Marqui Artistry Reviews

51 Reviews for Marqui Artistry

Marqui Artistry 1
Marqui Artistry 2

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Marqui was wonderful to work with! Neither myself nor my bridesmaids wear make-up on a regular basis but Marqui did a fantastic job giving us all natural but special looks for my September wedding. Everyone looked (and felt!) gorgeous while looking like ourselves. She captured all our styles perfectly and was on time, professional, and easy to communicate with prior to the event. Despite some happy tears throughout the day and lots of dancing my make-up still looked great at the end of the night. I highly recommend Marqui and am so glad I had the opportunity to work with her!

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you for this great review, Chelsea! I really enjoyed meeting you, your family & friends! I am so happy I could deliver those ultra-natural looks that made everyone look and feel so good! I can't wait to see your photos! Thank you again for bringing me on board your Beauty Team ;)

candise · Married on 09/15/2018

A wedding day is easily one of the most stressful days of a person’s life. Marquis is extremely responsive, down to earth and quick to turn you into Cinderella. Thank you for making everything work for me on my wedding day, I felt beautiful and had so many compliments on my makeup. Your passion for what you do shines through.
    - Candise 9/15/2018

Marqui Artistry 3
    Marqui Artistry 4

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Hi Candise! Thank you for reviewing my services! I love that you included those sneak peek photos too. You looked so gorgeous! Best wishes!!!!

Rossana · Married on 08/18/2018

Marqui was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She's super responsive and she'll try her best to help you with whatever questions you may have. She has plenty of experience working with Asian faces like mine so I wasn't too worried thinking that my makeup would look unnatural. My makeup trial turned out well, and we were able to replicate the look on my wedding day with a few minor changes. She also did my mom and the bridesmaids' makeup and they all looked beautiful. I cried a lot during my wedding day but my makeup stayed on all day and looked amazing even until the end of the night. I highly recommend Marqui!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Rossana, thank you so much for this amazing review! It is so great to hear how well my makeup holds up to the long day and all into the night and even through all the tears! Thank you for that feedback. Your wedding photos are amazing! I can't wait to see your Chinese Tea Ceremony photos as I bet you were stunning in red! Wishing you and Stan the best!

Allie · Married on 08/04/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Marqui and her service. She is quick to responding and extremely accommodating. My trial was great and she asked how I normally do my makeup so I felt comfortable and didn't look drastically different from my norm. She did an amazing job on all my bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and my grandmas. Everyone looked beautiful. Marqui truly made my day special and made me feel like a beautiful bride. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Allie! This is so beautifully said. Thank you. It feels so good to know I helped make your day extra beautiful! I am so happy you are happy! Best wishes to you both...forever in LOVE!

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Marqui was amazing! A true magician with transformation and bringing out the beauty in everyone that sits in her chair! She was wonderful to work with from the beginning and finished strong. Each one of my bridesmaids and myself looked stunning for my wedding and I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. I highly recommend Marqui and will be using her in the future if I needy make up done for any event!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Nicole!!! I will look forward to doing your pretty ‘lil face again and again :) You are so sweet! Best wishes and happy HoneyMoon to you two!

Mikaela · Married on 07/28/2018

This was the best experience I’ve ever had! Marqui made all of my Bridesmaids, Mothers and myself look gorgeous for my wedding! I highly recommend Marqui to whoever is looking for this type of service. My experience was all around 5 star!

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Mikaela! You are so sweet! Loved working with you all! So happy I got to see you all dressed before I left...you looked phenomenal! Looking forward to seeing your photos! Best to you and your hubby!!!!

Abbie · Married on 07/21/2018

All I can say is: Thank you, Marqui. I felt so beautiful--like a goddess or a movie star. She listened well and adapted my look to my desires--we did a trial session at her studio and it was such fun doing a mini and impromptu photoshoot with her! My mother LOVED her and she did an amazing job on my mom (of course), my grandma, and all my bridesmaids. She was organized and good with her timing. We had a calm and fun morning with her on the day of the wedding, with no crazy rushing. This is especially outstanding because she lives on Whidbey and had to travel down to Ballard for the make up session. It was like having a big sister or friend with you to do your make up. She was such a lovely and warm presence to have around.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Abbie! ....a Goddess! Yes! I love it!!!! So happy I could help you feel so beautiful, you are so naturally beautiful anyway:) That was a great day. I really enjoyed working with all of you and especially happy to hear your mother and grandmother who traveled all the way from Singapore really enjoyed their experience as well! Can't wait to see your photos! Thank you again. Best Wishes!

