Truly Happy Beauty Reviews

Truly Happy Beauty 6
Truly Happy Beauty 7

Amy Teich · Married on 10/12/2019

delightful

Margie went above and beyond to address my daughters makeup and hair needs. she looked like a princess

Sent on 10/22/2019

Suzanne G. · Married on 10/06/2019

Loved working with Margie

Margie worked magic for my make up and hair. I really struggled to find the right person for my wedding in NJ since I don't normally wear make up and don't love putting much attention on beauty care. I did a make up trial with someone else which made me feel old and blah. A friend recommended Margie and she turned this all around. She put together make up for me that made me feel beautiful again in a natural way. She also can work magic with hair (didn't realize someone could actually know how to do BOTH.) She took my curls and transformed them into a lovely wedding style that included flowers pinned to my hair. I could not have been happier. I highly recommend hiring Margie!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Paula Niittymäki · Married on 10/01/2019

The happiest day of my life, Thanks Margie!

Margie is wonderful and so good at what she does. I highly recommend her to everybody who wants to look stunning on the wedding day! My husband and I decided to elope in New York. We live in Finland and we had to make arrangements from far away. She wanted to find out what I really wanted and exceeded all expectations. I have never looked better than I did on my wedding day. My husband agreed with me. It was magical day and the biggest thank of it belongs to Margie.

Sent on 10/22/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 8
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect for the whole family!

I cannot thank Margie enough for being part of my wedding day! I was looking for a natural yet "glam" look for myself and she delivered exactly that! But most importantly, everything was easy going, comfortable, and fun! She was key in keeping me and my girls relaxed throughout the whole process and each of us came out beautiful, highlighting our own special features. I wish I could look and feel as beautiful as I did on my wedding day again - thank you Margie!!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Joan · Married on 09/01/2019

we were truly happy !

Margie and her team did a great job on the hair and makeup for our daughter, and her bridesmaids (and the mother of the bride) for her 9/1/19 wedding. This team knows how to bring out the natural beauty of these young women without overdoing the makeup. They were professional, ran on time and everyone was very happy with their results. We are happy to recommend this team !

Sent on 09/13/2019

Becca Mark · Married on 09/01/2019

LOVED Margie and the THB Team!!

I had SUCH an great experience with Margie and the Truly Happy Beauty team on my wedding day! They arrived at our venue early, got the room all set up for me and my 6 bridesmaids, and were ready to go right on time. Throughout the day, they were so fun, energetic, and incredibly accommodating to each of my bridesmaids. They spent time making sure each bridesmaid (as well as my mom) looked exactly how we had envisioned, and at the end of the day, everyone's hair and make up looked BEYOND beautiful. Every girl had a similar look with a slightly individualized flare and they all loved their hair and make up styles. I had seen Margie for 2 pre-wedding hair & makeup trials and she was so warm and helpful during each one. Even though I could hardly describe the look I was going for at the time... she figured out exactly what I wanted and on my wedding day, I looked more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Hands down best I've ever looked or felt in my life - thanks to Margie and the team!!

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 9
    Truly Happy Beauty 10
    Truly Happy Beauty 11
    Truly Happy Beauty 12

Liana Angrisani · Married on 08/25/2019

The. Best. Team. Hands. Down.

I got married on 8.25.2019. Margie was a dream to work with from the start. She was very attentive to my wants and needs during the trial process (always always ALWAYS have a trial done with your hair and make up people). I had myself, 5 bridesmaids and a Mob & Mog wanting hair and make up services. Margie brought 2 other women: 1 for hair and 1 for make up. She also created a schedule with a table that included slots to show which bridesmaid goes at which time. AMAZING! Margie and her team were so fast they ended up finishing hair and make up a little early! Plus, Margie and her team made the whole experience fun! It wasn’t stressful by any means. I couldn’t have asked for a better hair and make up team. We were all very pleased with how hair and make up turned out. It lasted all day and night through the sweating and dancing. Thank you, Margie!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 13
    Truly Happy Beauty 14
    Truly Happy Beauty 15
    Truly Happy Beauty 16
    Truly Happy Beauty 17

Gabby A · Married on 08/17/2019

10/10 wedding hair

I got married on 8/17 at the Mandarin Oriental. Margie did my trial and also did my hair on my wedding day. She was so friendly and easy to work with. She was happy to try new styles and play around with my hair during my trial. She was always responsive to emails and flexible with timing on my wedding day, as we were still working on our timeline a few weeks before the wedding. On my wedding day, my hair came out absolutely perfect. She worked quickly and calmly and she helped me stay stress free while we were getting ready. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 18
    Truly Happy Beauty 19
  • Grace

Grace Truong · Married on 08/10/2019

I can't recommend Truly Happy Beauty highly enough!

