Makoy Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Heidi
    Heidi R. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Best Wedding Venue EVER

Absolutely the best staff I could have worked with! Through the planning process, day-before, and day-of I could not have had a more cooperative venue. I was planning my wedding from four states away, but they were helpful in scheduling meetings around my travel schedule. All I had to do was show up for the wedding, as I knew they were taking care of everything else.

And, THE FOOD!!! Hands down the best wedding food I have ever tasted, and I wasn't even planning on eating! Even a week after the wedding, I am still getting compliments on the venue, the staff, the bar, and the FOOD! Did I mention the FOOD??

COVID or not, The Makoy Center is without a doubt the best wedding venue I could have imagined, and they made my day truly unforgettable!!
    Tori M. Married on 06/05/2021

Friendly, affordable, accommodating

The Makoy center is an affordable one stop shop for almost all of your wedding planning needs: ceremony details and supplies, lighting, catering, linens, decorations, and plenty of support! The over accommodating staff works hard make each unique detail of your BIG day a reality! They made our wedding planning stress free and went above and beyond to make us feel extra special on our day! We are still receiving lots of compliments from our guests raving about the food and the beautiful venue atmosphere.
    Theresa Married on 05/29/2021

All we could have asked for!

Responsive and friendly staff, delicious food, great price. We, along with our guests, really enjoyed our wedding reception in the Burgundy Room in May 2021.
  • Jamaica
    Jamaica R. Married on 05/15/2021

Wedding/reception

We are so thankful for the Makoy Center, that did an excellent job with our wedding and reception.it was beautiful and the food was delicious. Thank you Makoy and also thank you Adrian for making our day special.
    Grey P. Married on 04/03/2021

Bride & Groom

Where do I start. WOW!! I cannot rave enough about The Makoy Center. Clay, Matt and my wedding coordinator Jacob were all just amazing. My wedding turned out beautiful. They all made sure things were right, that I was doing ok, and we were always on schedule. I was fortunate to have a pretty big wedding g after things had been lifted here in Ohio. ALL my guests spoke about how delicious the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and the room we were in the biggest room, Emerald made everyone feel comfortable because we were not crowded. I will definitely recommend this venue to anyone. Food, pricing and accommodations cannot top any other venue in Central Ohio. Clay, Matt and Jake thanks again for taking care of us.
    Anna H. Married on 01/05/2021

The Perfect Wedding Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Makoy Center on May 25, 2019 and it could not have been any more perfect! We had the pleasure to work with Matt who made the entire process so easy and smooth. From small reminders and working with our schedule since we were planning from out of state, to being there the day of to make sure everything was taken care of! My husband and I, our families and our friends had a great time and we would highly recommend the Makoy center for couples who are looking to celebrate their marriage or any other event to get everything they imagined and more for a great price! Thank you again Matt, we will be sending newly engaged couples your way!
  • Samantha
    Samantha E. Married on 10/31/2020

We Cant Wait

we can not wait to have our wedding here at the makoy center, Clay has been fantastic to keep us up to date and make sure that we have the ability to make all the tastings and linen appointments; i can not wait till April im so excited for this experience
    Laura D. Married on 10/10/2020

Halloween wedding

We could not have asked for a better place to have a wedding! Matt was extremely welcoming and responded to emails quickly! It's an elegant venue that was more than willing to accommodate and even improve on our quirky style. The staff even dressed up in Halloween costumes along with the guests. I have extreme anxiety and they took care of EVERYTHING. My officiant even said how great of a place it was. Major shout out to Stephanie, our event coordinator. Felt like i had known her for years. She made our day as perfect as could be, made sure groom didnt see bride before ceremony, relayed messages, took care of rehearsal, even had ALL 15 complicated center pieces packaged up and ready to go by the end of the night. I HIGHLY recommend her. She was just as excited about the day as we were and i seriously cant thank everyone involved enough for a great day
  • Thomas
    Thomas M. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing and perfect

