43 Reviews for MARQUI ARTISTRY

Contour Makeup (4)
Consultations (3)
Group Discounts (2)
42 MARQUI ARTISTRY Reviews

Marqui was amazing! A true magician with transformation and bringing out the beauty in everyone that sits in her chair! She was wonderful to work with from the beginning and finished strong. Each one of my bridesmaids and myself looked stunning for my wedding and I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. I highly recommend Marqui and will be using her in the future if I needy make up done for any event!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

All I can say is: Thank you, Marqui. I felt so beautiful--like a goddess or a movie star. She listened well and adapted my look to my desires--we did a trial session at her studio and it was such fun doing a mini and impromptu photoshoot with her! My mother LOVED her and she did an amazing job on my mom (of course), my grandma, and all my bridesmaids. She was organized and good with her timing. We had a calm and fun morning with her on the day of the wedding, with no crazy rushing. This is especially outstanding because she lives on Whidbey and had to travel down to Ballard for the make up session. It was like having a big sister or friend with you to do your make up. She was such a lovely and warm presence to have around.

Profile Picture Abbie, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Such a great artist! She was so amazing with colors and payed attention to what I wanted and what would have looked good on me. Very detail ortiented and just overall amazing!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Will definitely use again, super job !!

Profile Picture Polly, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She did a stunning job on all of us including our mothers! Couldn’t have asked for a better person to do the job.

Profile Picture Casey, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

She made everyone in my bridal party and myself look absolutely amazing and beautiful! She listened to any worries that I had as the bride. She came to the venue on my wedding day and got all the makeup done in a timely manner.

Profile Picture Miranda, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

After trying to practice my own make up for my wedding, I quickly realized there was no way this was going to work. I immediately googled Clinton, Wa make-up in a panic and found her website so easily. I called that moment and Marqui answered right away. On the phone she sold me instantly, I can’t even remember what she said but I knew I was going to have to make an appointment with her because I felt a trust with her that she knew what she was doing. The day of my wedding I ended up arriving early and she allowed me to come in early which was great. You can tell Marqui is incredibly experienced, she paid a lot of attention to details of shadows, making sure the right colors fit my skin color, eye color and asked how I wear my make-up day to day. This was especially important for me because I don’t wear that much make up. The results of my make-u were beyond perfect even with out a make-up trial. I have never felt so pretty in my life. I couldn’t believe I could actually look like this. Without a doubt, I highly recommend Marqui for a professional make-up session!!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of having Marqui do my makeup and my mother's makeup for my cousins wedding. Marqui is an absolute artist and you really feel at ease working with her. Interesting fact, my mother had not worn makeup for 30+ years, so thank you Marqui for making my mother feel beautiful and extremely happy with her look. Also, our makeup stayed on all day and looked fresh even with all the dancing we did. I highly recommend Marqui!

Profile Picture Kristian, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui was FANTASTIC! Her creative heart and mind were exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! She took my ideas & used the colors of the day and created the perfect smokey eye! All of my bridesmaids have different skin tones, likes/dislikes, etc. and everyone walked away thrilled with Marquis' work! She arrived promptly and managed to complete 10 faces in 6 hours! I was impressed! Her laid back mentality also helped calm my nerves which was SO appreciated on the day of! You cannot go wrong with choosing Marqui for your make up needs!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Marqui was STELLAR! She was flexible and worked with me as my venue was in Enumclaw with extremely reasonable rates with incredibly professional quality. I originally thought I wanted air brush and she was more than happy to take the time to explain pro's and cons and educate me in the process. She was also willing if I didn't like the trial of non air brush to do it with air brush. I was so thrilled with the first one I didn't even thing twice about wanting airbrush!! I wanted to see how long my makeup lasted for the trial- I left it on all day (*which included a fairy ride) and wore it the entire next day to work and was getting compliments left and right. When I took it off after almost 2 full days of wearing it, it was only slightly smudged due to sleeping on it and touching my face, but still looked STELLAR! She really understands your wants and how to make you look your best! She is professional and knowledgeable in her trade to accent your best features! Day of my wedding I started PEALING! It was completely unnoticeable and I never thought twice about it. I was complimented for weeks after on my makeup. I felt simply radiant! It didn't feel cakey or thick, but natural and complimentary. You're always scared about paying so much for something unknown with weddings, and I couldn't be happier with my decision! She wanted to make sure that we were the right fit for each other considering the bride's needs first above all. I felt and looked like a princess thanks to her!

