Makeup By Tiffany Reviews

21 | New York, NY

21 Reviews for Makeup By Tiffany

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Marta · Married on 11/11/2016

Tiffany is amazing... she's a true artist. Tiffany plays to each person's personality & then creates. Everyone who had their makeup done by Tiffany looked naturally stunning. She made me look glamorous yet natural. Tiffany is wonderful to work & plan with. Use Tiffany if you want to look beautiful for your wedding!

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

I found Tiffany through a recommendation from a friend and I'm so glad I did! She was more than happy to recommend a look when all I really knew was I wanted to look beautiful on my wedding day (very specific, I know!). I felt so comfortable and gorgeous from the moment she finished my makeup through the end of the night. Added bonus, she was a calming energy throughout the morning while we were getting ready - she's full of some awesome stories too. Thank you Tiffany!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Makeup By Tiffany's reply:

Sara thank you so much for the wonderful review! Stephen and I had so much fun spending time with you on your wedding day!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/06/2016

Completely amazing!

Tiffany is beyond awesome and is way more than I could have ever hoped for in a makeup artist! She came highly recommended by my close family friend, so even before I met Tiffany I knew she was amazing! Tiffany is so very talented and kind. She saved me from looking like the tired, oily/patchy skinned person I am normally and transformed me into a beautiful bride for the day, all without making it look like I had a ton of makeup on! The makeup she applied even held up through an unexpected rainstorm and the extreme heat of the summer, which I am so very grateful for. Tiffany is overly accommodating and flexible, super responsive and a true pleasure to work with. She trekked out of the city to the Hudson Valley to make sure my bridal party and I could get ready at the venue. My (now)Mother-In-Law who had planned to do her own makeup on the day, after seeing how beautiful Tiffany made us all look, asked (almost begged) to get her makeup done by Tiffany as well - and of course Tiffany was beyond accommodating and lovely, adding my mother-in-law onto the schedule without any issue. I feel truly lucky to have been recommended Tiffany and am so grateful to have had her be a part of my wedding day. Please, if you are in need of a makeup artist, message Tiffany - I really can’t say enough good things about her!!

Jane · Married on 05/07/2016

Tiffany did a fantastic job. I hardly ever wear makeup and know almost nothing about it and with little direction from me, she created a beautiful and natural look for me. I wish I had more opportunities to get dressed up and have Tiffany come over to do my makeup- she made me feel beautiful.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Makeup By Tiffany's reply:

Jane thank you so much for the review- My love to you and Denise!

Rebecca · Married on 09/06/2015

My wedding was absolutely incredible, and all of my girls looked AMAZING thanks to Tiffany. Our makeup stayed perfectly throughout the entire night, including into the after-party that ended at 5am! So many comments about how incredible our makeup looked, and my mother-in-law and mother were so impressed how long their makeup stayed - they brought it up several times and even gave Tiffany's number out to a few people at the wedding. A friend also asked me for Tiffany's number after the wedding. I'm so happy to refer people to Tiffany, because she is clearly the best makeup artist out there. I felt beautiful the entire night, and considering how nervous I was about a stress rash that appeared on my face days before the wedding (and feeling that I would not looking beautiful at my wedding), I really feel indebted to Tiffany and very grateful she was there on the day.

jen · Married on 09/05/2015

I can't say enough about Tiffany--my prior makeup artists cancelled only a couple weeks before the wedding and she was the consummate professional. She was easy to communicate with, fast to respond, set up convenient times for a trial, and was even early the day of the wedding and ready to go! Her personality is great and she put everyone at ease on the big day. It's easy to be at ease when you can trust the skills and professionalism of your makeup artist, so we all knew we were in good hands. Her pricing is transparent, and most importantly she did an amazing job and made us all absolutely gorgeous! My bridal party had all skin tones and colors and other artists seem to be comfortable in one palate--not Tiffany! Her skills are nimble and versatile and made everyone look amazing. I'd recommend her to anyone, and after an extensive search for makeup artists I can confidently say that your search is over!

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2014

For the most special day of my life, there was no other makeup artist I could have dreamed of working with other than Tiffany Bartok. I've used her services for years (and she is also a favorite of my colleagues and clients), and for each event she has given me a look that is overwhelmingly beautiful and completely natural. At our beachy wedding in Montauk , Tiff created a look that was the epitome of what I dreamt of, and the makeup lasted throughout the entire night!

My wedding was nearly a year ago, and I finally am getting around to reviewing our vendors -- Tiff was at the very top of my list. She also did an extraordinary job with all of my bridesmaids AND my mother! Each of us different ages and skin tones, and each of us looking flawless.

I can't recommend her highly enough!

