Maris Malone Calderon Makeup Artistry Reviews

57 | Austin, TX

57 Reviews for Maris Malone Calderon Makeup Artistry

Mackenzie · Married on 07/15/2017

Maris is an amazing and perfect make up stylist! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone for any event. After my make up trial with Maris last September, I hate to admit I wore my make up the entire weekend because I loved it so much. Her timeline the day was the wedding was perfect. We were never in a rush and even found ourselves relaxing during the process. Her make up is light and comfortable. You can't even feel her make up on but look flawless! My bridesmaids and I all felt pretty. Her make up was flawless. Our favorite part was her eyelash application. Normally eyelashes are scratchy and poke into the sides your eyes. Maris's eyelashes we couldn't even feel! She is the most talented and professional make up artist I have worked with. I am so thankful I could book her for the most important day of my life.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2017

Do you want flawless makeup that stays, still looks like you, and makes you look like the most beautiful version of yourself? Look no further than Maris at Pearl Beauty!!! I have been a bridesmaid in A LOT of weddings. A lot. And I've never been in one where every single girl LOVES their makeup. It's always too cakey, too "not me", too much. Every single one of my bridesmaids loved their look and felt so comfortable in their skin. I felt like a freaking rockstar all night, but most importantly I felt like myself. Maris is so lovely to be around and she is hands down the best makeup artist I've ever used. Just book her already!!

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 03/18/2017

Working with Maris for my wedding was a dream! She did both my engagement shoot and wedding reception, and both looks were fabulous. I went in with an idea, not really having much to go on and her creative side kicked in and it was spectacular. My friends and family had a ton of compliments, but most importantly the look held up after a full night of dancing.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Margaret · Married on 10/23/2015

I loved Maris. She saved me when my other makeup artist fell through 1 week before my wedding. We did a trial run so I could see how I liked my makeup, and then on the day of the wedding she worked with me to get it exactly how I wanted it, which is what you want on your wedding day. A little more wing on the eyeliner? No problem. More terra cotta in the lipstick? Done. She was on time, and ready to go, which was great because we had a tight schedule and I was running late. Plus she's a pleasant person to be around. Top notch service!!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Lena · Married on 10/18/2015

I'm so glad that I choose Maris as my wedding makeup artist. I didn't have a bridal party, but she also did the makeup for my mother, future MIL & SIL. She is lovely, professional, and a true artist. She made all of us look the best that we ever have without making us look like different people. She has a great taste level and is able to say if she believes something will work for you or if it won't, she is also more than willing to try different looks on you to make sure that you are happy. She works very quickly but the quality of the makeup is not compromised, she is just that good. The airbrush makeup was flawless, the way it should be and stayed on from 11 am till well into the wee hours of the next day. I really loved the false lashes that she applies because instead of using a strip, they're all individual lashes which are so much comfortable and look so lush and full.

Sent on 01/12/2016

renee · Married on 09/26/2015

Maris was everything I wanted in a makeup artist. Fun, laid-back, and super talented! She really listened through consultations with myself and the 5 other ladies in my wedding. If you showed her a pic, she could translate it for you. She was great to be around the morning of when hair and make-up was being done, and she was exceptional at her job. Every lady looked so gorgeous and I got tons of compliments on my makeup. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist, and I would book with her again in the future.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

Maris is amazing!! I can't tell you how many times, my bridesmaids have gushed about how beautiful they felt on my wedding day. Maris really listened to what I wanted for my wedding day makeup. We looked at pictures together of different types of makeup and discussed what I did or did not like about them so that she could really understand my style. This was especially helpful for me because I don't wear a lot of makeup normally, so I didn't know how best to describe what I wanted my makeup to look like on my wedding day. She uses airbush foundation, which is awesome -- it gives you the look of flawless skin and stays put all day. I am so very thankful Maris was my wedding day makeup artist!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Amy · Married on 05/30/2015

