Makeup by Melissa Franklin Reviews

Makeup by Melissa Franklin 7
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 06/08/2019

An absolute beauty EXPERT

Melissa exceeded absolutely all expectations for my wedding makeup. As someone who doesn't wear more than basic foundation and eyeliner on a daily basis, she made me feel more beautiful than I ever have in my life. She knew exactly which shades looked best on me, and made my whole look come together. She even makes her own makeup, making it so much more natural for your face and skin! I cannot recommend her enough and only regret I don't live closer for her to do my makeup on all my special occasions!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Ashleigh! It was such fun getting to know you and your sweet family and work with you all. Truly a joy! I wish you much happiness and whenever you’re in town visiting please stop in and say hi!!

Gabrielle Gonzalez · Married on 06/08/2019

Saved my day!

Melissa is a great makeup artist. When I had my trial everything went well and we planned to move forward with my makeup as it was for the trial. Come my wedding day, someone who waxed my eyebrows the day before burned the skin off my eyelids and they were peeling. Melissa knew exactly how to change up my eye makeup so you couldn’t even notice it, and it came out perfectly. She is just awesome!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Gaby for taking the time to leave me a review! It was wonderful working with you and there’s nothing that makes me happier than to know you felt beautiful on your special day!
  • Cori

Cori · Married on 06/09/2018

Absolutely loved working with Melissa! She made the day picture perfect. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Cori! It was so much fun being a part of your day!

Jess · Married on 06/08/2018

Melissa and her team were amazing to work with! They were very flexible with our appointment changes and everyone looked BEAUTIFUL! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! It was our pleasure, hope to see you again soon in the studio. All the best to you and your new husband!!

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

Awesome!!!!

Extremely helpful. As someone who doesn’t wear a lot of makeup they made me feel comfortable. Turned out great.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with Melissa for my wedding. My makeup was amazing -- I got so many compliments! Her studio is such a fun place to get ready -- you can hang out with your bridesmaids and play your own music if you want. (I also worked with Jenny's Salon upstairs, which I highly recommend, especially to any bride getting married at nearby Shadow Creek.) I'd highly recommend Melissa to any bride.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Haley! It was totally my pleasure to work with you and your super fun bridal party! Enjoy married life!!!

Bridget · Married on 11/04/2017

Melissa let me and my girls bring in food and champagne to have while we had our make up done, and she was incredibly flexible! We were moving around a lot between the upstairs salon for our hair appointments and her studio - she was so great about everything and made me feel (and look) absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Casey · Married on 10/29/2017

Melissa took the time to really listen and understand how i wanted to look and feel on my wedding day. She made me feel comfortable and understand my options. I wanted to feel beautiful and look great for pictures without feeling like i was caked in make up. She accomplished this perfectly. I have never felt more beautiful than i did that day. Also, my pictures are amazing! I highly recommend Melissa for your wedding day needs. All of my girls and my mother also got their make up done and they were ALL impressed with Melissa’s work and professionalism!!

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Casey! It was my pleasure to work with you and your girls! What a fun, loving group you are blessed to have! ❤️

kara · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa did the makeup for my entire bridal party and my mom and she did an absolutely fantastic job! Everyone looked stunning and I was beyond thrilled with how my bridal makeup turned out. My makeup lasted all night long – at the end of the night my bridesmaids kept telling me how perfect my makeup still looked! I was ultimately drawn to Melissa’s because my wedding venue was not conducive to getting ready and Melissa’s studio was the perfect place to takeover for the afternoon! Everything in her salon was absolutely perfect from having room to set up food/mimosas to letting us play our own music. You can’t go wrong with using Melissa’s for your bridal/wedding makeup… she works magic! Thank you so much, Melissa!!!

Sent on 11/02/2017
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 8

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

The pleasure was all mine Kara!! Thank you so much for choosing me and letting me be a small part of your big day!! ❤️

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Jillianna was amazing to work with! She made sure to ask questions during my trial to help find the look I wanted, and took notes and pictures to make my wedding day makeup beautiful, and well under the time I allotted for the appointment. Melissa was easy to work with when scheduling the appointments, and made payment easy, though it was a little difficult to tell the pricing before talking to her.