Jenny · Married on 05/12/2014

Tiffany did her magic for the best day of my life - my wedding! She really listened to the "vision" I had about how I wanted to look ..... Not only did she translate that perfectly with her skill and creativity, she checked in with me all along the way to be sure I felt great and looked how I wanted..... Which was CRAZY because I couldn't have envisioned how perfectly she got "me". I looked like ME ...... On my very best day full of joy and unicorns and LOTS of sleep (I told you she was magic). And since I was so happy, I had my boss hire her for an event I had to appear at...... I couldn't recommend her more. She's the bomb.

Jayme · Married on 10/19/2013

I LOVE Tiffany!! A friend of mine did a professional photo shoot and her make-up was the best I've ever seen. I needed to know who did her make-up because that was who I wanted for my big day. Not only is she insanely talented, but she is so fun to be around! Just the type of person you want hanging out in your bridal suite! She was a consummate professional, kept me calm and had me and my bridesmaids laughing all day. My makeup was flawless and she listened and understood exactly what I was hoping for. Her approach to beauty is to make you feel as beautiful as you are by enhancing your features rather than making you look like someone else. The entire experience was wonderful- and I hope to have another event to have Tiffany do her amazing work all over again!

Tiffany is the best! I wholeheartedly recommend her as a wedding make-up artist. She made me look beautiful and special on my wedding day, and was very attentive to my requests to look as natural as possible. I have sensitive, dry skin, and was afraid that the wedding make-up would settle into my fine lines and make me look older, but that was not the case at all with Tiffany. During the trial, we worked together until I was completely satisfied (we tried three slightly different looks for the eyes until we hit the *perfect* one). She uses high quality products (Smashbox, Bobby Brown, MAC, etc.). Her demeanor is calming and down to earth, and she has a very positive energy, which is lovely to be around during pre-wedding preparations. She is fun to talk to and completely present while she works -- no attitude, no rush, completely open to suggestions and willing to tweak a look until her client is absolutely satisfied. She is a true professional. To top it off, her trial is rate is extremely reasonable and the price for the bride alone not as steep as some other make-up artists in NYC. Highly recommended!

I was lucky enough to book Tiffany last minute (when my original make-up artist flaked out on me). Not only did she make my make-up look flawless, and look like the best "version" of myself-- she was absolutely pleasant to be around. During my trial-- she was very open & flexible to hear my opinion on how I wanted to look on my wedding day, while providing her expertise as a make-up artists.

She also did my mother, mother-in-law, maid-of-honer, and sister-in-law's make-up-- and did an amazing job. We all had different complexions, ages, and personal styles. Although we didn't do trials with the rest of the group, Tiffany worked with everyone seamlessly & efficiently.

On the day of your wedding-- the last thing you need is to be stressed & uncertain. Tiffany made me feel at ease & it was as if an old friend was doing my make-up. :-)

Suzanne · Married on 05/08/2010

I could not have been happier with the make-up services that Tiffany provided for my wedding! She is a skilled artist, using the make-up to enhance my features to give me a more natural, yet elegant look that I wanted for my wedding day. All of my wedding photos also display Tiffany's expertise in applying make-up!

Tiffany's professional yet up-beat and personable manner helped keep me calm during the slightly nervous hours I experienced leading up to the wedding ceremony.

Overall, I highly recommend Makeup by Tiffany for any bride. She is a very talented make-up artist who helped me feel extra beautiful on my wedding day!

Aimee · Married on 04/24/2010

Tiffany is incredible.

Before I even get to her magical abilities when it comes to makeup, I have to say that she was everything you need in the few hours before saying “I do:” professional, fun, easy to talk to, calm, attentive, and she really listened to what I wanted and what we had discussed – just instantly put me at ease. I literally went from crisis mode to feeling able to relax in the very skilled hands of someone who was going to take care of making me look more beautiful than I ever had. Which is absolutely what happened.

I’m not fussy about a lot of things, but I AM fussy about makeup. Especially on my wedding day! It was really important to me that I look as gorgeous as possible, yet still look (and feel!) like myself.

I don’t normally wear a lot of make-up. I did not want to look (or feel) like I had too much make-up on. I am particular about my eyebrows. I didn’t want to have to spend time touching up through-out the day. I wanted something that would feel (and look!) fresh and natural up close, yet would also read well for photos. I wanted to go a wee bit glam around the eyes, but not feel like a drag queen! I wanted everyone to go “WOW.” The first WOW (of so many!) was from myself when I looked in the mirror. Incredible.

I looked stunning, and yet not overdone – exactly what I wanted. She created a make-up design for me that totally suited me / my features and perfectly complimented the style of my dress, hair, etc. I felt like a million bucks.

I still can’t believe how great I look in the photos, or how well the make-up held up all day and night! I had girlfriends “on alert” to periodically do a little check and let me know if I needed to go touch up. “Nope –you’re good! Seriously!” is what I kept hearing all night – which was GREAT since you get overwhelmed talking to so many people that it’s tough to get away. When I finally could and looked for myself, I was pleasantly surprised to discover they were right – I looked great!

