Truly Happy Beauty Reviews

Truly Happy Beauty 5
Truly Happy Beauty 6
Truly Happy Beauty 7

Corinne · Married on 11/24/2012

I would give Margie more than five stars if I could! Margie and her assistant Sam did my hair and make-up on my wedding day (11/24/12), and my maids of honor and mother as well. All four of us were so pleased with the results and were complimented by guests all night! Our family knows how to throw down, and despite all the debauchery, my hair and make-up didn't budge.

It's worth noting that I'm not a "hair and make-up" kinda gal. I'd never been professionally beautified before, so I was a little nervous going into it. Margie immediately made me feel comfortable, and made a huge point about allowing me to guide our sessions - checking with me before every hair she put in place to make sure I was 100% happy with how I looked. I never felt rushed or judged or pushed into any particular look. After our trial, I was so confident that I could just sit back, relax, and enjoy my wedding day pampering because I knew she knew what I wanted.

But Margie is more than just hair and make-up. She is a spectacular person. She is hilarious, engaging, patient and so easy to be around. From our first email interactions, through my trial at her apartment, to my wedding day and thereafter, Margie was a joy. She was always clear and prompt with her correspondence, followed up regarding upcoming appointments, and even sent a lovely thank you note the day after my wedding. We had a blast spending my wedding afternoon with her in the hotel.

I did a lot of price comparisons before I booked her, and Margie is really very reasonable. Hair and make-up for your wedding will never be cheap, but Margie is worth every penny. I would recommend her to anyone for any special event.

Thank you Margie!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Trisha · Married on 09/29/2012

Margie is wonderful! She's super personable and a joy to work with. During our trial, she listened to my ideas and provided some great ones of her own. The process was fun and enjoyable, and she made sure to let me preview each beauty feature she was doing before moving onto the next. This way she gets feedback from the client right away and adjustments can be made, so that your wedding look turns out exactly the way you'd like it to! :) On the day of the event, I changed my mind slightly on the hair style and she worked her magic to make it look beautiful! I chose airbrush make up for my foundation, which she was a pro at. It lasted all day, but just in case, she gave me some blotting tissues for my purse, along with some of the lip gloss she applied. She makes sure you're all set for your special day. I have never looked or felt more beautiful, and I'm so happy I found Margie to help me on my wedding day! :)

Sent on 03/05/2013

Margie was amazing. She was great all the way through from the trial to the day of the wedding. She really listened to what I wanted and created a beautiful look for me. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing their makeup done for a wedding or any event!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2012

Margie did my hair and make-up on my wedding day, as well as my mother's make-up and she was absolutely fantastic! I was not able to have a trial with her before the wedding, and despite that, she responded to all my emails regarding the ideas and pictures I had in mind.

The day of (our first time meeting), she came on time and was amazing. Margie made me feel completely comfortable and listened to all of my concerns. The end result was exactly the look I was going for and I could not have been happier.

I would whole-heartily recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Margie did my makeup for me and my bridal party. She was great at listening to the look I wanted to acheive and executing it flawlessly. I never looked better!
    She also had such a great demeanor. She keep things on time but was so calm, and she was especially patient with the mother's of the bride/groom.
    You can tell she really cared, and the results showed!

Sent on 08/13/2012
  • Cirizarry

Cindy · Married on 10/08/2011

I hired Margie to do my hair and makeup for my wedding last October. From the moment we met Margie was very friendly and professional! She is the sweetest and her work is absolutely beautiful! The hair trial took about 2hrs and she did two looks for me since I wasn't sure how I wanted my hair. She made the trial a very relaxing and fun experience. On the day of, she showed up on time and didn't leave until I was ready to get into the limo. I barely had to freshen up my makeup, even after sweating up a storm on the dance floor, and my hair looked great even at 4am the next day. Margie is definitely a perfectionist and it shows!

