Truly Happy Beauty Reviews

Truly Happy Beauty 6
Truly Happy Beauty 7
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 07/20/2019

The most perfect hair and makeup we have ever had!

Margie did my trial and wedding day hair and makeup. I also hired her team (Margie came to our hotel suite) with 4 additional hair and makeup stylists to do 13 people's hair and makeup on my wedding day morning. She and her team are phenomenal! All my girls raved about how their hair and makeup never looked better and mine was flawless! The individual eyelashes gave us the natural beauty we were going for and the airbrush makeup withstood the 100 °F heat we had on my wedding day. Margie is also truly an entrepeneur. She is extremely organized and her pre-wedding day schedule and prep list she gave me for my girls, the hotel, how to set-up and clean up the suite made our busy morning go so smoothly. Also, I am so appreciative that my mom loved her hair and makeup. She had not had it done since her own wedding and was very nervous about it, worrying that it would not look natural or that she would hate it. She loved it and looked absolutely gorgeous. Margie also gave us life long tips that we can use to reduce our undereye puffiness: cold black tea bags under the eyes or buying an amathist roller. I will use those in the future. Thank you for making me gorgeous on my wedding day. I will be forever grateful to Margie and her team. Some of my bridesmaids asked for the team's contact info for their own weddings. I hope you choose them too. You will love it for sure!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 8
    Truly Happy Beauty 9
    Truly Happy Beauty 10
    Truly Happy Beauty 11

Jennifer Sabella · Married on 05/26/2019

Great experience for my NYC wedding

Working with Margie was a wonderful experience. She and her team did hair for me and my 5 bridesmaids. Going into my hair trial, I didn't have a ton of strong opinions on what I wanted and Margie really helped me figure out what looked good. She also gave me some recommendations on where to get reasonably priced hair pieces. I loved my hair on my wedding day as did all of my girls. Plus, at my getting ready, my mother had a complete tantrum in the room which kind of derailed the party - Margie was so sweet in that moment, reassuring me that these things happen all the time and to not worry about it. Thank you so much Margie!!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Robin · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly recommended: hair and makeup

Lucie did my (bride's) hair and makeup, as well as my mother's. She planned out the morning perfectly, even accounting for a late start on my part. I wanted to look and feel as much like myself as possible, and with her help, I did! I felt like I looked great all night. The airbrushing looked great with some blending, and I especially loved the way she did my eyes and updo. Very happy with her work.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Natalia · Married on 05/18/2019

Great Experience!

Lucie is very talented and did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup! She worked hard to get my hair style just perfect. For an up-do it felt very comfortable all night and stayed in perfectly the entire evening. My wedding party had make up done by Lucie and they all loved it!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Erin Sauter · Married on 04/27/2019

Exceptional

I love Margie!! She did an amazing job with my hair and makeup, and my bridesmaids’ hair. She ran ahead of schedule and had such a calm demeanor and presence. One of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Experience

Margie and team were truly fantastic. From the very first email Margie was extremely responsive and upfront with all information. On the day of, her and her team were right on time. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and that was in huge part to Margie and her amazing skills! The rest of my wedding party was also extremely happy with their hair and makeup. I would highly recommend her and her team.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Mollie

Mollie Kehoe · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful Experience and Gorgeous Outcome!

Working with Margie and her team was absolutely fantastic! Margie did my best friends wedding a few years ago, and I knew I wanted to work with her and her team when it came time to plan my wedding. Margie's team was so sweet and accommodating and made everyone look absolutely STUNNING! Every single person who got their hair & makeup done by them in my party was so happy with how their look came out. As the bride, I was beyond happy. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and I would recommend any bride getting married in the NYC area work with Margie and her team!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/15/2019

Best decision! You won't be disappointed!

Margie is phenomenal! I couldn't be happier with the look she helped me create for my wedding and I am so grateful to have had her by my side! She is super responsive, professional, and helped calm my nerves on the day of. She was so wonderful when I was running a little behind and still spent the time to make sure my look was perfect before she left. Both my hair and makeup were flawless even after several hours of dancing! I didn't even need to touch it up. My hair held all night and I was super comfortable without feeling all of the bobbie pins. I received so many compliments, and am so thankful for Margie's hard work to make it happen! All of my bridesmaids looked fantastic as well! She's the best! Margie, thank you so much for all that you did and for all of your support that morning!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Cola

Cola · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing team!

