Masala Entertainment Reviews

14 | Columbus, OH

14 Reviews for Masala Entertainment

Seema · Married on 06/24/2017

Indian Hindu Wedding

Great experience. Worked with us and gave us exactly what we wanted. Would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Paridhie · Married on 06/10/2017

Masala Entertainment was a huge success at our wedding! Umang was so easy to communicate with and made our whole process much easier. He is an expert with lighting and music and went above and beyond what we had asked for. Everything he did was customized to my taste and executed perfectly and our guests had nothing but positive remarks. We truly enjoyed working with him and his team and highly recommend Masala Entertainment!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Kavita · Married on 08/01/2015

I worked with DJ Umang on music for the Baraat, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. My husband is really particular about music (and Is an audiophile and former radio DJ himself), so it was imperative that we have the right music. After talking to Umang on the phone for an hour about music and our tastes, we got a sample playlist from him. We added and subtracted a lot from that and he was cool with that. At the reception itself, many people commented on how awesome the music was. I danced for hours on end.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Anisha · Married on 11/29/2014

Masala Entertainment was absolutely amazing at our wedding. They did the lighting and sound for our Sangeet and the sound for our wedding/reception in Indy. The team was very quick with response time and helped us plan out the music for the whole weekend to ensure we created the perfect atmosphere at all times. They're very friendly and know their music! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had dancing both nights! Great job guys! Would definitely recommend to any bride!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Komal · Married on 06/15/2014

We loved working with Masala Entertainment for our wedding. They were so easy to set-up an appointment with, and took the time to come to a location that was closer to us. We had the following services through them: dhol and music for the baraat, music throughout the wedding day (including reception) and lighting. Their price was reasonable and their work was great. They had previously worked with our wedding designer, so that made things all that much easier. I loved that they were happy to take our music requests. Our reception was suppose to end at 11:00pm, but we later found out that our guests were having such a great time that Apurva and his brother stayed an extra 2 hours! This was not at all expected or necessary, but it showed how much they love what they do. We are so happy we went with Masala Entertainment and we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Juliet · Married on 04/06/2013

These guys were great and a pleasure to work with! We used them for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. They were able to get any music we wanted, and their set up was very nice. The dance floor was packed the entire night, everyone had so much fun!!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Veena · Married on 05/27/2012

We were very impressed with the DJs from Masala Entertainment. They were very professional, prompt, and reliable and played some great music! They also were willing to do a lot of last minute adjustments, which was great. Great job!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Nisha · Married on 04/14/2012

They did a great job at our wedding. Honestly, they were amazing. Our friends had a lot of fun. Their timeliness, professionalism and attitude made our event a success.

It is very hard to find a vendor like them that is so easy and professional to work with. We had NO issues with them. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2012

MITUL · Married on 04/07/2012

The DJ service was great. They did a great job at our wedding. They also did the up-lighting for our event and it was wonderful. Our friends & family had a lot of fun. The service was professional and they were always on time.

We had no issues with them. We would highly recommend them to everyone!!!!

Sent on 12/25/2012

Ram · Married on 03/17/2012

Masala Entertainment was great to work with and I would def recommend there for future clients. They were very professional and responsive. I think their personalities also match well for the events, in that they are approachable, knowledgeable, and resourceful. They made it a hassle fee experience for DJ services.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Neelam · Married on 10/09/2011

I think we can all agree that wedding planning can be painful especially if a vendor is not so easy to work with. I was referrerd to Masala Entertainment by a family member and wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised when I spoke to Umang for the first time and felt like he was very professional and just an all around wonderful person.

I feel that a DJ can make or break a reception- and Masala Entertainment certainly made both the wedding and reception a hit! Umang is an amazing dholi artist & his music selection for the wedding & reception was exactly what I was looking for. Everything from the uplighting to the music & dj booth was AMAZING. I am not the type of person that give compliments unless someone truely did something well.

I have been to hundreds of weddings all over the states, and I haven't come across a DJ quite like this. Keep up the awesome work! Masala Entertainment was long overdue in Ohio, & I'm so glad we were referred to you!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Abheshek · Married on 10/01/2011

Umang/Masala Entertainment provided exceptional service. Their professionalism and customer focus was very refreshing, as this is not very common in the DJ industry. Moreover, Umang and team took the time to speak with me, understand our needs and worked with me on the pricing as well. Such customer focus is a rarity these days.

Finally, Umang and team did whatever was required to ensure that our wedding event was as successful as possible, despite inclement weather, and anticipated every need. I would highly recommend Masala Entertainment to anyone of my friends.

Sent on 10/07/2011

We used Masala entertainment for my sister's wedding. Apurva was the main DJ and he was absolutely amazing. During the event he was focused and so attentive. He knew who were the main people and organizers and did a great job working with them. He was so helpful, he even helped move chairs between skits during part of the evening program. There was a small hiccup when a song was played that the couple did not want, it was one of those typical wedding songs that may have been requested many times by guests, but it was not a huge deal. I would highly recommend Apurva for a wedding or special event.

Sent on 02/22/2014

4.2
      3.5

These kids are young, but have solid equipment and skills. They let us come preview their playing at a college party, and we liked what we saw. We used them for two parties. On the first night the DJ got lost but called us a number of times to let us know his status. He made it to the event on time. We sent them a huge list of plays and do not plays. They got most of it right. Our crowd was demanding and they struggled a little bit with the man dozen requests, but did their best to make do.

Overall, the dance floor was almost never empty. Hard to say more than that. Also, they did a strong job accommodating western and Indian music, and mixing it up.

Sent on 01/06/2013