Matthew Cavanaugh Photography Reviews

Matthew Cavanaugh Photography 2
Matthew Cavanaugh Photography 3
Matthew Cavanaugh Photography 4

Julia · Married on 05/19/2018

I truly do not have enough compliments for Matthew. It's rare to work with someone who is so talented and on-the-ball while being so unassuming and approachable. I wouldn't say that I love being photographed, but Matthew is really talented at setting people at ease. He really captured the feel of our wedding day without imposing or forcing anything, so when I look at the pictures I remember the wedding, not the photographer. I would 12/10 hire him again, and would recommend really trusting his suggestions.

Erin · Married on 09/22/2017

Matthew was such a pleasure to work with. We had an army of people in our wedding, and so many cooks in the kitchen when it came to photos, and he handled everything with kindness and a sense of humor. He made Pat and I feel extremely comfortable and guided us through the entire process. You can contract with Matthew for an additional photographer, which worked well for our healthy-sized guest list, and him and Kate captured the most magical, intimate, unforgettable moments of the day. So much love and gratitude to Matthew. I wish we could do it all again so we can hang some more!

Anjana · Married on 09/10/2017

Matt is the best. I would not think twice before hiring him again for any event. He is such a pleasant and calming presence on your wedding day and helps you enjoy your day. Most times though, you can barely even tell he's there and yet he manages to capture some beautiful moments that I would not have even expected to have been captured. His pictures are gorgeous and Chris and I had so many wonderful shots of us to choose from to frame in our home. I cannot recommend him enough.

Matthew Cavanaugh Photography 8

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

We couldn't have been happier to have Matthew as our wedding photographer. Not only did he produce beautiful work, but he was very accommodating in listening to our ideas to make our photos feel intimate and personal. On wedding day, he helped us to feel calm and grounded, and provided the perfect amount of direction—enough to help us look our best while not taking away from the emotion and importance of the moment. In both our engagement photos and wedding day photos, he captured the natural beauty of the setting, the spirit of the day, and our excitement toward one another in a way beyond our expectations. We feel so lucky to have had our incredible day documented so beautifully!

Colleen · Married on 08/27/2016

Matthew was AMAZING to work with. He was very professional during the entire process and wasn't obtrusive at all! I loved that he was offered suggestions through out, and while we were getting ready at one of the bridesmaid's cabin he even found the fan switch to keep us all cool! Seems like a little thing, but when you are a stressed out starting to sweat bride, it's the little things that matter! I would highly recommend him!

Steve · Married on 07/16/2016

Matthew was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end during our process of planning our wedding. He took the time to meet us face-to-face when we were evaluating vendors, and we ended up booking him on the spot. He started by giving us his background and normal approach to weddings, and was genuinely interested in hearing the details of our vision and how he could add to that with amazing photos.

Leading up to our wedding Matthew was always quick to respond whenever we had questions. In addition to that, he knew we wanted to limit the time we were away from cocktail hour and provided guidance on the number shots we should aim for for portraits with the bridal party and family.. This helped the operation run smoothly and got our wedding parties back to the cocktail hour as soon as possible.

During the wedding, Matthew was casual, calm, and never intrusive. He had an unbelievable knack to blend in and never make anyone feel uncomfortable by blinding them with a flash or sticking a camera in their face.

When the finished product came through after the wedding, we couldn't have been happier. Not only were the pictures beautiful, diverse, and extensive, but they were organized intuitively on his website and were easy to access. We were not interested in many of the typical posed wedding photos that feel forced. Matthew's journalistic style of photography was exactly what we were looking for. He captures the emotion of the day through special, candid moments in a beautiful way, while also taking great classic portrait shots.

Overall we couldn't be happier that we hired Matthew. He made the day much easier because we never had to worry for a minute about our photos. After the fact, he has made many days and nights better as we relive the day through his photos. We couldn't recommend him enough.

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

From our first conversation with Matthew, we knew he was "the one". There are no words to describe the beauty of the moments he captured and his skill at doing so without intruding on our night. He excels at working quietly behind the scenes without failing to miss anything. When we received our photos, we were shocked to see he had captured so many special private exchanges without us even realizing he was there. Every photo is packed with the mood of a scene or the emotion of a moment. They are evocative, beautiful and emotionally charged. We are thrilled we worked with Matthew not only because our photos are more beautiful than we could have imagined, but also because he could not possibly be kinder or easier to work with. There are so many vendors you choose for your wedding, but only one whose work will be with you for a lifetime. We feel so lucky with our choice and our photos and can't recommend Matthew strongly enough.

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2016

Matthew was wonderful to work with. He's great at being inconspicuous and takes beautiful posed and candid pictures. We highly recommend him!

I am writing this review after receiving some "highlights"of our wedding day only a week or two after, just in time for Christmas. I knew the most important choice we were going to make besides the venue and the dress :), would be the photographer. For those who might be cost conscious wondering if his services are worth the money, they absolutely are.
    After meeting with Matt, my husband and i knew instantly that he was our guy (actually we had picked Matt before we had picked the venue!). He is a soft spoken, professional, photo ninja with broad experience and creativity required to shoot any event ! He truly captured our wedding day with all of the care and attention to detail that I had hoped. Many of our guests noted they barely noticed him or his assistant, most didnt know there were two !
    Although I have only seen the amazing "highlight" photos so far I felt compelled to review Matt ASAP so that some other lucky couples can find him!

