MDDC weddings Reviews

MDDC weddings 7
  • Dominique

Dominique Bruno · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Rev. Joyce is Wonderful!

My Fiance and I were so lucky to find Joyce Hilbery to Officiate our Wedding. She really took the time to get to know us as people, and made sure that our rehearsal and our special day went smoothly. Most importantly, Joyce made the day FUN for my husband and I (which is no small feat, considering how stressful weddings can be). Also, she was so kind to all of our friends and family, and made them really feel like they were part of our special day. Thank you Rev. Joyce Hilbery for everything!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    MDDC weddings 8

Hi Dominique,
    I am thrilled that you’ve taken the time to write such a glowing review for me...Thank you so much.
    You’re wedding day was awesome, everything went off as planned....You were a very pretty bride...Nicholas, is a very lucky man.....and I know, he knows, that he is too!
    Many, many happy years together.
  • Vanessa

Vanessa Schmitt · Married on 09/25/2019

Best choice you could possibly make.

Joyce was THE best decision, outside of getting married, that we possibly could've made. She was extremely helpful in guiding us through the entire marriage process. She took charge of the rehearsal and helped us avoid any possible disasters. She was quick and responsive to all our questions, as well as being kind and funny by helping to break the ice the day of the wedding. She made us both extremely comfortable as we stood in front of all those people crying and pouring our hearts out. We couldn't possibly think of any other person we would want to go through this experience with than Reverend Joyce!

Sent on 09/30/2019

MDDC weddings's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Vanessa, what an incredible review...I’m very flattered, but you and you wedding party made me feel very comfortable too, so it was a ‘two way street’...Thank you once again!

Katelyn · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing! Highly recommend!

We had a wonderful experience with Joyce. She responded within the hour when I initially contacted her and we quickly set up a meeting at a restaurant! She made a great first impression and we immediately knew we wanted her to officiate our big day! She was charming, very friendly, personable and very well spoken. She worked with us and even was able to do our wedding even though she had another one on the same day! She accommodated us both!

Joyce really has a passion for what she does and brings something very special to the table. She knows what she is doing and keeps everything on track and flowing smoothly! We had many compliments about her from many of our guests!! Highly recommend!! Well worth the $$!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Katelyn,
    I want to say thank you for such a wonderful review. You were a stunning bride and your wedding day was nothing short of perfect. Thank you for securing me, and once again ‘Thank You'

Jennifer Naumovitz · Married on 08/30/2019

Best choice

Joyce is wonderful and so full of life. The best way to start off your marriage. She was always professional, but kept you nice and relaxed the day of the wedding. The ceremony was a breeze and memorable. I would recommend her highly. One of the extra bonuses besides her being a great officiant is that she was super prompt with emails. Usually she responded within a few hours and definitely within 24. As us brides know, that is a huge mental load off when you're sitting there waiting for a response. Thank you so much Joyce for making our day so special and magnificent.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Jen,
    Thank you for such a wonderful review, that means a lot to me that you were happy with the way I conducted myself, and my business.
    Wishing you both a wonderful, long and happy married life.
  • Marina

Marina · Married on 08/02/2019

A Special Day Made Even More Special

Rev. Joyce Hilbery was our officiant for our recent wedding, and it simply would not have been the same without her. We planned our wedding from the other side of the world, and from the start she was very responsive and easy to get in touch with. She gave us lots of wonderful ideas for readings and ceremony add-ons to work with and was very receptive to our choices/preferences around wording which were important as we are a same-sex couple. She arrived promptly on the day of the ceremony, and made us all feel immediately at ease. She had great banter with the bridal party and really felt like one of the family. We appreciated her wit and sweetness during the ceremony itself, which ran smoothly and could not have gone better in all honesty. Recommend 100%.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Hi Marina and Charlotte,
    Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I’m delighted that you were happy with my ceremony. You were both so easy to work with as were you’re bridal party, and thank you for the 100% recommendation.
    I hope that married life is good, on the the other of the world.’
    My very best wishes to you both.

Alexandra Rodriguez · Married on 07/25/2019

July 2019 wedding

Joyce was our wedding life savior! We had everything planned for the wedding except the most important person to actually wed us! We met for dinner and bam we new we were in the right hands. With only about 4 weeks until the wedding Joyce was there for us. With her years of experience she was prepared to share our special day!

