20 Reviews for Makeup by Erika Jansen

Fake Lashes (2)
Salon (1)
Contour Makeup (1)
19 Makeup by Erika Jansen Reviews

Erika is amazing !! She had done my friends makeup for her wedding a few years ago so I knew when I got married I wanted her for my wedding , I had an early start time for my wedding and she was early and ready to go with her team to make sure the morning went smoothly , she even came to my venue to do last minute touch ups to make sure we all looked amazing ! my makeup and bridesmaids makeup came out stunning !! She's great at what she does !!

Profile Picture Jen , 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

All I can say is Erika is amazing, makeup was so perfect people didn't recognize me. Love her lip gloss too! My niece Cheryl Schroeder chose Erika and I'm so glad she did. If you don't go with Erika for your special day it's your own fault ladies

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Erika and her team made my Dream day a reality! The price of service was fair and she and her team were professional and friendly. Working with the viana hotel ( where we had our block reservation) Erika ensured our morning went flawlessly. I cannot thank her enough!! Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

fabulous!!! One of the best Makeup applications I've ever had. Erica is top notch, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was freaking out since my wedding was being planned in 6 months and indecisive about makeup artist. I initially found Erika on wedding wire and l got in contact with her. Since she worked so far away from me, l decided to look elsewhere. Erika never pushed or took offense. Fast forward to a horrible trial with Another artist and almost on the verge of tears. I immediately messaged Erika with my vision and she came through!! She was super patient even though we were running late and wonderful every step of the way. She had my mom and l looking fabulous. Highly recommend her❤❤

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had such a wonderful experience at the Viana Hotel Spa! I really enjoyed working with Erika and Jill. Both Ladies were very professional and made me feel very relaxed and beautiful for my upcoming wedding. Erika was so sweet, methodical and knowledgeable about what she does. I thought my makeup looked incredible! I had long beautiful lashes and flawless looking skin, lasting well throughout the day. What I loved most about my makeup was that it looked very elegant and fashion-forward without feeling too heavy, which is ideal! I didn't have a specific idea of what I wanted but the final result was brilliant and surpassed my expectations.Erika was versatile and tried new things and showed me every step so I could decide what looked best. I really loved the final outcome and I look forward to doing this for my wedding next year! Thank you Erika!

Profile Picture Natalya, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup, Salon

Erika is THE most amazing makeup artist you will ever come across. First of all she is truly an artist - stepping back often to assess her work and make sure every detail is perfect. Second of all she has the patience of a saint! I don't normally wear makeup so not only did Erika take the time to listen to what I wanted and make sure I felt comfortable, she spent about 2 hours helping me find the perfect "lip"!!! On top of that she drove over to my venue after doing my makeup at the hotel just to make sure it was coming out well in the photos. Erika has now been the makeup artist for three weddings in our family; she is truly amazing I can't recommend her enough!!!

Profile Picture Devon, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I went to Erika and Christina (Hair) at the Viana hotel and spa for my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and bridal hair/makeup trial. Erika exceeded my expectations. She and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. She explained everything she was doing and why she was doing it that way. She was very receptive to my wants and comments. She knew what I wanted even when I had trouble describing what I wanted. She did an excellent job and I am super excited for my wedding. She helped me de-stress because now I do not have to worry about my hair and makeup for my wedding because her and her team have it undercontrol. She even helped my other when her blood sugar went low and ran to get fruit for her. She cares about her clients and wants them to be happy; which I am!

Profile Picture User4691329, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Erika for my September 17, 2016 wedding. We stayed at the Viana Hotel and Spa and they referred her to us. I cannot say enough about how awesome Erika is! She did an absolutely amazing job on my makeup as well as my bridal party and both my mom and my mother in-law. None of us wear a lot of makeup and so I know we were all a little picky about our makeup and not wanting to look too made up. Well I can honestly say I have never looked or felt so glamourous and beautiful! My makeup was flawless and looked unbelievable in the photos I have seen so far. We all loved how we looked! We all did hair and makeup at the hotel in the morning and Erika followed us over to the venue later that day to touch us up before the ceremony and again before pictures. She was awesome! She went above and beyond - at one point actually finding my Bridemaids in the cocktail hour so they would be there for pictures. She was a joy to work with - so fun and calm and reassuring! I would highly recommend her to anyone that wants to look beautiful and amazing on their wedding day. I cannot thank her enough for the job she did!!!! She is the BEST!!! In addition, we worked with Stephanie (don't know last name) who also works with Erika - she did all our hair which was equally fabulous! We all looked gorgeous thanks to both Erika and Stephanie!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Ericka did a great job with mine and my mothers makeup for the wedding. The airbrush felt so light on our skin and cover my mothers Rosacea beautifully. My mom usually sweats anything right off her skin and her makeup stayed all day. She was so accommodating to start at 6 am to allow ample time for our noon wedding. Truly Ericka will find her way to make every bride happy.

