Mango Muse Events Reviews

24 | Los Altos, CA

24 Reviews for Mango Muse Events

Brooke · Married on 05/09/2019

Island wedding dreams come to life!

Planning a Caribbean destination wedding for 100 from San Francisco sounds tricky but not with Jamie leading the charge. We worked with Jamie for the extent of our engagement (2 years) and successfully created our island wedding pipe dream. She was an absolute dream to work with. Super easy-going while being the perfect amount of type A. She was easy to communicate with, with weekly check-ins and monthly phone calls. Our wedding week feels like a dream, it was that good. Thank you Jamie for helping us throw such an epic party.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Arianne · Married on 02/16/2019

Jamie is fantastic

During our initial call, she helped us figure out what level of support would suit us best and was open to hearing the specific areas of guidance (event design, vendor coordination, budget management, etc.) that we felt we needed most.

She pushed us to reflect on what was most important to us and helped us keep that overarching vision in mind throughout the many decisions we made over the course of a year. In what could easily be an overwhelming process, she helped us prioritize our to-do lists and track both long-term and short-term milestones.

We definitely dragged our feet on making some decisions but she never pressured us. When we had our own thoughts but wanted to get her take, she was very straightforward and practical--if you take this route then just keep in mind X,Y,Z, if you choose this then you will also have to do that. But when we felt more lost, she was able to give us clear recommendations.

In the weeks leading up to our wedding, Jamie was in touch with us frequently, and always responded quickly to my (many) last minute questions. It felt like every detail was arranged, every contingency had been thought of, and all we had to do was show up.

On our wedding day, we were able to really be in the moment, enjoy ourselves, and not worry about anything because we completely trusted in Jamie and all the careful preparation we had done together in the months before. It was invaluable to be really present during the day and focus on each other and our loved ones.

Thank you Jamie!!!

Sent on 04/27/2019
  • Haley

Haley Shridharani · Married on 04/29/2018

Amazing wedding day thanks to Jamie Chang (Mango Muse Events)

Jamie didn't just help us plan our wedding - she helped us create memories of our special day that will last a lifetime. A year after our wedding, our parents, family and friends are still talking about what a beautiful event Jamie helped us pull off and how the wedding was so fitting of our personalities. Jamie is 100% the reason everyone is still reminiscing. She is a visionary in the wedding planning world. She takes the time to listen and brings creative ideas that represent what you want your wedding day to be but could never have thought of yourself. For example, we had a relatively small wedding of 60 people and Jamie suggested that we write personalized notes to each guest for them to read as they sat down for the wedding dinner. We would never have thought of that and my parents, to this day, read the note my husband wrote to each of them each night. This is the kind of joy and magic only Jamie can create - she brought joy to my husband and I on how marvelous everything turned out (and how much FUN we had getting married) but also joy in seeing the joining of two families and the creation of the joint memory of our wedding day.

I am admittedly a tough critic but can honestly say nothing but positive things about Jamie. She has vision, attention to detail, diligence, takes pride in everything she does and brings creative touches to the big day. If you're teetering about whether to have a wedding planner for your destination wedding, trust me, just give Jamie a call. She'll make you feel at ease immediately and by hiring her, you'll be able to enjoy your special day free of stress and with the comfort it will be a day you, your spouse and your friends and family will reminisce about for years to come.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Patrice · Married on 06/03/2017

I know everyone says you shouldn’t expect your wedding day to be perfect – but with Jamie, it actually was! With Jamie's help, we never felt overwhelmed about our wedding. She meticulously planned our schedule, not just for the day, but for planning itself. With each step, we felt confident knowing that we were making the right decisions at the right time. She also works with an INCREDIBLE team of vendors, which made decision-making even easier. And she didn’t just provide people she loved – she took the time to figure out who WE would love, and which vendors would match our taste, vision, and budget. That’s not to say she pressured us to go with her vendors; we just loved everyone she recommended. And once we hired our vendors, she worked with them tirelessly, both in reviewing contracts to make we got what we needed, and also in making sure they knew what we wanted and understood our vision.

