Mansion at Timber Point Reviews

72 | Great River, NY

72 Reviews for Mansion at Timber Point

72 Mansion at Timber Point Reviews

vanessa · Married on 07/27/2018

Got married on 7/27/18 and everything was absolutely perfect. When we first met Maureen we knew she would be such an easy going and helpful person to work with. She knew how to answer every question and was always quick to respond when needed. She even gave us her personal cell number to call when she’d be away or for any other issues we needed answers to. The day of was better than we could’ve imagined. We had Matt as our main Maitre’d and he was great. Checked in as needed and took care of everything. My family were very pleased with him as well for checking in and helping them out. The only recommendation I would give is to make sure you have the maitre d communicate with the other vendors, it’ll save time for everyone and be more productive for you in the beginning when you have a lot of people to chat with. The rest of the staff was absolutely amazing as well. Special thank you to my bridal attendant Nico and the other staff for literally sewing my bustle after it broke 10 minutes in and helping my mother in law with her wardrobe issues. My guests also raved about the food and the waiter parades that would deliver the sit down dinner at the exact time at each table, very cool! Such an amazing night. Thank you Timber Point for an unforgettable experience!!!

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2018

This place is awesome! My husband and I had been to a few events at Timber Point before booking our wedding here but we did not know how amazing the staff would be. It all started with Maureen in the sales office who booked the venue with us. She was always willing to answer any and all of our questions, no matter how silly they seemed, and was very quick with her responses. On our wedding day, my husband and I were both greeted by the maitre'd and bridal attendant. Any questions we had were quickly answered and any concerns we brought up were quickly addressed and fixed. The maitre'd was so well organized, we even had time to spare before our ceremony to allow for some late stragglers to arrive! The entire wedding night went so smoothly and the staff was so attentive to not only us, but to all of our guests. We could not be more grateful to the staff at Timber Point for insuring that our wedding day was so very special. Thank you all!

• Bridget

Bridget · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding reception at Timber Point, and we still can't get over how attentive, professional, and friendly each member of the team was (not to mention how utterly gorgeous the venue is). Our wedding planning process spanned three states (our current location, my husband's home state, and -- of course -- New York). From the very beginning, Maureen could not have been more helpful and easy to work with. Between answering emails immediately to welcoming visits whenever I was in town and working closely with my parents to coordinate the day, Maureen is an absolute model of professionalism and kindness; we knew we could trust her completely with every last detail. On the day of our reception, our maître d', Matthew, and bridal attendant, Nicolette, saw to every last need. I am still in awe of their energy and attention in ensuring that the evening ran smoothly and that my husband and I always had what we needed throughout the night. We felt like we and our guests were truly cared for by them and the rest of the staff that night, and knowing that they had everything under control took away so much stress that day! And, of course, the mansion, grounds, and food are all wonderful. We already cherish the memories of having our first dance on the patio, playing cornhole on the lawn, a bagpipe band marching onto the dance floor before it opened, and dancing the night away with so many people we love. Thanks to the Timber Point team for helping to make June 23, 2018 a day we will always remember with so much joy!

Mansion at Timber Point 1
    Mansion at Timber Point 2
    Mansion at Timber Point 3
    Mansion at Timber Point 4
    Mansion at Timber Point 5

Lauren · Married on 03/30/2018

From start to finish, The Mansion at Timber Point exceeded our expectations. Planning a wedding is a huge undertaking, and planning a wedding from afar (we live in Florida) is even a bigger undertaking. The Mansion at Timber Point, and the Lessing's company itself, made it a breeze and very enjoyable. Maureen was so extremely helpful from the beginning. She was always an email or phone call away and went above and beyond her call of duty. The entire staff day of made it seamless and easy. There was not a single complaint that I could think of. The food is amazing, and the choices are plentiful. I would not imagine having a wedding anywhere else. Thank you for everything!

