Marriott Ranch Reviews

Marriott Ranch 5
Marriott Ranch 6
Marriott Ranch 7

Julie · Married on 10/06/2018

We got married at the Marriott Ranch on October 6, 2018. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all on site. It was an amazing venue that we can not say enough good things about!

We met with Jennifer over a year and a half ago to talk to her about potentially having our wedding at the ranch. We instantly loved the feel of the bed and breakfast and having all of our close friends and family stay with us for our wedding weekend. You can't beat the views either! The pavilion felt like just the place where we could have our guests celebrate with us. Jennifer was amazing at staying on top of everything and answering all of our questions. We loved our times with her for our tasting and to check out the spaces for our rehearsal dinner.

Our wedding day was beyond magical! We took an early morning walk with our families and saw the cattle and the donkeys. Throughout the day, we felt pampered by all of the staff and were so at ease knowing that all of our preparations were now in good hands. All of the staff work together wonderfully to put out a beautiful event. Louise and Jennifer really do make an awesome team!

It was pretty difficult to get transportation for our other guests who were staying at the closest hotel (Hampton Inn Front Royal), which was about 35 minutes away, but we managed to find a school bus that could hold all of our guests so there could be one trip to and from the Marriott Ranch.

We loved how intimate and personal it felt having our wedding at the Marriott Ranch. It truly felt like a home away from home and we are SO glad we picked it for our special day! Thank you for amazing memories that will last us a lifetime!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Marriott Ranch 8

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Julie and Charlie - thank you for your exceptionally kind and generous review! It was our complete joy to be a part of your special weekend. Your families and guests were amazing and it was an honor to host everyone at the Ranch.

Don't be a stranger! We would all love to see you both again.

Thank you!
  • Clarise

Clarise Norris · Married on 09/01/2018

Dream Wedding

I would like to thank the staff at The Marriott Ranch Bed & Breakfast for my dream wedding. Special thanks to Louise who saw my vision and brought Hawaii to Virginia. We were blown away how our wedding turned out! The day, venue and experience was perfect! My sister had her wedding at the Marriott ranch and now I had mine. I would highly recommend this venue to others. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Marriott Ranch 9
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 08/18/2018

WOW! I would never consider going to any other venue. Talk about service and ambiance! The Marriott Team makes you feel like absolute royalty when you are there. Louise has been amazing in helping with everything and being there for us when we have questions and requests. This venue and location is jaw dropping and our guests were in absolute amazement. The food from beginning to end is FANTASTIC (including the portions), the service in incomparable, and the views are truly priceless.

We heard repeatedly that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to and it was thanks to Louise and the Marriott Team!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Erika - thank you for your kind review! We appreciate you entrusting the Ranch for your wedding. It was our pleasure and honor.

Thank you!

Timothy · Married on 06/15/2018

We had our wedding weekend at the Marriott Ranch and invited 28 of our special friends to stay with us on the ranch for the whole weekend. The views on the ranch are simply breathtakingly spectacular. The ranch is surrounded 360 degrees by the blue ridge mountains. The staff at the ranch, especially Louise and Andrea catered to our every need. Our friends had such a great time. We had a welcome wine/cheese party on Friday night, a delicious country breakfast Saturday morning, followed by lawn games, like volleyball, corn hole, and shuffleboard. We had a sandwich platter lunch in the afternoon before everyone departed to their rooms to get ready for the wedding. The wedding itself was so beautiful. The only snafu was that I lost our wedding rings an hour before our ceremony, however Louise went beyond our expectations and got two metal detectors and is in the process of scouring the lawn to look for them for us. Now, if that's not service, I don't know what is. We did a semi-custom menu for our wedding. We selected some items from their menu, provided some recipes, and gave them ideas of foods we liked, such as a chicken with a fruity, balsamic glaze (they came up with a strawberry balsamic glaze that was to die for). The food for our wedding was so beyond our expectations, we got so many compliments. In fact, the onsite caterer obsessed over one of the recipes I sent her to make sure it was absolutely perfect for us, and she nailed it. The cost of our wedding included all of the rooms for the entire weekend, breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday, lunch platters, catering, bar, rentals, setup, and more. We had such an amazing time during our entire stay, and all of our friends had a wonderful time, many of whom said this was the best wedding they ever attended. They really treated us like royalty the entire time we were there.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Tim - thank you for your generous review! We had so much fun hosting your wedding weekend. We hope to see you and Chris again soon. Thank you!

