Matt McGraw Photography Reviews

Matt McGraw Photography 2
Matt McGraw Photography 3
Matt McGraw Photography 4

Kenneth · Married on 08/11/2017

Matt is your go to photographer if you are looking professional shots that are out of the ordinary. He knows the cool spots in town to get you one of a kind artistic shots before the wedding as well as blow your socks off ceremony shots. We were blown away with his work. Before and during the ceremony, Matt and Amy captured it all. With all the hustle and bustle of the day, the moments we didn't remember were brought back to life when we got our photos and we couldn't be more pleased. Matt captures really cool traditional photos as well as ones that are not your ordinary wedding shots and we are so thrilled with his work. We highly suggest Matt. He did exactly what we wanted and then some.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Matt McGraw Photography 5
    Matt McGraw Photography 6
    Matt McGraw Photography 7
    Matt McGraw Photography 8

Tori · Married on 09/23/2016

Matt is AWESOME. We booked Matt for our wedding photos. Neither my husband nor I are very comfortable in front of a camera, so we decided to do an engagement shoot with him to help us be more comfortable on the big day. Matt is SO easy to work with and helps keep things light and less serious, which was very helpful for us. He takes awesome and unique photos that will definitely help you remember your big day. I'd highly recommend taking some photos with him prior to the wedding...I thought this was a huge advantage for us and made both of us more comfortable. More comfortable = even more awesome photos. BOOK HIM!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Abby · Married on 10/23/2015

Matt is SO talented. His work is not only so artistic, but truly memorable. He was so helpful in areas that you wouldn't expect from a photographer. He answered questions about our venue, food, music, and officiant. He made the 'getting ready' part of our wedding day so much fun. Him and his assistant were so professional, but so fun! The memories from our wedding day are amazing, but with the photos, we will never forget a moment of the best day of our lives! Thank you Matt!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Skylar · Married on 08/07/2015

Being in the wedding planning industry, I have worked with a LOT of photographers. Let me tell you, Matt is the best photographer I have ever dealt with. I loved his work so much that I asked him to travel to Raleigh on two separate occasions: our engagement and wedding. Being the flexible person he is, he agreed, and we could not have been happier.

In regards to his work: forget "run of the mill", standard, boring photos. If that is what you want, look elsewhere. Matt has an eye for capturing unique, mesmerizing shots. When you see yourself in his work, you feel beautiful, and want to immediately share all of them on social media.

Not only are the photos great, but he also is extremely flexible and works with you for pricing. He helped us create a package that fit our budget and that was reasonable for us.

At the end of the day, you need to book Matt McGraw as your photographer. You will not regret it.

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • Z

Zach · Married on 05/09/2015

Top notch across the board and as professional as it gets. We couldn't be happier and can't recommend Matt McGraw highly enough. The shots turned out more spectacular than we could have ever imagined and they were an absolute delight to work with. Wilmington has a lot of wedding photographers to choose from, but Matt McGraw stands head and shoulders above the rest. A pro's pro and a genuinely great dude.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Allison · Married on 04/18/2015

Matt McGraw is an unbelievable photographer. We were so thrilled to find that he was available to shoot our wedding day. We have seen photos from quite a few of our friend's weddings who had used him, and knew that he was definitely our first choice.

Matt is so easy to work with. He makes everyone laugh and feel immediately at ease. He worked quickly after the ceremony, making sure we got all the photos we wanted during that quick hour we had. After that hour, he was all over the place- sometimes above us, around us, grabbing family and friends for photos. We have only so far received a preview (we were married a few weeks ago), but from what I have seen they are awesome, we love them, and can't wait to see the rest!! If you are looking for a photographer in Wilmington (or anywhere else- he travels quite a bit) definitely give Matt a call!!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Brianna · Married on 11/15/2014

It's hard to put into words how crucial Matt McGraw was during our wedding planning process. From the start, he was so responsive to every email, phone call, and text message I sent him. He made choosing him easy. I was deciding between him and another photograher, and when I asked the other photographer (who was newer in the business) why I should choose her over Matt she simply said "I follow Matt on social media and learn tricks from him all of the time, if you can get him for your date, book him - he is amazing". So without another thought, I met with Matt over a great bottle of red wine and he won us over instantly. He was so interested in our story. He was involved in our entire planning process - helping us choose other vendors, finding an affordable and excellent videographer. He was flexible on engagement session dates (those pictures were amazing too). When our wedding finally rolled around we had an unfortunate family tragedy the week of the wedding - he helped keep us organized and even helped contact other vendors. If you think you can't afford Matt, meet with him. The quality of our images are amazing. He made me, someone who feels completely un-photogenic - love every single picture of myself from our big day. And the artistry he puts into each shot - unreal. Thank you Matt, Amy and the rest of the team for memories that will literally last us a lifetime!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/25/2014

