Marco Beach Ocean Resort Reviews

Marco Beach Ocean Resort 5
Marco Beach Ocean Resort 6

Paul · Married on 06/23/2019

A great experience

Booking it for our anniversary

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Cristel

Cristel · Married on 04/05/2019

Dream Wedding at Marco Beach Ocean Resort

Book your wedding at Marco Beach Ocean Resort! You, your spouse, family and friends won't regret it! I began looking for a venue in September 2018 and thankfully stumbled upon Marco Beach Ocean Resort after a quick google search. Being native New Yorkers, we wanted something very different than the typical NY wedding hall with hundreds of guests. MBOR was the perfect fit for what I imagined my wedding to be - destination, classy, elegant, intimate, charming and overlooking the beautiful March Beach & the Gulf. Me and my Husband's first point of contact was the lovely Lynn Alexander (Director of Sales). She was easy to work with, organized and very accommodating. We knew before we even visited the Hotel that it would be our wedding venue. Lynn made us feel at ease over the phone and with her industry experience and expertise she only solidified our wedding vision. Meeting Lynn to see the venue and to sign the contract was just a technicality at that point. After signing the contract, Lynn put us in touch with Galina Manovska (Manager of Weddings and Special Events & On-site Wedding coordinator). My Husband and I both work on Wall Street & are in the Investment Banking industry. That being said, very few people impress us. Well, Galina fit the bill for everything we would expect from a Wedding Venue Professional and more! Galina is beyond organized, detailed, responsive and of course friendly and easy to work with. She covers every detail of wedding planning with checklists, diagrams and contracts. As most brides are new to wedding planning, Galina leads you in the right direction and ensures no stone is left unturned. Being an out-of-state bride, post meeting Lynn in Oct 2018 I wasn't able to fly down to FL again until my wedding week - April 2019. However, Galina stayed on top of everything and made meeting her the day before my wedding easy. I felt like I knew her for years before I met her! She was just lovely in person and I knew my wedding day would go perfectly under her watch (she runs a tight ship!). To give you some background on our event- my wedding was 55 guests and we decided to get married on the Sunset Terrace (gorgeous location overlooking the beach), cocktail hour indoors in the Toulouse Lounge, dinner reception on the Sunset Terrace and dancing/cake cutting in the ballroom. Lynn and Galina had both provided us with lists of suggested vendors to use (i.e. DJ, lighting, lounge furniture rentals, hair, makeup, photography, videography). However, we were not obligated to use their vendors as long as the vendor you chose had their required paperwork (i.e. insurance etc). Just know that the vendors on their list are the best of Marco Island/Naples! I went with all vendors, with the exception of one. I couldn't have been happier with Galina and Lynn's suggestions. MBOR has 98 suites in total (mix of one & two bedrooms), for our wedding our guests booked a total of 20 one-bedroom suites (majority staying 2-3 nights). Each room was like new with renovations and all having balconies overlooking either the beach, pool, or garden, and all had mini kitchens & keurig machines with complimentary pods! Guests were floored with the beautiful rooms and knew we weren't being frivolous with our hotel choice. Everyone complimented the rooms and were happy they got what they paid for. MBOR even offers turn down service for their pull out couches. And if you have kids, if requested - they will do a turtle turn-down and place mini stuffed turtles on the pull out couch with a background on Marco Island turtles. Now on to the MBOR people, from the staff at the front desk to the gentlemen who greet you at valet/the front door & assist with bags to the guys at the beach/pool- everyone was just so nice and accommodating. I felt like true royalty during my wedding weekend, as did my guests. MBOR staff were respectful, so kind and remembered faces. I got lucky that weekend being the only Bride, but MBOR does not double book and only has one wedding per day (unlike some of their competitors who tend to cater more towards large corporations than brides!). Now on to the food & drinks - we ended up doing welcome drinks the night before our wedding, our wedding reception and then a farewell brunch the next day. You definitely get the value for your money! Although MBOR is not cheap, it is well worth it. You will remember the high quality for your lifetime. Guests were without a doubt impressed. The drinks were nicely made and the food was superb! For the wedding reception multiple guests commented how the wine was wine bar quality and the steak was steakhouse quality. Surprisingly enough, I found time to eat the day of my wedding - home-made ravioli for the pasta dish we selected (delicious, guests raved about it!) and I chose to have the steak, which could be cut with a butter knife! MBOR was also not cheap on drinks, our guests left full and with a nice buzz (and perhaps some/many were happily drunk). Galina will introduce you to the banquet manager ahead of your ceremony so you know who will be taking over once she leaves...yes Galina has to go home some time :-)...Even the Banquet manager was super sweet and accommodating. And also there bright and early for Brunch service the next day! I can't say enough positive things about the whole MBOR team and the venue itself. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. We will definitely be back to celebrate our anniversary(s)!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Becki