Julia · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful flowers, horrible customer service

Such a great artist! She was so amazing with colors and payed attention to what I wanted and what would have looked good on me. Very detail ortiented and just overall amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Julia!

Polly · Married on 07/07/2018

Will definitely use again, super job !!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Polly! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. And I will look forward to the next time!!! Congratulations!

Casey · Married on 07/07/2018

She did a stunning job on all of us including our mothers! Couldn’t have asked for a better person to do the job.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Casey! Best wishes to you and your hubby!

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Marqui did amazing work! I loved my makeup as well as my bridal party’s. She was great to work with and was so helpful. I highly recommend Marqui!!

Miranda · Married on 06/23/2018

She made everyone in my bridal party and myself look absolutely amazing and beautiful! She listened to any worries that I had as the bride. She came to the venue on my wedding day and got all the makeup done in a timely manner.

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2018

After trying to practice my own make up for my wedding, I quickly realized there was no way this was going to work. I immediately googled Clinton, Wa make-up in a panic and found her website so easily. I called that moment and Marqui answered right away. On the phone she sold me instantly, I can’t even remember what she said but I knew I was going to have to make an appointment with her because I felt a trust with her that she knew what she was doing. The day of my wedding I ended up arriving early and she allowed me to come in early which was great. You can tell Marqui is incredibly experienced, she paid a lot of attention to details of shadows, making sure the right colors fit my skin color, eye color and asked how I wear my make-up day to day. This was especially important for me because I don’t wear that much make up. The results of my make-u were beyond perfect even with out a make-up trial. I have never felt so pretty in my life. I couldn’t believe I could actually look like this. Without a doubt, I highly recommend Marqui for a professional make-up session!!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah! This is awesome and I am so happy I could give you that experience. Your photos are beautiful! I wish you two the very best life of love and happiness!!!!

Kristian · Married on 05/19/2018

I had the pleasure of having Marqui do my makeup and my mother's makeup for my cousins wedding. Marqui is an absolute artist and you really feel at ease working with her. Interesting fact, my mother had not worn makeup for 30+ years, so thank you Marqui for making my mother feel beautiful and extremely happy with her look. Also, our makeup stayed on all day and looked fresh even with all the dancing we did. I highly recommend Marqui!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your mom. Thank you so much for trusting me to help make your day extra beautiful.

Anthony · Married on 09/29/2017

As a wedding photographer, I'm always looking for quality talent. Marqui is among the best! She's intentional, focused, has the best in mind for the client. She really makes you feel at home. Her many years of experience is aligned with the many reasons you'd be making the best choice. Choose Marqui and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Anthony! It is always a pleasure working with such talented photographers such as yourself who beautifully captures the ‘heart and soul’ of your subject. Looking forward to our next wedding together!

Cassandra · Married on 08/19/2017

Marqui was FANTASTIC! Her creative heart and mind were exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! She took my ideas & used the colors of the day and created the perfect smokey eye! All of my bridesmaids have different skin tones, likes/dislikes, etc. and everyone walked away thrilled with Marquis' work! She arrived promptly and managed to complete 10 faces in 6 hours! I was impressed! Her laid back mentality also helped calm my nerves which was SO appreciated on the day of! You cannot go wrong with choosing Marqui for your make up needs!

Briana · Married on 07/08/2017

Marqui was STELLAR! She was flexible and worked with me as my venue was in Enumclaw with extremely reasonable rates with incredibly professional quality. I originally thought I wanted air brush and she was more than happy to take the time to explain pro's and cons and educate me in the process. She was also willing if I didn't like the trial of non air brush to do it with air brush. I was so thrilled with the first one I didn't even thing twice about wanting airbrush!! I wanted to see how long my makeup lasted for the trial- I left it on all day (*which included a fairy ride) and wore it the entire next day to work and was getting compliments left and right. When I took it off after almost 2 full days of wearing it, it was only slightly smudged due to sleeping on it and touching my face, but still looked STELLAR! She really understands your wants and how to make you look your best! She is professional and knowledgeable in her trade to accent your best features! Day of my wedding I started PEALING! It was completely unnoticeable and I never thought twice about it. I was complimented for weeks after on my makeup. I felt simply radiant! It didn't feel cakey or thick, but natural and complimentary. You're always scared about paying so much for something unknown with weddings, and I couldn't be happier with my decision! She wanted to make sure that we were the right fit for each other considering the bride's needs first above all. I felt and looked like a princess thanks to her!

