Mary Ann Productions Reviews

Mary Ann Productions 1
  • Jessica

Jessica Lee · Married on 05/04/2019

I love maryann

I normally don't leave reviews unless i had a terrible experience. But Mary Ann has exceeded my expectations and I have to make that known. I knew I made the right choice by hiring Mary Ann after my initial phone meeting with her. The first thing she asked me was "What were the reasons why you didn't hire the DJs you've seen at other weddings?" And I told her because of the type of music played didn't appeal to the crowd, the transitions between songs were terrible, and the sound quality. Mary Ann knows how to read the crowd. My dance floor was never empty. I wish I had a part two for my wedding so I can hire her again!. Thanks Mary Ann!

PS. I also have to add that she is so stylish with her Gucci glasses!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Tony · Married on 09/15/2018

Mary Ann was absolutely incredible! We have already recommended her to two other couples getting married next year. She is extremely vital to our day. From the meeting before the wedding to the last song she played of the night, it was an absolute joy to work with her. She was organized and kept the reception and cocktail hour moving so that there was no lull whatsoever. If you are even thinking about hiring Mary Ann, I say do it. She will make your special day perfect in every way.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Julianne · Married on 08/11/2018

MA is honestly the best. She is way more than a DJ – She is a true entertainer. Thanks to MA, we had a packed dance floor at our wedding reception all night until we were forced out of the ballroom at 1:00 AM. She knows exactly what to play in order to keep the party going, and my husband and I can’t thank her enough for that. She is super organized, awesome to work with, and all around, just so much fun. We feel so lucky that we got the chance to work with her.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Meredith · Married on 07/07/2018

The DJ was one of the most important items on our list. Mary Ann did not disappoint!! She understands every aspect of a wedding and is so willing to make it work for you. One of my favorite things is that she made a special musical theatre playlist for our dinner hour (I’m a drama teacher). It was so personal and my friends and family loved hearing Hamilton while eating bbq. She has DJ’ed both my brothers and my wedding-each time everyone commented on how incredible our DJs were. None of them realized it was Mary Ann both times. We call her the official DJ for our family.

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Mary Ann Productions 2
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/16/2018

Mary Ann was a vital creative and, truth be told: spiritual force within our amazing wedding at Planterra Conservatory in June 2018. We were thrilled to meet her early on, as we had been focused (once we knew we would not be using a live band) on finding the coolest, best DJ in the Detroit region. And that we did. She's of the region, and her style, taste and mode of working reflect this. It's an honor to have her in our world.

From day one, it was a perfect fit and wonderful experience: relationship, knowledge, service, execution. MA takes great care to establish the relationship immediately through thoughtful conversation, planning, and just the right level of collaboration. Then, she brings her authentic and DEEP musical knowledge and repertoire to bear. She plans meticulously, dials into your taste, is infinitely able to build based on your vision -- and ultimately, masterfully, creates the night of your dreams.

Of the many other plusses, too many to mention here really, she knew our venue inside and out and had solid working relationships with our team already and most all of the other partners we chose as part of what truly became a dream team. She was in many ways, the glue. And, she was certainly, my rock. Did a number of subtle cool things for me day-of for which I am grateful and which make me smile when I think back. She totally gets it.

We loved working with her, miss her already and cannot rave vehemently enough.

The all-in, ultimate pro, best taste and knowledge in the business, coolest cat in town -- who has your back and truly shares in your joy.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Molly · Married on 05/11/2018

Mary Ann was amazing from start to finish. She met with us before the wedding to go over the agenda and get the proper pronunciations of everyone in the wedding party. At the wedding she was organized and did an amazing job announcing all of the toasts, cake cutting, and first dance. After dinner she got people out on the dance floor immediately. Throughout the entire night, the dance floor was packed and people were having an amazing time! Everyone from grandparents to young cousins were out dancing and laughing. Mary Ann helped make our big day so much fun for everyone!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Samantha · Married on 02/17/2018

Firstly, Mary Ann Productions was recommended by our amazing wedding photographer, and I think it speaks volumes for someone to recommend another vendor for the same event they're booked to work. To me, that requires a lot of trust that they will help an event go smoothly and won't hinder your reputation or interaction with the hosts.
    Secondly, Mary Ann was very supportive, responsive, and enthusiastic about all of the little details and music elements we wanted to include. She also gave a lot of constructive insight based on her past experiences.
    Most importantly, she made sure to touch base with us throughout the night to ensure we were there for the special moments we requested and she was very flexible. We gave her a lot of creative control (because we trusted her, but also did not have the energy to micromanage), and she did not disappoint! So many guests told us how great the music was, and the dance floor was full all night. Also: her setup is very minimal (not flashy and overbearing like some DJs), so it didn't interfere with our aesthetic. She just provided a fantastic time and made our night the most perfect it could be!