Maris did makeup for my mother, two friends and myself and all of us looked stunning! She was a pleasure to work with and have around as we got ready as she is very professional and calm, something appreciated on a stressful day. My makeup help up beautifully and after crying and sweating (from dancing) my makeup still looked impeccable by the end of the night- I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend Maris and would work with her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Kelly · Married on 02/07/2015

Maris did makeup for myself and 6 of my bridesmaids. From the moment I started emailing Maris to discuss using her as a vendor until the last makeup application was completed, she was incredibly responsive, friendly, and professional. Maris was prompt and arrived 10 min or so prior to the start time to get set up. She is SO laid back and easy to talk-which is important when you have an hour to sit and talk to someone! I recommend doing a trial application so you can have an idea of what you do and don't like for the big day. I loved my trial application, but decided to change it up a little on the day of and Maris happily obliged. I have never felt prettier-everything about the makeup application was perfect. My makeup was applied at 11 am and lasted until the wee hours of the morning as we stayed out until 3 am dancing the night away. All of my bridesmaids also agreed that they couldn't have been happier with the final product and wanted to know how I found such a great MUA! While Maris's pricing is on the higher side in comparison to some other MUA, she is well worth it and more. You will not be disappointed with your decision to use her as your MUA-she's the best!!!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Jenna · Married on 10/12/2014

Maris did a wonderful job doing makeup for me and six members of the wedding party. Before the wedding day, I met her for a trial, where she first talked through with me the look that I was going for. I wanted a fresh, natural look, and the makeup she applied at the trial definitely reflected that vision. She always offered to make changes if I didn't like anything, but I didn't even need to.

On the wedding day, Maris began makeup on my bridesmaids early in the morning in the apartment where we were getting ready. She had a very calm and friendly presence, working on one person at at time in the background while we all hung out and got ready. I wasn't watching the clock, but she worked very efficiently (without rushing) and closely followed the timeline she had given me, so we were easily done by the time I had requested.

Of course, I also should mention that she did a beautiful job on all of our makeup. She was able to cater to the preferences of each of my bridesmaids, and I know they were all very pleased with the results (as was I!). My makeup was last, around 12:30, and it looked great all night. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Maris to anyone looking for a talented and easygoing makeup artist on their wedding day.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Maris and her assistant did an absolutely beautiful job. I worked with her on a boudoir shoot several months before and was so impressed that I knew instantly I wanted her to do my wedding day make up, as well as my wedding party's . The make up looked absolutely stunning and I would not hesitate to hire her again.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jenna · Married on 06/21/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Maris! She made my bridesmaids, mother-in-law, mother, and me feel and look so beautiful! She has a very soft touch and is just fun to be around, so the whole process was pleasant amid the chaos of the wedding day. We couldn't stop talking about what an amazing job she did and the makeup looked flawless throughout the entire hot & humid day.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Candace · Married on 04/04/2014

I LOVE Maris! She did an AMAZING job on my makeup and was so sweet and personable. I just loved sitting with her and chatting while she did my makeup. My makeup was just as I wanted, natural (not caked on) with a more dramatic eye. My sisters (bridesmaid) all felt the same way. Go with Maris! You won't regret it.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/02/2014

Maris is a godsend.

Put money into your glam squad ladies, and Maris was worth every penny. I was the uber type A bride with a million questions and I appreciated her responsiveness, professionalism and creative insight. I went into my trial with an idea of what I thought I liked, but Maris provided some professional makeup advice that I didn't really consider and that really stood out to me.

She's very calm and laid back, which is nice when you've got 6 people running around getting hair and makeup done in a hotel room. She also provided some helpful suggestions for hairstylists and I definitely see the value in the synergy between your hair and makeup artist. I highly, highly recommend Maris for your makeup!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/22/2014

Maris did such a great job on my wedding crew! She was so easy to work with. My make up stayed on from 11am-11pm and looked the same all day! I would recommend Maris to any bride to be in the Austin area.