Matt was awesome! I have not yet received my pictures since my wedding was very recent, but I already know that my photos will be amazing. Matt showed me some of the pictures on his camera, and they looked beautiful. He is so talented and easy to work with. I felt totally comfortable around him. My guests also commented how nice and funny he was. I loved working with him, and I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Desirae · Married on 10/17/2014

Matt did our engagement photos and they are lovely- we continually get compliments! He's an easy going, fun guy that really helps you relax during your session and captures unique moments on camera that turn into amazing photos!

Micheal Escobar, a photographer for Matt McGraw, did a get to know us engagement session before doing our wedding, and man we were lucky to have him and his talents! He is personable and relatable and takes great photos! He caught moments some may never have noticed on our big day (like my nephew smelling his boutineer during our ceremony or my flower girl doing the worm on the dance floor, or my favorite, the moment when my to be husband said I DO way too early and gave everyone the giggles! He was all over the place making sure to document every little aspect of our special day for us to have on print forever!

These guys are wonderful and extremely busy so they did make me aware of the photo editing turn around time of about 9 weeks for weddings, but the wait is sooooo worth it in the end!

We will continue to use these guys in the future!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Brook · Married on 05/24/2014

I saw Matt shoot a friends wedding portraits and wedding photos and was amazed. He did my wedding portrait and wedding and I couldn't be happier so far! I highly recommend him and you will be in for a fun adventure! His photos are unique!

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • User2046318 · 2+ years ago

Matt is an ARTIST! We saw his pictures at one of the venues we looked at after we got engaged and booked him before we booked our venue. He is fun to work with as well and I had a wonderful experience taking my bridal portraits. Guests were amazed at my portraits (as I chose to display several because they were all amazing). I would give him a higher rating if I could. AMAZING!!!!! So glad he was available for my portraits and our wedding.

Sent on 05/14/2013

jennifer · Married on 05/04/2013

Matt did an amazing job for our engagement photos and wedding photos! I am so glad I went with him. My pictures are incredible and unique.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Kristy · Married on 04/05/2013

Matt was awesome! I was really concerned with missing out on my reception to take photos, but I barely knew he was there! He pulled us aside for a few quick photo shoots and his work is amazing! Super creative and his pictures are genuine and outside the box - which I love! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Alison · Married on 03/30/2013

Matt is wonderful... I could not imagine getting my photography from anyone else.... If you like unique photos with great shadowing work!!! I highly recommend Matt... He will capture your day above and beyond your expectations!!!! HE absolutely ROCKS!!!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Heidi · Married on 11/11/2012

I remember seeing some of Matt's work and loved it! Once we met with him, we knew right away that he would be our photographer. His style matched ours and we loved hearing some of his ideas. Now that I have been through "Matt McGraw school of modeling" as he calls it. I know I was not worried if he wa getting the perfect shot. All my guests were talking about how great he was! I know my pictures will be fantastic!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Elise · Married on 10/20/2012

We want to adopt this man!!! Seriously ... he is amazing to work with. Took the time to meet our family and the bride/groom-to-be on several occasions prior to our daughter's wedding so he could get to know the couple and her parents. He is very social, knows how to joke around and keep people laughing, but also understands the importance of the day and his role in it. Our "teaser" pictures (8 of them that we are drooling over) are exceptional and we are so happy we chose him despite our initial shock at his prices. Yes ... we could have gotten someone else to do this wedding for less, but we cannot imagine what we would have lost in the memories he has already teased us with. He is definitely worth the price! We can't wait for the final pics. Matt ... WE LOVE YOU! :)

