McDowall Acres Reviews

McDowall Acres 6
McDowall Acres 7

Anita Kirkland · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Look No Further To Make Your Wedding Day Magical

The day was meant to be magical and wonderful and all the things dreams are made of, and IT WAS!! The professionalism and "can do" attitude of the McDowall Acres staff was top notch. They were extremely supportive and said on more than on occasion when we were trying to make decisions about the decor, "let's do our best to create the bride's vision", and they set out to do just that. They were hard working, and were problem solvers! When the caterer forgot to send serving spoons with the buffet meal, Elizabeth disappeared for a few minutes and then voila! magically appeared with a half dozen serving spoons. There were several little bumps in the road that were barely noticeable because of their good help. Even down to not having enough greenery to add the the backs of the chairs - Lucy hopped on the golf cart and went foraging around the farm and brought back the perfect greenery solution. You just can't go wrong when you have a team like that making your special day happen!

Sent on 10/06/2019
    McDowall Acres 8
    McDowall Acres 9
    McDowall Acres 10
  • Donna

Donna · Getting married on 11/02/2019

The perfect venue!!

This place was exactly what we were looking for. This is a beautiful property and the owners couldn't have been any more warm and inviting. We are blessed to be able to have our wedding at this stunning place

Sent on 04/16/2019

Donna,
    WE thank you for your kind words about McDowall Acres. We are excited to host your wedding!
    Elizabeth and Lucy
  • Meg

Meg Wahl · Married on 10/12/2019

Everything I need and more!

Elizabeth and Lucy, the owners, are extremely accommodating and kind. If you want to feel like a bridal princess, they will make sure that happens from the first moment you visit. I've needed to meet their multiple times to take more pictures, show my florist, show my fiance, etc. and the wedding is still a few months away, but they have been helpful in showing me and my crew every single time. They have been prompt and basically make you feel like you're their number one priority. I know that is something that many other brides do not get to experience, so I'm very greatly. Oh and the venue itself is an absolute DREAM. The mountains in the background, the horses (adorably named Cornbread and Buttermilk) the pristine pond photo opp, and the clean, modern barn that seems to have been created from the barn wedding dreams I've had all my life. Looking inside the barn form the outside you can see the string lights all the way down, creating such a romantic atmosphere. One of my favorite parts of this venue is the many accessories and decorations they have and will let you use at no extra charge. SO many venues will charge you for every little sign, box, etc that you want to use. I can't wait to get married and party all night at this beautiful venue!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Chelsi

Chelsi George · Married on 09/21/2019

Dream Wedding. Dream venue. Dream team.

I cannot sing the praises of Lucy and Elizabeth (and the whole family) enough!! They were there every step of the way making sure my wedding was everything I could dream of! They went above and beyond! McDowell Acres is the most beautiful place to get married and celebrate with your close friends and family! I wish words were sufficient to thank the whole family for sharing their farm with us and making the day so amazing. Not only did I get a husband on 9/21/19 but I also gained some pretty amazing friends from McDowell Acres! ❤🥰

Pictures Posted: by Billie Daniel w/ Shutter Girls Photography in Blairsville, Ga

Sent on 10/06/2019
    McDowall Acres 24
  • Devon

Devon Nelson · Married on 09/15/2019

Amazingly Beautiful!

These people are wonderful and the place is absolutely gorgeous. We had so much fun and Elizabeth and Mary and the rest were so helpful we are already planing on having our vowel renewal there. You won't find a better place or team for your big day!

