Mandy Hernandez Reviews

22 Reviews for Mandy Hernandez

• Ann

Ann S. · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Day hair and makeup

She made me & my bridesmaid look beautiful. She didn't over do anything. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Latoosa

Latoosa · Married on 09/07/2019

Stunning, Blown away, Gorgeous

Those were a few of the complements I received from Mandy's work. When I looked in the mirror the first time I was amazed on how she used the makeup in such a subtle way to enhance and make me look, Beautiful. All without looking like I was wearing almost any makeup! She got two thumbs up from the German MOG who spoke no English and was also super happy with everything. Everyone who got either Makeup or Hair by her were thrilled; and everyone's hair lasted the hot and dance heavy night. She was very easy to work with and highly responsive in her emails, with me planning this all from overseas this was very important. I would recommend her again for anyone who wants long lasting and beautiful artistry.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Amanda V. · Married on 07/27/2019

I love mandy

She did my make up for boudoir and the wedding my make up came out perfect it lasted all night and she really listens to what you want. Every time I got my make up done before her I hated it but not with her she’s amazing!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Kristyna · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful hair and Makeup

Mandy was an absolute please to work with, she was professional and very knowledgeable about styling hair and makeup.
    I have course, frizz prone hair and she listened to all my concerns and created a a beautiful and elegant look that I absolutely adore. The hair and makeup trial were a great experience and was the time where she really took her time crafting the perfect look.

For my wedding day, she had an assistant who was also incredible, all my bridesmaids loved their styling. I loved that she took many pictures of my styling at our trial so she was able to recreate it.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth A. · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing hair and makeup for my wedding

Mandy was the makeup and hair artist for my March 2019 wedding. I was so glad to have found her. From our first hair and makeup trial, to her doing the hair and makeup for my bridal portraits, to the hair and makeup for my mother and sister on the wedding day, she really did a great job, and made the process stress-free. She is friendly and has a great personality, and will make you feel very comfortable. She took all the feedback on the hair and makeup and really put together what we were looking for. We all looked fantastic! Definitely check her out!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Kathy · Married on 05/05/2018

Mandy was so awesome! She met with me prior to the wedding to discuss what was needed for the wedding. She followed up prior to the wedding and confirmed the time for her arrival. She arrived early and did hair and makeup for my Maid of Honor and myself. My hair and makeup looked beautiful. I could not have been happier.

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2018

Mandy Hernandez is an incredible hair and makeup artist in every sense of the word. She did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding. I was so IMPRESSED by her professionalism, knowledge of the wedding industry, and artistry. She even helped me find my photographer.

Mandy is a true artist who I trust wholeheartedly trust to do amazing hair and makeup. She was punctual and the wedding party did not have to rush around to finish getting ready before photos.

When I looked into the mirror for the first time on my wedding day, I was blown away - I had never seen myself look so beautiful and that was all thanks to Mandy. And what a better way to feel than absolutely stunning and your best self on your wedding day!

I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and Mandy was able to create a look that made me feel like a fancy version of myself. For my hair, I knew I wanted to wear it partially up and had a few reference photos. Mandy was able to take the little direction I provided and transformed my mane into a work of art. Most importantly, my makeup was flawless throughout the night and every stand of hair stayed in place. I was actually sad to take it all off at the end of the night because it still looked great!

Not only did I get compliments on my wedding day, but my mother-in-law is still raving about how good Mandy's hair and makeup skills were 5 months later! I cannot recommend her enough to future brides - work with Mandy and you too will look gorgeous on your special day.

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • I

Ilissa · Married on 10/21/2017

Mandy and her team are INCREDIBLE!!! Mandy did my hair and makeup trial for my bridal portraits and I was beyond impressed with her work, I didn't think it could get any better, and THEN IT DID! My wedding hair and makeup was the best!!! Mandy was very accommodating with last minute changes I had to make with my schedule and even had time the day of to make some changes as well. Mandy is the best and I couldn't imagine my wedding look without her. My bridesmaid and family members all looked great and Mandy and team made all of their inspiration looks come to life. I will definitely be using Mandy again for any of my hair and makeup needs! Thank you Mandy I appreciate you so much!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Mandy Hernandez's reply:

Thank you Ilissa for the wonderful review! We had such a great time with you and your bridal party. We appreciate the business and thank you for trusting us on your very special day!!