Christy · Married on 04/07/2018

We had a very small intimate wedding with just our closest family and friends. Louise was very quick to get back to me, make suggestions when needed, and she was honest when she didn't think something would work - this was fantastic for me, as I am not a planner. Because of our small size and pre-wedding season wedding, we were able to change our dates when we learned not everyone could come and we were also able to have everything indoors when it flurried the morning of the wedding. Everyone who attended agreed it was the perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Christy - thank you for your generous review! It was truly our honor to be a part of your beautiful wedding. Wishing you and Kevin all the very best ...

Kayla · Married on 10/14/2017

Both the Marriott Ranch and the event coordinator there, Jennifer, are simply amazing. I could not be happier with my decision to have the wedding of my dreams there, and Jennifer made the planning process so fun and easy. The weekend package is definitely the way to go because there is no shortage of fun activities and relaxing areas to occupy your time, and getting to spend the weekend with the awesome staff is just the icing on the cake. Thank you Marriott Ranch for the beautiful memories.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Kayla - thank you for your sweet review! We loved hosting your wedding weekend. The staff is still talking about how wonderful your families, friends and guests were. And the dances you dedicated to your family had us all teary eyed! Many thanks and come visit us soon!

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so thankful to Marriott Ranch for the WONDERFUL job they did on our daughter's wedding! The staff at the ranch is beyond incredible - so helpful and attentive. Our guests are still talking about the delicious food at the reception and how lovely the entire venue was. We would recommend Marriott Ranch to anyone planning a wedding or corporate event.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Erin! Thank you for the generous review. It was our pleasure hosting such a beautiful weekend for your daughter's wedding. Wishing you and your families all the very best.

Nancy · Married on 07/22/2017

If I could give it 10 stars I would. From the first meeting to the day after my daughter's wedding, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Jennifer Seo and her team are simply the best ever.

We did the weekend wedding package and this is a must do for all bridal parties. It started with a wine and cheese
    welcome reception on Friday and continued until the farewell breakfast on Sunday. An absolutely perfect weekend.

The rooms are terrific! The rehearsal and dinner were fantastic. Great cook out/picnic food all at Western Town. Breakfast both days was just darn good. Lunch was simple and just what we all needed to get through until the wedding at 5.

And then the rain came. It poured. Buckets. It thundered very loudly. It lighteninged (is that a word?) a lot. However, that didn't stop Jen and the staff from making a seamless transition from outside on the lawn to down to the pavilion. Incredibly done and quickly also. Good thing we moved inside as it continued to rain until about 9pm.

The reception! What can I say but it was fabulously splendid. The food was so tasty. The drinks were devine. The decor was beautiful. Everything was perfectly perfect in every single way, including the rain.

Oh and horseback riding Sunday was a perfect way to end the weekend. I highly recommend this activity.

The staff is probably the friendliest I've ever come across. Hands down the nicest, most sincere, most willing to help EVER. Oh and they hug also. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to them, they made our daughter's wedding weekend so special.

Needless to say, we had a fabulous, amazingly awesome weekend.

We will return. Can't thank you ALL enough.

Nancy Brown
    PS--I miss the butler's pantry. LOL

Sent on 08/16/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Nancy - thank you for your exceptionally kind review! It was our pleasure hosting your friends and family ... and what a happy, fun group of people! I loved working with you and your super creative brain, Lindsey and David. Please come visit us (and the Butler's Pantry) again soon!