Sent on 09/06/2012
  • F

Franny · Married on 11/04/2017

Truly Happy Beauty NAILED it!! We had a team of 4 makeup and hair artists for 11 girls (including the bride) and the artists took their time but finished all of the girls' looks with time to spare. I have been in a few weddings now, and this is the first wedding I've been to that the entire bridal party's hair lasted the entire day!!! When I was looking for hair & makeup for my wedding I didn't want over the top makeup. Truly Happy Beauty does an amazing job of using makeup to just enhance a girl's natural beauty. All of the girls were so happy with their hair and makeup. As the bride, I could not have asked for a better experience. From my trial to my wedding day, Margie was so flexible and comforting in helping me figure out what I wanted my wedding day look to be. I kept changing my mind, and even on the day of the wedding Margie was so flexible when I brought a new eyeshadow I wanted to use. I've never felt so beautiful and I would highly recommend Truly Happy Beauty for any bride looking for hair and makeup for their special day!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Alanna · Married on 07/15/2017

Margie did hair and make up for my wedding in July and she was a true professional! She helped keep us on track and I even hired her to come with me to our 2nd photo location. The weather was very humid and hot and she kept me from looking like a mess before the wedding even started- she was even fanning myself and my husband when we couldn't handle it anymore!! We loved having her with us and were so grateful she was a part of our special day!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Truly Happy Beauty 8
    Truly Happy Beauty 9

Jennifer Hansen · Married on 04/13/2019

Helpful, creative and great results!

I used the Truly Happy Beauty team for wedding hair and makeup. I had an excellent experience working with Margie and her team leading up to my wedding day and on the day of. I was unsure of the exact looks that I wanted and Margie was extremely helpful and patient during my trials to experiment with different styles. When I couldn't find a hairstyle that I loved, she came up with a great suggestion that I would not have thought of myself and ended up being the style that I used on my wedding day! On the day the team was on time, very friendly and professional and everyone that had their hair and makeup done was really happy with their looks. I also got so many compliments on my makeup, which was the perfect blend of natural and glam.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 10/13/2018

I loved my Wedding Hair and Makeup. Margie is more than just a Hair & Makeup Artist!

Truly Happy Beauty was the best decision for my hair and makeup! Margie and her team are amazing hair and makeup artists. Not only did they come to us with their full array of supplies, but they also got everyone ready on time! She worked with me during my trial after work hours to bring my vision to life. Margie also made sure that I stayed hydrated, fed, and calm the morning of my wedding. She is more than a hair and makeup artist. I highly recommend Margie & Truly Happy Beauty to any bride and bridal party!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Anna · Married on 09/23/2017

Margie is amazing to work with! She put me at ease on my wedding day which was pretty hard to do. Everyone completed my hair and makeup. She was able to delivery what everyone wanted which wasn't easy!!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Chelsea · Married on 02/19/2017

Margie and her team made me and my bridesmaids look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. It was so nice to work with her and her colleague Lucy. Thank you for making my hairstyle so elegant and tailored to exactly what I wanted. All of my bridesmaids looked perfect and were so happy with their results. You helped make my day and my whole look perfect.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Jen · Married on 09/21/2016

If you're thinking about using Margie, you won't be disappointed! When I started planning my New York elopement, I thought it would be quite hard to organise everything from a different country! Margie was recommended to me by my wedding photographer and from the first email she was always quick to reply and was always friendly and informative! On the day, Margie arrived at my hotel room on time and was friendly and welcoming which put me at ease! She was quick to arrange all her makeup and equipment and get to work! I cancelled my trial before the wedding so Margie had to rely on my photos of makeup and hairstyles but she got it all perfect straight away and I was very pleased! She really is great at her job and I would definitely recommend her to anybody looking for a hair and makeup artist for their wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Adriana · Married on 08/27/2016

It was great having Margie as a professional make-up artist at my wedding day. She put much effort in my hairdo and make up. Even during the day she stood by me to help me out when needed. A perfect and nice lady to book on your shoot or wedding day!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Cayla · Married on 06/04/2016

Margie and her team were great! She even worked with me on the day of to sort of tweak what we did at the trial run, and it looked amazing!! It was SO humid on my wedding day and my make up stayed in place until I took it off around 4:30am the next morning. All of my bridesmaids loved their looks as well, which made me happy because I wanted them to feel beautiful up there with me. I would highly recommend Margie!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Katherine · Married on 11/07/2015

I could not be happier with the services my bridesmaids and I received from the Truly Happy Beauty team. Everyone was happy with their services and felt beautiful, which was very important to me.
    I worked closely with Lucie leading up to and the day of the wedding. Lucie is patient, kind, and super fun! I changed my mind on the look I wanted for my wedding day multiple times, and every time she was accommodating and patient, never pushing me to "just decide". Margie, the head artist, was extremely responsive and organized - which was such a pleasure to work with.
    The day of the wedding Lucie and Mira showed up early and were extremely patient when girls were running behind, or when my flower girls were running around them.
    At the end of it all I felt beautiful, which is how every bride should feel. A huge thank you to Lucie and her team - they were amazing to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2015

