Mariah Green Events Reviews

Mariah Green Events 5
Mariah Green Events 6
Mariah Green Events 7

Allison · Married on 06/16/2018

We used Mariah for day of coordination for our wedding in June. From the beginning Mariah was super easy to work with – she was professional, kind and extremely good at managing her time! It was so helpful to have her available for some consulting prior to the wedding as well – she knows all there is to know about Big Sur and was able to recommend and connect us with any type of vendor that we asked for. A few weeks before the wedding, we were stressing out with all of the boxes left to check on our list. We had a call with Mariah and immediately felt better. She helped us organize our timeline, seating chart, shuttle schedule, rental order, decor… you name it. She was also amazing at our rehearsal – we were getting married in a redwood grove and Mariah helped us all to work our way around a steep slope and provided amazing suggestions and guidance for the ceremony. On the wedding day, we did not have a worry in the world because we knew we were in such good hands with Mariah. She just has this big smile and a very calming presence about her… you’ll see ☺ There was even a slight hiccup with one of our vendors on our wedding day and we had absolutely no idea that anything even happened until a week later – she quickly found a solution and spared us the drama. THAT is how good she is. Thank you so much for everything, Mariah! Truly!

reese · Married on 06/09/2018

From the moment Mariah and I had our first conversation, I knew she was a great fit for us. She truly brought our ideas to life. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator! She thought of every last detail and was so patient throughout the entire planning process. I was nervous about planning because we were getting married at a house that had never had a wedding or event this large before, but Mariah had thought of every detail and it went off without a hitch. She coordinated all our vendors, led a walkthrough the day before, and arrived early on the day of to make sure everything was set. I knew I had nothing to worry about because she had everything covered. She sent me links to some ideas for decor and provided wonderful recommendations that turned out great! I'd recommend Mariah a million times over!

Mariah Green Events 8
    Mariah Green Events 9
    Mariah Green Events 10
    Mariah Green Events 11
    Mariah Green Events 12
    Mariah Green Events 13
    Mariah Green Events 14

Alexa · Married on 05/19/2018

Hiring Mariah as our Day-Of Wedding Coordinator was hands-down the best decision we made in our wedding-planning process! She went above and beyond to help make our wedding at Loma Vista Gardens and Big Sur Bakery absolutely magical. Mariah’s calm and confident demeanor during the planning phase set us at ease and allowed us to release any stress about vendors, timeline or what needed to be done when. Leading up to the big day, Mariah made herself readily available to answer any questions, sharing great suggestions for the flow and timing of our event. At our on-site rehearsal the day before our wedding, she helped guide us through final logistics and décor details, again easing our nerves. With her guidance, we felt confident that everything would go absolutely perfectly – and it did! We couldn’t be more grateful to Mariah for her grace, professionalism and attention to detail. With Mariah’s help, our wedding was pure joy – truly the most magical and memorable moment of our lives!

Gioconda · Married on 03/31/2018

We found every minute working with Mariah Green a delight. She is professional, knowledgeable about the area and we couldn't have planned our daughter's wedding without her. This was a small family wedding, and she was happy to be of assistance. Long term planning was perfection, and last minute changes were not an issue, and all went smoothly as planned! The vendors she connected us with were all top notch and delivered as promised. You will be in good hands with Mariah Green!

Susanna · Married on 03/31/2018

I feel so grateful to have had Mariah on board planning my wedding. She is so sweet, so creative, so organized, so professional, so calm…the list goes on. She knows of all the best wedding locations, florists, make-up and hair artists, videographers, bakeries, etc. in the Big Sur area. My family and I felt so supported by her calm presence on the wedding day. Even though we had to make a last minute ceremony venue switch, Mariah was on top of it and had three amazing new venues for us to choose from! The day ran so smoothly and I know it is because of Mariah’s amazing work. As cheesy at is sound, I literally ended with the wedding of my dreams. I would highly recommend hiring Mariah to plan your special event, you will surely not be disappointed!