I am a wedding hairstylists worst nightmare: I have thin, fine, straight hair and I wanted it half down and curled for my wedding, but Margie and her team did an amazing job. When I went in for my trial she soothed my anxieties right away. She tried my hair 3 different ways and took tons of photos of each from every angle so I could decide later for myself. It was an easy choice - the last style she did, and the one she recommended most for me, was clearly the best. Over the next few months she helped me find extensions that would work for me and my style, advised me on how to guide my bridesmaids into choosing styles, helped me figure out how design my veil, assisted me on scheduling the day, and answered any questions I had immediately. She recreated the look from my trial perfectly for my wedding, it was comfortable, secure, and it lasted throughout the night - which is a truly incredible feat with my hair texture. My wedding day was a bit rainy and my hair didn't frizz or go limp at all, is stayed shiny, smooth and bouncy to the end, even though our very twirly choreographed dance, which had two dips in it, not single hair was out of place. The extensions didn't feel heavy at all and they blended in perfectly with my hair, adding in just a touch of volume that had been lost by the half up look.

She and her team also handled my bridesmaids hair perfectly! I had a very diverse group of ladies, with a huge range of hair textures, lengths, weights and colors, all of them wanted different styles and all of them up-dos. Each woman's hair looked unique and perfectly suited to her, my maid of honor has short hair and had requested a high bun, which did start to come apart by the time dancing rolled around, but she remarked on how light and comfortable it felt throughout the evening. No one had a fried, over teased, hair-sprayed look. Everyones hair looked naturally polished and beautiful.

Thank you so much Margie for making us all look glamorous!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 17
    Truly Happy Beauty 18
    Truly Happy Beauty 19

Madison · Married on 09/22/2018

Margie is the BEST! I knew how I wanted my hair but had a hard time explaining it. Margie was so patient and worked with me until we found exactly what I wanted. She was warm and open and my bridesmaids and I had such a good time getting ready with Margie and her team. And we all looked amazing by the way :) I can't recommend Margie enough--I wish I could give her more stars.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Amy · Married on 07/10/2018

Seriously, I can not recommend Margie enough. She deserves 10 out of 5 stars! In a destination wedding, flexibility and a calm, problem-solving instead of panicking mindset is crucial! Not only is Margie an incredibly skilled make-up artist and hair stylist, but she is an incredible person, period. It was an honor to have her as part of our Mediterranean Wedding Cruise & Santorini, Greece Wedding Ceremony — we love you Margie!!!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 24
    Truly Happy Beauty 25
    Truly Happy Beauty 26

KARLA · Married on 07/10/2018

Margie was amazingly professional with great attention to every detail! I've been part of many weddings, and she is by far the best stylist I've ever worked with. Because of her sweet and calming energy, she created a peaceful atmosphere and was very patient with the bride to make sure that she was taken care of on her special day. Margie listened to what we wanted/needed and executed our vision flawlessly. Her skills are top-notch and she will definitely carry out your vision with a smile on her face. Our bridal party ranged in skin tones and hair textures, and she knew how to make each one of us feel beautiful! I cannot recommend her enough; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Melanie Rei

Melanie · Married on 07/01/2018

I feel so lucky to have worked with Margie. I put off researching a stylist for my wedding for a long time, and it was for a few reasons: 1. I was totally clueless about the process; 2. I don't wear makeup, and I'm very fearful about anything being applied near my eyes (I flinch like crazy and my eyes water uncontrollably); 3. I had a very non-traditional idea for hair for myself and my bridesmaids (we all chose styles that were inspired by our favorite sci-fi/fantasy heroines). I was nervous about finding a stylist who would be willing to work with my quirky hair idea and would also be understanding of my fears about makeup application. When I met with Margie for my trial, she got genuinely excited when I told her my hair concept, and she worked slowly and carefully when applying my makeup, adjusting her methods in order to make me feel completely at ease. I loved how natural and beautiful I looked when she was done! On the wedding day, she and her fellow stylist arrived promptly to our hotel, worked hard to keep us all on schedule, and were enthusiastic and cheerful the entire time. Margie even remembered that my sister and I were Star Wars fans, so she surprised us with adorable little Star Wars pouches for us to use for our touch up kits. So thoughtful!! Our hair and makeup lasted the entire day. I felt so confident, and I received tons of compliments about how naturally radiant I looked. I highly recommend Truly Happy Beauty, and would book Margie again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Missy · Married on 06/22/2018

I would recommend Margie and her team to everyone. They were incredible. Margie was always very response, warm and professional over email. I had two trials with her where she patiently tried out different hair styles and make up looks. I don’t wear a lot of makeup usually, so I wanted a natural look for my wedding day. Margie listened and made me feel beautiful and most importantly like myself. She and her team were prepared and stayed on time on the big day through 11 people’s hair and makeup. They were also just lovely people, so fun to get ready with and great company. Her team is so talented – they listened to each person and were able to accommodate different preferences and styles. Everyone left looking glowing and happy.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Mara · Married on 06/08/2018

Margie and her team were great! After reviewing other people's work whose style just didn't work for me, I found her on instagram and booked a trial. Right after the trial I cut my hair and was a little worried about whether it was too short, and Margie was great at communicating with me about it and making sure I was comfortable - although I ended up not having another trial she was super great about it and answered all my repetitive questions. Day of her team was great. They showed up on time, did me, my five bridesmaids mother and stepmother and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Antuela · Married on 05/20/2018

Great team to work with! Very attentive and kind.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Angela · Married on 04/13/2018

Margie and her team were absolutely incredible!
    We had 1 Trial together -- played around with different looks, not rushed and felt really comfortable leaving the trial.

