Marylee Marmer Events Reviews

27 | Richmond, VA

27 Reviews for Marylee Marmer Events

• Susan

Susan Caldwell · Getting married on 07/03/2021

Marylee & her team made my day flawless

When I first got engaged, one of the most-recommended pieces of advice I received was "Get a wedding planner!" This came from people who had one and those who didn't...in fact, it was the #1 regret of those I spoke with who DIDN'T get one. They regretted not having someone to run point on the day of, leaving many tasks to family and friends (or worse, themselves). After interviewing several local wedding planners, I immediately felt comfortable with Marylee's demeanor, accessibility, and helpfulness. I'm a Type A planner, so I wanted to do most of the legwork myself, but Marylee was always there from the day I booked her to answer questions, provide recommendations, or just keep me sane. My actual day-of coordinator was Jennifer, who kept things running so smoothly that my parents (who hadn't been at all involved in any of the planning sessions with Marylee or her team) kept commenting on what a great job she was doing. I went into the big day logically expecting something to not go according to plan, but Marylee and Jennifer had it so wrapped up that the day was flawless. I couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Puljan · Married on 11/17/2019

Abolutely Fabulous and used them for multiple services!!!

Marylee and her team are absolutely fabulous. They are incredibly quick to respond and very detail oriented. We actually used them for coordination services, florals and linens and they rocked all three areas! She basically built my bouquets with very little direction from me and sooo many people complimented them at the wedding!!! The linens were beautiful and so so affordable and her coordination services were so top notch!! The executed everything we wanted and I could not have asked for a better team on our day!!! Thank you Marylee Marmer Events!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Jessie

Jessie Relford · Married on 10/19/2019

Working hard so you don't have to

Shoutout to Andrea for making our wedding run smoothly and flawlessly! Girl I saw you lugging those decorative gourds from the ceremony site to the reception and I APPRECIATE that! Not to mention the hundreds of other things I'm sure you did to help make our night the best it could be, that I didn't even see. I am not the best at communicating but Marylee and her team helped us figure everything out, and worked with our vendors (seamlessly, as far as I could tell!). It was nice to have someone there to take the load off my maid of honor and be another set of hands to help set up/take down.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome experience!

We had a great experience working with Marylee! We had multiple planning sessions leading up to our wedding where we discussed all the details with Marylee. These calls were very helpful and ensured that we weren’t forgetting anything! It also gave us peace of mind knowing that we had a planner looking at everything – the big picture and the small details. Marylee was very response to emails and phone calls and was always available for questions. She was also very attentive on the day-of our wedding – she checked on us and our family members multiple times throughout the night and ensured that everything flowed smoothly. If you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further than Marylee and her team!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Amy · Married on 05/11/2019

The best decision I made!

Hiring Marylee Marmer and her team was hands-down the best decision I made throughout our wedding planning process! Throughout our 10 month process, I debated about whether to hire a wedding planner. I knew our venue had a day of coordinator but wanted to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. I am very type A and wanted the day to run smoothly but also wanted my husband and I and our families to be able to enjoy the day. About 3 weeks prior to wedding date, I finally reached out to Marylee. Not only did she respond right away and have the date available but she tailored a package to meet our needs. As our date approached, Marylee and her team ensure that all loose ends were being tied and everyone was in the loop including family, vendors, and wedding party. Shelby and Andrea were the team members there on wedding and rehearsal day. They are absolutely fabulous!! I couldn't be more thrilled with the time and energy they put into making myself, my husband, our families, and all of our guests have the most amazing time. They were so sweet and friendly but when things needed to happen, they were on it! My parents and in-laws also agreed that Marylee and her team went above and beyond our expectations! People are still raving about our wedding and how much fun they had!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Mary Kathryne · Married on 01/19/2019

Marylee is amazing!