Mariah Green Events 15
    Mariah Green Events 21
    Mariah Green Events 22
    Mariah Green Events 23

Karen · Married on 01/06/2018

Mariah and Danielle made our rustic, destination (Carmel Valley) wedding a day I will remember forever. Thank you both so much for making our wedding day completely stress-free and amazing in every way. You helped keep us on track from the first moment of our initial contact, straight through the wedding and reception. Your suggestions of caterer, band, baker, rentals, and officiant were all spot-on, and revealed a good intuitive sense of us as a couple - even without meeting us in person until the day before the wedding. Thank you as well for working with my remote location, and offering excellent suggestions for how to arrange the space to make the best of the quirky, historic venue. In addition, I honestly believe you controlled the weather to make the day of our January wedding sunny and beautiful in a week with 5 days of rain! Girl, you've got connections! A thousand thanks!!

Mariah Green Events 24

Kathleen · Married on 11/04/2017

Weddings are full of decisions, but choosing to work with Mariah Green was by far the best decision we made! After we found Mariah, everything seemed like a breeze! She provided invaluable support and guidance throughout the entire process - from setting us up with some amazing vendors to making sure the overall aesthetic was exactly what we wanted. Our wedding ended up just as we pictured it and we could not have been more happy with the day.

Mariah was also a pleasure to work with. She is incredibly kind, warm and helpful. On top of that, she is super organized and a great communicator. We always knew we were in good hands - even when it almost rained on our wedding day! Mariah really put the extra effort in for us to make sure that everything would still work out and be beautiful at the same time. Luckily, it didn't end up raining, but we knew that Mariah was on top of it and that in itself was such a relief.

Our wedding day ended up going so smoothly and it was all thanks to Mariah. We'd highly recommend Mariah to anyone looking for help with their big day! She is truly the BEST!

Bri · Married on 10/14/2017

Mariah put together the most amazing day of our lives! We would not have known how to have a wedding in Big Sur without her. It simply would not have happened without her.

Mariah helped us with the big and the small details. Lodging, rehearsal dinner locations, helping us pick all of our vendors (who were all incredibly amazing!), she even gave us so many options for a wedding outside of Big Sur when the bridge collapsed. ( We had to move our wedding date 6 months further than our original wedding date due to the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge shut down.) Her dedication was so heartfelt and we grew such a trust and bond with Mariah. She organized a timeline for a seamless day. It is not easy to plan out when the Bride and Groom leave the location multiple times during the wedding for shots on the beach and cliffs. The set up was perfect and all of her suggestions were brilliant.

Mariah is a genuine, positive and loving person with such an amazing, organized and creative work ethic. She truly is a natural.

Lana · Married on 09/21/2017

Working with Mariah was such a pleasure. I spoke with 4 wedding planners before hiring Mariah. While I connected immediately with her personality-wise, she was also the only one who followed up with photos of her work, like I had asked during our first phone call. I knew then that she was organized and would following through. She also grew up in Big Sur so knows the area like the back of her hand! I had originally wanted an elopement and knew planning one in the Big Sur area can be really tough. Vendors are not super plentiful because it is so remote, there is little to no cell service, and venues book up fast. For example, despite having a mid-week wedding, NO ONE would do my flowers because a) they were booked or b) my wedding was considered too small! After getting my 10th or so rejection email, I had a panic attack, but Mariah was able to make some calls and found me a wonderful florist who was able to do my flowers all within budget! Speaking of budget, she was super mindful of my little budget and would check in with me beforehand to make sure that pricing for vendors, and decorations, her time, etc. were on point, which I 100% appreciated. She was also so helpful when my elopement ended up becoming a small wedding with guests 6 weeks before the wedding! Other pluses-- she's great at helping you focus if you are overwhelmed, had wonderful suggestions when I was lost, set up beautiful tablescapes, and is just a super nice person :) Definitely recommend without hesitation.

Mariah Green Events 25
    Mariah Green Events 26
    Mariah Green Events 27
    Mariah Green Events 28
    Mariah Green Events 29

Andrew · Married on 09/09/2017

Mariah was fantastic! My wife and I got married in Big Sur 2017 during the closure period. Having Mariah on board was key to having our wedding run so smoothly. From the start Mariah provided great insight from her experiences, but also was extremely flexible with our vision. It can be daunting to nail all the logistics on the wedding day, but Mariah relieved us of that pressure. I would highly recommend her!