• F

Francesca · Married on 12/02/2017

Magical!!!! So beautiful, warm and welcoming. These are just a few of the compliments we received about Timber Point. It was everything we expected and more and we can't say it enough. I would never choose another venue outside of Lessings. This is the second wedding in my immediate family that was planned through Lessings. Both experiences were amazing. Great food, great staff, and gorgeous venues. Maureen, you were so wonderful and sweet. Thank you for helping us and for the constant communication. You made our decisions that much easier. Married a week and we are still receiving compliments from our guests about the venue, food, staff and overall service. Jake, a special thank you for taking care of us all night and for making sure I had my refill of wine. Our day was perfect because of all of you. We will never forget it. Thank you once again for all the hard work and effort. We wish you all continuous success and a wonderful holiday season! Ralph & Francesca ❤️

Mansion at Timber Point 6
    Mansion at Timber Point 7

Lloyd · Married on 07/23/2017

Fantastic customer service, they were very accommodating for special needs and the setup for the wedding service, cocktail hour and reception was everything we expected and wanted. Maitre'D was extremely attentive as well as the brides attendant and waitresses.

Meagan · Married on 07/01/2017

Maureen Maureen Maureen! Throughout the whole wedding planning process from the first look at the venue till the end of the wedding night, Maureen was my rock! She is worth booking at Timber Point alone! Everytime I walked into Timber Point I always felt happy and that feeling never went away on my wedding day. The ambiance, the food, the staff were all outstanding. Jet and Nicolette were our best friends throughout the entire night. They were so attentive to our every need and helped us throughout the night with everything. I could go on and on about how amazing my experience with Timber Point was and I would ABSOLUTELY recomend everyone to plan their weddings there. I can not thank Maureen, Jet and Nicolette enough for making our special day so fantastic and memorable.

• User5467562 · 1+ year ago

I am getting married at the mansion on April 9th! My fiance and I worked with Maureen. From the moment we arrived, she was pleasant and personable. We absolutely loved the venue. I wasn't sure at first, but it was different and beautiful. Maureen knew we were on a budget and gave us an absolutely great price. This isn't a banquet hall and definitely worth checking out if you are exploring other options in long island. Ask for Maureen!

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 11/12/2016

I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about the amazing staff of Timber Point! From the first day I walked into this venue I knew I wanted to get married here! I met with Maureen who from start to finish is the picture of professionalism and is just the kindest, most accommodating and supportive person! Any bride knows the stress and struggles of planning a wedding and Maureen was never more than an email, phone call or text message away. She listened always with a helpful ear and I loved receiving emails from her asking for updates along the way. It made me feel like my wedding was as important to her as it was to me and reminded me that she was never far from reach of I needed her or had any questions.

Fast forward to the day of my wedding, Julio our maitre D' could have not pulled off a more flawless event-- what a kind and sweet man! Julio and his team made my husband and I feel like royalty the day of our wedding. Our cups were never empty and there wasn't a single detail not tended to. Julio you were a dream to work with and such a calming presence amidst my jumble of nerves that day-- thank you for being everything i could have hoped for and more!

It's been 4 months since our wedding on 11/12/16 and we continue to hear nothing but wonderful comments from our guests about everything: the food, the decor, the friendliness of the staff, and how warm, inviting and comfortable the space was. I truly do not have a single complaint and I am so happy that we chose Timber Point. Thank you for making our day perfect!!

Kathryn · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I were married at The Mansion at Timber Point on 10/29/16. Our initial meeting with Maureen was different from every other venue appointment that we had attended. She immediately put us at ease, answered all of our questions thoroughly, and pretty much read our minds. My husband and I quickly developed an inside joke that Maureen was the best salesperson who had ever lived, and we believe that to this day. She was responsive, reassuring, and flexible throughout all of our planning. Maureen also made it a point to check in with us when we arrived at the venue for our wedding. She was consistently thoughtful, warm, and gracious! Timber Point was such a beautiful venue that offered us so many options at a reasonable price. We had the time of our lives there during our wedding ceremony and reception, thanks to the incredible staff. Our maître d', Julio, quickly repaired a groomsman's shoes when they pretty much imploded just minutes before the ceremony. My mother made multiple comments about how our bridal attendant, Nicolette, flawlessly managed all the details. I would recommend this venue to anyone, but I reserve my highest recommendation for the staff. They truly gave us a beautiful wedding that we will remember always.

