MDDC weddings Reviews

124 Reviews for MDDC weddings

124 MDDC weddings Reviews
  • Z

Zane · Married on 09/28/2018

We held a small ceremony at the Green Springs Gardens in Alexandria, VA with no guests, but us, Joyce as our marriage officiant and just as lovely photographer Darcy Troutman. We chose to contact Joyce after reading all the good reviews on internet, and are happy how it worked out. Joyce was lovely, friendly and with good sense of humor. She made us feel at ease when talking to her before the ceremony as well as on our wedding day.

Helen · Married on 09/08/2018

Joyce is truly amazing! She is so easy to work with and very easy to communicate with. she is willing to customize your wedding to fit you. I have known Joyce for several years now and I would not have picked anyone else except for her to do my wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    MDDC weddings 1

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review. The day was awesome, even if it was in the middle of a ‘raging storm’ we got on the beach for the ceremony, and that’s al that mattered. Joyce

Gina · Married on 08/18/2018

Joyce was great to work with! Our rehearsal was kept on track because of her and she kept our service light and entertaining which was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Gina, Thank you so much for such a nice review. It was my pleasure to have performed your wedding ceremony!

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2018

Joyce was INCREDIBLE! Could not have asked for a better officiant. She kept us laughing, kept the whole thing fun and relaxed, and made it the best day ever for us. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to officiate the best day of your life!

Sent on 09/03/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for a fabulous review, which I really appreciate. Your Wedding Day was pretty awesome....Congratulations once again!

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2018

Joyce is absolutely wonderful! She is detail oriented, professional, and has an amazing sense of humor. Joyce made the whole process so easy and stress free. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and I know our guests enjoyed it as well. I highly recommend Joyce.

Sent on 09/16/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Amanda, Thank you for a fabulous review, i really appreciate it. You and Nick were a very easy couple to work with, thank you for choosing me!

Betty · Married on 06/23/2018

Joyce was an absolute pleasure to have as part of our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 08/08/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Betty for the review. I enjoyed your day very much!

Michele · Married on 06/17/2018

We hired Joyce to perform our wedding in June 2018. She was wonderful to work with, from beginning to end. She personalized our ceremony and added humor. We loved the keepsake she created for us - a complete book of our ceremony, so special.

Sent on 07/02/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Aww!, Thank you so much fo the review. Hope that the rest of your wedding day went well, I’m sure it did!

Bryan · Married on 06/07/2018

Joyce performed our wedding with about three weeks notice. From start to finish she was charming, genuinely interested in us and what we had in our minds, accommodated every request, and made our day so special. We felt lucky to have Joyce marry us, and could not be more appreciative of her professionalism, kindness, and sense of humor. Absolutely wonderful experience, we would highly recommend her for any wedding big or small, same-sex marriage, or heterosexual marriage. She drove almost three hours to where we wanted to perform our wedding which was a bit further than her normal range but none the less did so with a smile on her face. She was there for us in every way. Much love Joyce! Always, Bryan and Michael.

Ainsley · Married on 06/05/2018

My husband and I had a great experience! Joyce is very bubbly and had the friends and family laughing. The ceremony was short and sweet as well, which we loved !

Sent on 06/26/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Ainsley for such a nice review. I was delighted to be a part of your day!

Tracey · Married on 03/24/2018

Joyce was delightful to work with, starting with our first phone conversation thru completion of the wedding ceremony. She is courteous, friendly, funny and quick witted. Dawn and I are not traditional people at all and was not looking for someone who was stoic and formal. Joyce made us laugh and our wedding was exactly as we had hoped it would be. I would highly recommend Joyce to everyone, every day of the week! We loved her!!

Sent on 03/27/2018
    MDDC weddings 2

MDDC weddings's reply:

Oh!...I’m overwhelmed at this wonderful review, thank you so much. You were both absolutely wonderful to work with. Wishing many, many, happy years of married life to you both..

Emily · Married on 03/23/2018

Joyce was the absolute best! From the moment we met her, we knew she was perfect for our ceremony. She is witty, full of life, and has great ideas to create the ceremony of your dreams. Our guests all said how beautiful our ceremony was. Thanks Joyce!