Great place to have large gatherings. We had our reception here and it was perfect, food was amazing and they have many options to choose from. They help you every step of the way and pricing is very fair. Followed all COVID rules and guidelines. Place was super clean and staff was very friendly. If you have questions call them and talk to Matt.
  • Alissa
    Alissa Married on 09/05/2020

Great experience

They were very informative have a very nice set up and the pricing was good. The man we worked with was very nice and personable and detailed with the information he provided
  • Monica
    Monica B. Married on 08/08/2020

Very Highly Recommend

We had a great experience at The Makoy center. They helped us to have everything exactly how we wanted it. Our guests raved about the food and it was nice to already have a bartender with a stocked bar at the venue. Not only did they provide the venue, food, and drink, they also helped with set up and tear down, and we had a day of the wedding coordinator to help everything flow smoothly. I highly recommend
  • Averi
    Averi A. Married on 07/18/2020

Best venue ever

The venue itself is beautiful but it’s everything else that made this experience perfect. Matt and the rest of the team were super helpful and accommodating even up till the day before the wedding with last minute changes. The real surprise came the night of the rehearsal when we met Jacob. We had no idea anyone would actually help us coordinate the wedding itself, let alone setup all the decorations we brought ourselves. 10/10 we love the Makoy Center and their staff!
  • Mary
    Mary M. Married on 05/30/2020

A Night to Remember

Our family has now held two receptions at this venue. There really aren't adequate words to convey our gratitude with how outstanding the staff treated us and how perfect the evening was for our daughter and new son in law. Postponing and rescheduling a wedding was our worst nightmare. Thankfully, the staff here went Above and Beyond in accomodating all our requests, were always accessible, and made sure ALL CDC Guidelines were fully implemented.
    The food was over the top, and guests went up for seconds and thirds. Kudos to the chef, and also the kind and cheerful bar staff who kept the drinks flowing and everyone in good spirits. As guests said their goodbyes they had only the highest praise for the friendly staff and the way they interacted with our family and friends.
    Never once, in all that went with having to go with the flow during Covid-19, was I treated with anything other than support, understanding, and a willingness to accommodate us by this staff.
    I can't imagine a more beautiful venue or outstanding people to work with anywhere else in Central Ohio.

Thank you, Matt, Clay, and Erin for giving us the best night we could have dreamed of. You exceeded every expectation.
  • Emily
    Emily A. Married on 04/11/2020

Absolute best day of my life

Matt Eder was very helpful from the very beginning and Nick was the absolute best coordinator! This was the best day of my life, and everyone that attended said they LOVED the venue and had a great time! The bar tender was great as well! DEFINITELY recommend.
    Chelsea Married on 04/11/2020

Best reception venue

We had our reception here with our wedding being in Hawaii and they made our dreams come true. with the flexibility, awesome communication and just super friendly staff everyone was so on top of it and made us stress free.
  • Taynaea
    Taynaea Married on 11/23/2019

Breath taking!!!

Me and my husband was blown away the day we toured, we got knocked off our feet on the day of rehearsal, everything was set up PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! I would have my wedding 100x the exact same way no changes! Thank you Clay and Matt you guys rock!!!!!
    Chelsea Married on 11/16/2019

Reception only

I would definitely recommend this venue I've looked at over 15 different venues for the price the location and the all inclusive package it's a really great price. They were really flexible with my date I didn't get the date that I wanted so they gave me some extra perks for free. They were just so nice and welcoming and made it very easy. Don't judge the pictures before you actually go and look at the venue especially when it's all set up for a wedding or reception. I immediately wanted to say no because I was going for a more modern theme and based off of their pictures seemed a little outdated. However when I went there it was exactly what I wanted. The only downside of having a wedding during the day yes there are no minimums which is a perk but people can come & go if they're meeting with a staff member to potentially reserve their venue so if you're venues going on they might have meetings in their office which is right outside of the then you doors. They are super discreet though so it's really not a big deal. It was just more of an observation because there was a wedding just getting started and people were walking in as we went to go look in the venue I'm sure no one even noticed us again not a big deal.
    Chantel S. Married on 11/01/2019

