Mansion on Forsyth Park Reviews

Rating 4.5 out of 5, 69 Reviews
View more information

• Carney
    Carney S. Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful venue, great food and wonderful service all around!

I had a great experience working with the Mansion on planning my wedding. The venue is absolutely beautiful and everyone I dealt with at the Mansion was helpful and professional. Krysti was the event coordinator that I worked with. She was very responsive and helped my husband and I plan a menu that fit within our budget. Krysti coordinated with the chef to make adjustments to the menu that we requested and all I heard from our guests was how great the food was! I was very satisfied with my experience in planning my reception with Krysti and I was very happy with the event itself. I would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding reception.
  • Christa
    Christa J. Married on 09/07/2019

Simply, the best!!

Exceeded our expectations in every way. The food, the ballroom, the service, the location--all was outstanding! They accommodated our requests, even when they had never such things done before (ex. a bourbon bar, a putt-putt area). And did I mention that they put all of this together one day after the town returned from a hurricane evacuation? HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Our wedding day was truly memorable.
  • O
    Olivia R. Married on 08/31/2019

Incredible

I can not say enough positive things about the Mansion on Forsyth Park! My whole experience working with the Mansion leading up to my wedding was nothing but excellent and professional. Everyone at the Mansion made my day so perfect.
  • Alex
    Alex Z. Married on 04/05/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding reception at the Mansion at Forsyth Park! Krysti and all of her team are incredible, and made sure all of our needs were met every step of the way. The atmosphere there is a one of a kind experience, and makes for the perfect reception venue.
    Melissa Married on 09/17/2017
    Heather did all of my bridal party’s hair and makeup including myself for my wedding. She made everyone look absolutely gorgeous! She is very talented and has a beautiful personality. I highly recommend her to anyone!
    Laura Married on 03/24/2017
    I don't even know where to start. I cant thank everyone at the Mansion on Forsyth Park enough for making my wedding day so special. Christine was professional, responsive, and all around amazing. She went above and beyond and answered any question or concern I possibly had. The ceremony and reception space was beautiful not to mention the entire hotel! The food was great and everyone had a blast. I'm so sad its now over but, I definitely will be back! Thank you for everything!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 10/08/2016
    I could not have been more pleased working with the Mansion. Blair is their event coordinator and she is seriously amazing. They cater to every detail to make your day amazing. The food is wonderful and I loved all of the options I was given. I can't thank Blair and her staff enough for helping us plan an amazing event.
    Patti Married on 03/25/2016
    I don't even know where to begin! From the moment I arrived at The Mansion, several days before our wedding, I was treated like a Queen! They stored all of our wedding supplies! Our room was exquisite and we were ALWAYS greeted by a friendly person. The Mansion has the BEST staff! Every person we encountered went out of their way to greet us, smile and strike up conversation. Our wedding day exceeded my expectations!! The property itself is spectacular and the ball room is fabulous!!! Our guests raved about the atmosphere and decor. Cocktail hour was not only gorgeous, but a wonderful introduction to the reception...the appetizers and cocktails were flowing and our guests were treated like royalty! When dinner was served, it kept with the amazing pace, as dinner was delicious!!! Thank you to all who made our day one to remember and truly magical!
    Erica Married on 03/05/2016
    I don't even know where to begin. We had our destination wedding in Savannah, GA. It was the first venue I looked at when I went down for site visits in 2015 with my mother. It was hard not to fall in love with it at first glance (but I did anyway). The ceremony site in the marble courtyard was stunning and the reception hall looked absolutely gorgeous on our wedding day. I couldn't be happier. Blair Simpson, our event coordinator, was professional, fun and easy to work with. She kept us updated and communicated with us through the entire process. Most importantly, she was patient in dealing with us as we were planning a wedding from out of town. The staff at the Mansion was amazing as well and catered to our every need. Shout out to the culinary staff as the food was out of this world. Every guest raved about the apps as well as the main course. We truly loved everything about our day at the Mansion and would do it all over again and again.
  • User2410310 2+ years ago
    The services provided were outstanding, Leslie went above and beyond to make our daughters wedding come of without a hitch!
  • User2428242 2+ years ago
    I had my wedding at the Mansion and I cannot recommend it more. Leslie Harbin was incredibly helpful during my entire wedding planning process and the quality of service we received exceeded all of my expectations. The food was incredible and the ballroom looked like something out of a fairy tale. I would recommend the Mansion on Forsyth Park to anyone looking to get married in Savannah.
    Jackie Married on 04/10/2015
    Everything was amazing! We did have a couple of hiccups before the big day but Blair was amazing and put my mind at ease and everything was taken care of. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer and the valet, we made fast friends with one of the valet. His name starts with a D and I know he's joining the Navy. He's so kind and I'm sorry for not remembering his name but anyway. The Mansion exceeded our expectations and are so happy with everything.
  • User2323496 2+ years ago
    The mansion is absolutely beautiful. It has always been one of our favorite places in Savannah. We couldn't think of a more perfect location for our reception. The service was great, we did have a couple issues leading up due to turnover in a couple positions, but everything worked out and the staff were so professional and accommodating. Blair was so great to work with and so accommodating. Most of our out of town family stayed at the mansion for the weekend and the service was great and everyone the roughly enjoyed their stay. The rooms are gorgeous and so unique. The food for our reception was outstanding, friends and family are still talking about it months later! I also had my bridal luncheon in Oke of the private rooms upstairs at the restaurant which was beautiful and the food was delicious. the wait staff and bartenders were amazing and were so accommodating to all our guests. it was truly an amazing experience for our wedding weekend.
    Amanda Married on 11/14/2014
    The Mansion location is absolutely stunning! We had our ceremony in the courtyard under the stunning white tent and chandelier and the reception in the Venetian Ballroom. The venue is so gorgeous on its own you don't need much decor! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. The food was spectacular, all the guests gave compliments! Leslie and Brandi were both a pleasure to work with!
    Sherhonda Married on 08/16/2014
    Staff very friendly and professional. Would definitely return. The grounds were absolutely beautiful for the wedding. Catering was AMAZING!
    Betsy Married on 07/12/2014
    Leslie and her staff were fantastic. Our wedding was everything I hoped for. The venue was magnificent and everyone at the hotel was so accommodating to us and all of our guests. The food was also delicious. Everything went according to plan. I could not of asked for anything more. Perfection!!
    Taren Married on 09/21/2013
    My dream wedding was held in Sept. 2013 at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. This venue was beyond what I imagined it would be; breathtakingly beautiful and the staff, particularly, the Event Service Manager, Charnay Westbrook, was beyond amazing. Charnay had great customer service and followed through on every request and inquiry. The service and attention to detail exceeded my expectations. They made our day special and stress-free. The catering staff was absolutely superb. The food and wait staff was a pleasure to work with. The food was very flavorful and presented well. The wait staff was extremely attentive and had great customer service.
  • User974632 2+ years ago
    Food was excellent, the filet is the best anyone had ever tasted.
    Melissa Married on 08/04/2012
    We scouted this place out in 2011 for our wedding and fell in love with it. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are luxurious, the beds are comfy, and the staff is very attentive. Needless to say, we decided on the Mansion for our wedding.
    We stayed 3 days for the wedding and our entire party loved the place as well. Effie was our wedding coordinator and was a joy to work with. The staff were very flexible and accomidating for any requests.
    We dined at 700 Drayton for breakfast and the shrimp and grits are not to be missed. The staff at breakfast left a little to be desired for, they were SO slow, but 700 Drayton also catered our wedding and the food and the servers were fabulous.
    We had drinks at both bars/lounges and the bar staff weren't the most attentive initially, but once you got an order in, they were quick to keep check on the levels and ask if you wanted another.
    Valet service was hit and miss, we had several errands to run and had the car out a few times, some times the car was brought to us immediately, others it took 5-10 mins, which is a lot considering the parking is right behind the hotel.
    Rooms were clean and spacious, all 5 guest rooms that our party had booked had different layouts and color schemes, splurge for a park view it's so nice.
    Overall, we love this hotel and of course it will always hold a fond memory for us, but I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic get away or a luxurious weekend. The location to the park is wonderful, one of the trolley's has a stop right outside the hotel, and are close to numerous little cafes.