Day of the wedding she was a little piece of relief for us as we prepared to go out in front of our friends and family. Our ceremony was short and very sweet (in the middle of the summer!) we also had a bridal party of 22! Groomsmen, bridesmaids and our flower girls and ring bearers. So she made it happen!

I’d recommend Joyce for your upcoming wedding! Ask her about her wine box ceremony!

Sent on 09/23/2019

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for such a great review. I enjoyed your wedding day tremendously, we did make it happen! Would love to see some photos-s and be able to share them...

Lindsey · Married on 10/07/2018

Highly recommend Joyce

My (now) husband and I had Joyce officiate our wedding, and we thought our ceremony was perfect. Joyce provided us with suggestions to help craft our ceremony, which was extremely helpful. We had a 'wine box ceremony' that Joyce encouraged us to include, and we are so glad we did. Our friends and family enjoyed the unique and romantic addition to our ceremony.

Since our wedding was fairly small (we had 27 people in attendance, including our bridal and grooms parties of just a Matron of Honor and Best Man), Joyce told us that we did not necessarily need a rehearsal, and would save quite a bit of money by not having one. Joyce didn't have to tell us this (she LOST money by suggesting this) but her honesty was so appreciated and special. We did not have a rehearsal, and I think our ceremony went fairly smoothly.

I highly encourage you to reach out to Joyce if you are in need of an officiant!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Hi Lindsey and Jon,
    Finally, I can see my review on Wedding Wire...Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I was (as you know) delighted to perform your wedding ceremony, wishing you a ing and very happy married life.
  • Z

Zane · Married on 09/28/2018

We held a small ceremony at the Green Springs Gardens in Alexandria, VA with no guests, but us, Joyce as our marriage officiant and just as lovely photographer Darcy Troutman. We chose to contact Joyce after reading all the good reviews on internet, and are happy how it worked out. Joyce was lovely, friendly and with good sense of humor. She made us feel at ease when talking to her before the ceremony as well as on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Helen · Married on 09/08/2018

Joyce is truly amazing! She is so easy to work with and very easy to communicate with. she is willing to customize your wedding to fit you. I have known Joyce for several years now and I would not have picked anyone else except for her to do my wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    MDDC weddings 9

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review.
    The day was awesome, even if it was in the middle of a ‘raging storm’ we got on the beach for the ceremony, and that’s al that mattered.

Gina · Married on 08/18/2018

Joyce was great to work with! Our rehearsal was kept on track because of her and she kept our service light and entertaining which was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Hi Gina,
    Thank you so much for such a nice review. It was my pleasure to have performed your wedding ceremony!

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2018

Joyce was INCREDIBLE! Could not have asked for a better officiant. She kept us laughing, kept the whole thing fun and relaxed, and made it the best day ever for us. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to officiate the best day of your life!

Sent on 09/03/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for a fabulous review, which I really appreciate. Your Wedding Day was pretty awesome....Congratulations once again!

Robert · Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome officiant

Joyce is an amazing wedding officiant. She makes the ceremony loving, serious, and funny.

Sent on 10/23/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Aaaw! Thank you Robert for such a great review. I hope that married life is what you were expecting and it’s wonderful

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2018

Joyce is absolutely wonderful! She is detail oriented, professional, and has an amazing sense of humor. Joyce made the whole process so easy and stress free. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and I know our guests enjoyed it as well. I highly recommend Joyce.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Hi Amanda,
    Thank you for a fabulous review, i really appreciate it. You and Nick were a very easy couple to work with, thank you for choosing me!

Betty · Married on 06/23/2018

Joyce was an absolute pleasure to have as part of our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 08/08/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Betty for the review. I enjoyed your day very much!

Charles Rakich · Married on 06/23/2018

MDDC Weddings

A pleasure to work with. She made the ceremony flow with ease. I would highly recommend her services to anyone in need.

Sent on 10/22/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Charles, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me this review.

Michele · Married on 06/17/2018

We hired Joyce to perform our wedding in June 2018. She was wonderful to work with, from beginning to end. She personalized our ceremony and added humor. We loved the keepsake she created for us - a complete book of our ceremony, so special.