Marylee was easily the best decision we made when it came to planning our wedding. She is professional, kind, and great at all aspects of her job. She was a wonderful resource throughout the planning process even though we chose her as our day of coordinator. We had our ceremony in the same room as our reception so her and her team only had an hour to flip the room for dinner and the room looked stunning. She executed all of my plans perfectly and remembered every detail that we had discussed during planning meetings. She also provided florals for our event. The bouquets far exceeded my expectations and the table arrangements were exactly what I had imagined. She did an INCREDIBLE job with the florals for an extremely fair price. I would recommend Marylee and her team to anyone. I didn’t have to worry about a thing on my wedding day and I felt completely relaxed knowing that she had it all under control. We couldn’t have done it without her!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Jasmine Hindman · Married on 10/13/2018

Hands down the best!!

Marylee and Elizabeth are hands down amazing!! We choose to do day of coordination, and they made sure to keep us on track planning, and answer any questions we had and ensured our wedding day was exactly what we wanted.. By the time our day arrived, I knew I wouldn't have to worry about a thing! Elizabeth handled everything, and made sure both my husband and I had plenty of food, drink, and that we were having a great time! I cannot recommend Marylee and her team enough, they will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly Recommend!

Marylee and her team were an absolute dream to work with! I recommend her team any chance I get! Hands down one of our best valued vendors. We hired them for the day of services, décor rental, and flowers for our reception and cake. I told Marylee a few ideas I had and her team created an incredible space for our reception. Neither of our families had to run around the day of setting up the reception or having to pack anything up at the end of the night. Marylee, thank you so much allowing us to enjoy every minute of our wedding! Sarah and Steven

Sent on 01/13/2019

Linsey · Married on 06/09/2018

We just celebrated our wedding at the Virginia Cliffe Inn this past Friday and Marylee and her crew were awesome!! From the very beginning of our planning process, Marylee was very responsive to any questions we had and had very timely responses to all our emails. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of for the night and we did not stress one detail knowing Marylee had complete control. Thank you so much helping to make our wedding day totally picture perfect for us!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Madison · Married on 05/12/2018

Marylee was great to work with! She was very reliable and was the perfect wedding coordinator. Not only was Marylee our wedding coordinator, but she also did the flowers for our wedding. That made it so much easier when talking to her about decorations/flowers around our venue. We did not have to worry about ANYTHING the day of the wedding as Marylee and her team had it all under control and as the bride that is a great feeling on your wedding day. I cannot thank Marylee and her team enough for making Matt and I's wedding day the best day ever! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fabulous wedding coordinator!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Lindsay · Married on 10/14/2017

We LOVED working with MaryLee. She was amazing! From the time we first met with her, I knew she was going to be exactly what I wanted. She made sure everything went smoothly and handled any "bumps in the road" that came perfectly.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Molly · Married on 09/09/2017

Marylee was amazing from start to finish!! She put up with my many emails and countless questions and had many great suggestions for vendors! Marylee when above and beyond meeting us at the venue multiple times and ensuring that we felt confident about how the wedding would flow. We brought boxes full of decorations, flowers, and basic ideas to her during the rehearsal and I was amazed at what she had done when we came for the ceremony! She perfectly executed my vision! At the end of the night, everything was packed up, cleaned up, and in cars. No work left for my family! Not only is she great at her job, but she is such a great person! She gave up her birthday to coordinate my wedding! I would hire her again in a heartbeat and suggest her to anyone!

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • Katie

katie · Married on 06/24/2017

Marylee is amazing with planning, communication, flower design, keeping everyone calm and on track. Marylee is the perfect, and must have choice for any wedding. She is the vendor I would definitely in a heartbeat use again. She was always available to answer any questions no matter how silly or small. When I started to stress she suggested we meet and calmed me down. The day of our wedding she not only did am amazing job beautifully orating (better than I could have imagined) but she and her team kept everything running smoothly, and perfectly. I disnt even see them packing up everything at the end of the night. My new husband is ready to do it again, but only with Marylee. Thank you for being the most professional, becomming our friend, and loving what you do. She is AMAZING!!!!
    Katie and Brandon Mills

Sent on 07/07/2017

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

Marylee took the worry and stress out of "the big day"! She was easy to talk and work with and was very organized. It was a pleasure to work with her and her team and strongly encourage to use her for your day of coordinator or any coordination needs.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/01/2017