Sent on 04/02/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Aww! Thank you so much Emily...You were both great to work with, no dramas, all went very smoothly. Have a very happy married life. Warmest wishes Joyce

Joshua · Married on 03/17/2018

Joyce was great! I would recommend her to anyone. She was professional, on time, and honored our wishes.

Sent on 03/21/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Josh, Thank you so much for your review, your day was amazing...Thank you for securing me!

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

From the very beginning Joyce was so incredibly helpful. We had no idea what to expect- not just from picking an officiant, but from the planning aspect as well- and Joyce was able to share her experience and ideas with us. She can recommend catering, photography, music, etc. On our wedding day she was there ready and set up so that I didn't have to worry or wait. During the ceremony she was just great and was able to break the ice and make both of us feel comfortable. Please give her a call if you need an officiant! It's the best and easiest move you could make for yourself on your wedding day ! Love her services !

Sent on 11/17/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel for a lovely review, I really appreciate it. You looked radiant, it was such a cold day. Have an amazingly, happy, married life.

Julian · Married on 11/12/2017

Joyce was very nice and helped me every step of the way. My fiancée did the majority of the leg work.

Janelle · Married on 11/11/2017

As we were planning our wedding, my now husband and I were struggling to find an officiant. Joyce came recommended to us by our wedding coordinator. We knew as soon as we met Joyce that she would be our officiant - and we could not made a better choice! Joyce was responsive from day one right through to our ceremony. Joyce was flexible and allowed us to create exactly the ceremony that we wanted. But, most of all, Joyce is a genuine, warm, and kind person - not to mention humorous! She treated us like old friends from the moment that we met. It was it truly an honor to have such an amazing person marry us. We loved her and so did our guests! Thank you Joyce for an amazing ceremony (and for braving the cold that day). We could not have such a perfect day without you!

Sent on 11/17/2017
    MDDC weddings 3
    MDDC weddings 4
    MDDC weddings 5

MDDC weddings's reply:

Janelle, what can I say after such a brilliant review about myself and my service...but, thank you so much. Your wedding day, was bitterly cold, and I almost turned blue....Your guests were lovely too, I enjoyed your day tremendously. I want to thank you both of you for serving this country, continue to stay safe in your jobs... Joyce

Patricia · Married on 11/03/2017

From the moment we contacted Joyce, it’s been a pleasant and professional experience. We had a more casual wedding but Joyce treats every marriage experience with utmost respect. We had a meet and greet to discuss details of our expectations and to talk face-to-face before she married us. Joyce is easy to talk to and share ideas with. She always puts the couples wishes as the basis of the ceremony. On our wedding day, Joyce is calm and has performed many ceremonies which helped put my nerves at ease (as the bride). The ceremony went beautifully and I’m so grateful we chose to have Joyce officiate our special day. Top notch professional and a beautiful person all in one!

Sent on 11/07/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Oh Patty, thank you for giving me such a wonderful review....You were both an absolute pleasure to work with. Have n amazing happy married life together.

Kameron · Married on 10/28/2017

Joyce was wonderful to work with. She made planning our ceremony so easy, was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that we had, and was incredibly flexible. Joyce brings her vibrant personality and warm demeanor to make for a beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 11/08/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Kameron, Thank you for such a lovely review. Thank you so much for choosing me to officiate your wedding...I really enjoyed your wedding day, it was a fun and lighthearted day....Thank you

Liz · Married on 10/21/2017

Joyce, was responsive and wonderful from the moment I contacted her. She made a point to get to know us and make us comfortable before our big day. Joyce supplied a wealth of information about the process and even helpful tips about writing our vows! I had upmost confidence that Joyce would be there, fully prepared, and as helpful as ever on our actual wedding day. I would recommend Joyce to anyone. My wedding photographer even commented on how great she is and got her contact information. Thank you Joyce for being apart of our special day! Best, Liz and Joe