Alexa · Married on 07/25/2015

To be honest, 5 stars really doesn't seem like enough to really communicate how wonderful Matthew is! Not only are the pictures amazing, but Matthew himself is truly a joy to work with. His calm, friendly demeanor made even the most photo-phobic members of our wedding party feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera during the posed photos, and he was so incredibly patient and lovely even when we kept losing focus and being kind of scatterbrained. At one point, a thread came loose on my dress, and Matthew came to the rescue with a tiny pair of scissors! As for the candid photos, it's almost like he has powers of invisibility. Multiple people who attended out wedding commented that they actually thought we hadn't hired a photographer at all, and I completely forgot he was there during the ceremony itself.
    In short, I cannot recommend Matthew highly enough as a wedding photographer. He is remarkably talented, genuinely nice, and everyone who is considering hiring him should 100% go for it!

Matthew came as a recommended vendor by the Grafton Inn when we planned our small wedding out of state. It seemed a little risky choosing a photographer we could never meet in person, but based off of his amazing photography and great reviews we decided to go ahead and have him photograph our wedding. We are so glad we did! Matthew was kind, professional, and so talented. My husband and I are not very comfortable getting our picture taken, but he put us at total ease. My mother still talks about how much she loved him, and everyone has been amazed by the photographs. We can't recommend him highly enough!

Amanda · Married on 08/23/2014

Matthew is such a talented wonderful photographer. He is so passionate about his photography and so easy to talk to and just so sweet. Matt settled into the background of our event flawlessly but caught every shot I wanted perfectly. I highly recommend Matthew for any event he was amazing to work with

Christie · Married on 04/26/2014

Matthew was a pleasure to work with for both our engagement session and our wedding day. He is professional, responsive, flexible, and genuinely cares about what he does and making sure he captures what you want out of your special day. Before hiring Matthew, we met with him to discuss his style and he took a lot of time with us to go over his work. Leading up to the wedding he was very responsive to my emails and about a week before the wedding he made sure to set up time with me to discuss all the details and "must have" shots of day. He was able to get the shots I wanted, including shots of me and my bridal party walking down the church aisle, without being obtrusive. He captured a great mix of both candid and posed shots. I was pleased with how quickly I received my photos (shortly after returning from our honeymoon!). Matthew's services are priced very reasonably and he offers a lot of great packages to choose from. I would definitely recommend Matthew as a photographer.

Valerie · Married on 01/11/2014

We have been so happy with Matthew and his work. He went above and beyond what a wedding photographer is expected to do. Including calming this bride down when the power went off at our wedding site, and running to get me a glass of champagne(without being asked) to aid the nerves when I thought they were going to cancel our wedding. Matthew has a way about him that any bride should want to have around them on their day. Calm and soft spoken and incredibly warm and friendly. Everyone was commenting that they didn’t even realize we had a photographer until after the ceremony, because even though he is very tall, he moved like a jungle cat. I don’t know how many weddings I have been to when the photographer is so obstructive. Oh, and his photos are great, too!

James · Married on 10/02/2010

Matthew is a tremendously gifted artist and professional. He was able to capture our relationship, which never fit a mold. Our families come from different cultures, countries, and speak different languages. Yet, Matthew caught the love and respect between our two families as we joined into one family.  Every picture retells our story, emotion, and love.  His quiet elegance and artistry froze this day in time.  We thank you for such beautiful pictures. Jim and Juanita

Emily · Married on 06/26/2010

Matthew Cavanaugh was a wonderful addition to our wedding. His professional demeanor and easy-going personality enabled him to capture very personal moments and all around great photos. Matthew is a very talented photographer and I would highly recommend him.

Julie · Married on 04/10/2010

My husband and I are so grateful that we chose Matthew Cavanaugh to photograph our wedding. He was the ideal photographer - he got amazing shots, was tremendously easy to work with before, during, and after the wedding, and got us our photos in a timely manner. Friends and family are always commenting on the photos we have on our wall - "such beautiful, saturated colors!," "what creative un-staged shots," etc. Matthew was diligent in taking all of the photos we had requested of various friends and family. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He made one of the most important aspects of the wedding one of the smoothest.

Evan · Married on 10/10/2009

Matthew is a professional news photographer, and he shot our wedding with the same level of dedication he applies at the White House.

Kate · Married on 05/24/2009

Having Matthew as the photographer at our wedding was a wonderful experience. I appreciated the effort and attention he put in before the actual event to make sure he knew exactly what we were hoping for.

Throughout the entire day of the wedding Matthew's calming presence was wonderful as he captured every special moment without intruding. He did a great job of dealing with our very large families to make sure we got the family photos that were very important to us, in addition to all the impromptu, spontaneous moments that happened along the way!

I feel very lucky to have had Matthew as our wedding photographer and I highly recommend him!

Christina · Married on 07/02/2005

Matthew was amazing to work with. We felt completely relaxed and barely knew he was there. My husband hates having his picture taken, and I've never seen him so laid back during the process.

That was just working with him-- the pictures themselves are amazing. Like many brides, I spent a lot of time working on the tiniest details, and Matthew captured each and every one. There was nothing I wished I had a photo of later-- he got it all!

I would highly recommend Matthew to anyone.

Matthew was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was professional, flexible, and always available. I found him a soothing presence on the day of my wedding, a welcome addition to the group. And, last but not least, the pictures are absolutely stunning. I recommend him highly and without reservation!

Matthew did an amazing job photographing our wedding. He is thoughtful, calming, and captures beautiful images. If you're looking for a commanding and photographer to wrangle your family for photos-he's not your guy. If you want someone capable of stepping into the shadows of your event and taking photos of moments you might otherwise have missed, he's perfect.

We hired Matthew for our August 2014 wedding in Massachusetts. We are very happy with the photographs. His style was a good match for us with an emphasis on candid shots. We appreciated him being flexible with the minor changes to the time window we expected to need him there on the day. His laid back, friendly approach was a great fit for our wedding.