• Christina
    Christina Married on 03/24/2012
    They did an amazing job for our wedding!! It is a little pricey but I wouldn't have changed a thing!!
    Dayna Married on 03/03/2012
    Jeannie Green is fantastic. She was there for me through the 6 months of planning our wedding ceremony and reception - she was responsive, flexible and was completely understanding as we had to "roll with the punches" of wedding planning. I had a day-of coordinator as part of the intimate package we purchased, and the Mansion uses Tricia Huddas who was also great. The banquet staff was great - Cassandra and her team were completely on the ball. Our entrees lagged a little in the kitchen, but keep in mind we were using the upstairs galeries. Food was outstanding. Completely recommend, hands down and beautiful location, great service and good value.
    Maureen Married on 02/25/2012
    My reception dinner was actually held in the adjoining restaurant at 700 Drayton but I dealt with Candice, the catering manager at the Mansion on Forsyth. She was great, patient (even when I changed everything at last minute) and went beyond what I needed and paid for. She even got me Chivari chairs when it was outside my budget. She made everything so easy and smooth going. The catering itself was out of this world, the food was unbelievably delicious. 5 stars all the way.
    Julie Married on 01/07/2012
    We just had our wedding at the Mansion and everything was perfect. They were very attentive to our requests and needs. Not one thing went wrong throughout the planning or day. Jeannie was great to work with and all the staff at the hotel was very accommodating. They made not only us but all that attended the wedding feel very special. I would expect that, however, for such a nice and pricey place. It was definitely worth the money.
    Kimberly Married on 09/17/2011
    This was by far one of my favorite vendors! We had our cocktail reception in the courtyard followed by our reception in the ballroom. Everything was flawless, gorgeous and hassle-free! You are not able to bring in outside catering, however, there food was terrific (we had plated dinners) and offered plenty of selection for our guests. I would recommend this venue without a doubt!!!
    Kristin Married on 07/16/2011
    The Mansion was the perfect setting for my husband and I's wedding. The space is beautiful and all the artwork makes it even more beautiful! The food was delicious and service excellent. All the guests raved about the food quality and beauty of the ballroom. I can't recommend the Mansion enough!!