Sent on 02/22/2018

Sara · Married on 01/20/2018

Mary Ann is the best in the business for a reason. She reached out to us before our wedding to get an idea of our vision for music and dancing, and made professional recommendations for us as well. Throughout the reception, she continuously checked in with us, as well as our parents, to ask about requests and how we were feeling. She did all of this while keeping the dance floor packed all night long! We still have people messaging us weeks after our wedding to tell us they haven't seen their significant other dance like they did at our wedding in years!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Kathleen · Married on 10/28/2017

I don't know where to begin with how fantastic Mary Ann is. Please excuse the lengthy review but I think it will help future brides.

We had our reception at The Gem Theatre in Detroit and the sound and music done by Mary Ann was incredible. We were referred to Mary Ann through our photographer and were won over right away during our phone consult. Mary Ann is incredibly professional yet tons of fun! She met with us at a restaurant in Royal Oak, treated us to dinner, and went over our entire vision and plan for the reception. She was on top of her game music wise, she listened to what we liked and didn't like, she made sure that she had everything down for our reception before we finished our meeting even if it took several hours.

At the reception, Mary Ann got our 16 person bridal party in order and did a fantastic job with introductions. She moved things along with the speeches, and played fantastic music during dinner. When an incident concerning attire occurred, she made sure to smooth things over and move things along without anyone else noticing. Following our first dance, I can honestly say the dance floor never cleared out. The manager at The Gem told my mom that she couldn't remember the last time the dance floor was always packed and it was an actual party. That was all thanks to Mary Ann. She listened to what we wanted to hear and be played, she made sure nothing we didn't like got played, even if it was requested. Mary Ann was unbelievably professional; the music she choose for us was exactly what we had envisioned without me having to make sure and talk to her constantly that what I wanted to be played was played; and Mary Ann was dressed professionally and looked fantastic as well!

From start to finish Mary Ann's service was impeccable. She responded to emails and texts rapidly and her demeanor and professionalism put myself and my now husband at ease. I can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

Mary Ann is the absolute best! If having great music at your reception is something that is very important to you, then go with someone who knows music. Not only does she know what she's doing, but she's respectful of your wishes. She follows what you want for your day. She is so personable, and so easy to work with and talk to. We just love her. And she put up with all of our groomsmen's super weird requests. 5 very big stars for Mary Ann :)

Sent on 09/24/2017

Leanne · Married on 06/24/2017

If you are thinking of hiring Mary Ann, do it! She is so amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process and on the day of the wedding. There were people on our dance floor all night and her selection of music was great for all of our guests, young and old! Mary Ann went our of her way throughout the night to check on us and make sure that we had everything that we needed. She knows how to read a room and is the perfect emcee. Her planning process is super thorough, so that she can make sure your night is exactly how you want it. We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Lily · Married on 06/03/2017

I highly recommend Mary Ann, she is an awesome DJ! She really loves her job and it makes working with her a pleasure. She is very easy to work with and listens to whats important for your wedding day. Mary Ann did an excellent job rehearing the order of events and everyone’s name- and between our two very ethnic last names, she executed the pronounciation perfectly all night. She was checking in with me throughout the night if the flow of events was good and she was coordinating with the other vendors. Throughout the entire night, we received compliments from our guests about how awesome our DJ was and what a great job she was doing sensing the crowd and playing some great music! You will not regret working with Mary Ann!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Mary Ann was very personable and easy to work with. We were making wedding music plans during a very busy season and even with time zone differences MA made time to talk over the phone to discuss details. We definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Aaron · Married on 09/23/2016

Mary Ann was one of the highlights of our special night!

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

To be honest, picking a DJ was a bit stressful. There is a lot of trust you put in a DJ - they are The Party! With Mary it was stress free from the beginning. She was very responsive, seasoned and an awesome partner to work with. She was referred by a friend and I can now see why. We got married 3 months ago and we are still receiving compliments on "The Party". The dance floor was always packed. My dad who NEVER dance was jamming on an air guitar and at one point all my guys friend were hitting the high notes to a Whitney Houston song. She made out night perfect!

