Marqui Artistry Reviews

Marqui Artistry 7
  • F

Fallon · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Makeup Artist!

Marqui was outstanding to work with! I had a slight wedding nightmare where I had to cancel my makeup artist I had for months two weeks before my wedding but no fear Marqui was there! She responded to me immediately via email and followed up with a phone call. I was able to book her basically within 48 hours. She did a fabulous job at hearing what my bridesmaids, mother, and aunt were looking for and then recreating in her own way! She ended up doing makeup for 6 people and completed everyone on time as well!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Mik Kuhlman · Married on 07/13/2019

Very professional, very personal, highly recommended

As an officiant, I highly recommend Marqui Artistry. She gave me a perfect, polished, understated and lovely look for an outdoor wedding with 150 guests and finessed an exquisite look for our lovely bride, capturing her spirit beautifully. She was relaxed and fun to be in a room with which added to our pre-ceremony preparation.

As an officiant, I often do my own make-up. But on the spur of the moment, I decided to use their service. They were adaptable and willing to add me in. I am so glad I did! Her partner in crime, Davethehair, was equally impressive with how he captured the spirit of the bride's dress and my own, providing perfect do's to us both. Marqui Artistry has a lovely, individualized approach. She kept the bride laughing and light hearted, provided an efficient, friendly, professional service and made an officiant never pass up adding herself to a make-up and hair package for any future weddings! Hire this one! You'll be glad you did.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Gosh Mik, thank YOU! It was such a pleasure to meet you and I absolutely treasure these words! Thank you for articulating ‘The Experience’ so beautifully! Jon’s wedding was so incredibly cool and I left with such creative inspiration! Thank you for joining in the Beauty fun! Hope to
    cross paths again soon!
  • Abby

Abby Rice · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful!

On the day of my wedding in Whidbey Island, Marqui came to the house we were staying at to do my makeup, my bridesmaids, and my mother in law. She was extremely pleasant and did exactly what we all had asked for. I absolutely loved the elegant yet simple look she gave me for my wedding day and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to have their makeup done!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Kathy

kathy · Married on 06/15/2019

Marqui was flexible and did a wonderful job on my wedding makeup, I was told over and over again how beautiful I looked.

As an older bride I was not certain about how any makeup would actually work to enhance my looks for the wedding. Marqui did a wonderful job balancing my need to look natural with the benefit of makeup. I would enthusiastically recommend her.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Gail

Gail Harris · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding Make-up

Marqui was so great to work with. She did my make up for my engagement photos so it was really nice to get to know each other before my wedding. She did many of my bridesmaids make up and my mom/mother-in-law's. She really got to know them as she was doing their make up and everyone looked amazing. My dress was pretty simple and so we did more bold make up and I have to say, it looked amazing in photos. Also, it definitely lasted all day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Kimberly Benedict · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding Make-Up

Marqui did an amazing job, not only on my make up, but my bridal party and mom as well. During my trial appointment, we played around with a few different ideas that we weren't how it would look and she was not offended by any means if I told her I didn't like something. On the day of my wedding, she was very prompt and arrived early ready to go. She made sure she had enough time to get through everyone without feeling rushed. We made a few minor changes to my make up on the day of the wedding to give my eyes some added pop and she did such an amazing job accommodating my needs and everyone else's. I would definitely recommend Marqui to anyone looking for make up and she will be the first person to call if I need make up done again :)

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Marqui Artistry 12
    Marqui Artistry 13

Megan Russell · Married on 04/20/2019

Beautiful makeup!

Marqui was such a joy to work with for my wedding! She made me feel absolutely beautiful! I’m not used to wearing makeup but she gave me a look that felt natural but also special for such a big day! Marqui was so calm and fun to be around, which is great when you are feeling nervous. I would highly recommend her for all your makeup need!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Megan! You are so sweet. I really enjoyed all the great energy buzzing around your wedding day morning. You and your groom look so darling in your photos! I wish you two all the very best life has to offer 💕! Thank you again. Ps- don’t forget I am here for you if you ever need a makeup artist! I’ll take good care of ya😉!