Profile Picture Briana, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I saw Marquis portfolio and instantly fell in love with her portfolio! I reached out to her and she was very prompt in responding and friendly and I knew that I would love for her to do my Bridal Make-up and my Bridal Party. Marquis arrived right on time to start make-up and kept in touch with me before the wedding and answered any questions I had. All 5 of my Bridesmaids looked GORGEOUS AND AMAZING!! They still looked like themselves which I loved. One of my bridesmaids is African American and she was concerned about finding someone that knew how to work with colored skin and she was so happy and impressed with Marquis. I wanted bright turquoise eyeshadow which is unconventional for bridal makeup and shimmer and my makeup was Absolutely Gorgeous!! If you are looking for a fabulous person to do your make-up and your bridal party look no further because Marquis rocks! She also did my darling flower girls who were so excited to get their make-up done. Thank you for making us all look FABULOUS!!! We all loved our make-up!!

Profile Picture User7178526, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Makeup

I had an extremely positive experience with both my make-up trial and the actual wedding make-up for myself (the bride), the maid-of-honor, and the mother-of-the-bride. Each of us has a completely different skin-type, tone, and personality. Marqui excels at personalizing a look for each customer. She is adamant that each client feels comfortable and authentic. She is professional, friendly, and a truly expert artist in her field. I have never felt more beautiful in my own skin--she was able to give me a natural look that lasted through the entire evening--including several hours of intense dancing and sweating. I would recommend her to anybody for any occasion.

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Discounts, Group Services, Makeup

I know it feels odd when someone gives 5 stars to a professional in every category, but Marqui truly deserves these ratings. I had girls in the wedding party with all kinds of skin tones and varying degrees of comfort with make-up and she NAILED it on each lady, including two moms with different looks (without any trial done before the day of). She was completely flexible and so helpful when there was a bit of "drama" (not with the makeup) on the day of. Everybody absolutely loved how their makeup turned out in front of the camera and in person, which I don't hear super often. On top of all this, I have an eyelid that is genetically lower than the other. I forgot to tell Marqui this, but she noticed and asked if I would be okay with her trying corrective makeup. She worked her artistic magic skills, and made my eyes look more symmetrical than I have ever seen them before. She even snuck over to the groom's room and covered a huge blemish on my husband's forehead and nobody even knew it was there. I would recommend Marqui to anyone without any hesitation!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui was amazing! I totally left myself on her hands and I had the best make up done ever. She was very attentive, asking questions all the time about how do I wear that, how do I like that, what dress I wear , what color and she came up with the most amazing smokey eyes ever! I was SO pleased at the end! Excellent service, highly recommend her!

Oh - also after coming home( I was at a wedding out of town) she send me all the pallets colors that she used in case I'm interested in purchasing any. Amazing!

Profile Picture Claudia, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui is marvelous!! I was getting married on Whidbey Island and was having a hard time finding an artist to go to the island, who also had good reviews, and who didn't charge an arm and a leg, Marquis was the woman! Not only does she live on Whidbey but she is the most talented artist I've ever met. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I have rosacea so I wanted to make sure the artist I went with knew how to deal with my red skin, and she did. I went for my trial at her house, which was so relaxing, and was blown away at how great my makeup was!!! She was patient and honest. I had no idea what I really wanted but she knew the look I needed to feel my best. My wedding day makeup was flawless and my skin never felt better! I wish she could do my makeup everyday! She also did my MOH, MIL's and friend's makeup and they all looked spectacular. They looked like themselves but bumped up a bit with a little glamour and sparkle and they were all thrilled with their makeup as well. I've never seen them look better. Marquis has a calming energy to her and will put you at ease. Thank you Marquis for making us feel and look so amazing!

Profile Picture Hilary , 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Discounts, Group Services, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

My experience with marqui was absolutely wonderful. There is less than a handful of m.u.a that can do deep/ dark complexions and she did not disappoint. She had me and my girls looking FLAWLESS. She was very perfessional and kind. She listened to everyone's request and executed them perfectly. I would definitely recommend her to anyone because she can literally do it all.

Profile Picture Brittni, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui was amazing! We had a 12pm first look so we needed to get ready super early. She got on the first Whidbey Island fairy at 5:00am for us and met us at the hotel. She was even willing to come to the venue also if she wasn't able to finish us 6 girls. She ended up finishing all 6 and looking perfect. I got SO many compliments at the wedding. ALL day till it was 12am my makeup didnt smudge or get that "greasey" caked on feeling AT ALL. I highly reccomend her services. She even matched a previous makeup artist I originally was going to use but chose her instead. She made it totally stress free when it came to make up. Thank you again!

Profile Picture Terra, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had such a wonderful experience with Marqui Artistry. I found her online on Yelp and reached out to her. She was so responsive and friendly, I instantly knew it would be a great fit. We did a trial run and I was blown away at her skills. When I sent the photos to my bridesmaids, they all asked if she would be doing their makeup too, because they were so excited about it. She was so great at communication in advance of the wedding, was so flexible and friendly and easy going about our getting-ready location. She was punctual and so incredibly easy to work with. During makeup application, she really helped everyone feel comfortable and listened to their likes and dislikes, and really tailored each individual's makeup to their personal style, while keeping the overall effect in mind. Everyone's makeup looked so natural, not overdone, and showed up so beautifully in photos. It also lasted so well all day! Thank you for making our day so perfect!!