Katie · Married on 09/03/2016

Mary Ann was wonderful! She was very easy going and accommodating. We got married in Detroit at the DIA, and we wanted mostly Motown played at the reception. She did awesome. Everyone including the wait staff and the bartender were dancing. We still get so many comments from guests about how it was the best music at a wedding they've ever been to. She was just the kind of DJ we were hoping for, fun and engaging with the guests (but not at all corny like some DJ's can be.)

Also, our other vendors enjoyed working with her as well. Everyone only had great things to say about her.

I'm sure Mary Ann would be equally great with any genre of music, but if you want Motown (which I recommend - it's a crowd pleaser) she will bring down the house for sure. I highly recommend Mary Ann Productions!

Liza · Married on 08/27/2016

Mary Ann is incredible. We had rain before the ceremony, and she knew the exact amount of time she would need to set up outside after it stopped. She kept the dance floor full. She brought us our first drinks of the night. She kept everything moving along and checked with us when she was unsure of a song request. She even got the shuttle driver to wait a few extra minutes so that the guests could enjoy the final song of the night. I wish that I had more events that require a DJ in my future just so that I could see her again!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Allison · Married on 08/20/2016

MaryAnn was by far the absolute best! She was super fun, professional, and really tailored the music to what you want and what's current and fill in with similar selections. She did not make the reception about her, as some DJs do, like talk way too much, etc. I got SO MANY compliments from my guests on how great she was and I have to say, not to brag, but the dance floor was packed the whole time. A good DJ helps make that happen no matter how cool your guests are. 5/5 stars, 100% satisfied and will of course highly recommend to anyone who wants a fun party with an awesome, professional, kick-ass woman.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Mary Anne · Married on 08/05/2016

We loved Mary Ann! We are very picky music lovers and she did such an awesome job with our wide range of taste. She was professional and did a great job directing us because we had no idea what to do. I'd totally pick Mary Ann again as my dj, if I get re-married. ??

Sent on 12/10/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/23/2016

MA truly made our wedding experience amazing. She was super responsive and willing to answer any and all of our questions. The music was AMAZING, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. Can't thank her enough for making our wedding so much fun. Thanks, MA!!

Sent on 12/26/2016
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 07/16/2016

Mary Ann was the absolute best! Everyone was raving about the amazing wedding coordinator that helped them out and kept the music going and helped them when we were late. She was helpful in preventing my friend from playing Rock Lobster at the wedding and could figure out what song my dad wanted to play purely through the beat he sang.

She greeted us as soon as Steve and I arrived at the venue, she greeted us and got us drinks and prepared us for the entrance to the ballroom. She went over the names to make sure that she pronounced them correctly.

I would highly recommend Mary Ann for your wedding!

Ashley · Married on 05/21/2016

Cannot recommend her enough! MA is astoundingly fun, energetic, & awesome at music.

Katie · Married on 05/20/2016

Mary Ann is truly the BEST in the business! All I wanted for my wedding was to have a packed dance floor and everyone dancing the night away. Mary Ann 100% made my dream come true, we had our venue until 1am and we danced until the lights came on!

Her music selection was KICK ASS for both cocktail hour and reception. I keep getting comments from our guests that "I have never danced so much at a wedding", "this was the BEST wedding, I have ever been too!", "I have been to a lot of weddings, and your DJ is truly the best"

Not only does Mary Ann have a priceless collection of songs, knows how to read a room, she was great to work with. Her professionalism and over 25 years of experience made me so confident in "handing over the keys to the car" to her.

Mary Ann exceeded both our (Husband and myself) expectations and brought the party to a whole new level. Love her so much!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Mary Ann is awesome! She's professional, kind, talented, and fun. She can definitely get a crowd going and really takes into account what each couples wants and does not want.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Allison · Married on 09/05/2015

Choosing MA as our dj was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We had some unique requests and she totally embraced it and came up with some AMAZING set lists! She is very hands-on in making sure things run smoothly too - while our speeches were going on, there was a lot of noise coming from the kitchen, and I saw her (not the venue staff) step over and close the door to avoid any distractions from the speeches. Just little things like that show how professional she is and how good at her job she is. MA isn't like some cheesey dj's who just want to hear themselves talk all night, and that was important to us. She knows how to read the crowd and play music that will keep the dance floor packed! Our guests had a blast dancing to her music all night! =) THANK YOU Mary Ann!

Sent on 09/16/2015