Marylee made our dreams come true on our April 1st wedding. We only had her for flowers and centerpieces but she truly made us feel like family and went above and beyond to make our dreams come true. She gave us a fairytale wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better florist or person to support us every step of the way.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Ciara · Married on 09/18/2016

Marylee was awesome, and had beautiful flowers to match. She catered to all of our wants and needs, in results a beautiful wedding. One thing I would only suggest is different material for coursages. They weren't really quite long enough, and somewhat difficult for them to stay put. Only a suggestion but they were all still beautiful!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2016

Marylee Marmer Events was fantastic! We had Andrea as our day of coordinator, and we absolutely loved her! She made sure everything ran smoothly and really took away a lot of our stress. All of our emails and questions were answered very quickly, and any concerns we had were addressed with nothing but cheerful responses. I could not be happier with the way we were treated and would recommend Marylee and her team to any bride looking for a professional and happy team!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Sierra · Married on 09/17/2016

Marylee is such an incredible wedding planner and beautiful person inside and out. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was by my side the entire time. From the very beginning of my engagement right until the end when we took off for our wedding night. I had no idea just how much goes into planning a wedding, but I was so blessed and thankful that I had Marylee by my side the entire time. Anytime I had a problem or question, she was there for me. She helped me stay in my price range and contact everyone I needed her too. She was my rock. I could not have done it without her. She made my wedding day so special and go so smoothly for me, I truly do appreciate it. My *husband* and I just love her and would recommend her to anyone! She will get the job done and make it a breeze for you, so you can focus on what truly matters, marrying the person you love. She will make your dreams come true. Definitely choose Marylee Events, you won't regret it, I promise.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

With only having met Marylee and her staff a month before my wedding, she was able to invision and pull off all of the ideas I wanted. I specifically worked with Lindsay and Taryn for my wedding weekend and they were awesome. Again, they took my visions and were able to make them happen. Very friendly and professional!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Katelyn · Married on 06/25/2016

Marylee is a doll! She made sure I didn't worry about a thing on the day of our wedding. She had her team there a few hours before our wedding to set up everything. They did a great job. During our rehearsal and the actual ceremony she guided everyone on the where, how, when and every little detail I could think of. We were so lucky to have her there for our wedding! During the reception, she made our plates for us with a bit of everything. She went to the bar and made sure we constantly had whatever it was that we needed, including our families. She kept everything flowing and moving in a timely manner. I would have been a wreck if it wasn't for her. Do not hesitate to hire her because you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Denise · Married on 05/29/2016

Marylee made me feel as if I was her number one priority. She answered every email within fifteen minutes. She calmed me down when I had my bridezilla moments and worked well with my crazy family and friends :)

Sent on 06/09/2016

Kathleen · Married on 06/20/2015

Marylee was so very helpful and accommodating taking over all contracts and communications with vendors during a very difficult time with the death of a loved one the week before the wedding. I could not have imaged the wedding running as beautifully as it did without Marylee help. The wedding turned out absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Rachel · Married on 03/21/2015

Marylee was an absolute pleasure to work with on ALL levels!! She is professional, knowledgeable, and offers great advice! Marylee really listened to what we wanted and made our dreams and visions come to life! We cannot thank her enough for all she did and would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Amberly · Married on 10/06/2012

Marylee was our wedding planner for our October 2012 wedding. For over a year we were privileged to get to know her and to have her working on our day. She has so much insight and experience that she made planning so easy! I am so thankful we had her to keep us on track as I had no idea how many small details were involved with planning a wedding. Marylee was always available for questions or suggestions, and we never had to wait for responses. Probably the best thing about Marylee is who she is as a person! She is so courteous, cheerful, funny, and a joy to be around. Her calm demeanor also makes for a very comforting experience because you know she has your back and is on top of everything! We are thrilled we had her as our planner and even more so to call her a friend!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Emily · Married on 06/18/2016

MaryLee was fantastic. From our first meeting until the wedding day she handled all of the emails, paperwork, and phone calls needed to get things in place. She pulled us in when decisions needed to be made, and clearly outlined the options (always with great recommendations when necessary). She saved us an incredible amount of time, and made it much easier for us to enjoy the process. We highly recommend her to anyone considering a planner.

- Emily & Jared