Jamie totally understood what we wanted for our wedding and made it all a reality. She worked hard to make sure our big day was exactly what WE wanted. Never once did she push her ideas of what a perfect wedding should be, and that’s what we loved most about Jamie: she wants your day to be perfect for YOU. She’s not about forcing you to follow some “wedding rules." She’s all about trying to understand what you want and what will make you happy, and making those things happen. She will be more than just your wedding planner, she will be the champion of making your wedding perfect for you.

And on top of all that amazingness, it also helps that Jamie is just an awesome person to be around! She's easy to talk to, she’s honest and upfront , and she is always available to talk to about any concerns you might have. Working with Jamie will make you feel confident and at ease in every step of your wedding, both in planning and on the day itself. I cannot say enough how instrumental she was in planning the most important day of my life – and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Jess · Married on 08/08/2015

Jamie was a gift from heaven in helping us get through the final stretch of our wedding. We'd resisted for awhile in hiring someone, but once we realized we were in over our heads, she came highly recommended by a trusted friend. Not only did she dive in to fix things that were already issues prior to the day, she managed and executed on the day of masterfully -- in the end, I was able to enjoy every moment of that day and night she had everything under control. We could not recommend her more sincerely for anyone looking for planning services!

Sent on 08/20/2015

David · Married on 10/10/2014

My wife and I hired Jamie to help plan and coordinate our wedding, and outside of our decision to marry each other, hiring her was the best decision either of us made.

We had a challenging wedding to plan - we wanted to have it during wedding high season in September-October, do it outdoors but still have an indoor option in the off chance it rained, have it be uniquely San Francisco, and keep to a budget and still be nice. Additionally, both of us were living overseas and needed Jamie to arrange everything for us remotely. So basically we were asking for the impossible.

Well, impossible is apparently what Jamie is best at doing, because she helped us have the wedding of our dreams in October. She listened to what we wanted and helped translate a lot of "it would be cool if..." into reality. She introduced a wide variety of vendors at different price points, and while she offered her guidance we felt in control of the whole process. And when things felt like they were getting out of hand, she roped together all the details so that when the wedding came, we never felt like we were "putting on" a wedding - we were able to live in the moment and really enjoy it.

For her organization, communication, friendliness, and resourcefulness, we have nothing but the highest of praise for Jamie. It was the best money we spent related to the entire wedding, and frankly, her services are worth even much more than her fee.

Sent on 02/05/2015

Pamela · Married on 06/28/2014

Jamie was amazing, and we are extremely glad we decided to work with her!! Initially, we were not sure whether or not we even wanted to hire a professional wedding planner, but we are so glad we did and that we chose Jamie!! I don't know what we would have done without her. Throughout the entire planning process, even as I started to feel overwhelmed, I would simply discuss with Jamie, and then I wouldn't be stressed anymore! One thing I especially appreciated about Jamie was how amazingly responsive she is - we always got a very prompt reply, sometimes even within minutes!! That helped tremendously. Jamie was also careful to listen to what we wanted, while giving us very useful suggestions for the areas that we had no idea about. My husband and I are pretty organized and detail-oriented already, so we truly appreciated how on top of things Jamie is. I really felt like Jamie kept me sane during the planning process, and it seriously was wonderful to work with her.

Even though I was super happy about working with Jamie during the planning process, we were even happier with how smoothly our wedding day went and how stress-free and perfect it ended up being! By nature, both my husband and I tend to stress a lot, but we had absolutely no stress that day, and everything went perfectly! Looking back on the whole day, we are still amazed at how relaxed we could be and how smooth everything was. I think what particularly helped was that we had been working with Jamie throughout our planning process, as opposed to just having her help day-of - because she had already been coordinating with all of our vendors.

Thank you so much for making our special day go perfectly, Jamie!!! We have received so many compliments about our wedding, and everyone has told us specifically what they enjoyed, so we know it wasn't just us who thought it went perfectly!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/02/2014

As soon as my now husband and I decided we wanted to have a Hawaii destination wedding, Jamie was the first person we contacted. We had general ideas of what we wanted for our wedding, but we didn't have a clue where to start. Jamie really helped in finding out what we wanted and guiding us in the right directions. She was never pushy, but also she's not afraid to be honest and give her opinion on something. She's very easy-going, professional, and just an absolute joy to work with. My husband and I tend to be procrastinators and hiring Jamie was especially helpful during our planning process. She is extremely organized and constantly checked in to remind us of things we needed to complete on our checklist or to just see how we were doing. I felt very at ease on the day of the wedding knowing that Jamie was in charge. She created a detail-oriented timeline for the day of and really worked hard behind the scenes to make sure that everything came out just as we wanted.