Arlen · Married on 09/30/2017

Loved Mandy !
    I booked her for hair and make up for engagement pictures/ Bridal portraits/ and wedding day. I felt like a princess. She was incredibly flexible and soo nice.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Mandy Hernandez's reply:

Thank you Arlene!! Loved Working with you and all your gals!

Dana · Married on 05/01/2016

Mandy was such a professional and so personable, such a great vendor to have "in my face" on my wedding day! :)

Sent on 03/01/2017

Anne · Married on 12/06/2015

Mandy is absolutely WONDERFUL! I originally contacted her because my hair stylist backed out. I saw some good reviews and I was running out of time but I am SO glad I was able to book her! Not only did she do an incredible job for me and my bridesmaids (seven of us in total) she was so fun to work with! I booked a hotel room for my bridesmaids for the night before and I didn't even think about what time we'd have to checkout, so while we were getting ready the hotel said we needed to go and Mandy handled it for us (without anyone asking her to) and saved the day! Her prices are fair and I absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Mandy is a true professional artist. My girls and I were so impressed with her work and would highly recommend her! Her value si the best you will find in Austin.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Lori · Married on 10/25/2014

Mandy is AWESOME, she was a blast to work with and really got what I wanted for my big day. She was funny and did a really great job. A few people who didn't schedule to get makeup done saw the others and she was able to squeeze them in. I highly recommend her for any make-up need.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Mandy and her assistant did an absolutely beautiful job on the hair for myself and my wedding party. My hair has a very difficult time holding a curl and it stood up to in the bridal photos, engagement photos and the whole night during the wedding I'm very impressed and would not hesitate to use her again.

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • CarolinaX

Carolina · Married on 12/31/2013

Mandy is amazing. Not only is she super talented, but her personality is amazing. She was super fun and a pleasure to have in the bridal suite all day. She's super willing to work with you to find the perfect style for your day. My hair looked just as good at the beginning of the day as it did at the end of night, which is key when you are spending a fortune to document the day with photography. She's also very reasonably priced for both hair and make-up :)

Sent on 03/09/2014

Kim · Married on 08/24/2013

Mandy's awesome! Did my hair and make-up and all my girls (3) hair on my wedding day. Mandy came to my house and was right on time. She was always very quick to respond to any of my inquires and she is very easy to feel comfortable around. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2013

April · Married on 06/06/2013

She provided me with hair and makeup for a very reasonable price and did very AWESOME job!! My hair looked great until I took it out after having it in more than 12 hours. My makeup lasted all day without smudging or coming off even through all the emotional moments. She is definitely great at what she does!!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Barbi

Barbi · Married on 05/26/2013

Mandy did an amazing job on all of our bridal makeup. She kept cool even though the AC in the bridal suite decided to break and she made each one of us look lovely in our own special ways. She is a true artist. Thanks Mandy!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Summer · Married on 11/28/2009

Mandy is absolutely wonderful! At first I thought her prices were a little high, but I quickly changed my mind when I really started looking. Not only did she save me at the last minute when the THIRD beautician that I'd tried to hire canceled on me, but she's wonderfully talented too! My bridesmaids and I looked phenomenal! Mandy took the pictures that I gave her and made me look like a movie star! I got so many compliments -- one woman even told me that my hair made her want to cut off her long locks and wear a flower in her own hair every day! I felt like a beautiful princess... It was amazing!

Sent on 12/08/2009

Adrienne · Married on 04/07/2019

Amazing, beautiful work

Mandy did my hair and make-up for my April wedding, as well as hair for a couple of my bridesmaids. She had also done my makeup for my engagement photos. She is very professional and willing to listen to feedback. I felt beautiful on my special day!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Julia · Married on 11/11/2011

Mandy is amazing. By having her on-site for the wedding preparation took away all worries and hassles. She knew how to advise me and even saved me from my own idea in one case - giving me a better overall look than I had even imagined. She also dealt really, really well with our THREE flower girls, making it all fun for them, as well as me. Her work is impeccable, and the end results were stunning! She's also so well-connected with other vendors that she can plug any holes in your stylist planning. I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Sarah · Married on 11/12/2011

3.5

Mandy did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup, as well as my mom's and bridesmaids' hair/makeup. She was very professional and listened to what everyone wanted, offering suggestions when needed, and more than willing to change something if someone wasn't comfortable. She was a little slow on responding to emails, but I chalk that up to being booked and busy. Her prices were more than I wanted to pay for hair/makeup services, but everyone looked fabulous and was happy with the results! What more could you ask for?

Sent on 12/27/2011