I’m an actress, and so I’ve had my makeup done numerous times by many make-up artists. I’ve seen the good, the bad, AND the ugly. (On my face!) Tiffany is simply the best I’ve run across yet, and worth every penny. Do yourself a favor and let her make you your most beautiful self on your wedding day. Sit back, sip some champagne, (and eat something!) and let Tiffany work her magic. You’ll be happy you did.

Alen · Married on 12/15/2009

The makeup looked great and it stayed on all night threw tears and breakdowns! I would recommend her to anybody looking to get their makeup done for any event.

Gillian · Married on 11/15/2008

Tiffany is amazing. She is extremely talented and one of the nicest people I've ever come across. She did a great job on not only me but also on my very particular maid of honor (who looked incredible and loved her makeup job) and one of my bridesmaids (who raved on and on about Tiffany). I can't say enough good things. She was one of the best decisions I made in choosing a vendor for my wedding. Also, her prices are very reasonable and she'll come to you for your makeup trial and, of course, on the day of.

Krista · Married on 10/25/2008

For brides-to-be, I highly recommend hiring Tiffany Bartok (http://makeupbytiffany.com/) to do your make-up on your special day. She is incredibly talented, professional and very nice. Tiffany helped to make all of my bridesmaids, my mother and I look beautiful on my wedding day. I rarely wear a lot of makeup, so Tiffany kept me looking very natural. Everyone looked just radiant in the pictures. In addition, one of my bridesmaids was running very late, but Tiffany pitched right in and helped get her ready in minutes. I can't say enough about her -- she's phenomenal. And I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do my makeup on my wedding day.

Her Web site: http://makeupbytiffany.com/
    Her phone number: 212.802.9221
    Her e-mail: me@makeupbytiffany.com

Avery · Married on 04/26/2008

Tiffany Bartok is a true professional. She combines a natural skill with makeup with a passion for her craft. She understood exactly the look i wanted for my wedding day and achived it effortlessly. I've never recived so many compliments in my life on how flawless, natural, and gorgeous my makeup looked! Friends of my Mothers' wanted Tiffany to move in with them! My makeup was perfect through the entire day and a night of dancing...I only wish my hair held up so well! I would reccomend Tiffany to anyone who wants to look perfect and glowing on their wedding day. If you don't care about looking perfect, go with someone else. Tiffany cares as much about your day as you do.

Hayley · Married on 03/28/2008

Tiffany was a pleasure to work with and gave my girls and I a great look on my wedding day. She arrived on time and made sure we were all happy with the way we looked. Tiffany was a great value for the quality service she provided!

Danielle · Married on 10/19/2007

When I had my headshots taken about eight years ago, Tiffany was there to ensure that my makeup was perfect and that I still looked like myself, which is highly important when it comes to headshots. When I got engaged, she was my first and only choice. From the first phone conversation, followed by an in person run through, to the final moments before I walked down the aisle, she made the entire process not only easy, but immensely enjoyable. She was energetic and fun which helped to keep the mood in the room light. The confidence she has in her abilities shined through and helped me to remain calm even when other vendors were late because of horrible weather. When I saw my reflection in the mirror after she was done, I was thrilled with the finished product. She tranformed me into the elegant bride that I wanted to be. She also did the makeup for my mother, and my sister in law who has had severe allergic reactions to makeup in the past. Both looked stunning and there were no allergic reactions to be had. I highly recommend Tiffany for any bride. She not only is a true artist when it comes to makeup, but she is kind, fun, and open to suggestions, what bride wouldn't want this experience.

Dulce · Married on 09/02/2005

I loved the way Tiffany Bartok did my make up. I didn't want a heavy coveraged and just wanted something simple. I was really happy with my make up and everyone kept complementing how beautiful I looked the whole day. Also, Tiffany was very flexible, two of my bride's maid couldn't get their make up on time so she was nice enough to do it for them for a very reasonable fee. Her fee is very reasonable, I've contacted at least 3 make up artist before Tiffany and all of them were charging 2x as much. I highly recommend her, she will also do a trial run for you for a reasonable fee.

Katie · Married on 06/14/2014

Tiffany did my make-up for my wedding. She also did several of my bridesmaids, as well as my mother and mother-in-law. I highly recommend her!

First, Tiffany was super flexible. My wedding was more than two hours from her home, but she drove to me and arrived early, knowing how important timeliness is on a wedding day. She set up quickly, and arranged the make-up schedule so I didn't have to think about it at all, which was fabulous.

Second, she did a great job. I felt beautiful. My mom felt beautiful--she got compliments all night long! Tiffany gave me blotting paper and a lip gloss to go, which was very thoughtful, and useful throughout the evening. I told her exactly what I wanted (to look like myself, but the prettiest version of myself!) and she followed direction to a T. I wasn't too made up, but I also felt (and looked) glamorous.

Lastly, she was a pleasure to have around on the day of my wedding. She was upbeat and positive, and made getting ready fun!