Milwaukee Marriott West Reviews

25 | Waukesha, WI

25 Reviews for Milwaukee Marriott West

rachel · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Nicole and all the staff was amazing to work with! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Tarah · Married on 07/22/2017

We got married July 2017 and I couldn't have imagined anything more PERFECT!!! The venue took our breathe away the moment we walked in the first day, but the day of our wedding it was even better!!! From the way Ashley Berry handled every question and concern and made us feel comfortable and excited about our big day was so helpful! She was willing to help in any way possible and that took away a lot of our stress from the day. The day we walked in the bars were set up perfectly, waiters were constantly coming around with appetizers so no one was hungry and the room was set up just as we had imagined! I heard from MANY people it was the best wedding steak they have ever had. We had 160 people and everyone talked about how wonderful the food and service was that night. At the head table they served us in such a special way (you'll have to experience yourself!) it was truly all of the little touches that made the evening so much more special. There were zero problems of the night and if there were any we never knew about them!! I would absolutely recommend this venue as a place for your wedding or any event. I only wish we had more things to celebrate so we could use this venue again!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I had our reception at the Milwaukee Marriott West in June 2017. We worked with Ashley and she was phenomenal. She was incredibly professional from the start, kept us on track, she responded VERY quickly to every single question, and was very accommodating. I'm a planner, so I would ask Ashley a lot of questions throughout the year before the wedding. She went through my emails and answered each and every one - typically the same day. Ashley truly made it seem like we could do anything we wanted at our wedding and the Marriott would make it happen for us. She was there to make it our perfect day, and she did just that. The food was AMAZING and the service looked very sharp. The whole staff made our wedding seamless by also working with the cake vendor, DJ, florist, and photographer. The staff also asked my husband and I (along with the bridal party and our parents) if we needed anything throughout the entire night. So many of our guests have complimented our wedding, the venue, the hotel, the food, and really everything about the reception. I honestly cannot recommend this place enough. It was fantastic in every single way.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2017

The Milwaukee Marriott West exceeded all of our expectations in a wedding reception venue! Aside from the beautiful ballroom, lobby, hotel rooms and cocktail hour facilities, the wedding coordinator, Ashley, and the catering staff were absolutely wonderful to work with! Ashley was extremely responsive to all of our questions and kept us updated on important dates and things to remember, which was a huge help in staying organized during the planning process. Ashley and the rest of the staff have a ton of wedding experience and collaborated very well with the rest of our wedding vendors (florist, DJ, photographer, etc.) to accommodate all of our customized wishes and keep the reception running according to schedule, allowing us to sit back and enjoy everything! The banquet staff also paid special attention to us during the reception. On top of all that, they had a ton of good food and drink options in nicely packaged deals, and we received many compliments from our guests on the awesome food and service! We are so happy we chose the Milwaukee Marriott West for our wedding, and would highly highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/12/2017

David · Married on 10/08/2016

If you are looking to have a Milwaukee wedding, don't limit yourselves to downtown. The Milwaukee Marriott West is the perfect choice for a modern, yet elegant venue that is extremely convenient for out-of-town guests of all ages. The ballroom and lobby were renovated in early 2016 and the modern, urban style looks awesome! Our guests were extremely impressed with the guest rooms, white glove service and coordinated plating of the head table. As the bride/groom we were so impressed with the attentiveness of the entire staff. The wedding coordinator, Ashley, is fantastic. Extremely organized, flexible and willing to work with our questions and requests. She truly made our special day relaxing and allowed us to enjoy the moment.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/27/2013

Our experience at the Marriott was incredible. Everyone was very professional and the accommodations are beautiful. We had a 300 person wedding and it was really hard to find a nice venue for that size. The Marriott includes everything in the price so there are no hidden costs. We worked with Jill there and she made sure everything was perfect. She was professional, organized and willing to do anything to make our experience an incredible one. The food was also amazing!!! Everyone at the wedding complimented us on the filet that you could cut with a butter knife. I would highly recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jon · Married on 03/05/2011

You guys were great. First class all the way!

Sent on 05/24/2011

vicky · Married on 08/21/2010

Anne was a complete pleasure to work with and I would do it again. The service was excellent and the staff was pleasant and curteous to all. I would recommend this highly.

Sent on 09/15/2010
  • I

Linda · Married on 06/19/2010

Everything was fantastic. They were very flexible with our needs and helpful in making our daughter's dream wedding come true. There was no request that was too big and no detail that was too small for them. The staff was great and professional and the food was excellent. Ann must be very proud of all of them and the teamwork approach they adhere to was great. They even provided chair covers for us and a room for opening gifts the next morning. An absolute class act!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Mattthew · Married on 06/05/2010

Everything was absolutely perfect! Everyone made sure that we had everything we needed, but they were never overbearing or in the way. At one point, one of the people in charge came up to me with a cold bottle of water because he said that he saw me on the dance floor for awhile and thought I could use it! Those types of little things occurred throughout the entire night! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Stacy · Married on 05/30/2010

The Milwaukee Marriott West EXCEEDED my expectations for our wedding. Everything was beautiful the night of our wedding and the service was incredible. And working with the Marriott in the months leading up to the wedding was easy and enjoyable. It is an amazing venue and you can't go wrong with this hotel and it's staff.