• Lyndsay

Lyndsay · Married on 10/01/2017

Melissa was simply the best, end of story. Made me look ten times more beautiful than I could have imagined on my wedding day! I wear her makeup every day and love all the products I have gotten from her and she is amazing at what she does, there’s no doubt about that. So happy that she got to be a part of my big day, I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else.

Sent on 02/24/2018
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 9

Sharon · Married on 09/02/2017

Melissa really knew what we were looking for. Natural camera ready. My daughter's wedding day was amazing, thanks to Melissa. The entire experience in n her salon was magical. The bride and bridal party were pampered and made to feel special

Hillary · Married on 04/29/2017

I found Melissa at a vendor event, and one look through her portfolio and I was sold. She makes a custom foundation blend for you, and it looks flawless. My make-up looked fantastic on my wedding day, even if it was 93 degrees, it didn't melt off! I recommend her for weddings in Western Loudoun, she is close to venue's and has the cutest studio, she also will do on-site make-up for an extra charge, but I gotta say I loved going to the studio!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Hillary! It was truly an honor to be a part of your wedding and getting to know you and your girls was awesome!!

Kelli · Married on 10/14/2016

Melissa did a fabulous job on bridal makeup for me and my bridal party on our wedding day. We spent the day in her studio getting ready, it was such a charming location and everything was just perfect. She and her team were super nice and made us feel so comfortable getting our hair and makeup done there (we had also booked hair with Jenny's salon in the same studio). They even brought mimosas for us, which was awesome! Melissa was super flexible with our group - only 4 people had signed up to do makeup, but almost everyone changed their mind last minute and decided to get makeup done. She was so sweet about it and did her best to accommodate as many as she could. She ended up doing makeup for 8 people total and everyone looked flawless. She was truly a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad I booked with her. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa and her team are AMAZING. We hired Melissa to do makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, and the mother of the bride and groom for my October 2016 wedding. She was awesome to work with, and she and her team were so fun. All the girls in the bridal party LOVED their makeup, and we all felt so glamorous going into the wedding thanks to her. Melissa provided a makeup trial in the months before my wedding, and she was able to masterfully recreate the look we loved on my wedding day. On my wedding day, my makeup lasted all night (not a single touch-up!), and I felt beautiful too.

Melissa was willing to travel to an offsite location to do the makeup for me and my girls, for only $10 more a person. If you don't need her to travel to you, she has a beautiful studio colocated with a hair salon, and the cutest little coffeeshop in the same building as well. It really would be a beautiful place for a bridal party to get ready.

We had so much fun working with Melissa, and she does absolutely amazing work. If you're looking for someone out in Loudoun, you really should consider Melissa. Her custom makeup is awesome as well!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

Melissa was great! I'd highly recommend her to anyone, particularly brides. She made the experience so much fun and comfortable for everyone -- we all felt and looked beautiful. She was really great with my 6 year old stepdaughter, too.

Her studio is so cute, she makes it very fun and hospitable and goes out of her way to make the day as easy as possible for you. I loved the whole experience!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Mary · Married on 08/20/2016

I give five golden stars to Melissa Franklin and the way she works her makeup magic. A week ago Melissa turned this middle aged mother of the bride into Cinderella at her finest. She made me feel so special and her calming demeanor is what this mom needed on my daughters wedding day. You will never be disappointed with Melissa's makeover results. She has a gift for making people feel beautiful both inside and out. She will always be my number one choice when I need that special makeup look. Melissa you are awesome!!! Thank you so much.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Mary! It was my sincere pleasure! See you next summer for the next wedding! XO

Shelby · Married on 07/01/2016

Melissa was wonderful to work with for my wedding! I normally don't wear any makeup so she made a custom foundation for me (which I still use!) as well as taught me a little about how to apply the makeup myself in the future. My makeup lasted all night and my wedding pictures look beautiful because of it!

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you so much Shelby! It was my pleasure to be a part of your big day!!

Erica · Married on 06/18/2016

Melissa is an absolute dream to work with! I came into Melissa's studio for a trial and instantly fell in love with her beautiful studio and sweet, caring personality. I told Melissa that I wanted my makeup to look flawless but natural, and she really listened (something that many makeup artists don't do... I learned from experience)!