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2016

If you haven't picked a venue yet, pick Timber Point! We worked with Miriam and from the moment we met her, we were thrilled. Miriam helped us make so many decisions and was there for us throughout the whole process. On the day of our wedding, the staff at Timber Point was amazing. We were taken care of from the moment we stepped out of the limo with champagne waiting for us and our own staff to attend to our personal needs. Everything was done to perfection and our guests were blown away by the service and the food. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the setting at Timber Point was and how incredible the food was. We missed our cocktail hour taking pictures and when we came up to our bridal suite there were platters of food from downstairs waiting for us so we could eat too. We also didn't get to each much at our reception but were sent home with 3 entrees so we could eat at the hotel if we were hungry which we did and it was fantastic. I can't say enough about Timber Point and their staff. They truly made our wedding day the best day ever and we are so happy we picked Timber Point!

Karen · Married on 09/11/2016

Timber point was amazing! We had our wedding on 9-11-2016 and the staff was beyond amazing. The catering my husband and I received left us both speechless! Everything went smooth because of the staff and there isn't enough words to express how thankful we are to them.

Sara · Married on 07/15/2016

When we walked into the mansion we knew that would be the place we got married. It was beautiful and Maureen was so easy to work with. Planning was super simple, the staff answered all of my questions via email in a timely manner. The day of was absolutely perfect! Our Maitre D', Julio and our bridal attendant, Danielle, were absolutely amazing and attentive, not only to my husband and me but our parents and bridal party as well. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

Our Wedding was on 7.2.16 & I can't begin to explain how perfect it was. From the very beginning the process was so fun & every time we would go to Timber Point for planning, we'd get butterflies! Maureen was amazing at helping us to plan- from advising us on what add-ons were necessary/ unnecessary to helping as to add fun & personal DIY touches to our day to recommending great vendors. Julio & Monica were a delight the day of- they were both so professional & by the end of the night we felt like they were old friends. My guests seemed to really love the bartenders as well! From the beautiful rustic charm of the venue to the accommodating staff, I was recommend this venue to anyone!

Great experience and value for my wife and I. Food was excellent and the party itself was off the hook.

The minute I walked into Mansion at Timber Point I was in love. Then we talked to Miriam. She sold us on the venue and the Lessings experience. She was a delight to work with and answered all of my crazy cockamamie emails about ridiculous bridal nightmares. On the day of my wedding, we pulled up and Julio our maitre'd was there at the door waiting to get us whatever we wanted. Julio and his staff were attentive not only to us and our families, but to all of our guests. Sarah, our bridal attendant was incredible and set up my decor exactly as I wanted it to look. Our guests still go on about the food they ate and how full they were after cocktail hour but dinner was too good for them not to eat. We would recommend Mansion at Timber Point a million times over to everyone!

My husband and I planned a day to visit venues and TPCC was our first place to go. We knew immediately that it was the perfect choice for our Fall 2015 wedding. We worked with Miriam throughout the process. She went above and beyond to help us create the most perfect wedding. She even helped us budget, suggested food options that make sense for guests, and worked with us on prices of upgrades. She was always available to answer questions and give feedback through e-mail. I worried very little about the venue because I knew we were in good hands.
    On the wedding day, my attendant was Danielle. She took my decor direction with ease and arranged everything perfectly, even better than I imagined. She was always available to help me and took the time to pack up everything for me when it was over, and even helped load up my dad's truck. She was great. My Maitre D, Julio, was a pleasure to work with. I love that he made sure we enjoyed the chocolate fountain alone, away from guests for a quiet intimate moment. He made sure everything ran smoothly and was extremely personable to us and our immediate families.
    The food was absolutely fantastic. Guests were raving about our choices for cocktail hour and scarfed down their dinners. Our salmon was tasty, steak was juicy, and chicken was tender inside that yummy puff pastry.
    Overall, great experience and would highly recommend to others!! Thank you Timber Point!