Sent on 06/20/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Liz Thank you for such an amazing review. The pleasure was all mine, I can assure you. You were both amazingly, wonderful people to work with, and the photographer was pretty awesome! Joyce

Robin · Married on 10/15/2017

Joyce was wonderful to work with. She was always immediately responsive to my emails and communications. During our first meeting we discussed several options for the wedding ceremony and what might work with our style. We bounced around ideas and reading. She guided but allowed us to come to our own determination for the feel of the ceremony. As the time grew closer she checked in with us several times to confirm details. She dealt with a last minute reader change with ease. She even maintained her cool with the ceremony site was buzzing with bees, which even landed on her ceremony book. She was cheerful and pleasant and had guests laughing which put us all at ease. Oh, she also makes some of the best shortbread I have even had. I highly recommend having her make some and taking it on your honeymoon. Simply fantastic!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review, I’m delighted that I 'delivered’ what you were happy with in your ceremony. Also, more than happy, that you liked the shortbread! Have a very happy married life.

Leslie · Married on 10/13/2017

Joyce is a lovely, warm person to be around and was just wonderful as our officiant for our wedding. She has a great, calming energy and is also very professional and prompt. She provided a long list of sample ceremonies and readings so my husband and I could pick out exactly what we wanted and in what order. Our guests raved about her all through the reception (and beyond). I would highly recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 11/08/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Leslie, I really appreciate your lovely review. Everybody at your wedding was very complimentary to me....Your wedding day was just awesome.....Especially with having a penguin....waddling around!

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

Joyce was amazing! We instantly connected with Joyce from the moment we met her. She has a pure joy of celebrating your special day with you and your partner! She made us feel that she would do whatever it took to fight for our rights! If your looking for someone who is 100% invested, look no further! She made our day amazing! Thank you Joyce!

Sent on 11/13/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Hi Holly, Thank you so much for such a fabulous review. I enjoyed your wedding day very much, it was lighthearted and fun, you were both great to work with. Thank you once again.

Nathan · Married on 10/06/2017

Joyce was amazing! She worked with two grooms who weren't quite sure what we wanted and helped make our ceremony extremely special. We really appreciated the different templates she had and the fact that we were able to meet her via Skype initially. As we went throughout the process, Joyce continually checked in with us and helped us create a timeline for the ceremony that we wanted. The wine box ceremony went extremely well and it helped make our ceremony extremely unique. We wanted a quick ceremony and she helped us with the overall outline while still keeping it meaningful. Joyce was also great the day of. She showed up early to see if she needed to do a soundcheck which was awesome. She was extremely reassuring and helped us with all of the paperwork as well. Thank you Joyce for all of your help with our wedding and helping to make it extremely special. Several of our guests have told us how beautiful the ceremony was and we couldn't agree more! Thank you!

Sent on 12/01/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Nathan, thank you so much for such a fantastic review. I was delighted to perform your ceremony, I really enjoyed working with you both, the day was great. Have a long and happy married life.
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2017

Joyce officiated our 250 person formal wedding this past October in DC. We waited until the last minute to find an officient but Joyce was great and quick working within our tight timeline. We met a few weeks out to discuss the ceremony and she gladly customized the ceremony to exactly what we wanted pleasing both us and our families ;) She facilitated our rehearsal the day before and did a great job getting all our troops in line. The day of she was a great source of calm, giving me great advice right before walking down the aisle. Everyone afterwards said she was terrific and entertaining! Thanks for everything Joyce!

Sent on 12/01/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Catherine, thank you so much for a lovely review. Both you and Worku were an absolute delight to work with, as were your family. Your wedding day was like something out of a fairytale, it was beautiful. I’d love to see a photo of us together, if that’s possible. Have an amazing happily married life together.

Liz · Married on 09/08/2017

Joyce was wonderful to work with! She was very knowledgable and accommodating. On the day of our wedding she was a calming presence and helped everything go smoothly. We highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    MDDC weddings 12
    MDDC weddings 13
    MDDC weddings 14

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Liz for a lovely review. You were both, an absolute pleasure to work with. Have a wonderful, happy married life.