I can't recommend Margie highly enough! She was an absolute blessing to work with. Our wedding included a Vietnamese Tea Ceremony, a Chinese Gate-Crashing ceremony, a Chinese Tea Ceremony, a traditional western ceremony, and a reception. For each of these events, Margie worked with me to create unique hair and make-up looks that made me feel confident and beautiful throughout the day. Margie is an incredible artist and has a talent for understanding exactly what I envisioned for each look, making my dream hair and make-up into a reality. Her team created incredible natural looks for my bridesmaids that lasted for the entire day, despite the hot NYC summer weather. My mother, mother-in-law, and a few of my bridesmaids had never had their hair or make-up done before, but the Truly Happy Beauty team was thoughtful and patient; all of my bridal party were so impressed with their work. My bridesmaids looked, and more importantly, felt amazing! Margie went above and beyond at every stage of our wedding planning process. She was easy to get in touch with, an absolute professional, and an all-around joy to be around. On the day of the wedding, she helped me stay calm and stress-free throughout the day because I knew I was in good hands. Beyond this, she was by my side right up until I walked down the aisle, even helping me hold my train. Working with Margie was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding. I highly recommend Margie and Truly Happy Beauty without reservation, and would absolutely love to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 07/20/2019

The most perfect hair and makeup we have ever had!

Margie did my trial and wedding day hair and makeup. I also hired her team (Margie came to our hotel suite) with 4 additional hair and makeup stylists to do 13 people's hair and makeup on my wedding day morning. She and her team are phenomenal! All my girls raved about how their hair and makeup never looked better and mine was flawless! The individual eyelashes gave us the natural beauty we were going for and the airbrush makeup withstood the 100 °F heat we had on my wedding day. Margie is also truly an entrepeneur. She is extremely organized and her pre-wedding day schedule and prep list she gave me for my girls, the hotel, how to set-up and clean up the suite made our busy morning go so smoothly. Also, I am so appreciative that my mom loved her hair and makeup. She had not had it done since her own wedding and was very nervous about it, worrying that it would not look natural or that she would hate it. She loved it and looked absolutely gorgeous. Margie also gave us life long tips that we can use to reduce our undereye puffiness: cold black tea bags under the eyes or buying an amathist roller. I will use those in the future. Thank you for making me gorgeous on my wedding day. I will be forever grateful to Margie and her team. Some of my bridesmaids asked for the team's contact info for their own weddings. I hope you choose them too. You will love it for sure!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Truly Happy Beauty 20
    Truly Happy Beauty 21
    Truly Happy Beauty 22
    Truly Happy Beauty 23

Jennifer Sabella · Married on 05/26/2019

Great experience for my NYC wedding

Working with Margie was a wonderful experience. She and her team did hair for me and my 5 bridesmaids. Going into my hair trial, I didn't have a ton of strong opinions on what I wanted and Margie really helped me figure out what looked good. She also gave me some recommendations on where to get reasonably priced hair pieces. I loved my hair on my wedding day as did all of my girls. Plus, at my getting ready, my mother had a complete tantrum in the room which kind of derailed the party - Margie was so sweet in that moment, reassuring me that these things happen all the time and to not worry about it. Thank you so much Margie!!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Robin · Married on 05/25/2019

Highly recommended: hair and makeup

Lucie did my (bride's) hair and makeup, as well as my mother's. She planned out the morning perfectly, even accounting for a late start on my part. I wanted to look and feel as much like myself as possible, and with her help, I did! I felt like I looked great all night. The airbrushing looked great with some blending, and I especially loved the way she did my eyes and updo. Very happy with her work.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Natalia · Married on 05/18/2019

Great Experience!