Veronica · Married on 07/15/2017

Words cannot describe the beauty of this venue. My guests were awestruck. We enjoyed a beautiful Friday check in experience and our guests were treated to a wine and cheese hour before our wedding rehearsal. On our wedding day the Ranch staff was beyond helpful. They provided a delicious sit down breakfast and lunch buffet. They checked in on our bridal party throughout the day to see if needed more water, coffee, trash taken away, towels, etc. On the morning of the wedding our groomsmen participated in the clay target shooting and loved it, its a great way to get the guys up and ready for the day! Moving through the day to our wedding ceremony, amazing!! the coordinators kept us on time, our cocktail hour and reception food was absolutely amazing. Our food was a highlight of the day. Our planning process was very smooth as well! They were flexible with us on our menu options and chair set up for the ceremony. Overall an amazing venue that you need to check out if you are in the Northern Virginia area!!!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Veronica! Thank you for your generous review. It was absolutely our pleasure hosting your special weekend. Don't be stranger!

Nancy · Married on 06/24/2017

Outstanding job in every way. From the planning to the day of, MR was more than accommodating, so helpful and fun to work with. Danny was a true pleasure to work with and your staff could not have been nicer, more helpful and willing to do whatever needed to be done the nite of the Rehearsal dinner. They certainly took all the last minute details off my plate which was a huge help and allowed me to spend time with and enjoy all the guests. They took charge without much direction from me and just did what had to be done and then some. They were so friendly and helpful I could not have asked for better. Thank you so much for all your help in making this event an incredible evening and success. I would not hesitate to highly recommend you! I truly wish you and your staff all the best,

Sent on 07/02/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Nancy! Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you, Scott and Katie for their rehearsal dinner. We appreciate your generous words and hope to work with you again soon. Many thanks ...

Mary · Married on 06/17/2017

Amazing staff, so easy to work with! They were incredibly proficient and flexible during all of the wedding planning!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Mary! Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you.
    All the best ...

Jacqui · Married on 05/28/2017

Great location! Gorgeous background, tons of on site services, perfect outdoor wedding location!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Jacqui! Thank you for your generous review. It was our pleasure to be a part of such an amazing wedding! Come visit us again soon!

Carrie · Married on 05/20/2017

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our wedding. Louise and the Marriott Ranch team were outstanding and really made us feel like we were the center of the universe for our special day. I highly recommend the Marriott Ranch to everyone looking for the perfect venue for their wedding or special event... and the cows were very welcoming too!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Carrie! Thank you for your positive review! It was an honor to be part of your wedding. Come see us (and the cows) again soon!

Julie · Married on 10/16/2016

Perfect place for a rustic wedding! Love Marriott Ranch! From start to finish we are extremely happy with our experience with Marriott Ranch. Location is gorgeous! Staff is extremely professional, easy to work with and goes above and beyond to make you happy. Food was amazing, which was the most important thing to my husband! Kept hearing from wedding guests, "How did you find this place?" And, "This place is gorgeous!" Perfect all in one spot! Rooms on the property, different venue spots for weekend events, wedding and reception within walking distance.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Julie. We are so honored to have been part of your special day. Thank you for choosing Marriott Ranch.
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 09/24/2016

It's hard to find the words to describe our experience with Marriott Ranch. Our wedding coordinator, Jennifer was so helpful and professional. She made the day go so smoothly! The fact that we could have our wedding party and parents stay on site was so great. The chef for Marriott Ranch was fantastic, I wish I could eat like that daily. Stop what you are doing and go see Marriott Ranch. It is the absolute best!

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Marriott Ranch 10
    Marriott Ranch 11

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Hi Claire! Thank you for the kind review. It was our honor to be part of your wedding weekend - so full of love and fun. I'm hoping you and Woody are well and that you'll come to visit us soon. Happy holidays to you both!

Stacey · Married on 09/10/2016

We got married early September 2016 and rented out Marriott Ranch for our wedding party to spend the weekend as well as host our rehearsal dinner, and cater our wedding at Rappahannock Cellars. Louise was a dream to work with and allowed us to pick and choose details to make the event what we wanted.

The food was over the top good – more than I expected it to be. They helped with linens and plates and glasses – the whole 9 yards. The staff at the Ranch – both catering and BnB were always friendly and happy to lend a hand to make our weekend magical.

The venue is gorgeous – we actually took the majority of our wedding photos outside of the Ranch, rather than the winery reception venue. The old trees and southern porch on the Manor House are a great background.

We will absolutely be coming back to the Ranch in the future. I would absolutely recommend Marriott Ranch for your events.