Best decision ever

Matt was absolutely amazing to work with. He made the process of getting married so smooth and simple. He even goes out of his way to be super helpful! My son had an allergic reaction literally right before the ceremony began. Matt ran off to the store and got him some medicine and my son felt better the rest of the night. Keely was super friendly and helpful as our on day coordinator as was the rest of the staff. The food was amazing and the buffet line went smoothly. I highly recommend The Makoy center for any wedding!
  • Whitmo
    Whitmo S. Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Phenomenal!!!

I'm late with my review but it's never too late to express the joy that Makoy gave me on my wedding day. I couldn't been more excited. Everything was perfect and even a year later our family still talks about how nicely it was planned and the beautiful venue. If I could do it all over again I would still choose Makoy.  EVERY staff was beyond phenomenal. THANKS AGAIN! from the bottom of my heart.
    Rachel B. Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful reception hall with great customer service

We had a wonderful experience with the Makoy Center. Clay was so patient and accommodating throughout the wedding planning process. We had a large wedding with around 270 guests and the Emerald room was the perfect size. The room was beautiful and the Makoy Center took care of everything for us. We would definitely recommend the Makoy Center!
    Sherry D. Married on 08/03/2019

Absolute perfection

This was a one stop shop to the linens and set up to cake and food! Jacob was an absolute delight to work with and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Things were taken care of before I even knew they needed taken care of! We were just able to enjoy our day with our guests and had no worries! I would recommend The Makoy Center to anyone having a wedding or banquet or party of any kind. Very professional staff and greatly priced!
  • DBS15
    Dorette S. Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing experience!!!

Words cannot tell how amazing working with Matt, clay and the makoy center staff was. They were such a great help throughout the whole process, we felt like they were part of the family. Anytime we had questions or concerns they were willing to help us. We highly recommend this venue and we're so glad we made the right choice. Food was amazing, price is affordable and again the staff is the best ever !!!!
    Kenneth P. Married on 04/28/2019

The Makoy center was the best

I recently got married at the Makoy center. I can’t describe how amazing the experience was. We were told by numerous friends and family that it looked amazing. Leading up to the wedding Matt was always available and super quick to respond. He was always great leading us into the next step for preparation. Alex was our day of coordinator, and was calm, professional, and extremely helpful. Erin was there a little later in the day, and was really warm, friendly and helpful. I can’t recommend the makoy center highly enough. He venue and staff are 10/10. Your were all fantastic. Thank you.
  • Brittany
    Brittany H. Married on 04/28/2019

Perfection

I cannot recommend The Makoy Center enough! We had the pleasure of working with Matt to plan our wedding. He was fantastic, listened and understood our vision for the special day and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. The entire team made our wedding day perfect and we could not have had a better experience. We will definitely be recommending them to everyone in the future
    Kelly Married on 04/13/2019

The Wedding of our dreams!

The Makoy Center was the perfect location for our wedding. We worked with Matt throughout the process of planning, plus we had Nick as our day of coordinator. Matt was great at answering questions quickly and with patience (I had A LOT of random questions through out). Matt was even present on the day of the wedding, which was very nice! Anything we needed, Matt figured out a way to provide it. I met Nick at the rehearsal and he took great notes of everything I needed, made sure the DJ and minister were all set to go with their plans, as well. Throughout the day of the wedding and into the evening, he and Matt continuously checked in with me and both sets of parents to ensure everything was going as planned. We are so beyond happy we chose the Makoy Center for our venue, there was zero stress, because they handled it all. They even packed up our decorations, so we did not have to worry about the night of our wedding! We also had our ceremony outside and Matt took the initiative to plant flowers and re-paint the fence and alter area to make sure it was beautiful and it was gorgeous! We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Makoy Center, which was amazing! The food both nights was so yummy!