Lucie is very talented and did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup! She worked hard to get my hair style just perfect. For an up-do it felt very comfortable all night and stayed in perfectly the entire evening. My wedding party had make up done by Lucie and they all loved it!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Erin Sauter · Married on 04/27/2019

Exceptional

I love Margie!! She did an amazing job with my hair and makeup, and my bridesmaids’ hair. She ran ahead of schedule and had such a calm demeanor and presence. One of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Experience

Margie and team were truly fantastic. From the very first email Margie was extremely responsive and upfront with all information. On the day of, her and her team were right on time. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and that was in huge part to Margie and her amazing skills! The rest of my wedding party was also extremely happy with their hair and makeup. I would highly recommend her and her team.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Anna · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful Bridal Experience!

Margie and her team were simply amazing! From the hair & makeup trial to the wedding day I had no doubts or worries. All of my girls were absolutely thrilled with their hair and makeup. The day was so well organized and stress free. I couldn't recommend Truly Happy Beauty more for your wedding day!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Mollie

Mollie Kehoe · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful Experience and Gorgeous Outcome!

Working with Margie and her team was absolutely fantastic! Margie did my best friends wedding a few years ago, and I knew I wanted to work with her and her team when it came time to plan my wedding. Margie's team was so sweet and accommodating and made everyone look absolutely STUNNING! Every single person who got their hair & makeup done by them in my party was so happy with how their look came out. As the bride, I was beyond happy. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and I would recommend any bride getting married in the NYC area work with Margie and her team!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/15/2019

Best decision! You won't be disappointed!

Margie is phenomenal! I couldn't be happier with the look she helped me create for my wedding and I am so grateful to have had her by my side! She is super responsive, professional, and helped calm my nerves on the day of. She was so wonderful when I was running a little behind and still spent the time to make sure my look was perfect before she left. Both my hair and makeup were flawless even after several hours of dancing! I didn't even need to touch it up. My hair held all night and I was super comfortable without feeling all of the bobbie pins. I received so many compliments, and am so thankful for Margie's hard work to make it happen! All of my bridesmaids looked fantastic as well! She's the best! Margie, thank you so much for all that you did and for all of your support that morning!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Cola

Cola · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing team!

I am a wedding hairstylists worst nightmare: I have thin, fine, straight hair and I wanted it half down and curled for my wedding, but Margie and her team did an amazing job. When I went in for my trial she soothed my anxieties right away. She tried my hair 3 different ways and took tons of photos of each from every angle so I could decide later for myself. It was an easy choice - the last style she did, and the one she recommended most for me, was clearly the best. Over the next few months she helped me find extensions that would work for me and my style, advised me on how to guide my bridesmaids into choosing styles, helped me figure out how design my veil, assisted me on scheduling the day, and answered any questions I had immediately. She recreated the look from my trial perfectly for my wedding, it was comfortable, secure, and it lasted throughout the night - which is a truly incredible feat with my hair texture. My wedding day was a bit rainy and my hair didn't frizz or go limp at all, is stayed shiny, smooth and bouncy to the end, even though our very twirly choreographed dance, which had two dips in it, not single hair was out of place. The extensions didn't feel heavy at all and they blended in perfectly with my hair, adding in just a touch of volume that had been lost by the half up look.

She and her team also handled my bridesmaids hair perfectly! I had a very diverse group of ladies, with a huge range of hair textures, lengths, weights and colors, all of them wanted different styles and all of them up-dos. Each woman's hair looked unique and perfectly suited to her, my maid of honor has short hair and had requested a high bun, which did start to come apart by the time dancing rolled around, but she remarked on how light and comfortable it felt throughout the evening. No one had a fried, over teased, hair-sprayed look. Everyones hair looked naturally polished and beautiful.

Thank you so much Margie for making us all look glamorous!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 29
    Truly Happy Beauty 30
    Truly Happy Beauty 31

Madison · Married on 09/22/2018

Margie is the BEST! I knew how I wanted my hair but had a hard time explaining it. Margie was so patient and worked with me until we found exactly what I wanted. She was warm and open and my bridesmaids and I had such a good time getting ready with Margie and her team. And we all looked amazing by the way :) I can't recommend Margie enough--I wish I could give her more stars.