Profile Picture Vivi, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui is absolutely wonderful. We felt comfortable with her from the very beginning. She was responsive, professional and absolutely on point. We had a large wedding party and were turned down by a few different salons and makeup artists. They didn't think they would be able to do it all that day. We felt nervous about finding somebody. Marqui called us back and had no problem with coming out to the house and doing everyone's make up that day. She was confident that she could help us and her prices are so affordable. We had a great conversation with her on the phone. She was so excited to be a part of our wedding. It felt like talking to a friend. She asked all the right questions and really worked with us to understand exactly what we wanted. We went out to her house and she did a test run. She listened to us. She was honest. She was comfortable. She showed up to the house promptly the day off the wedding and worked straight through the day. Everyone looked perfect and they were so happy with the experience. The makeup looked great in person and in photos. We were all so impressed. Marqui is a superstar. We couldn't have done this without her!

Profile Picture Leighan, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had originally hired a Seattle based makeup artist to do both my bridal makeup as well as my 5 bridesmaids for my Whidbey Island wedding. However, the two girls she normally hires were already booked for my wedding day, leaving me to find another makeup artist of similar quality to do my bridesmaids. Luckily I found Marqui! She was friendly, professional, and had great communication up until the wedding day. Marqui did a wonderful job on each of my bridesmaids and even did a last minute touch up job on my mom. My bridal party is very diverse and Marqui did a fantastic job selecting colors that not only looked amazing on each of their different skin tones, but also took the color of their dresses into consideration. She was very thoughtful in bringing out the best of their features, while still achieving a cohesive look all around. My girls looked gorgeous and it translated so well into print (my wedding photos are proof)! Thank you, Marqui for being a dream to work with! My bridesmaids looked flawless! :)

Profile Picture Kelli, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have had two experiences with Marqui and both have been phenomenal! My first experience with her, I was the bride, the second experience my mom was the bride. She was early, stayed on time, made us all feel special, chatted with us as we were having our makeup done... All in all made it such a fun experience! The makeup was beautiful and totally perfect, I usually wear very little makeup and she didn't make me feel like I had it caked on. She picked colors that went well with my skin tone, and made all of us look amazing in pictures!!! I wish she could come and do my makeup every day!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui Artistry is one of the best makeup artists I have ever encountered. First of all, I love her personality. She has a way of making you feel very special. She is extremely attentive to your every need. I was already nervous about the days events unfolding perfectly and she was like balm to my soul. She reassured me and reminded me that everything was going to go as planned and on time. She is bright, light and fun to be around. Her touch was gentle and professional. She is like an artist who's canvas is the human face. She uses exceptional products that held up under the most joyful tearful day of my life. I felt beautiful, confident and picture perfect when she was done with me. You can find girls who do makeup or you can call Marqui and have an artist!
Thank you Marqui! You Rock! Love you! Dianne

Profile Picture Dianne, 6/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marqui did an amazing job with my makeup, as well as the makeup of the 6 ladies in my bridal party and my cousin on my wedding day! I hired her based on word-of-mouth and a couple email exchanges, and I couldn't have been happier with that decision. I spoke with her on the phone and let her know a bit about me and my desire for a relatively natural look. She was a joy to talk with, and I felt comfortable after that conversation to forego a trial.

She was super flexible when some family members backed out of their makeup at the last minute and when we asked to add my cousin on the day of the wedding. She worked with me to pull fluff out of the wedding day schedule so that we didn't have to get a super early start. She was direct about the realities of pulling that fluff out to set my expectations, but on the day of the wedding, she nailed the schedule, plus squeezed in one extra that hadn't been planned for.

Everyone looked gorgeous, while still looking very much like themselves. She held true to leaning on the natural side, and all of us were super happy! I enthusiastically recommend her for anyone's professional makeup needs!

Thank you Marqui for helping me get ready for my PERFECT day!!

Profile Picture Kim, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Group Services, Makeup

Weddings are stressful as everyone knows and having the right makeup artist is crucial. My daughter tried 2 other makeup artists and was so dissatisfied with what they had to offer. One glued a full set of eye lashes on her and used Maybelline mascara. Uh...not going to cut it with today's brides. We were then given Marqui's name and information from our hairdresser. She told us that Marqui was the absolute best, but had moved from our area. Marqui was willing to travel at the time of my daughter's wedding. Thankfully she still has family in the area and arranged for a visit. Marqui knows her products and was so friendly yet professional. My daughter looked absolutely gorgeous! The bridesmaids also looked so beautiful. I even had Marqui do my makeup. I have to say that I had never felt more beautiful in my life. Thank you, Marqui! You are the best ??

Profile Picture Tami, 4/8/16, 2 Reviews