Becki · Married on 02/18/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

From the moment I stepped into the lobby I knew this was where I had to have my wedding. The venue is absolutely stunning! I had my initial tour with Lynn who was very helpful and informative and my further interactions were primarily with Galina who serves as the in house event coordinator. Galina is on top of her game - sending weekly emails with questions and reminders and quickly responding to any emails I sent her. I planned my whole wedding from Maryland and I was very concerned that something would go wrong or that I was forgetting something but the entire weekend went without a single hiccup!!! We had a beach ceremony that was short, sweet and beautiful and then moved to the terrace for cocktail hour and dinner and the ballroom for cake and dancing. The food was FANTASTIC; I think every single guest applauded the taste and service of the hors d'oeuvres, dinner, and ice cream! The entire wedding weekend could not have been better.

We also had a farewell brunch the following morning. Once again, the service was great and the buffet was excellent. Our guests once again applauded the food, service and VIEWS!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 7
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 8
  • Adina

Adina · Married on 10/21/2018

Magical wedding

You will not regret having your wedding here. Our entire day was magical. The staff, the food, the atmosphere…I can't say enough good things. Galina, the onsite Manager for Weddings, was impeccable. She was with me every step of the way and took the reigns the last few weeks leading up to the wedding. She coordinated with my vendors and made sure everything happened smoothly and on time. This place is magnificent. You will have a day that your guests will always remember.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 08/18/2018

August 18,2018 wedding

Where to start. This place was breath taking and the team was amazing. Everything was perfect the planning process was very easy even from 2 hours away. Galina the coordinator helped me every step of the way and was flexible through all the request and changes last min. I truly am great full for all this location did for us.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Christine · Married on 06/01/2018

My husband and I are so happy we discovered Marco Beach Ocean Resort (MBOR) and chose this perfect venue for our wedding. The resort is beautiful; the view is breathtaking; the staff are friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating; and the food is absolutely delicious. We met Lynn, the director of sales at MBOR, when we were in the process of searching for our wedding venue, and she had us hooked on MBOR after the first meeting. The personal, tailored, attentive, and accommodating service we experienced at our first meeting with Lynn was a theme that the MBOR delivered on throughout our entire experience. Galina was our wedding coordinator, and we were so blessed to have her support. She meticulously took care of every detail and ensured a perfect experience so my husband and I, along with our guests, could relax and enjoy our special day. Many thanks to Lynn, Galina, and the entire staff at MBOR (everyone from the front desk to the restaurant, bar, pool, and beach) for taking such good care of us and our guests.

