Makeup by Erika Jansen Reviews

34 | New York, NY

34 Reviews for Makeup by Erika Jansen

I had reserved a block of rooms at the Viana Hotel & Spa for my wedding guests. Erika Jansen who is the makeup artist at the Viana contacted me to suggest a trial, and I am so grateful that she did. After a trial for myself and my mother, there was no question we were booking Erika. Not only did she do an incredible job but she essentially has a studio onsite at the hotel so you know that she will be well equipped with whatever makeup and materials she needs. Fortunately (for us both!) we didn't need to get started all that early in the morning, but had we needed to, Erika would have made arrangements to be flexible and begin the day whenever we needed. I had decided to use Erika for my full wedding party, and then extend her to come do touch ups at my wedding venue for photos & ceremony as well. I keep hearing from guests how we were all "glowing" and I'm pretty sure Erika had a little something to do with that. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • I

Irene` · Married on 07/18/2015

In addition to being an outstanding makeup artist, Erika has such an inner calm and generous personality that you are immediately put at easy. When an event is so big and you worry about everything falling into place starting my daughter's wedding day in the salon with Erika was the perfect way to set the tone for the day. Calm, confident, professional she immediately puts you at easy. My daughter, the bride: my younger daughter, the maid of honor and I never looked better. A thousand thank you's are not enough to express our gratitude.

Sent on 07/24/2015

dina · Married on 05/31/2015

Erika is the most talented, gifted professional make-up artist. She made me and my family feel so special and beautiful on our wedding day. Her attention to detail and ability to transform the look you want is to perfection. She is so amazing!
    Her level of professionalism and sense of humor shines through from the moment you meet her.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Erika was great. I could never recommend anyone better. She was very professional and did an amazing job on me and all my bridesmaids. I can't wait to have another event to go to to have my makeup done. Thank you Erika for making my special day perfect.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Michele · Married on 10/26/2014

Erika did my make-up for my wedding as well as my Mom and Mother-In -Law's makeup. She was patient as everyone had a different vision of what they wanted and gave her opinions on what looked great so we would look our best. Everyone was thrilled with the results. It was well worth paying for a trial as Erika takes her time to make certain you look and feel great. We hired Erika to stay during pictures as we quickly realize we were going to cry during the reveal and a few other special moments. Erika followed me around with her sponge to blot and the blush to touch up every time. She was fun and I am so glad she was part of my special day.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Jamie Roberto · Married on 05/06/2011

Erika is what you call “the best of the best”. Professional, knowledgeable and all around a pleasure to work with!

I have been a client for years and have no desire to work with anyone else in the beauty business! She listen’s and inserts her opinions without being pushy. Super sweet and so very talented! I will never work with anyone else!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Erika did a fantastic job with my makeup and my bridesmaid's makeup. I have oily skin that usually melts makeup after a couple of hours, but not with Erika. She used airbrushing and my makeup stayed fresh for the whole day. She listened to how I wanted my makeup done and worked with me until I got the right look. She estimated timing perfectly. We had our makeup done in the spa at the Viana hotel. It would probably be crowded if you have a large wedding party. Mine was pretty small, so we fit.

Sent on 02/21/2016

Dana · event on: 08/02/2015

Loved how Erika did my makeup. I got compliments all day. And the makeup stayed put, no touch ups required. Would definitely recommend for a special event.

Sent on 08/10/2015

3.5

Thank you so very, very much. As a general non-makeup wearer (Some BB cream is about the maximum effort I put in most days), I felt both beautiful and exactly like myself- just better, on my wedding day. I'm still getting compliments over a month later, and it is my pleasure to send women your way, relating to them both the great makeup job, and the positive test-drive experience. It is refreshing to speak with a makeup artist who not only listens to a girl's fears about overdoing the paint job, but also has no problem both proving my fears to be unfounded, and surprising me with colors I never believed I could wear. Last and important point to make, the actual act of putting my makeup on in the morning prior to the wedding was a relaxing/grounding experience, and Erika had no problem making minor adjustments to my makeup up to the last minute, to ensure that I felt happy and confident on my big day.

An additional shout-out to the hair stylist, Jill Klusky, who did mine, and particularly she has done an excellent job curling hair that mostly prefers to remain straight. My head felt light as a feather despite the numerous pins and hair fixings, but it wasn't even a little sticky or hair-spray crunchy and most impressive of all, even with all the familial affection manhandling, my hair kept its shape all night until I took it down myself.

Thank you ladies for helping make my wedding a memorable wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/15/2015