Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc. Reviews

47 | Torrance, CA

47 Reviews for Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.

• Yvonne

Yvonne Pang · Married on 11/18/2018

Wedding of my dreams

Full service is worth it!

Yingka & the talented team at MPE planned and beautifully executed my wedding this past weekend. Yingka made my vision for a clean, modern, chic & intimate wedding a true reality. I hired her to plan our entire wedding (ambiance, flowers, vendor contracts, budget etc) and it was worth every single penny.

I didn’t have to worry and spend time looking for, or negotiating with any vendors. We simply set a budget for her and went over what our “vision” for the wedding was, and her team handled it from there!

On the day of the wedding I felt completely relaxed, excited and so happy - not a worry in the world knowing MPE was handling everything. While I was getting ready her team was setting everything up. I wasn’t bothered with minor questions and I was able to really enjoy my time with my sisters a and friends as we got ready. (Honestly, as triet as it may sound, the day goes by so fast that you really want to cherish the moments you have to really enjoy each minute of it!)

Yingka scheduled our wedding day perfectly so my husband and I were actually able to enjoy our wedding! We mingled with our guests during cocktail hour and we ate each of the 3 courses served during the reception!

After the event MPEs team packed up everything and made sure our belongings (& gifts) were safely packed up and in our hotel room.

The entire event was executed so perfectly and the team was so thoughtful throughout our planning process. I couldn’t have dreamed of a more perfect day and it wouldn’t have happened without them

Sent on 12/05/2018

Sohan · Married on 08/05/2017

My new wife and I hired Yingka for coordinating, decor, and flowers. I was initially very hesitant on locking in one company for all three. Yingka hit a home run. Personally, I couldn’t have envisioned a more perfect day she put on for us. Her taste in style was what really matched with our wedding theme. The flowers were executed perfectly and her experience with the venue was what really made the whole look flow. She made sure she could translate our themes into a practical look without looking over the top or tacky. She is very friendly and met with us multiple times when we had questions. When it comes to coordinating she is a beast! She knows how to get a timeline enforced and that was what made us as a couple so relaxed when she made sure all vendors were meeting our needs. The entire event she guided us in a timely manner all the way up to the grand exit.

All in all...Hire her now!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so very much Cheyenne and Sohan for the amazing review. Truly an honor to have met you both and been a part of your special day. I look forward to catching up with you both on your journey through life! Best wishes to you both!

bryron · Married on 03/11/2017

great work!!!! Very nice job....keep it up!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Katey · Married on 11/11/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Yingka, Taylor & QT! They are the reason I still have my sanity! We hired Yingka & her team as the "day of" coordinators to pull together all the threads that were getting hopelessly tangled. The women of Master Plans Events and Design really are "masters" - they took care of so many little details & dealt with any difficulties with such calm efficiency that I was able to totally enjoy my daughter's wedding! Thank you!

Sent on 11/15/2016

May · Married on 08/20/2016

If I could give Master Plans Events & Designs 10 stars, I would. I cannot begin to express my gratitude, appreciation, and satisfaction with their service. They are so organized, professional, and knowledgeable - everything you need from a wedding planning team.

I hired MPE for both florals and for day of wedding coordination. To say that they delivered as expected is truly an understatement. They went above and beyond my expectations, and I am so grateful (and relieved) that we hired them.

Our wedding was held at one of those venues where you have to bring EVERYTHING in: tables, chairs, lights, linens, catering, alcohol, etc. For that very reason, I knew from the start it was imperative we hire an experienced wedding coordinator who was both friendly (so they don't drive away our vendors) yet in control. With over a decade of experience, Yingka and her team are everything we could have ever hoped for!

I told Yingka what I had envisioned for our wedding - rustic, boho chic, and romantic. I purchased wood slices, mason jars, and made burlap table number tags for our centerpieces, and handed them all to Yingka's team a few weeks in advance. On the day of, they set everything up for me, and I was so amazed at how flawless the execution was.