Shelby · Married on 09/09/2017

I was stress free on my wedding day and enjoyed every moment because I knew Mariah was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Mariah!

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

Holy molies. I don't think there are enough words to say how amazing Mariah is! She has such an amazing and calm spirit...very much needed for any bride and groom on their wedding day. She answered all of my questions during the year up to our wedding and took over coordinating our vendors the month the wedding. The day of the wedding, her and the venue team set up all of the decor and made sure everything went flawlessly. None of our friends or family had to take on that responsibility, and everyone could just enjoy themselves. She took everything I had imagined for my wedding and brought it to reality. All of our family and friends said it was the best wedding they've ever been to!

We had the dream team of vendors for our wedding in Big Sur. It was important to my partner and I to use local vendors. Mariah has a great relationship with all of them and it was obvious to see how important all of it is to throw an incredible and fun wedding.

I could not recommend her highly enough! Do not hesitate to work with her for your wedding!

Amy · Married on 05/29/2017

I would highly recommend Mariah Green as your wedding planner for your special day. We were supposed to get married in Big Sur, CA on Memorial Day 2017 and after the Pfeiffer Bridge collapsed we were forced to find plan B which truly transformed into plan A as we got married at the Highlands Inn in Carmel. Being from our of state, Mariah was kind enough to scope out different venues for us, take pictures for us, so we were comfortable with our decision at the Highlands.
    Mariah went above and beyond to make sure all the details and décor was perfect! She met us at the rehearsal and patiently waited as we made up our welcome and reception tables so they were perfect the day of the wedding. Mariah also came to the cottages where we were getting ready, brought snacks, and wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly. She was truly an excellent communicator with our vendors to meet everyone’s expectations; we couldn’t have done it without her assistance. She also has a calm, sweet demeanor, which helps with a “type A” bride who did a destination wedding! Thanks Mariah!

Happily Ever After,
    Amy & Mark
    Cave Creek, AZ

Sara · Married on 01/20/2017

My husband and I were planning a small destination wedding in Carmel, CA and needed someone in Carmel to help us plan and coordinate the wedding day. Neither of us had been to Carmel or even seen our venue in person, so having someone who was familiar with the area and had referrals to other vendors was really important to us. I found Mariah through some internet research, and instantly connected with her on our first call. She was an absolute joy to work with, had great ideas, prompt in all responses, and always went above and beyond for anything I asked. (I had mentioned on a call getting different table clothes, and within a couple of days she sent pictures of options she had found!) Mariah was a tremendous help when my venue changed catering managers, and with the rainy weather, even went to check out the venue herself for alternate options. By the time I got out there she had already staged a couple indoor options for us to choose from. With everyone coming from out of state, she helped with any and all logistics - from getting my parents clothes dry cleaned before the wedding, to going back to our hotel the next day and grabbing my bouquet to ship it back to us!!!! I really cannot say enough good things about Mariah. She made our day so incredibly memorable and stress-free. I wish I could give her more stars!!!

Danielle · Married on 10/22/2016

Mariah was amazing!!! She was extremely professional and honestly went above and beyond anything I could have ever expected. I cannot say enough how much I loved having her there on my wedding day. She kept me SANE!! Before I even had a chance to think about something, she was already doing it - including having a huge glass of wine waiting for me after our ceremony ended :) I diy'd a LOT of my reception items and she single handily packed everything up at the end of the night during our after party. All we had to do the next day was load it into the truck and we were off. She also has a very good eye for decor and set everything up just as I had imagined it in my head. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about her! I would absolutely recommend her for your wedding. She was beyond amazing!!

Lydia · Married on 08/13/2016

Mariah was a pleasure to work with.