The day of was perfection. They were on-time (i think even early), kept everyone on schedule (built in extra time), the makeup was flawless!

Makeup lasted all night - bride, bridesmaids, mothers and sisters!

Everyone was so happy! I would recommend Margie to anyone I know!

Sent on 08/20/2018

leanne · Married on 02/24/2018

Margie was so great. She gave great direction while being responsive and flexible to my vision. At the end of the day, I was so happy with how my hair and makeup and the hair and makeup of my mom and bridal party looked. I would absolutely recommend her and her team again!

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 01/29/2018

Margie was truly professional from her initial response time until she left my house. She was punctual and patient. I loved my hair and makeup, It was so me with a punch of glam, which means she really listened to what i wanted! I would high recommend Margie for any event. Thanks Margie for being so kind, patient and relaxing

Sent on 02/09/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 27
    Truly Happy Beauty 28

Jessica · Married on 12/02/2017

Margie was way more than just hair and makeup! We had a small destination wedding and by the end of the day I really considered her hair, makeup AND wedding coordinator. At one point she even steamed my dress! While I absolutely loved my hair and makeup (which was a fete of its own because I have long, thick, curly hair and the weather was windy and humid) Margie was an amazing asset to have with us.

Sent on 02/04/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 29
    Truly Happy Beauty 30
    Truly Happy Beauty 31
    Truly Happy Beauty 32
    Truly Happy Beauty 33

Amy · Married on 10/15/2017

Margie's work is INCREDIBLE! The make-up and hair on the day of were absolutely perfect. During our trial, she really took the time and care to understand exactly what I wanted and then day of she nailed it perfectly! Thank you, Margie!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Truly Happy Beauty 34
  • Bunnycita

Itzie · Married on 10/14/2017

Margie and her team are great. Margie exceeded my expectations. She was very nice and professional since the beginning. I showed her a lot of pictures of hairstyles I liked however due to the thickness and length of my hair, none looked as nice on me. Margie was sooo patient during the trial. She designed a beautiful updo for me!!! So basically my own unique updo!! I was soooo happy. Everyone at my wedding complimented it. The make up was also so beautiful. I asked her for a natural look and yes, Margie did great. I had an early wedding- Margie showed up at the time we agreed. Not one minute late. I would recommend Margie 100%. Amazing service and talented!!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

The best!

I was married in late October 2018 on a rainy and windy Brooklyn, NY day. Naturally, I was worried my wedding day glam look wouldn't last the day. I have sensitive/oily skin and super fine straight hair. Not only did my makeup and curls last the entire day and evening through all the hugging, kissing, and dancing- but it lasted perfectly through the photos my husband and I took on the roof deck of our hotel (yes- in the rain and wind!) If you haven't hired Margie of Truly Happy Beauty...you better quickly! I haven't stopped raving to friends and family since the wedding about Margie and her assistant artist, Lucy! The both of them did an absolutely perfect job with myself, my mother, sister, and 2 bridesmaids. My glam look held up so well that you would have never noticed I stepped foot outdoors on that rainy day! I didn’t need a single touch up all night & I partied and danced until late that evening. Thank you, Margie, not only for your fabulous hair and makeup skills but also your friendship and calm demeanor on the wedding morning. I felt so relieved to have you by side months before the wedding for my 2 hair/makeup trials and on my wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Lori · Married on 09/30/2017

Margie and her team were AMAZING! I had 10 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, 2 mothers and 1 grandmother who all need hair/makeup or both on the day of my wedding. The team showed up exactly on time, listened to each girl's needs and everyone turned out beautifully. Margie even left enough time in the schedule for touch-ups for everyone and any adjustments to hair and makeup that might be needed. I was especially impressed when working with Margie. As the bride, you're always a bit nervous ahead of time, but Margie worked swiftly and calmly to give me my dream hair and makeup for my wedding. She listened to my needs, asked questions throughout the process and I never felt rushed or anxious. Even my wedding guests were raving about my hair and makeup!
    Leading up to the wedding, Margie was also amazing. She answered emails in record time, gave me direction for the day of and created a schedule and list of items she would need to make the day run smoothly -- which it did. All in all, I would choose Truly Happy Beauty for my wedding day a million times over. Thank you, Margie!!

Sent on 11/11/2017