We also ordered all of our flowers from MPE. Yingka is a great listener, is a visionary, and pays close attention to detail, so the flowers turned out BETTER than I had expected them to. The bridal and bridesmaids' bouquets turned out so beautifully. I couldn't stop saying "WOW" for thirty minutes straight. Our centerpieces looked amazing too. The baby breaths and mini pink roses added the perfect rustic touch to our boho chic theme.

I was asked by multiple people why I was so calm throughout the wedding planning process and on wedding day, and the reason is because I knew I had an amazing team that I could trust and depend on to execute on wedding day.

MPE, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Agnes · Married on 06/25/2016

Planning one of the most relevant days of your life is no easy task, executing it in pure excellence is ambitious. With the guidance and expertise of the Master Plans Events team, turning that ordinary day into extraordinary happened in the blink of an eye, almost overnight, and seemingly effortless (which was so far from our reality). Like every love crazed lady on her special day, ours was filled with all good things and every hiccup imaginable. Yingka, Taylor, and Quynh Anh made those hiccups either disappear or dressed them in flowers so that nothing else mattered. To envision the most complete day, combined with only perfect moments, sprinkled with flawless bouquets, surrounded by a room full of love, family, and friends, classifies as the ultimate undertaking. From initial chat to altar and altar to donut tower, it was a success. My husband and I consider our entire experience with the ladies of Master Plans unmatchable. It was the truest gift of a lifetime. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/17/2016

lory · Married on 03/26/2016

Dear brides and grooms , I highly recommend you Yingka 's team !!! Very proffesional , prompt , attentive and details oriented !
    I don't know many people in California and I choosed Yingka with Master Plans based on reviews and comments from other brides ...
    Taylor and Jen also did a fantastic job and always attentive and prompt !
    I didn't know she was doing flowers also, since i have already contacted other vendor ( I was very happy with also )...

We are a couple from Florida and our wedding took place at Rancho Palos Verdes - Trump National California, so everything was done via mails and phone calls ...Yingka was the sweetest person to work with and she is the one helping you with many ideas, she will guide you to all steps to make sure your wedding will be unforgetable !
    She even helped me with my litlle crying boy on my wedding day ...she helped me get to dressed (my bridesmaids were too busy :-)) ) and she was ensuring i was looking good at all times ....what a great women !!!!!
    ...OMG didn't expect this ....she helped with chossing my hair and make up artist by contacting her friend Grace Lin , she helped me deal with prices , she was everywhere doing all the impossibile !!!
    And nearly forgot ....she even bought coffee for my guests at the rehearshall... how sweet was that ??? I am so thankfull for chossing you as my wedding coordinator Yingka !
    You made everything look beautiful and you are such a warm and hardworker person !
    Your daughters should be so proud of their mama !!!!
    Love you all at Master Plans ladies !
    Whishing you all the best on your business !

PS . thank you for kepping up with my "crazy italian family " :-))))
    Lory Cutri

This is for all the brides out there who are perfectionists as i am ( an eye of a manager and succesful business owner not easy to please )

Sent on 04/19/2016

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Lory! We love you and miss you! You and Michele were truly a blessing to work with and always so generous and thinking of us. :) Hope to see you when you come back to LA for visits! Hugs!!!! (ps- give Luca a hug for us!)

Emily · Married on 09/26/2015

I worked with Yingka and Jen on flower arrangements for my wedding (not any of their other events services, so I can't speak to that). Master Plans Evens came highly recommended from a friend, and from the beginning she was very responsive and I thought the pricing was very fair for the florals. Yingka answered my millions of questions and changes over the course of the several months we worked together. She worked within my budget, offering substitutions with less expensive flowers to keep the costs down. Then on my wedding day, the flowers turned out to be SO beautiful and exactly what I had in mind! Everything turned out perfectly and I couldn't have been happier with how everything looked. I highly recommend Master Plans for your wedding florals!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Emily for the lovely review! We're so glad to hear you were happy with our service. :) Congratulations!! It was a pleasure working with you!