Sent on 06/16/2010

Sally · Married on 09/26/2009

Anne and the Marriott wedding team were just amazing. The ballroom was just beautiful, and they exceeded every expectation I had. The food was well presented and tasted great. Everything went perfectly. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/10/2009

Carlene · Married on 05/29/2009

The Marriott was a fantastic place to have a wedding. They were so flexible and professional. My family and friends continue to rave about the service they received. They made the wedding planning and our wedding day a dream. Thank you so much!

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2007

Working with everyone at this hotel was so easy. They did anything and everything for us it truly made our day that much more amazing. Ann was our banquet corrdiantor and she was so on top of everything even though she was in the process of planning her own wedding on the same day as ours which caused our event to be handed over to Trisha. We were a little bit nervous about this switch but you never would have known it happened. Anne got Trisha up to speed on every aspect of our wedding and the night was every bit the way we had dreamed. I can't recommend this hotel enough!! Amazing service through the whole planning process right up to the brunch and gift opening the next day. Tait was also extremely helpful and easy to get work with. Tallula at the front desk rescued me when the strap of my dress came loose and she sewed it back together!! This place is AMAZING in service and cleanliness. They took great care of me, my husband and our 150 guests like we were family. They even supplied us and our guest with New Year's Eve favors!

Sent on 02/20/2009

Debra · Married on 10/10/2009

Working with Ann Kenny at the Milwaukee Marriott West was the best decision I made. Ann was on top of every detail. I am a thorough person with list upon list of questions. After my meetings with Ann, it was rare to ever have a question that she hadn't already covered without me bringing it up. On the wedding day, she even noticed that I didn't have a wrap with me and it was unusually cold, so she went back to to her office to get the one she wore on her wedding day! Truly above and beyond. They were very flexible with me and let me create my own plan instead of following thier standard wedding packages. The one problem we had was that our leftover cakes were disposed of instead of boxed for us to take home the next day. This was a minor problem and probably unique since we had centerpiece cakes instead of a traditional cake. It was unfortunate, but it didn't make the rest of our wonderful day any less important. Ann knows her business and she does it well.

Sent on 02/22/2010

Kristine · Married on 09/04/2009

Working with the Marriott was a great experience. I would certainly recommend it.

Sent on 12/23/2009

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2009

The Marriott was great! I recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Sara · Married on 08/23/2008

Working with the Marriott and with Ann was a flawless and wonderful experience. I have already recommended them to several people.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Matt · Married on 10/03/2015

We used Marriott for our wedding reception venue and we happy with the results. We had Ashley as a coordinator, and she was attentive to our needs and questions. They changed the packages from the time we toured to the time we had our reception, but they were still willing to honor a package we wanted from our original tour.
    The venue was set up very nicely, and had many compliments from our guests. We liked the fact that the hall is set up in a separate area from the hotel, so we didn’t have to worry about guests walking through. During the night of the reception, the manager on duty checked with us several times to make sure things were going according to how we wanted it. Our parents told us he checked on them as well to make sure they were happy. The prices of the rooms for guests were very reasonable. Overall great!

Sent on 03/04/2016

Christina · Married on 06/20/2009

This site just provided my Reception not ceremony.

Anan · Married on 07/03/2010

We were married on a holiday weekend and their service was outstanding! Guests loved the hotel and the food is still being talked about 6 months after the wedding. Unfortunately, it was hard to get ahold of the planner during the months before the wedding. The day of the wedding everything went great!!

Sent on 01/03/2011

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

While we haven't actually gotten married yet, the Marriott Milwaukee west has been so great with our wedding planning so far! Our planner Ashley has been very helpful to make our dream wedding day a reality.

Sent on 03/08/2017

We recently had our wedding reception at this venue. The catering manager there is awesome and so amazing to work with. She was so quick to respond to emails and answer questions and make helpful suggestions. The venue is so beautiful and very grand to drive up to, especially when all lit up at night. The ballroom has beautiful chandeliers that provide romantic and elegant lighting. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Cara · Married on 06/07/2008

Having my wedding reception at Milwaukee Marriott West was one of the best things I could have done. The service was exceptional and I didn't have a worry in the world. It was such a great experience that my husand and I returned for a night stay on our one year anniversary!

Patty · Married on 02/24/2007

3.8
      3.5

Anne was fantastic and made sure that everything we wanted we got. The bar/beverage manager was terrible and rude. Try to not deal with him as much as possible. Overall the hotel was wonderful, the night of our wedding there was a huge blizzard and they offered all of our guests a special rate and a toothbrush. We loved how they took care of our guests. They also give the bride and groom an anniversary overnight. It was great!

Sent on 08/24/2008

Milwaukee Marriott West's reply:

That beverage manager is no longer with the hotel!