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Marqui was wonderful to work with! Neither myself nor my bridesmaids wear make-up on a regular basis but Marqui did a fantastic job giving us all natural but special looks for my September wedding. Everyone looked (and felt!) gorgeous while looking like ourselves. She captured all our styles perfectly and was on time, professional, and easy to communicate with prior to the event. Despite some happy tears throughout the day and lots of dancing my make-up still looked great at the end of the night. I highly recommend Marqui and am so glad I had the opportunity to work with her!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you for this great review, Chelsea! I really enjoyed meeting you, your family & friends! I am so happy I could deliver those ultra-natural looks that made everyone look and feel so good! I can't wait to see your photos!
    Thank you again for bringing me on board your Beauty Team ;)

candise · Married on 09/15/2018

A wedding day is easily one of the most stressful days of a person’s life. Marquis is extremely responsive, down to earth and quick to turn you into Cinderella. Thank you for making everything work for me on my wedding day, I felt beautiful and had so many compliments on my makeup. Your passion for what you do shines through.
    - Candise 9/15/2018

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Marqui Artistry 14
    Marqui Artistry 15

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Hi Candise! Thank you for reviewing my services! I love that you included those sneak peek photos too. You looked so gorgeous! Best wishes!!!!

Rossana · Married on 08/18/2018

Marqui was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She's super responsive and she'll try her best to help you with whatever questions you may have. She has plenty of experience working with Asian faces like mine so I wasn't too worried thinking that my makeup would look unnatural. My makeup trial turned out well, and we were able to replicate the look on my wedding day with a few minor changes. She also did my mom and the bridesmaids' makeup and they all looked beautiful. I cried a lot during my wedding day but my makeup stayed on all day and looked amazing even until the end of the night. I highly recommend Marqui!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Rossana, thank you so much for this amazing review! It is so great to hear how well my makeup holds up to the long day and all into the night and even through all the tears! Thank you for that feedback. Your wedding photos are amazing! I can't wait to see your Chinese Tea Ceremony photos as I bet you were stunning in red!
    Wishing you and Stan the best!

Allie · Married on 08/04/2018

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Marqui and her service. She is quick to responding and extremely accommodating. My trial was great and she asked how I normally do my makeup so I felt comfortable and didn't look drastically different from my norm. She did an amazing job on all my bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and my grandmas. Everyone looked beautiful. Marqui truly made my day special and made me feel like a beautiful bride. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Allie! This is so beautifully said. Thank you. It feels so good to know I helped make your day extra beautiful! I am so happy you are happy! Best wishes to you both...forever in LOVE!

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Marqui was amazing! A true magician with transformation and bringing out the beauty in everyone that sits in her chair! She was wonderful to work with from the beginning and finished strong. Each one of my bridesmaids and myself looked stunning for my wedding and I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. I highly recommend Marqui and will be using her in the future if I needy make up done for any event!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Nicole!!! I will look forward to doing your pretty ‘lil face again and again :) You are so sweet! Best wishes and happy HoneyMoon to you two!

Mikaela · Married on 07/28/2018

This was the best experience I’ve ever had! Marqui made all of my Bridesmaids, Mothers and myself look gorgeous for my wedding! I highly recommend Marqui to whoever is looking for this type of service. My experience was all around 5 star!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Mikaela! You are so sweet! Loved working with you all! So happy I got to see you all dressed before I left...you looked phenomenal! Looking forward to seeing your photos! Best to you and your hubby!!!!

Abbie · Married on 07/21/2018

All I can say is: Thank you, Marqui. I felt so beautiful--like a goddess or a movie star. She listened well and adapted my look to my desires--we did a trial session at her studio and it was such fun doing a mini and impromptu photoshoot with her! My mother LOVED her and she did an amazing job on my mom (of course), my grandma, and all my bridesmaids. She was organized and good with her timing. We had a calm and fun morning with her on the day of the wedding, with no crazy rushing. This is especially outstanding because she lives on Whidbey and had to travel down to Ballard for the make up session. It was like having a big sister or friend with you to do your make up. She was such a lovely and warm presence to have around.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Abbie! ....a Goddess! Yes! I love it!!!! So happy I could help you feel so beautiful, you are so naturally beautiful anyway:)
    That was a great day. I really enjoyed working with all of you and especially happy to hear your mother and grandmother who traveled all the way from Singapore really enjoyed their experience as well! Can't wait to see your photos!
    Thank you again.
    Best Wishes!

Julia · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful flowers, horrible customer service

Such a great artist! She was so amazing with colors and payed attention to what I wanted and what would have looked good on me. Very detail ortiented and just overall amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Julia!