We really had no idea where to start in planning our west coast wedding, but she knew just the details to cover. I sent her a few pinterest photos and she truly captured the essence of what I wanted. She did the leg work and presented me with a few options for each decision, and her explanations made those final decisions very straightforward. She also managed to find places for both the reception and the ceremony that were off the beaten path, and therefore cheaper than most of the places that do a lot of weddings. Our reception at Earthbound Farms was perfect, and the staff there did such an amazing job of decorating and catering to our every need.

We didn't think we would need a consultant when we started planning, but it took such a huge weight off (and saved us money by avoiding overpriced venues) that she was worth every penny. I would recommend her to anyone looking to get married in the Carmel/Big Sur area.

Lauri · Married on 07/23/2016

We can't emphasize enough how vital Mariah was in creating the most beautiful, extraordinary wedding for us. We began working with her a year before our wedding and the process was fun, exciting and easy. She is so knowledgeable, warm and caring. On the day of our wedding, the fires in Big Sur broke out. The place we had planned to get married at was engulfed in smoke. Mariah was so calm and proactive. She called on all of her great friends in the Big Sur area and within hours we were getting married under the most magnificent canopy of Redwood trees with the sounds of the waves crashing nearby and no smoke anywhere. She created an oasis for us. Everyone at the wedding told us it was by far the best wedding they had every been to. In Mariah, we have made a friend for life.

• F

Florie · Married on 07/09/2016

If there was a way to give Mariah more stars, I would! She exceeded our expectations in every area. Mariah's personality and demeanor are perfect for what she does... She's warm, calm, graceful, extremely organized and so knowledgeable about the area (which you quickly realize is indispensable for planning a destination wedding in Big Sur).

Mariah took the reigns with minimal guidance and understood our vision perfectly. Based on stories I've heard from others, I had braced myself for something, however minor, to go wrong on our big day and it never came. In fact, the closest we came to an issue was our party favors, which I had shipped to Mariah from SC. They never arrived, which she confirmed by somehow getting in touch with someone at the local post office after they had closed for the weekend. She tracked them down on the morning of the wedding despite misleading tracking info (they ended up being shipped to somewhere else in Big Sur). She also went above and beyond her job description in so many other ways by helping us find a great babysitter, cleaning up after an unfortunate "incident" with one of our guests, staying beyond the time we had discussed, working out some kinks with our food vendor, and so much more... All as our day-of coordinator.

Hiring Mariah was by far the best decision we made, and everyone who worked with or talked with her agreed! Talk about someone who's found her calling. I could not recommend her more highly. Thank you so much, Mariah!

Kerry · Married on 04/09/2016

Mariah was a complete gem to work with, from start to finish. I actually wish I had another event to plan in Big Sur so that I could work with her again!

First, some background: I first met her when she still worked at Big Sur Bakery, running its special events. I was so struck by her kindness then that I immediately decided to go with the bakery for catering at my wedding. I was disappointed when she emailed to let me know she'd be leaving the bakery, but I saw my opportunity and reached out, asking whether she was by chance, going into event planning? She was! I quickly nabbed her for my day-of-coordinator spot (I know a great person when I spot them!).

Mariah is one of those rare people who is able to keep others organized and on-track while always remaining incredibly kind. She was immediately supportive of our somewhat outside-the-box ceremony plan, and was a godsend at the reception, which was held at Pfeiffer State Park in Big Sur. Because of the way our permit for the day worked out, our immediate families and ourselves couldn't be there to set-up at the wedding site so Mariah was in charge of greeting Chic Events, the rental company (stellar service!) and organizing all our various aunts and uncles to make sure set-up got done within two hours. She was calm and collected all day long, handling the assorted issues that pop up at a wedding with grace, the biggest being when the bakery accidentally shorted us on food (not Mariah's fault-- but she ran out to a deli and brought back more food asap, paid for out-of-her-own pocket because she's just that way (I made sure she was reimbursed later)/ She knew when to fill us in on things and when to leave us in the dark-- such a good skill to have. :)

She handled her job with such calm good humor and kindness that wedding guests noticed her and how hard she was working to keep them all happy. I cannot recommend her enough. Brides, she'll make your day easy and Mariah-- you deserve so much success!