Trisha · Married on 07/01/2017

I saw Marquis portfolio and instantly fell in love with her portfolio! I reached out to her and she was very prompt in responding and friendly and I knew that I would love for her to do my Bridal Make-up and my Bridal Party. Marquis arrived right on time to start make-up and kept in touch with me before the wedding and answered any questions I had. All 5 of my Bridesmaids looked GORGEOUS AND AMAZING!! They still looked like themselves which I loved. One of my bridesmaids is African American and she was concerned about finding someone that knew how to work with colored skin and she was so happy and impressed with Marquis. I wanted bright turquoise eyeshadow which is unconventional for bridal makeup and shimmer and my makeup was Absolutely Gorgeous!! If you are looking for a fabulous person to do your make-up and your bridal party look no further because Marquis rocks! She also did my darling flower girls who were so excited to get their make-up done. Thank you for making us all look FABULOUS!!! We all loved our make-up!!

Corinne · Married on 06/24/2017

I had an extremely positive experience with both my make-up trial and the actual wedding make-up for myself (the bride), the maid-of-honor, and the mother-of-the-bride. Each of us has a completely different skin-type, tone, and personality. Marqui excels at personalizing a look for each customer. She is adamant that each client feels comfortable and authentic. She is professional, friendly, and a truly expert artist in her field. I have never felt more beautiful in my own skin--she was able to give me a natural look that lasted through the entire evening--including several hours of intense dancing and sweating. I would recommend her to anybody for any occasion.

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

I know it feels odd when someone gives 5 stars to a professional in every category, but Marqui truly deserves these ratings. I had girls in the wedding party with all kinds of skin tones and varying degrees of comfort with make-up and she NAILED it on each lady, including two moms with different looks (without any trial done before the day of). She was completely flexible and so helpful when there was a bit of "drama" (not with the makeup) on the day of. Everybody absolutely loved how their makeup turned out in front of the camera and in person, which I don't hear super often. On top of all this, I have an eyelid that is genetically lower than the other. I forgot to tell Marqui this, but she noticed and asked if I would be okay with her trying corrective makeup. She worked her artistic magic skills, and made my eyes look more symmetrical than I have ever seen them before. She even snuck over to the groom's room and covered a huge blemish on my husband's forehead and nobody even knew it was there. I would recommend Marqui to anyone without any hesitation!

Claudia · Married on 04/22/2017

Marqui was amazing! I totally left myself on her hands and I had the best make up done ever. She was very attentive, asking questions all the time about how do I wear that, how do I like that, what dress I wear , what color and she came up with the most amazing smokey eyes ever! I was SO pleased at the end! Excellent service, highly recommend her!

Oh - also after coming home( I was at a wedding out of town) she send me all the pallets colors that she used in case I'm interested in purchasing any. Amazing!

• Hilary C.

Hilary · Married on 04/22/2017

Marqui is marvelous!! I was getting married on Whidbey Island and was having a hard time finding an artist to go to the island, who also had good reviews, and who didn't charge an arm and a leg, Marquis was the woman! Not only does she live on Whidbey but she is the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I have rosacea so I wanted to make sure the artist I went with knew how to deal with my red skin, and she did. I went for my trial at her house, which was so relaxing, and was blown away at how great my makeup was!!! She was patient and honest. I had no idea what I really wanted but she knew the look I needed to feel my best. My wedding day makeup was flawless and my skin never felt better! I wish she could do my makeup everyday! She also did my MOH, MIL's and friend's makeup and they all looked spectacular. They looked like themselves but bumped up a bit with a little glamour and sparkle and they were all thrilled with their makeup as well. I've never seen them look better. Marquis has a calming energy to her and will put you at ease. Thank you Marquis for making us feel and look so amazing!

Brittni · Married on 04/15/2017

My experience with marqui was absolutely wonderful. There is less than a handful of m.u.a that can do deep/ dark complexions and she did not disappoint. She had me and my girls looking FLAWLESS. She was very perfessional and kind. She listened to everyone's request and executed them perfectly. I would definitely recommend her to anyone because she can literally do it all.

Terra · Married on 02/18/2017

Marqui was amazing! We had a 12pm first look so we needed to get ready super early. She got on the first Whidbey Island fairy at 5:00am for us and met us at the hotel. She was even willing to come to the venue also if she wasn't able to finish us 6 girls. She ended up finishing all 6 and looking perfect. I got SO many compliments at the wedding. ALL day till it was 12am my makeup didnt smudge or get that "greasey" caked on feeling AT ALL. I highly reccomend her services. She even matched a previous makeup artist I originally was going to use but chose her instead. She made it totally stress free when it came to make up. Thank you again!