Sent on 07/02/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Aww!, Thank you so much fo the review. Hope that the rest of your wedding day went well, I’m sure it did!

Bryan · Married on 06/07/2018

Joyce performed our wedding with about three weeks notice. From start to finish she was charming, genuinely interested in us and what we had in our minds, accommodated every request, and made our day so special. We felt lucky to have Joyce marry us, and could not be more appreciative of her professionalism, kindness, and sense of humor. Absolutely wonderful experience, we would highly recommend her for any wedding big or small, same-sex marriage, or heterosexual marriage. She drove almost three hours to where we wanted to perform our wedding which was a bit further than her normal range but none the less did so with a smile on her face. She was there for us in every way. Much love Joyce! Always, Bryan and Michael.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Ainsley · Married on 06/05/2018

My husband and I had a great experience! Joyce is very bubbly and had the friends and family laughing. The ceremony was short and sweet as well, which we loved !

Sent on 06/26/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Ainsley for such a nice review. I was delighted to be a part of your day!

Tracey · Married on 03/24/2018

Joyce was delightful to work with, starting with our first phone conversation thru completion of the wedding ceremony. She is courteous, friendly, funny and quick witted. Dawn and I are not traditional people at all and was not looking for someone who was stoic and formal. Joyce made us laugh and our wedding was exactly as we had hoped it would be. I would highly recommend Joyce to everyone, every day of the week! We loved her!!

Sent on 03/27/2018
    MDDC weddings 10

MDDC weddings's reply:

Oh!...I’m overwhelmed at this wonderful review, thank you so much. You were both absolutely wonderful to work with. Wishing many, many, happy years of married life to you both..

Emily · Married on 03/23/2018

Joyce was the absolute best! From the moment we met her, we knew she was perfect for our ceremony. She is witty, full of life, and has great ideas to create the ceremony of your dreams. Our guests all said how beautiful our ceremony was. Thanks Joyce!

Sent on 04/02/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

Aww! Thank you so much Emily...You were both great to work with, no dramas, all went very smoothly. Have a very happy married life.

Joshua · Married on 03/17/2018

Joyce was great! I would recommend her to anyone. She was professional, on time, and honored our wishes.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Hi Josh,
    Thank you so much for your review, your day was amazing...Thank you for securing me!

James · Married on 02/03/2018

Joyce was the highlight of my wedding. Her professionalism, and welcoming spirit opened up the guest at our LGBT Wedding.

It was a journey to find a great officiant, but the minute we sat down with Joyce she was the one and we knew it! Her options for ceremonies, and flexibility around “It’s your Day” is phenomenal. I would have been very saddened if we had not picked Joyce.

So many things could have went wrong, Joyce made every shortcoming look like a crowd engagement moment with elegance and humor.

To Joyce: Thank you so much for making our weddding day 1 to remember . You are amazing and keep wearing all the latest fashions and continue to be stunning and elegant.

Sent on 02/12/2018

MDDC weddings's reply:

OhJames, Thank you so much for such a fabulous review. I can’t tell you how delighted I am that you were happy with the ceremony. I promise I will always try keep wearing all the latest fashions and continue to be stunning and elegant.!! Have a very happy married life.

Jo · Married on 11/18/2017

Joyce was an amazing officiant and perfect for what my husband and I wanted for our ceremony. She's lovely, hilarious, and definitely calmed our nerves during the ceremony. That and her voice and accent are beautiful, which is great! Thanks Joyce!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

From the very beginning Joyce was so incredibly helpful. We had no idea what to expect- not just from picking an officiant, but from the planning aspect as well- and Joyce was able to share her experience and ideas with us. She can recommend catering, photography, music, etc. On our wedding day she was there ready and set up so that I didn't have to worry or wait. During the ceremony she was just great and was able to break the ice and make both of us feel comfortable. Please give her a call if you need an officiant! It's the best and easiest move you could make for yourself on your wedding day ! Love her services !

Sent on 11/17/2017

MDDC weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel for a lovely review, I really appreciate it. You looked radiant, it was such a cold day. Have an amazingly, happy, married life.

Julian · Married on 11/12/2017

Joyce was very nice and helped me every step of the way. My fiancée did the majority of the leg work.

Sent on 11/23/2017