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 9
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 10
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 11
    Marco Beach Ocean Resort 12
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 11/03/2017

We have been going to Marco Island for summer vacations since we met and we thought, what a perfect place to get married. We went venue shopping over the course of a few weekends and we went to Marco Beach Ocean Resort and fell in love with it. It's the most beautiful place in Marco Island to have your dream wedding. We loved everything about the property, it's greenery, it's elegant style, but most importantly the wedding team. They are the absolute best and most professional people I have had the pleasure to work with. Galina, their event coordinator, always went above and beyond my expectations. She was very responsive and the best part is she pays attention to detail, so that everything can be perfect on your wedding day. From the moment we started planing the wedding until today, I am convinced they are the best. I couldn't have been happier working with anyone else. Galina made the whole planning experience pleasant and efficient, which is very hard to find. Additionally their Director of Sales, Lynn was excellent to work with as well. She helped negotiate the contract fairly with us, ensuring both sides were satisfied. Their catering team was incredibly professional and helpful. The food quality and presentation was excellent and I had many of the guests give complements. These are the best people to work with because they treat you as family and make you feel special, which is what we all want on our wedding day. They are able to do this because they only host one wedding per day. This is a key factor in getting the personal attention and service you desire and expect on your wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2017

My family has been vacationing in Marco Island, Florida for the last 30 years- the island is pure magic. When my husband and I decided to get married on Marco Island, we knew the Marco Beach Ocean Resort was the place. The resort is built on superior customer service and pleasing guests. The service, the food, rooms, staff, all incredible! And best of all, the resort has prime access to the beautiful beach and crystal ocean waters.

When we met with the wedding team, Lynn and Galina, we knew our wedding was in good hands. Lynn worked with our budget and offered us the best package for what we wanted. She was nice, understanding, and a true professional. She was flexible and accommodating, and trustworthy.

Galina, our wedding coordinator (employee of the MBOR) was AMAZING. Her communication and guidance through our 9 mos of planning was fun and there was very minimal stress. She was a trusted partner, kind, professional, and genuine. It is hard to find good people that will work hard for you, but she is one of the BEST there is. I could not have done all of the planning alone- she was an incredible value-add to us!

I always worried that the stress and money that goes into a wedding would take the fun out of it, but I can honestly tell you that I enjoyed the process and it was money well spent. I can't believe my husband and I had the wedding we did. The MBOR staff really listened to our wants and needs and gave us the wedding of our dreams.

All around, the MBOR is a place we will call home again soon. I encourage all brides who are getting married on Marco Island to look into this option. They only have one wedding per day, the team is so easy to work with, and they take great care of you. This was one of the best decisions my husband and I have ever made!

Details about the Wedding:
    - Ceremony on the Sale e Pepe terrace
    - Cocktail hour on the beach
    - Reception on the Sale e Pepe terrace
    - After Party in the Toulouse Lounge

Sent on 08/14/2017

paloma · Married on 05/08/2017

It was a dream come true.. This is a perfect place i mean PERFECT! Staff were so friendly, humbled, amazing, friendly people who were by my side at all times... LOVED IT!!

Sent on 05/10/2017
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our wedding here. It was so beautiful and we couldnt have asked for anything more. Galina and the staff there are so thorough and so accommodating. Their spa is awesome, the beach is awesome (food and drinks served there are so so good), the restaurant (Sale e Pepe) is beyond delicious, and everything is just perfect. We plan to go back every year for vacation now because we loved it so much. We had actually mever been there prior to our wedding week and they blew us away. It's a little pricey (like everything on Marco) but it's worth it. Just go a little off busy season and you're good to go. Highly recommend mbor for your wedding or vacation!!

Sent on 05/19/2017

andrea · Married on 02/26/2017

So far the best experience! Food is great

Sent on 09/26/2016

Alex · Married on 12/10/2016

Cannot say enough good things about the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. Our wedding on December 10th was absolutely PERFECT. Galina, our onsite coordinator, was so organized and professional and overall amazingly sweet person. She made the wedding planning process as stress-free as possible and had every detail covered. And unlike some of the bigger resorts, there is only one wedding on your day so Galina and all the staff can focus completely on YOU! The venue itself was gorgeous and all of the staff the day of the wedding very helpful and professional. And I haven't even mentioned the food -- delicious. Our guests are still raving about it. We looked at a lot of venues in the Marco Island/Naples area and by far, the Marco Beach Ocean Resort was the most attentive and impressive. You will NOT be disappointed if you select this amazing spot for your special day. LOVED EVERYTHING!