Sent on 10/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2012

My wedding was to say the least a mud Hole! It was a tent wedding and the sky let loose a downpour an hour before the ceremony and about 10 min after the ceremony started again. We were in ankle deep mud, and all soaking wet but the party went on! Everyone rolled their pants up, kicked off their shoes and played and danced in the mess with us. Matt McGraw and his sidekick josh were troopers and because of them, we have every second of the awesome memorable evening documented. I can honestly say that if I had chosen any other photographer I would have probably been let down with the outcome of the pictures. Matt has a way of taking whatever situation is handed to him and turning it into a masterpiece! Not only did he get some awesome shots of gods work that day, he kept a positive attitude which in turn kept all of us calm! Our wedding day may have been a disaster to another couple but to us it was perfect, and because Matt and josh appreciated that we have so many awesome shots to keep forever! I highly recommend Matt McGraw photography to anyone who is getting married or has an event that needs a photographer. Our engagement session, communication, and even planning was a breeze with him in the mix. He is an awesome guy all around and even helps with parts of planning that don't include photography. This man is an amazing talent, check him out at mattmcgrawphotography.com

Sent on 10/23/2012

monica · Married on 08/31/2012

Matt Mcgraw and his assistant Josh were amazing! The photos are epic works of art! Matt is a phenominal artist with a gift of an eye. Anyone who doesn't use his services does not know what they are missing! I love my photos and he is so fun to work with!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2012

Matt and his team are awesome!!!! Josh Parker did a fabulous job on my bridal and our wedding pictures. The pictures that nobody else would ever think to take... Well, they take them!!!!! We can remember and cherish our special day every time we look at our pictures. FABULOUS!!!!!! Amazing, Hard Working, Helpful, Friendly, Fun... I could go on and on! If they are available, BOOK THEM!!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Photos are absolutely gorgeous!!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Amy · Married on 04/21/2012

Matt is wonderful! He has an amazing eye for photography and I absolutely loved the pictures he took of our wedding. When I first saw them, they literally brought tears to my eyes, they were exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want very many posed, group pictures (although we did some of those too), I wanted more artistic, candid photos and he really went above and beyond. It ended up raining on our wedding day and fortunately Matt was really able to get some amazing shots out of the storm. It was really nice to have a photographer that gets excited about storms how they can improve a picture, rather than one that tries to avoid them.
    It was also important for us to feel comfortable with the photographer and he was very outgoing and we had a lot of communication with him, so by the time the wedding came, we were all old friends, which was great. We've recommended him to multiple brides since our wedding and will definitely use him for years to come. I can't say enough great things about Matt as a photographer and a person, he really made the day memorable

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 11/12/2011

If you're looking for photos that capture your personality and are truly set apart from the rest, Matt McGraw is your man! Although he is based in Wilmington, NC, Matt has traveled all over the place to shoot weddings (including France). His technical skills surpass any I've seen and his reliance upon the camera rather than editing in Photoshop makes his work incredibly unique. Matt is not only talented, but passionate about what he does and will go above and beyond for his clients. The day before our engagement shoot I emailed Matt and mentioned that my fiance is really into planes and wants to become a pilot. Within an hour I received a response saying he found a way to get us into the hangar at the small planes airport in Wilmington! Our photos were incredibly unique and my husband ecstatic that we were taking our photos with planes he'd always dreamed about flying. Matt also did my bridal shoot and with just about every picture I was left thinking, "is that really me?" (in a good way!). He knows how to capture you in your best light, which is quite a talent. Matt did a quick edit of my wedding the day after (about 30 photos) and posted on Facebook. Loved looking over them immediately and I cannot wait to get all of my photos back.

Sent on 12/02/2011

Emily · Married on 11/15/2009

Matt was great!! He took some amazing pictures and was truly wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/27/2009

Nora · Married on 01/02/2013

2.0
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0
      2.5
      1.5

He did not do a very thorough job. He barely took pictures of getting ready and all pictures were take from a "high" perspective so no one's faces were seen. They were all taken from a perspective of looking down. I do not have any normal straight portraits even after I emphasized i wanted just a few normal shots. He showed up barely in time for me to get dressed and rushed and took more time taking them of my husband and the guys getting ready. He tried to tell me switch my timing the week before the wedding. I was very impressed until the actual photographs came back, i was not impressed with the quality and had to send them back many times to get quality pictures and still the ones printed from CVS were much better quality. All in all, my wedding pictures were major disappointment when that was the one thing i cared abut. The pictures from my rehearsal dinner were waaaay better than my actual pictures and they were done by an unprofessional. Be careful with this guy! I think i caught him in a time where he was more caught up in his own life than his job.

Sent on 11/01/2013