Sent on 10/10/2016

K · Married on 08/13/2016

EVERYONE at Marriott Ranch made my son's wedding absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking. Hat's off to the chef, the food was wonderful. If you want the best wedding, I 100% recommend Marriott Ranch.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Debra · Married on 07/10/2016

Our daughter was married to a young man from the West Coast on the front lawn of Marriott Ranch this summer in front of the ancient tree with the beautiful mountains surrounding us. What a lovely setting! Our family stayed at the main house and annex and the groom's family stayed in the new farmhouse for two nights. I am so grateful for this time that we had to get to know the groom's family before the wedding. Sometimes, there is an awkwardness at weddings when two families don't know each other, but these several days provided us the opportunity to form strong bonds between two families-West Coast and East Coast. We played lawn games, and utilized the smoking room with card games, and the fire pit outside provided a great place to gather the two families in the evening.
    Wine and a cheese and fruit plate with crackers was offered to guests arriving for the rehearsal and it was a wonderful time together in the living room of the main house. The rehearsal dinner was a pasta bar that was not only delicious, but also creative and colorful.
    The "breakfast" part of the Bed and Breakfast was delicious and offered another opportunity for the two families to mingle in the dining room of the main house. The staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous.
    The high ceilings and vintage awesomeness of the rooms upstairs provided a wonderful, spacious, and memorable place for the bride and her bridesmaids to prepare for the wedding. The beautiful, wide staircase made a spectacular first glimpse of the bride as she descended to the families and wedding party gathered inside, preparing to walk down the aisle.
    Fruit infused water and lemonade was offered to the wedding guests as they arrived which was refreshing and also pleasing to the eye. Guests were raving about the gorgeous setting for the ceremony. Louise was very professional and helpful in getting everyone in the places and down the aisle at the right moment. She was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Allie · Married on 06/04/2016

We had the absolute wedding of our dreams at Marriott Ranch. We're still hearing from our guests about how beautiful it was. We worked with Jennifer and I seriously would have gone crazy without her. She was so accommodating, so helpful and responsive, it was just such a nice relief to not have to stress about the details. You really can't go wrong here, the entire staff is amazing, the venue couldn't be more beautiful if it tried. True magic and worth every penny!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Aggie · Married on 05/21/2016

My daughter and her husband were married at The Marriott Ranch, May 21, 2016. The entire weekend was magical and relaxing. Louise Ramsey met with us as many times as we needed to before the wedding weekend so that everything would run smoothly. She was kind, helpful and professional. She really knows her business and people well. Her advice was valuable in providing a fun, relaxing but still elegant weekend. Our wedding party and wedding guest felt right at home. The entire staff at The Marriott were kind, welcoming and professional. If you are looking for a venue that offers beautiful views, delicious food and a friendly professional staff, you should look at having your wedding at The Marriott Ranch.
    Aggie Ramirez

Sent on 06/04/2016

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Thank you Aggie for the kind words and praises. We are glad your family choose Marriott Ranch as the location for their special day. We wish your daughter and husband much happiness.

Lindsey · Married on 04/23/2016

We had our wedding at the Marriott Ranch this past April and we can't recommend this place enough! The entire weekend was absolutely perfect and I truly believe that was due to the experienced staff at the ranch. I felt that they took care of us and treated us like family which set this venue apart from all others. Not only was the service and food top notch, but the venue itself is just beautiful, I’d highly suggest visiting in person. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking with 360 degree views of rolling hills and mountains. Our guests were amazed and couldn’t stop saying how gorgeous the backdrop was. The assistance received during the planning process was phenomenal, we loved working with Louise Ramsey. She was always available to answer any questions we had and she provided so many helpful suggestions and ideas. I honestly didn’t have to worry about a thing on my wedding day as I knew that Louise and her staff would have executed everything flawlessly. We took advantage of the entire ranch by reserving all of the rooms in all 3 buildings and it worked out perfectly for our bridal party and family. It almost felt like a destination wedding, even though it’s just a short hour drive from DC. Everyone loved the comfortable spacious rooms, especially in the new farmhouse. Also, having breakfast provided each morning and lunch provided on the wedding day was a treat. We loved the food so much that we had the ranch cater our rehearsal dinner at Rappahhannock Cellars, right down the road. They offered us a lovely customized tasting and we were amazed how talented and versatile the Chef was. We requested a Lebanese inspired menu and we truly felt that we were eating at an authentic Lebanese restaurant, they nailed it! I also loved that the food was so elegantly displayed. We were so pleased with how everything turned out on our wedding day, it couldn't have gone more smoothly. We can't sing enough praises for the ranch turning our dream wedding into a reality.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Sarah · Married on 03/26/2016