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Jury

Hajir · Married on 09/08/2018

Margie is beyond incredible and I’m so thankful she was there on my wedding day! I left booking a beauty vendor until quite late in the planning proces. In the end I was so lucky to find Truly Happy Beauty especially since I was planning my wedding from Europe and my trial was only a few days before my actual wedding. Margie is such a professional, she’s excellent at responding to emails, as well as great at time keeping. She has a great eye, amazing talent, a calming presence not to mention so much positivity which is needed on the day! Despite already having a long day and early start the next morning, she worked until quite late for our trial to perfect the bridal look. Her approach to trials is great, she starts with the basics and builds up looks from your inspiration while taking photos at significant stages. It helps to get you comfortable, you can see if you want to add a bit more or if it feels like too much then the previous look works as a cut-off point.

On the day, she went above and beyond her job – after finishing my look, she started helping out with finishing our favour tags as we were running behind schedule and she’d already worked another wedding before ours. My hair and makeup were even more beautiful than the trial. She’d created something much more elegant and romantic but also very true to my personality. Both the hair and makeup were flawless even several hours after the wedding finished and with no touch ups! The makeup felt super light and natural, as did my hair which normally doesn’t hold any style for that long. I received so many compliments, my husband thought I looked beautiful and I felt great!

Margie embodies her company’s name perfectly, she’s lovely, hardworking, professional and will strive to make you feel amazing on your wedding day. You won’t be disappointed if you use Truly Happy Beauty.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Amy · Married on 07/10/2018

Seriously, I can not recommend Margie enough. She deserves 10 out of 5 stars! In a destination wedding, flexibility and a calm, problem-solving instead of panicking mindset is crucial! Not only is Margie an incredibly skilled make-up artist and hair stylist, but she is an incredible person, period. It was an honor to have her as part of our Mediterranean Wedding Cruise & Santorini, Greece Wedding Ceremony — we love you Margie!!!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Truly Happy Beauty 36
    Truly Happy Beauty 37
    Truly Happy Beauty 38

KARLA · Married on 07/10/2018

Margie was amazingly professional with great attention to every detail! I've been part of many weddings, and she is by far the best stylist I've ever worked with. Because of her sweet and calming energy, she created a peaceful atmosphere and was very patient with the bride to make sure that she was taken care of on her special day. Margie listened to what we wanted/needed and executed our vision flawlessly. Her skills are top-notch and she will definitely carry out your vision with a smile on her face. Our bridal party ranged in skin tones and hair textures, and she knew how to make each one of us feel beautiful! I cannot recommend her enough; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Melanie Rei

Melanie · Married on 07/01/2018

I feel so lucky to have worked with Margie. I put off researching a stylist for my wedding for a long time, and it was for a few reasons: 1. I was totally clueless about the process; 2. I don't wear makeup, and I'm very fearful about anything being applied near my eyes (I flinch like crazy and my eyes water uncontrollably); 3. I had a very non-traditional idea for hair for myself and my bridesmaids (we all chose styles that were inspired by our favorite sci-fi/fantasy heroines). I was nervous about finding a stylist who would be willing to work with my quirky hair idea and would also be understanding of my fears about makeup application. When I met with Margie for my trial, she got genuinely excited when I told her my hair concept, and she worked slowly and carefully when applying my makeup, adjusting her methods in order to make me feel completely at ease. I loved how natural and beautiful I looked when she was done! On the wedding day, she and her fellow stylist arrived promptly to our hotel, worked hard to keep us all on schedule, and were enthusiastic and cheerful the entire time. Margie even remembered that my sister and I were Star Wars fans, so she surprised us with adorable little Star Wars pouches for us to use for our touch up kits. So thoughtful!! Our hair and makeup lasted the entire day. I felt so confident, and I received tons of compliments about how naturally radiant I looked. I highly recommend Truly Happy Beauty, and would book Margie again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Missy · Married on 06/22/2018

I would recommend Margie and her team to everyone. They were incredible. Margie was always very response, warm and professional over email. I had two trials with her where she patiently tried out different hair styles and make up looks. I don’t wear a lot of makeup usually, so I wanted a natural look for my wedding day. Margie listened and made me feel beautiful and most importantly like myself. She and her team were prepared and stayed on time on the big day through 11 people’s hair and makeup. They were also just lovely people, so fun to get ready with and great company. Her team is so talented – they listened to each person and were able to accommodate different preferences and styles. Everyone left looking glowing and happy.

Sent on 08/11/2018