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/09/2016

I can't even being to explain how perfect our wedding was. MBOR was the perfect location. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the food was beyond amazing, the views from the resort were spectacular, the ballroom/terrace was the perfect place to hold the dinner and dancing, and the beach is just picture perfect. Galina, the onsite wedding coordinator was beyond what I thought a wedding coordinator could be. I swear I emailed her more than once a week for months and she was always more than happy to help with however big or small my question or concern may have been. She would send diagrams and checklists. Galina has her ish together and she will inspire you to get yours together too :) She will definitely make sure your day goes as planned! I can't say enough about MBOR and Galina!

Sent on 11/13/2016
  • Alaa

Alaa · Married on 05/28/2016

I'm not sure where to even begin.. Choosing MBOR was an easy decision from the first time we had contact. Galina(the wedding coordinator) was absolutely amazing!! Her attention to detail, patience, and responsiveness made the whole destination wedding process so stress free. We were truly privileged to have her and the entire staff be a part of our wedding. Any vendor I contacted had nothing but GREAT things to say about Galina-word of mouth says a lot. She and the team lived up to every expectation and then some. The venue is absolutely breath-taking. The staff is attentive to the entire wedding and guests. We have heard many times from guests that this was the BEST wedding/venue they've been to and the food was AMAZING!!!!! Both rehearsal and the wedding went without a hitch because Galina was always proactive and organized about everything. We emailed and talked frequently throughout the almost 1 year process and I will miss our regular talks. She is absolutely wonderful and was more than just a wedding coordinator. As many vendors have told us, we were "very lucky to have Galina" on our side. We can't wait to be back for our anniversary!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Wedding 5/21/16-We can't even begin to describe how happy we were with our wedding at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We have been working with Galina over the past year to put together our dream destination wedding and we couldn't be happier with the results. Our guests could not stop commenting about how beautiful everything looked, how great the food was and the exceptional level of service that they received. Galina went above and beyond to meet our expectations and to make sure that the day flowed perfectly. Eduardo was our bartender--everyone raved about how kind and respectful he was the entire evening. He knew everyone's drink orders without asking and always had a smile on his face. The bellmen were extremely helpful the entire week were there, helping us bring boxes and decorations down to Galina and deliver welcome bags to all of the rooms. I highly recommend this resort, not only for a wedding but also for a relaxing vacation. We can't wait to come back again for an anniversary trip!

Sent on 05/27/2016

A · Married on 05/14/2016

Marco Island (MI) is our home so hosting our daughter’s wedding on the beach, which for many brides is a very desirable destination location, was just assumed for us. If you want a MI beach wedding, there really are only a few properties to look at. They all had pros and cons... furniture, carpet, a room's configuration you don't like. You tend to look beyond these things and just make it work. It’s only once you begin working and planning with the selected property’s staff, that you begin to really appreciate the decision you made concerning location. MBOR is a beautiful property - the terrace & beach most especially. However, it was their staff: Lynn Alexander, Galina Manovska and Ivo Lulov that truly helped us create and execute our daughter's spectacular wedding. Galina, the Wedding Coordinator, has earned a Regional reputation of excellence among vendors. She earned it with us as well. It was this team’s calmness, attention to detail, patience through menu selections, food tastings and bar decisions, and their kindness and sincere passion for their work that I valued most. They did their best to ensure we all were happy and satisfied. On the wedding day, staff worked efficiently folding napkins, steaming linens, setting tables , directing third party vendors. They transposed organized chaos into a spectacular sight. Throughout the night, if issues came up, they addressed them professionally and quickly; smoothly executing our agreed upon timeline. The food was plated as if it was being served at their Sale e Pepe Restaurant. Our entrée choices each received rave reviews; all skillfully prepared by Chef Cody Wiggen. The accounting end of our event was dealt with fairly and offered what we believe was excellent value. So brides, if you are looking for a spectacular venue for your MI beach wedding, we cannot recommend the MBOR more highly. Thank you Lynn, Galina and Ivo. You were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/01/2016