Profile Picture Kerry, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

After several trials I was so happy to have found Erika! She is by far the most competent and compassionate makeup artist and an all around amazing person. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is very patient and caring which goes a long way in a very stressful wedding day. My trial came out so perfect that my entire wedding party booked with her as well. Erika has incredible attention to detail and she goes above and beyond, she is truly a superstar makeup artist. I would very highly recommend Erika and will use her again and again!

Profile Picture Micki, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Erika did a fantastic job with my makeup and my bridesmaid's makeup. I have oily skin that usually melts makeup after a couple of hours, but not with Erika. She used airbrushing and my makeup stayed fresh for the whole day. She listened to how I wanted my makeup done and worked with me until I got the right look. She estimated timing perfectly. We had our makeup done in the spa at the Viana hotel. It would probably be crowded if you have a large wedding party. Mine was pretty small, so we fit.

Profile Picture User6390356, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup

Erika was amazing. She was so easy to talk to, I felt as if I'd known her for years. She listened attentively to me while I explained the look I wanted.
She then made some suggestions based on her many years of experience and training in her field. Then right to work!!! Still being social while she worked.
When I looked at the end result.... I couldn't believe it!!!!! It was EXACTLY what I wanted with the right amount of better!!!!!!!! Prior to this experience I hadn't
Put much thought into make up artists or how they get the money they do. I PROMISE I completely understand now!!!!!!! I was happy to see I still
Looked like me. It didn't look or feel like I had pounds of make up on. That is why I felt it very important to take the time and write this. I call it an
Experience because it was. It was fun like I spent the day with a friend. Erika made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more

Sincerely,
Sally

Profile Picture Sally, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup

I had reserved a block of rooms at the Viana Hotel & Spa for my wedding guests. Erika Jansen who is the makeup artist at the Viana contacted me to suggest a trial, and I am so grateful that she did. After a trial for myself and my mother, there was no question we were booking Erika. Not only did she do an incredible job but she essentially has a studio onsite at the hotel so you know that she will be well equipped with whatever makeup and materials she needs. Fortunately (for us both!) we didn't need to get started all that early in the morning, but had we needed to, Erika would have made arrangements to be flexible and begin the day whenever we needed. I had decided to use Erika for my full wedding party, and then extend her to come do touch ups at my wedding venue for photos & ceremony as well. I keep hearing from guests how we were all "glowing" and I'm pretty sure Erika had a little something to do with that. You will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture User4929729, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

In addition to being an outstanding makeup artist, Erika has such an inner calm and generous personality that you are immediately put at easy. When an event is so big and you worry about everything falling into place starting my daughter's wedding day in the salon with Erika was the perfect way to set the tone for the day. Calm, confident, professional she immediately puts you at easy. My daughter, the bride: my younger daughter, the maid of honor and I never looked better. A thousand thank you's are not enough to express our gratitude.

Profile Picture Irene`, 7/18/15, 1 Review
4.7

Thank you so very, very much. As a general non-makeup wearer (Some BB cream is about the maximum effort I put in most days), I felt both beautiful and exactly like myself- just better, on my wedding day. I'm still getting compliments over a month later, and it is my pleasure to send women your way, relating to them both the great makeup job, and the positive test-drive experience. It is refreshing to speak with a makeup artist who not only listens to a girl's fears about overdoing the paint job, but also has no problem both proving my fears to be unfounded, and surprising me with colors I never believed I could wear. Last and important point to make, the actual act of putting my makeup on in the morning prior to the wedding was a relaxing/grounding experience, and Erika had no problem making minor adjustments to my makeup up to the last minute, to ensure that I felt happy and confident on my big day.

An additional shout-out to the hair stylist, Jill Klusky, who did mine, and particularly she has done an excellent job curling hair that mostly prefers to remain straight. My head felt light as a feather despite the numerous pins and hair fixings, but it wasn't even a little sticky or hair-spray crunchy and most impressive of all, even with all the familial affection manhandling, my hair kept its shape all night until I took it down myself.

Thank you ladies for helping make my wedding a memorable wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Yasmin, 6/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Erika is the most talented, gifted professional make-up artist. She made me and my family feel so special and beautiful on our wedding day. Her attention to detail and ability to transform the look you want is to perfection. She is so amazing!
Her level of professionalism and sense of humor shines through from the moment you meet her.

Profile Picture dina, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Erika was great. I could never recommend anyone better. She was very professional and did an amazing job on me and all my bridesmaids. I can't wait to have another event to go to to have my makeup done. Thank you Erika for making my special day perfect.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/22/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Erika did my make-up for my wedding as well as my Mom and Mother-In -Law's makeup. She was patient as everyone had a different vision of what they wanted and gave her opinions on what looked great so we would look our best. Everyone was thrilled with the results. It was well worth paying for a trial as Erika takes her time to make certain you look and feel great. We hired Erika to stay during pictures as we quickly realize we were going to cry during the reveal and a few other special moments. Erika followed me around with her sponge to blot and the blush to touch up every time. She was fun and I am so glad she was part of my special day.

Profile Picture Michele, 10/26/14, 5 Reviews