I couldn't recommend Margie more highly. I went in with a pretty minimal sense of what I wanted, and she helped me find the perfect hairstyle to complement my dress and venue. During the trial she was willing to make any adjustment and experiment and I never felt rushed or pressured. And on the day-of, she did a BEAUTIFUL job that lasted the entire night. I never had to touch up a single thing. The airbrush makeup was incredibly natural and gave my skin the porcelain look I was hoping for, and the individual fake lashes are great -- no one could tell I was wearing them. Definitely go with her.

Sent on 10/24/2013

CW · Married on 09/08/2013

I highly recommend Margie. Not only is she a warm and professional person, she was the perfect fit for a woman like me who never wears makeup. Margie was very patient at the trial (highly recommend doing it) and worked quickly. She really gave me the natural look I wanted for my wedding. I looked like an improved version of myself!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Rosie · Married on 04/25/2017

Absolutely loved my hair and make-up! Lucie was so sweet and so accommodating, we tried different styles at the trial and it was so difficult to choose which one to pick for the big day, since I really liked all of them. On my wedding day it was drizzling and breezy (and we had an outdoors wedding) - so I opted for an up-do with a braid and it withstood the weather and still looked beautiful at the end of the day. I got so many compliments on both the hair and the make-up, Lucie really did an amazing job! She also did the make-up for my bridal party and stayed so calm and relaxed with all the guests coming in and out, I don't think anything can trouble her ;) We ran a little late but I think that was due to Lucie being kind enough to fix my sister's hair before she started my make-up. I wouldn't book anyone else!!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/14/2016

I decided to work with Margie after a few friends had used her for their own weddings in the past few years. Each of my friends looked like a more beautiful version of themselves on their wedding day, not some overly made up person. I wanted to look like me and knew that I needed to work with a hair and makeup artist who understood that. Margie was wonderful and listened to my requests/ likes/ dislikes. The trial was a great way to talk about what I wanted and try different looks. The day of my wedding Margie and her team were on time, so professional , efficient and lovely to have around. They got me and my wedding party/ close family (group of 11 ladies) ready in 4 hours and everyone looked amazing. My makeup was flawless. It looked perfect until I got home after 3 a.m. My hair stayed in place and was exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend using Margie and her team for your bridal hair and makeup.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Christina · Married on 07/13/2013

Margie and her team did my makeup and the makeup and hair for my 9 bridesmaids! Margie did a beautiful job with my makeup. It was exactly what I wanted and she is so sweet and easy to work with. The girls all looked beautiful and we were done with plenty of time to spare, even with as many girls as I had. They are efficient, talented and super friendly. :)

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful experience!

Margie, Lucie, and the rest of their team were perfect for my wedding day. Lucie did an amazing job on my hair and makeup, which truly lasted all day! My bridesmaids and mom/mom-in-law's hair and makeup all turned out flawless as well. The team is great at doing beautiful, natural-looking makeup which was exactly what we were looking for. They also did a variety of beautiful hairstyles with ease. Not to mention, the price point for bridesmaids was much better than what I was quoted for from a few other vendors. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 10
    Truly Happy Beauty 11

Kelly · Married on 05/29/2015

Margie and her team were absolutely fantastic. They arrived very early with huge smiles and ensured everyone was ready in time looking beautiful. I would not hesitate in recommending her.
    I am an international bride, so it was hard choosing a supplier over in the US, and I was especially nervous that we didn't have the chance to have a trial. But Margie was very responsive in the lead up to the wedding and we shared photos of what I'd like to achieve, which she did.
    She uses great products and has a HUGE array of them.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

3.8
      3.5

Margie and Lucie were lovely - very responsive, flexible to my last-minute changes, available for the trial at my convenience, extremely nice. I was pleased with my wedding hair and makeup, as were my mother and sister (they looked absolutely gorgeous).

Sent on 10/04/2017

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

3.8
      3.5

I am very pleased with the service provided. Margie and Lucie were so nice to work with and I was happy with my wedding look.

Sent on 10/04/2017