We had planned our wedding to take place nearby at a private house, and were working with the Marriott Ranch as our caterer. In the end we made the decision to move our wedding ceremony and reception to the Ranch for more space and comfort for our guests. Louise worked with us to give us everything we wanted for our special day. The venue itself was so beautiful and the service we received was excellent. I cannot say enough good things about having my wedding at the Marriott Ranch, it was perfect in every way. They also catered our rehearsal dinner and housed a number of our guests for the weekend, they really took care of everything!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Marriott Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and using our services. We enjoyed having you and your guests kick off our wedding season and be the first family to stay in our brand new Farm House!
    We wish you both a lifetime of happiness! The Marriott Ranch Team

Mary · Married on 07/18/2015

We utilized the Marriott Ranch for our wedding weekend. We were able to rent the property for the weekend, providing our wedding party comfortable accommodations and centralized gathering location.

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the Ranch. The food was outstanding, and we featured several menus. We can't say enough about the vision of Louise Ramsey. She went above and beyond to meet with us, help us coordinate our menu, ceremony set up, and reception floorplan. She assisted us in selecting the best linens to transform the lovely pavilion which serves as an on-site back up in the case of inclement weather.

Louise recommended that because of the weather forecast (high 90s), we consider using portable air conditioners to make the pavilion more comfortable for our guests. If you are having a summer wedding (or a wedding in high heat), this is the BEST investment the Ranch offers. Our guests were comfortable, and everyone was able to comfortably celebrate. We are confident that had we lacked air conditioning in the pavilion many of our guests would have departed. The design was unobtrusive and fit seamlessly.

The Manor House has four bedrooms, three of which have two beds, and one of which has a king bed. Additionally the property has three exterior rooms, two of which have two beds, and one of which is a suite with a king bed and a living room. The staff were phenomenal in making guests comfortable, and provided excellent food for our overnight guests.

Many of our guests said our wedding was the prettiest they had seen, and we owe that to the Ranch. The views are incredible, and the facilities are perfect. We are beyond happy!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Lauryn · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I got married at the Marriott Ranch on July 11, 2015. It was the most magical, wonderful day of our entire lives! The Marriott Ranch provides you with the opportunity to not only get married on their property, but spend the entire weekend there with your family and friends! They provide you with a rehearsal dinner space, breakfast and lunch for your inn guests, a ceremony and reception space, as well as linens and catering. This venue is the absolute best value you will find. The scenery is breathtaking, the food is to die for, and the service is top notch and beyond! Louise was our wedding day coordinator, also provided by the ranch, and from the first day we met, I knew she'd be wonderful to work with. She was always so accommodating and supportive, and made certain she knew our vision so she could help bring it to life. The other coordinators there were also present on our wedding day and were equally as wonderful! The staff at the Marriott Ranch is incredible! They really go above and beyond to make sure you and your guests are comfortable, well fed, and happy. They truly make you feel right at home. Our day was made perfect by the organization and smooth deliverance of service topped with the positivity beaming from all the ranch staff. They really seem to find joy in helping make your dream a reality. From the time we booked to the day after our wedding when we drove away, I never felt an ounce of stress. The Marriott Ranch staff kept me at ease. They are very creative, helpful, and laid back in the sense that they keep you calm and take on whatever it takes to leave you assured that things will turn out exactly how you want. They happily took care of just about everything! I could go on forever with praise after praise, and still no amount of positive words could be enough to describe our experience. The best decision I made by far was choosing the Marriott Ranch as our wedding venue! The worst part was driving away knowing it was all over. =[

Sent on 08/03/2015