Jamie is phenomenal and I don't know what we would have done without her! She truly helped make the wedding of our dreams come true. I would definitely recommend her to anyone that needs help planning their wedding. Thank you so much, Jamie!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Karen · Married on 04/26/2014

I highly recommend Mango Muse Events and Jamie to anyone interested in a wedding planner.

We worked with Jamie for well over a year and she guided us from concept to execution of the entire wedding. We didn't have a crystal clear viewpoint of what we wanted from the start, so she helped us determine the look and feel we wanted to create, explore venues, decide catering, florals, you name it.

She is is extremely organized and professional. She was patient (because goodness, we definitely took our time on some things) but also persistent when we really needed to make some decisions. I love that she gets that the wedding is really whatever the couple wants, whatever represents them and she works to make that happen.

Our wedding was fantastic! I know most people probably say that about their weddings, but everything really ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything, nor did our family or friends have to do anything other than enjoy themselves, which is exactly why I wanted a planner in the first place. Jamie killed it on the day-of and I think a lot of what made that easier is the fact that she had worked with us for over a year and knew everything about the event and knew us as well.

Most importantly, she was just a pleasure to work with. It felt effortless and easy to communicate with her, because she really does love what she does and it shows. If you're thinking about a planner, set up an intro with Jamie!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Sumina · Married on 11/16/2013

It's my pleasure to write this review for Jamie of Mango Muse Events. My husband and I are residents of NYC and decided to have a destination in Hawaii, so picking a wedding planner was somewhat of a daunting task as you are basically putting a tremendous amount of trust in someone to be an extension of yourself when you can't be there. The horror stories of so many of my friends were enough reason for my husband and I to take a trip to meet with wedding planners around the country. When I think about it, so many of my friends have had terrible experiences using wedding planners because they were never able to get over that hurdle of trusting the person they hired. I am so thankful that we met Jamie, because first and foremost she is trustworthy in all aspects of her planning and working with us. Just as important as trusting her as a person, it was so nice knowing that we could trust in her abilities as well. Jamie found a way to capture the essence of exactly what we were looking for, from floral arrangements, to venue, to the right dj, food, photographer...everything. Best of all, she worked hard to find us the best proposition of value every step of the way. I simply can't say enough and just feel so blessed thinking back at how perfect our wedding was. I think that's exactly what the perfect wedding planner does...she lets you remember the feeling from that one night in your life, not the "planning" of it. Thank you so much Jamie for making our wedding night the most perfect night of our lives.

Sent on 07/16/2014

We hired Jamie to help with day of coordination and event design, but she went out of her way to help us in every way possible to make our event memorable. Jamie really listened to our concerns and ideas, but also helped to bring new ideas to the table. She helped to make not only the day of stress free and enjoyable, but the whole process of planning a big event.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Christy · Married on 10/28/2012

I'd say hiring Jamie to be my wedding planner was the best decision I made throughout the whole process of my wedding planning. My situation was a bit unique because I had only 2 months to plan for my local wedding. Jamie, with her professionalism, knowledge for this industry and flexibility, was able to have my wedding perfectly planned with such short amount of time. She was VERY organized, detail-oriented, and thorough. She guided me through the whole process step by step, patiently, and on a timely manner. She's great at listening to my needs and desires for my dream wedding, but was also being honest about her opinion and suggestion. She's very caring and paid close attention to my thoughts as she always made sure every little thing involved in my wedding was what I wanted and was worth our money. I totally trust Jamie with her selection of vendors and her recommendations because they are all proved to be helpful. For example, at the time I had no idea how much I should expect to pay for beverage at my wedding and was thinking to pay for the expensive per person charge. Jamie suggested that I should think more about the % of people who will be actually be drinking at my wedding and that may make more sense that I go with a per-consumption option. I listened to her and ended up she's so right. I did a calculation and figured I saved at least $1500 on drinks thanks to her suggestion. This is just one of the examples of how well she knows this industry and how caring she's for her clients. Jamie is also very smart and just "gets it". She spent the time to learn about me and my husband and how we wanted our wedding to be. And then she put up her best to give me great suggestions on a lot of different things that fit our personalities. I would recommend her to anyone who's looking for a great wedding planner.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Catherine · Married on 07/06/2012