Polly · Married on 07/07/2018

Will definitely use again, super job !!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Polly! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. And I will look forward to the next time!!! Congratulations!

Casey · Married on 07/07/2018

She did a stunning job on all of us including our mothers! Couldn’t have asked for a better person to do the job.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Casey! Best wishes to you and your hubby!

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Marqui did amazing work! I loved my makeup as well as my bridal party’s. She was great to work with and was so helpful. I highly recommend Marqui!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Miranda · Married on 06/23/2018

She made everyone in my bridal party and myself look absolutely amazing and beautiful! She listened to any worries that I had as the bride. She came to the venue on my wedding day and got all the makeup done in a timely manner.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2018

After trying to practice my own make up for my wedding, I quickly realized there was no way this was going to work. I immediately googled Clinton, Wa make-up in a panic and found her website so easily. I called that moment and Marqui answered right away. On the phone she sold me instantly, I can’t even remember what she said but I knew I was going to have to make an appointment with her because I felt a trust with her that she knew what she was doing. The day of my wedding I ended up arriving early and she allowed me to come in early which was great. You can tell Marqui is incredibly experienced, she paid a lot of attention to details of shadows, making sure the right colors fit my skin color, eye color and asked how I wear my make-up day to day. This was especially important for me because I don’t wear that much make up. The results of my make-u were beyond perfect even with out a make-up trial. I have never felt so pretty in my life. I couldn’t believe I could actually look like this. Without a doubt, I highly recommend Marqui for a professional make-up session!!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah! This is awesome and I am so happy I could give you that experience. Your photos are beautiful! I wish you two the very best life of love and happiness!!!!

Kristian · Married on 05/19/2018

I had the pleasure of having Marqui do my makeup and my mother's makeup for my cousins wedding. Marqui is an absolute artist and you really feel at ease working with her. Interesting fact, my mother had not worn makeup for 30+ years, so thank you Marqui for making my mother feel beautiful and extremely happy with her look. Also, our makeup stayed on all day and looked fresh even with all the dancing we did. I highly recommend Marqui!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your mom. Thank you so much for trusting me to help make your day extra beautiful.

Anthony · Married on 09/29/2017

As a wedding photographer, I'm always looking for quality talent. Marqui is among the best! She's intentional, focused, has the best in mind for the client. She really makes you feel at home. Her many years of experience is aligned with the many reasons you'd be making the best choice. Choose Marqui and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Marqui Artistry's reply:

Thank you Anthony! It is always a pleasure working with such talented photographers such as yourself who beautifully captures the ‘heart and soul’ of your subject. Looking forward to our next wedding together!

Cassandra · Married on 08/19/2017

Marqui was FANTASTIC! Her creative heart and mind were exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! She took my ideas & used the colors of the day and created the perfect smokey eye! All of my bridesmaids have different skin tones, likes/dislikes, etc. and everyone walked away thrilled with Marquis' work! She arrived promptly and managed to complete 10 faces in 6 hours! I was impressed! Her laid back mentality also helped calm my nerves which was SO appreciated on the day of! You cannot go wrong with choosing Marqui for your make up needs!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Briana · Married on 07/08/2017

Marqui was STELLAR! She was flexible and worked with me as my venue was in Enumclaw with extremely reasonable rates with incredibly professional quality. I originally thought I wanted air brush and she was more than happy to take the time to explain pro's and cons and educate me in the process. She was also willing if I didn't like the trial of non air brush to do it with air brush. I was so thrilled with the first one I didn't even thing twice about wanting airbrush!! I wanted to see how long my makeup lasted for the trial- I left it on all day (*which included a fairy ride) and wore it the entire next day to work and was getting compliments left and right. When I took it off after almost 2 full days of wearing it, it was only slightly smudged due to sleeping on it and touching my face, but still looked STELLAR! She really understands your wants and how to make you look your best! She is professional and knowledgeable in her trade to accent your best features! Day of my wedding I started PEALING! It was completely unnoticeable and I never thought twice about it. I was complimented for weeks after on my makeup. I felt simply radiant! It didn't feel cakey or thick, but natural and complimentary. You're always scared about paying so much for something unknown with weddings, and I couldn't be happier with my decision! She wanted to make sure that we were the right fit for each other considering the bride's needs first above all. I felt and looked like a princess thanks to her!

Sent on 09/28/2017