After calling through a list of preferred vendors, Yingka and her team beyond fit best in being a part of my wedding. She was the only one I truly felt was excited about my wedding and I hadn't even met her yet! She has also been really flexible with my crazy schedule and being on the east coast. I think this is one of the most important vendors to consider during a wedding and that their personality and desire to make the day special is beyond important. I have no doubts that Master Plans Events will be the perfect glue for the production of my big day!

Sent on 02/12/2015

Barry · Married on 06/13/2015

LeAnn and Yingka were outstanding. When we started the process the things we were looking for were planners with experience to ensure that our planning covered all items needed for our wedding and that on the day of the event we had an owner to keep everything moving in the right direction. We got so much more out of Master Plans Events. Le Ann was everywhere day of the wedding and she was in complete control of everything and because of her everything occurred as we expected. She ensured our day was so wonderful even with the last minute changes that we had as late as the night before. I was not a believe initially about the the need for a planner but after working with LeAnn I am definitely a believer. The best way I can put it is if you want a stress free wedding then you must have Master Plans Events lead your event- they made our day memorable in the most positive way ever. Thank you LeAnn !!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Priya and Barry for the shout out! We really appreciate the gratitude and so honored to have worked with you both. Best wishes and keep in touch!

Bri · Married on 04/10/2015

Malinda was our day of coordinator for our La Canada Flintridge Country Club wedding in April 2015. It is difficult to put into words how absolutely amazing she was!! She presented herself in such a put together and professional way - I immediately felt comfort knowing she was on my team! She and her Assistant took care of my needs before I even knew I needed them. Prior to the event she emailed me to nail down specific details to ensure the day flowed smoothly. Honestly we could not be happier! She was pleasant as she interacted with our guests and handled major Ceremony/Reception details (ceremony seating, timing of walking down the aisle, reception time line, ensuring we had all our personal belongings like our engraved toasting flutes etc etc etc)

We are beyond impressed and grateful to have had such a lovely coordinator that made our day flow perfectly! Thank you Malinda!!

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • jewles322

Julie · Married on 03/22/2015

I am so thankful that my venue (Los Verdes Golf Course) worked with Master Plans events for event coordination. Working with Yingka was an absolute delight! She was incredible in responding to emails, professionalism and making everything run smoothly the day of. Because of her, I had no idea about some glitches that came about the day of. I was able to relax and enjoy my special day. She quickly came up with a backup plan for the cake topper (which I forgot to bring), and no on even noticed anything was missing from the cake. :)
    If I would do it again, I would hire Yingka for the full event coordination package.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Julie and Avi for the review! It was such a pleasure working with you both. Best wishes to you on your marriage and thank you again!

Tori · Married on 02/14/2015

Hiring Master-Plans events for our flowers was the BEST decision we made in the wedding planning process. Our cake was great, our DJ was awesome, and the reception venue was perfect, but the ONE thing that guests are still talking about a month later is our gorgeous flowers. I really can't explain how exceptionally beautiful they turned out.

I had been referred to Yingka by a mutual friend, but I hesitated to reach out for months because I worried that she and her team might not have the level of experience I was looking for (totally wrong). Finally, with only a month to go before my Valentine's Day wedding, I called up Yingka in desperation and was shocked that she was not only free, but was willing to work within my budget. I had spoken with other florists and received quotes for twice the cost that Master-Plans charged me. Flowers on Valentine's Day are not cheap, and I still have no idea how Yingka managed to produce such stunning bouquets and centerpieces while staying within budget. Truly amazing.

When Yingka arrived at the hotel that morning (punctual as ever!) with the bouquets, I was thrilled. They were stunning. And when I saw how fantastic my groom's boutonniere looked up on the altar, I was over-the-moon. But it wasn't until I arrived at the reception venue and saw what a phenomenal job she'd done with the centerpieces that she earned her place in my book as the best vendor of all time. Each table had three different types of vases, filled with beautiful assortments of peach, pink, and white roses. The filler flowers were gorgeous, too. She really went above and beyond all my expectations.