Thanks to Jamie, our wedding was a huge success! She made a point of infusing our personalities and the things we like into our wedding, while making sure it all tied together and worked. She guided us through the zillions of decisions that need to be made, with an eye towards what's modern, or traditional, or what have you. Short of eloping, our wedding planning was as painless as possible, and when the time came, she followed through and it went off perfectly!

Save yourself the time learning about all the things that Jamie already knows. You'll be stressed enough deciding who to invite, or how to organize the tables.

Give yourself the piece of mind that someone (not you) is worrying about everything, big and small.

Oh, and she can do it better than you. It's a no brainer!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Stephanie · Married on 02/27/2012

Jamie was the perfect wedding planner. She not only was perfect at everything I could expect in a planner but she went above and beyond in almost every instance. She went and listened to a band for us, did food and cake tasting in Hawaii since we could not make it there before the wedding. She made the table runners, and she had wooden tables made for the wedding because I did not want the plastic ones with table cloth! I could go on and on about the personal items she added for our wedding but Ill just say this: Jamie has a beautiful vision and can see what you want even before you know. If you are considering a wedding planner pick Jamie. We live in different cities and I had a destination wedding and it all went off without any hiccups!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Angie · event on 07/09/2011

Mango Muse Events, Jamie, exceeded our expectations. The party was so much better than we had even hoped. All we did was answer her questions as we went along and she took care of everything!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Jenny · Married on 06/18/2011

Jamie was an awesome wedding coordinator to work with. We hired Jamie for her partial planning and day of coordination services. At first, we were not sure we were going to hire a wedding planner, but it turned out to be best decision we made! We could not have done it without her. We had some idea about what we wanted but we had no idea how to bring it all together. Jamie pulled it all together and more. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, our personalities, and what our vision for the “big day” was. Jamie went above and beyond our expectations. Without her, we would have missed some important details that would have caused big problems that day. Thank you Jamie for making sure our “big day” went so smoothly! We highly recommend her services to any bride and groom!

Sent on 02/18/2012

Tami · Married on 04/02/2011

Jamie Chang of Mango Muse Events is really an awesome wedding planner! With Jamie's help the planning process went smoothly and I was able to relax and totally enjoy my wedding - Best money I spent for my wedding.

I hired Jamie for the the complete wedding planning from start to finish. We had some very general ideas about what we wanted / didn't want and I had no idea how to bring it all together into an event. That is where Jamie came in. Her vendor recommendations were always spot-on and carefully selected based on what we were looking for. She came up with fabulous design ideas when we were lacking in the creativity department and she totally listened to us and was able to pull everything together into a really beautiful event that reflected us as a couple. She made sure it wasn't just any nice wedding - it was our wedding and it reflected our personalities perfectly.

Thank you, Jamie!!!

Sent on 04/22/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/21/2010

Hiring Jamie Chang to be our wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made. We did not have any set ideas for our wedding, and we didn't even know how to begin our planning. Jamie took the time to listen to us and get to know us as a couple, then suggested vendors and ideas that fit us perfectly, and together we created a wedding that was truly representative of Kelly and me. We appreciated how open-minded and patient she was about the entire planning process. She didn't have any preconceived notions about how the wedding "should" be, and she didn't force any ideas on us. She is also incredibly detailed-oriented (her "day of" schedule was a thing of beauty), and was so responsive when we had questions (and we had A LOT of questions). Jamie took charge of all the vendor scheduling so we didn't even have to think twice about making sure everything was in place and everyone would be there. (All of our vendors also told me how impressed they were with her.) This thoroughness and preparedness resulted in an absolutely stress-free wedding where everything went off without a hitch. We are so grateful to her - in fact, she was the very first person we hugged after our ceremony (this is true, I have it on video)! I know that we couldn't have had such a fantastic day without her help. We enthusiastically recommend her services to everyone!
    - Jessica and Kelly