maarja · Married on 04/10/2016

My husband and I got married April 10, 2016 at Marco Beach Ocean Resort - and it was absolutely perfect! Such a stunning wedding venue with indoor/outdoor spaces, amazing (AMAZING) food, and spectacular customer service. Planning the wedding from Minnesota was an adventure. A lot of vendors I booked without meeting/seeing them. But I was able to go to Marco for a long weekend in February. I walked through the Marco Beach Ocean Resort lobby and was blown away by the kind and helpful staff - the bell hops, the front desk, concierge, everyone! We had our tasting at Sale e Pepe and were highly impressed. My parents gave rave reviews. When we arrived for the wedding, it just got better and better. It was the perfect backdrop to celebrate on the beach with 92 guests. We got married on the beach, followed by a cocktail hour on the beach, then dinner on the terrace, and dancing in the ballroom. It was magical. The wedding coordinator at MBOR, Galina Manovska, was extremely helpful to me. She’s super organized, a great communicator, and full of information - plus, she’s charming! I’m so thankful we had her expertise! The Hewitts can’t wait to make an anniversary trip back!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Sharon · Married on 12/29/2015

From the initial contact, we knew The Marco Beach Ocean Resort was the perfect location for our destination wedding. Lynn Alexander was our initial contact and she was extremely responsive and helpful. Galina Manovska, the wedding coordinator, was incredibly organized and responsive, and made planning the wedding from afar simple. She knows everyone on the island and all of the best vendors and is more than willing to assist in any way she can. She’s simply the best at her job!
    The venue is gorgeous and was an amazing place to have our beach ceremony. We had our cocktail hour on the terrace with a stunning view of the sunset and the food from Sale e Pepe was delicious.
    Overall, our experience was wonderful and we’d highly recommend The Marco Beach Ocean Resort.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

I was worried from day one about everything going smoothly on my big day. If you want to know that everything will be perfect this is the place to get married. Galina was so spectacular to work with. I can't say enough good things about her. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Dena · Married on 11/06/2015

The Marco Beach Ocean Resort was the perfect location for our destination wedding. Galina the wedding coordinator was incredibly organized and responsive, and made planning the wedding from afar a breeze. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, and I adore all of the pictures we got from the grounds there. The terrace was a perfect spot for cocktail hour, and my guests had a blast dancing the night away in the gulf ballroom. The hotel was intimate enough to feel like I spent a lot of time with my guests at the beach and the pool. The rooms are a perfect size, and the hospitality of all the hotel staff is 5 star. We cannot wait to return to the resort on vacation. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 12/04/2015

They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and it was even though we had a little rain and wind they adapted and made the day better then even imaginable.

Sent on 11/04/2015

We had our wedding here on 9/26 and utilized the terrace for the ceremony and Sale e Pepe for the wedding dinner. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. We used their preferred vendor list for the items we needed and they provided any assistance we needed along the way. The onsite wedding coordinator also took the vendor info I had and arranged the deliveries and set ups for each taking a huge workload away from us.

The restaurant staff was extremely friendly and polite. They served our large group all at once. It was a nice added touch to have all the waitstaff at the table and serve everyone at the same time with a queue from the Lead Waiter. The food was excellent. One person who attended our wedding already recommended the resort for their friend's wedding that they are just beginning to plan.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Kimberly · Married on 07/02/2015

The most fabulous place to have a wedding! Our wedding was so beautiful and stress free! The staff was wonderful, food was fabulous, and the ceremony was better than I could have ever dreamed!

Sent on 07/25/2015

They were the best! From beginning to end, with every detail! Were eager to push back or start early the ceremony on the beach to avoid any rain. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/29/2015