Laura · Married on 08/28/2015

My husband and I saw about 10 venues before we decided on TP - once we walked inside we knew it was the perfect fit for us. We loved that TP had the intimate feel of a house and a natural setting on the Great South Bay. Miriam was our banquet manager - she was so sweet and accommodating! My mom did all the decorations herself and we had lots of unique touches, but Miriam helped our vision come to life and never said "No" to anything. Our maitre'd Jake and bridal attendant made my husband and I feel like a king and queen - they were attentive and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't believe how efficiently the staff worked! The guests still can not stop raving about how beautiful the venue was.

Tracey · Married on 05/02/2015

We had our wedding at Timber Point in May 2015 and it was the perfect night! Since it was early May, it was still a bit chilly, but we managed to have a beautiful outdoor ceremony on the back patio overlooking the golf course and the water right around sunset. After that, our guests were treated to a fantastic cocktail hour with tons of options, and a few extra stations that we had chosen. The food all around was delicious! Finally, we had a perfect dinner and reception, lit up nicely with the color-changing up-lighting which added so much to the atmosphere! The staff was extremely attentive with my husband and I, consistently checking in with us and helping us enjoy our night as much as possible. I also have to mention Miriam, who helped us plan our day from beginning to end, and who treated us like family from the start. She was super helpful, friendly, and gave us great recommendations for food and ideas for decor to make our wedding extra personal.
    I highly recommend Timber Point, as it is a beautiful venue, has great food, great staff, and is VERY affordable! Without them, I am not sure we would have been able to have such a beautiful day.

Lauren · Married on 11/29/2014

I have always been a huge fan of Lessings, so choosing one of their venues for my wedding was a no brainer, and Timber Point certainly did not disappoint! The staff is absolutely wonderful from the day you go to visit to the time the wedding ends. They went above and beyond to make sure that I had absolutely everything perfect, from the food and drink, to the rather intricate table decor I had brought in for them to set up. Neal Chien is a fabulous person to work with, he set up all of our details perfectly, even through the struggle of our being out of town due to military relocation, and Maureen is a doll! I cannot say enough about Jake and Nico, and the rest of the wait staff that evening. We had quite a few mishaps but they flew in like superheros and made everything work out just as it should, I barely needed to lift a finger!! The trust I had placed in Lessings establishments previously was not, by any means, misplaced for this event. It was a pleasure working with everyone!

Nicole · Married on 11/08/2014

I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding reception. From the first time we sat down with Miriam, I knew we had found the right place. The price is extremely reasonable for a Long Island wedding. Jake and the staff at TP were absolutely phenomenal at my wedding. Everyone raved about how great the food was and the event ran perfectly! My guests commented on how nice the room was with the fireplaces. It was a magical evening!

These are PROFESSIONALS! They catered to our every need and were committed to perfection. The food at Timber Points is absolutely top of the line. Our guests could not stop raving about it. The service was impeccable. Jake was an extremely dedicated Maitre D', and he and his staff could not be more pleasant or efficient. They made my daughter's wedding reception run like a well-oiled machine and did it with grace and professionalism. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Angela · Married on 08/17/2014

We are so glad we chose Timber Point for our wedding reception. From the beginning, Miriam our coordinator was very responsive, helpful and accommodating. On the day of, the staff set up everything exactly as we had instructed. Jake, our maitre-d, was amazing and made sure everything was perfect. The food was unbelievable, people are still raving about it. Overall, our wedding day was everything we had imagined, and a large part of it was due to Timber Point's professionalism. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2014

Our wedding was amazing thanks to the team at Timber Point, they did everything we asked for all the decorations were set up perfectly, and they were great when I had a dress malfunction!!