Sent on 10/06/2010

Darcy · Married on 06/26/2010

I have absolutely nothing negative to say the services that Jamie provided. We were on the fence about hiring a day of coordinator, but now looking back on my "big day", we truely could not have done it without her. Though we didnt hire a full wedding planner, Jamie took over everything more than a month before the wedding. She coordinated with all of the vendors, took care of putting together a payment schedule, made site maps, and organized a detailed timeline and every detail. Though the wedding venue was several hours from her home, Jamie came up to Healdsburg twice- once with me and once on her own to get a full read on the site and meet with the photographer and florist. She also came up for a detailed, in person meeting with me at my home to go over details I hadn't even thought of. At the wedding rehersal we all sat around lost until Jamie arrived to take charge! I am so happy with our decision to hire her. Thanks, Jamie!

Sent on 07/17/2010

Joy · Married on 01/02/2010

Jamie Chang has a very easy going personality so I had no problems putting the ball in her court to get our wedding planning started. I really enjoyed working with her because she is extremely well organized and quick to respond to any of my questions. I felt very confident trusting her with planning one of the most important days of my life. For someone like me, who didn't know what I wanted for my wedding day, Jamie knew exactly the right questions to help me better understand what type of wedding I wanted without being too pushy. Her professionalism, patience, and expertise are excellent qualities any bride & groom will need to help plan their special day!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Kristina · Married on 08/29/2009

We don’t know what we would have done without all of Jamie's help with our wedding layout! She truly made my job easier by helping me think through all of the color schemes, ceremony/reception layouts and general wedding questions. Being a bride was not an easy job for me, with all of the decisions I had to make constantly, while working and being stressed out. I’m so glad that she was there to help me through the planning process to help make our day special and beautiful. Mango Muse Events- Thank you again for all of your help! Your knowledge and guidance was invaluable to us and truly made our special day a dream come true.

Sent on 07/04/2010

Cathy · Married on 04/18/2009

I could not ask for a better wedding planner. She is efficient, professional, and extremely responsive. I feel Jamie stood out from other wedding planner because she truly cared. She treated my wedding like it was her own and made sure everything went accordingly and perfectly. I did not have one complaint - everything was on time, everything was set up correctly (trust me, there were lots of details ....including live fish), and everyone loved her. She works behind the scene to make everything happen during my wedding. Jamie also goes above and beyond her duties to ensure she meets all the vendors prior to the event. It just that bit of extra effort that makes everything run perfectly on the big day. She's beyond phenomenal and I would not have been able to get through the big day without her.

Sent on 03/06/2010

Jamie and Mango Muse Events were helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. We actually only hired her for "day of services" since we had planned most of the wedding ourselves, but she helped us the entire two-three months before the wedding. Jamie went beyond our expectations and supplied services that weren't technically included in our contract (i.e. seating arrangements/floor plans, some decoration suggestions, coming to vendor appointments and much more). The actual wedding went very smooth and if we had to do it all over again, we would hire Mango Muse Events in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • Alithia

Alithia · Married on 08/17/2010

With a busy work and social life, Jamie made it easier to plan our wedding by taking the time to research our options, organize our thoughts and ideas, and making sure we stayed within our budget. Although it was never an easy thing for us, she always made sure that each and every decision we made was one that we were comfortable with. Jamie made sure that every aspect of the wedding truly represented us a couple.
    We had some last minute changes and surprises that stressed us out a bit, but Jamie was able to find a quick solution to help us stay calm. For example, our officiant had a family emergency and told us a week or so before the wedding that she would not be able to marry us. Jamie was quick to find other options that were within our budget. We met with the Kahu we were considering the day we flew into Hawaii and it worked out great. We also had some unexpected hiccups on the day of the wedding, but Jamie hleped us get through them and focus on the important things. Her knowledge and expertise went beyond what we expected. Jamie is amazing! We don’t know what we would have done without her.

Sent on 04/06/2011