Sent on 10/02/2019
    McDowall Acres 31
    McDowall Acres 32

Pam Kunz · Married on 06/08/2019

Simply Amazing

What an amazing experience at McDowall Acres! Weather forced us to find an indoor space for a wedding just a few days before the event. Elizabeth and Lucy could not have been any more helpful. A quick walk-through the day before the wedding and we had a plan! They were agreeable to all of our wishes and even had their own special touches that put the cherry on top! The barn looked wonderful and the views were stunning. As pretty and functional as the facility is, I cannot say enough good things about Elizabeth and Lucy and their families. They pitched in with wonderful attitudes and made sure everything was perfect! I have worked with many different venues and can say that this was by far the best experience. McDowall Acres truly wants each event to be special.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Ashlyn

Ashlyn · Married on 04/27/2019

This venue was amazing. It’s perfect for a country wedding

My wedding was April 27th,2019 and Elizabeth and Lucy was just amazing they were very responsive on answering phone calls they tried to help in any way they could and the day of the wedding they helped with everything. Decorating and anything we needed. I can’t thank Mcdowall Acres enough for all the help. Mcdowall Acres is a beautiful venue I would recommend it to any couple getting married they view is gorgeous. I can’t say enough good things. We had an amazing experience with Mcdowall Acres!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    McDowall Acres 33

Ashlyn,
    Thank you for your kind words. We wish you and Connard all the best and so happy to be a part of your beautiful wedding!
  • Keri

Keri · Married on 10/27/2018

Fairytale Wedding Experience in Every Way

McDowall Acres is an extraordinarily beautiful venue run by an extraordinary family! I chose McDowall without ever seeing it in person, because I live over 7 hours away. The minute we turned onto the property, I knew that it was meant to be. I can’t adequately describe the beauty.

The family immediately made us feel as if we had been friends for years. They were so welcoming and went above and beyond to provide us with an absolute fairytale. They were all a true Godsend.

Any bride looking for an unforgettable wedding experience in every way, should put this venue at the top of the list. I will never forget this beautiful place or the beautiful family behind it all!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Cindy Pound · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly Perfect

If you want smiling faces ,willing hands and to know that everything will be perfect....this is your venue. I can't say enough nice things about Lucy and Elizabeth . And I have been all over this mountain area, trust me ,you will not beat this view.

Sent on 10/22/2018
    McDowall Acres 34
    McDowall Acres 35

McDowall Acres's reply:

So glad we got to share in this most beautiful day for Cameron and Joey. We enjoyed working with your family!

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

Everyone at Mcdowall acres was a blessing! They made our special day a lot more special juat by being there. They were super helpful and quick to help out with any questions or problems. I highly reccomend Mcdowall Acres! The staff are all beautiful souls and the venue is nothing short of amazing and beautiful!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    McDowall Acres 36
    McDowall Acres 37

Brittany,
    Thank you! We so enjoyed being a part of your beautiful wedding! And loved working with you and your family

Rebecca · Married on 04/21/2018

This venue made for a fairytale day! Everything is so beautiful and the staff is so accommodating. I would highly recommend all brides checkout McDowall Acres before booking anywhere else!

Sent on 05/08/2018

McDowall Acres's reply:

It was a fantastic day for us too! So happy we got to share in your very special day!

Suzette · Married on 11/11/2017

From the time we pulled up to McDowall Acres we were in love with this place. It has breath taking views all over the property. The barn and property was extremely clean and organized. Lucy & Elizabeth are the most friendly people you have ever met. They make you feel like family right away. Anything you need at anytime they are there smiling and helping you out.. I have to say they made the whole experience stressless. I would totally recommend this venue. My daughter and her husband were thrilled with the venue, staff and ambiance.

Sent on 12/28/2017
    McDowall Acres 38

Judith · Married on 06/25/2017

I held a huge birthday party for my husband at Mc Dowall Acres. When we arrived the place looked superb. The attention to detail was above and beyond my expectations. The owners were so welcoming to all our guests. It was a fantastic day and my friends who attended the party still stop and tell me what a lovely time they had. Thank you Mc Dowall Acres.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Joanna · Married on 05/28/2017

When I was married on this property in May 2017, there had only been a couple of events prior to mine as they were just getting their start. The property is beautiful and makes for tons of amazing photo ops! The property owners were very kind and very accommodating. The price was CRAZY reasonable! I would imagine it will go up some as they continue to build up there venue and make further updates to the property, but I would also imagine that it will continue to be incredibly reasonable compared to the competition and for all that you will be getting. I highly recommend this venue if you love the outdoors, nature, and the country.

Sent on 12/29/2017