If you're still not sure if you should hire Yingka and her incredible team, here's one final tidbit: My mom has never been a big fan of flowers (something about reminding her of funerals, haha), but one month after our wedding she is STILL talking about how unbelievably gorgeous the flowers were. I can't recommend Master Plans more highly!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Master Plans Events & Designs, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Tori for the wonderful compliment. I'm so happy to hear everything turned out beautifully. It was a blast to work on your wedding and you were super great to work with! Best wishes to you on your marriage and keep in touch!

Michelle · Married on 10/04/2014

We hired Yingka to do our florals and day-of coordination for our early October wedding in Palos Verdes. She was absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

We immediately trusted Yingka over the other florists we met with. She quickly understood what we wanted, and her suggestions were perfectly in line with our own ideas. She was easy to communicate with and executed our discussion/agreement beautifully. My bouquet was out of this world beautiful, the altar arrangements (we had tall florals in big urns, rather than an arch) were amazing, and the reception was STUNNING. I was a little worried that it would be difficult to dress up our reception room - just a big banquet room - but was absolutely blown away when I walked into the room on our wedding day. It was so much prettier than I ever imagined it could be, all thanks to Yingka!!

I also can't imagine my wedding day without Yingka and her whole team as my coordinators. They were complete lifesavers! She was so helpful with all the little details I wouldn't even know to think about - preparing a massive, multi-page timeline for all of our vendors/venue; helping our officiant (a family member, not his regular gig!) with the rehearsal and actual ceremony; and, of course, taking care of everything day-of. My wedding day was a complete breeze thanks to Yingka. She also has a no-nonsense attitude and exudes calm -- I completely trusted her to talk care of anything that came up.

We cannot recommend her enough!! Please contact me if you have any questions about her services. I will sing her praises to anyone who will listen, and am happy to provide more specific information. She's worth every penny!!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Teddy · Married on 06/21/2014

What ever Yingka charges you, take that amount and multiply it by 3. Even then you feel that she should be charging you more. We had a wedding of 400 at a venue where you have to bring in everything from the toothpicks to the lighting on your own. We thought we would be able to plan this, how hard can it be right? Nope! Yingka and her team made us aware of stuff we would never even think about. She had to wrangle 20 vendors and 20 timelines from each vendor and make it all line up. This wedding would not have happened without Yingka and her team.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Kevin · Married on 05/11/2013

Simply the best period. Yingka and her team is the best in business, bar none.

Sent on 05/15/2013

christine · Married on 06/30/2012

Yingka is awesome! She has been in the business of wedding planning and floral arrangements for years, so she brings incredible insight, experience, and connections to the table in terms of advice, know-how, and finding appropriate vendors within budget while delivering on quality & value. She definitely has an eye for design and can create an exceptional wedding that fits in your budget. Yingka's flower arrangements were gorgeous. They turned out so beautiful. Everyone loved it, especially me.

Her team was on sight all day to prepare and coordinate the wedding. We never had a schedule problem. The wedding ran so smoothly, which was fantastic. Everyone was super professional.

Yingka is truly committed to each bride & groom she works with and does her best to make sure the planning process and wedding is everything that the couple wants. Go with her. It's worth it.

Sent on 07/02/2012

D · Married on 06/16/2012

The only thing I regret is that I have not written this sooner!!! I cannot say enough good things about Yingka and her team. We hired Yinka for the "day-of-wedding planner" package. I already had my venue, flowers, cake, etc... but had no idea how to plan a time line for the day of or anyone that could have come and setup the reception area, etc... Yingka and her team took care of it all. They were able to totally take all the stress off me so I was able to enjoy my wedding day. I would recommend Yingka to anyone she is very professional and talented, my flowers came too early for them to set up and Yingka and her team stepped in and arranged it all beautifully (people are still complimenting on how beautiful it was)!!! All I can say is that Yingka is amazing if there were any problems that day I was not aware of it because Yingka handled it all. I believe that it was the best decision I could have made (money well spent)!!!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Annette · Married on 03/17/2012

I would recommend Master Plans Events & Designs to anyone who is looking for a very talented florist and wedding planner. Yingka is very detail oriented and made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. Her timelines and schedules kept everyone on track and well informed of what was next. Not only did Yingka’s coordinating skills and great personality make my life easier, but my flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful and I cannot stop looking at our pictures. My reception was everything I had dreamed of and more and the decorations and arrangements exceeded my expectations. Thank you for making my special stress free and beautiful.