Melissa is a true professional. Before we even started my makeup trial she asked if I would like custom foundation for my wedding day-- heck ya! Like a true artist, Melissa concocted a foundation color that perfectly matched my skin tone and put it into a bottle so that I could take it home and use it on the wedding day and beyond. I let Melissa know that I planned to get a tan prior to the wedding. That was not a problem-- she let me come into her studio one afternoon so that she could color match my foundation to my new, darker skin tone.

Melissa is a magician with her makeup brushes. After she applied my makeup (the trial run and wedding day) my skin looked completely pore-less and my eyes looked natural, but dramatic. Melissa and her team also did my bridesmaid's makeup on the wedding day. All of my bridesmaids also looked absolutely stunning and the makeup lasted all night long!

Melissa has such a friendly presence-- she and her team were not just "vendors" at our wedding, they were part of the day, and they made getting ready for the big day such a dream and added to the overall experience.

Don't think twice about hiring Melissa. You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/11/2016

Melissa did a phenomenal job on my makeup during my trial and on my wedding day! I never really wear a lot of makeup, but Melissa gave me a natural look with a WOW factor on my eyes and it was so perfect! Thank you for making my mom and I look so beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Cate · Married on 11/29/2015

Makeup by Melissa Franklin helped to make my wedding day one of the most memorable. My husband and I chose to do a quick turnaround wedding because he was in the Navy, and Melissa jumped right in at the very last minute with zero judgments and zero worry. While I was internally freaking out that nothing was going to go to plan thanks to all the unknowns of marrying someone in the military, Melissa calmly walked me through my trial with a days notice and showed up ready to rock and roll on my wedding day only a handful of days after she heard my name over the phone! It was as if my sister, mom and I had known Melissa for years. She has a brilliant eye for colors and style; and a sense of humor for days!! My sister, mom and I try to get back to her for a girls day whenever we can!

Makeup by Melissa Franklin 10
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 11
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 12
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 13
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 14
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 15
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 16

Abby · Married on 12/29/2017

Melissa did a great job on my makeup for my wedding! The makeup stayed on from noon until I took it off that night at 2am. She was very responsive to e-mails when setting up my trial and setting up makeup for the wedding day for my whole bridal party. She had an assistant that was fabulous the day of my wedding too.

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Makeup by Melissa Franklin 17

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2017

I searched for months for a makeup artist that I felt did a fantastic job for bridal makeup. I don't wear a lot of makeup, so I wanted it to look natural, but to also look professional in photographs - that's where Melissa came in. I had Melissa do my makeup for my engagement pictures, and knew I wanted to book her right then. She was great about asking what kind of makeup I usually wear and checking to make sure I was okay with the way she was doing my makeup. It may take her a few days to get back to you via email, but I assure you she will and will be ready to go for your scheduled appointment time. Melissa and her team were flexible enough to travel to my hotel to do the makeup for myself and my bridal party, and were extremely efficient. I highly recommend Melissa and her team!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you Danielle, it was such a pleasure working with you and your girls and getting to know you! All the best!

Deanna · Married on 10/22/2017

Melissa did a beautiful job with my wedding makeup!

Charlotte · Married on 06/10/2017

Melissa was awesome to work with! She was calm, helpful, and cheerful throughout the wedding makeup process. Her studio is bright, chic, and made me feel happy and relaxed hanging out with my bridal party and my mom, having some wine and snacks and getting dolled up. Jenny's Salon is upstairs, so it was a great place to take care of hair and makeup. The whole process was fun and easy. Melissa also gave me space to be honest; she wants to make sure you like the makeup you're wearing. After my trial, I wasn't perfectly comfortable with the look we had decided on. Melissa was understanding and accommodating with a second trial. As a result, we perfected a look I felt fully comfortable and beautiful in on my wedding day. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Makeup by Melissa Franklin's reply:

Thank you Charlotte. It was my privilege to work with you on your wedding day but more importantly, work with you to achieve a gorgeous look you felt totally comfortable and gorgeous with! That is my only goal-to make you feel like the ultimate bride, the most beautiful woman in the world. Thank you for choosing me!