is very accommodating and gave us the ability to create a ceremony that was perfectly fit to our style. Not only did we love her but our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved her either!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joyce was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was warm and funny, and added just the right amount of humor to the ceremony to keep us relaxed and the guest entertained. She was definitely a hit with out guest!

Profile Picture Kirk, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We feel so lucky to have gotten Joyce as our officiant! We were told to book quickly because she is in high demand, and we are so glad we did! Many of our guests commented on how fun she was and how it seemed as though we had known her for a long time. Joyce's wisdom and humor were a perfect match for my husband and I. We couldn't have chosen someone better if we tried, truly!

Profile Picture Ariel, 5/19/17, 6 Reviews