Sent on 04/02/2012

Esther S. · Married on 01/22/2012

This woman is amazing!! I was the most stressed out, overworked, unnecessarily detailed bride-to-be that was reluctantly planning a wedding with approximately 140 guests while working full time. And YINGKA was a GOD-SENT!!!

Is there a word limit on reviews? She is the most amazing wedding coordinator, and trust me, I met with a few before I met her. She is professional, well-connected, organized, and actually enjoys paying attention to every little beautiful detail. From a fellow beauty-lover, I loved that after meeting with her for hours and late into the night planning of decor and flowers, she simply stated, "I just like making things pretty."

If it weren't for Yingka, I would have been a giant ball of stress and anxiety. She has a calming way about her, which is just invaluable to a bride.

I have and will recommend her to anyone that is planning any type of event in their lives! She is absolutely worth more than her weight in gold!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Julia · Married on 01/01/2012

Awesome job. THANK YOU.

The only thing I'd like to say is that the flowers were a bit droopy, towards the end of the event (but this may be because flowers aren't in peak season when we're in the middle of winter!)

The wedding planning was spot on. Yingka saved my life & executed everything flawlessly. She kept us on time & I highly recommend her! She goes above & beyond.

Sent on 01/22/2012

Junko · Married on 11/11/2011

Where do I start?? Oh man if I didn't have Yingka for our wedding, I really don't know how it would have turned out. Again this review is long over due but better late than never. :) well let's just say we got married on 11/11/11 the most popular wedding day in Hawaii not to mention we live in Cali (atleast in Hawaii it was). We had no idea what photographer, venue, flowers and all the other stuff we needed to do to do a wedding but not to worry Yingka was there to guide us and find the perfect vendors for us. Not just budget but vendors who we felt comfortable with and had a good connection with. She was right when she told us its important to feel comfortable and be compatible with the vendors (it's amazing how much time you spend with them to get ready for the big day). She did our flowers and they were just amazing and exactly what I was looking for. If you can see our wedding photos :) not to mention the weekend of our wedding, mr Obama and other world leaders were in Hawaii at the same time and even took over the hotel we had our wedding at so we were moved to another hotel after our wedding. It was a hassle but with Yingka being there to help our guests it wasn't too much of a big deal. So long story short even though we were in Cali, with Yingka we were able to pull off an amazing wedding and let me tell you its a must to have Yingka to be your wedding planner.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Lisi · Married on 11/05/2011

We hired Master Plans Events for day of coordination. Don't know how we would've pulled it off without Yingka's guidance and hands on help the weeks before and the day of! She knows her stuff and was always positive and responsive.

Sent on 11/12/2011

Ngoc · Married on 09/24/2011

La Canada Country Club provided us with a ceremony coordinator for our wedding and I was lucky enough to have Annie Chou as the coordinator. She is super organized and arrived on time to the rehearsal and on the day of. I had tasks for my bridesmaids, such as setting up the placecards, party favors, etc. but Annie took care of everything! She stayed until the grand entrance and made sure the ceremony, cocktail hour and grand entrance ran smoothly and did an excellent job!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Elyse · Married on 08/07/2011

Yingka C. is a wonderful wedding planner. She is so easy to work with. So organized and calm and cool under pressure. She helped me with so many details of the wedding that I would not have been able to do myself. She also did my flowers and did a spectacular job and also helped pick out favors and wedding invitations. I couldn't have had the wonderful wedding I had without all the help from Yingka

Sent on 08/25/2011