Sent on 03/02/2014

I hired Maris to do my makeup and my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding and was thrilled with the result! I only had my trial run the day prior (so I had fabulous makeup for the rehearsal!) and I felt 100% confident in her hands the day of. She did not disappoint! My bridesmaids looked beautiful and loved her as well. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and am so glad I hired her!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Tara · Married on 02/08/2014

Maris is amazing! I first met her at my brother's wedding when she did my makeup as a bridesmaid. I was so impressed that I contacted her immediately about our wedding. I already knew her talent. She responded quickly and enthusiastically throughout the engagement. That was very important since I no longer lived in Austin and was planning wedding from 2 hours away.

Since everybody (mothers, grandmothers, and of course bridesmaids) wanted their's professionally done as well, Maris worked with us on the price and the timing. I must say that the day of the wedding was crazy since she and her assistant were in my hotel suite with about 20 other people while she was working. It didn't faze her a bit! And the results were amazing!! She made me feel beautiful, which is all a bride can hope for, as well as garner compliments throughout the day. I highly recommend her for her skill, her manner, her professionalism, and her patience.

Sent on 02/17/2014
  • CarolinaX

Carolina · Married on 12/31/2013

In Maris' magical hands, I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world on my wedding day. Her work is flawless. She was really easy to work with and you could tell she loved what she did. All of my girls looked gorgeous as well. I just received all my wedding photography back and it was wonderful to see we all looked just as great at the beginning of the day as we did at the end after an epic party. Totally worth the money!

Sent on 03/09/2014

kim · Married on 10/27/2013

The BEST makeup artist I have encountered, She is fantastic!!! My makeup was on in a timely manner and stayed on all night. I sweated on the dance floor and still looked good :) She is open to what you may want as a "look" and if you don't know she will help. Also one of the coolest and nicest girls I have ever met. Talking to her is fun in itself. Please pick Maris and you won't be sorry you will look like a princess all night long.

Thank you Maris, you rock at what you do!!!!

KIM & VERN JACKSON

10/27/13

Sent on 11/02/2013

Cioffi · Married on 10/12/2013

Maris was amazing!!!!!!!!!! I cant even begin to say how perfect all the makeup was. She is an artist and she is great to talk to. I loved working with her and will totally use her again in the future. You cant go wrong with Maris, she will make you a movie star!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/04/2013

Maris is a true artist. She did the bridal party makeup on my wedding day and I've never felt so beautiful! She was patient enough to airbrush my 19 month old ring bearer with a bruise on his forehead, he looked adorable and the bruise disappeared! Thank you Maris, you are amazing!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2013

Maris was the absolute best to work with! She was very patient with me and my five bridesmaids, and made us all feel comfortable with what she was doing. She listened to what we wanted and made EVERYONE look fabulous. I can't get over how gorgeous everyone looked in the pictures! She is a true professional with lots of talent, and definitely worth the money!!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Stephanie · Married on 12/15/2012

I loved the way Maris did my makeup for my wedding. She is very flexible and will travel to do makeup on site.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Kendall · Married on 11/10/2012

Maris was honestly the best make-up artist and made me look absolutely amazing on my big day! My husband doesn't like a ton of make-up and Maris knew it was important to me to look natural yet glamorous... she made my make-up look flawless and effortless. I really loved the way it turned out and I felt so beautiful! She also did my bridesmaids make-up and my mother and mother in law's make-up, they all looked amazing! Everyone looked so glamorous. I loved Maris's personality; she was so calming, especially when I started to get super nervous for the big walk down the aisle. She kept me relaxed and her sweet demeanor made it easy to talk to her. I loved working with her! She is a must have for your wedding day team!

Sent on 01/27/2013

Maris was booked on my wedding day but I was able to work with her for my engagement pictures and I LOVED my makeup. My skin looks flawless in the photos and she uses the most wonderful products that don't feel too heavy or oily. We spent a few hours outside in the 90 degree heat for the pictures and my makeup was still perfect after the shoot. I would definitely recommend Maris to any bride in the ATX area.

Sent on 05/31/2013