Makeup by Erika Jansen Reviews

34 | New York, NY

34 Reviews for Makeup by Erika Jansen

Jessica S · Married on 08/23/2020

Beautiful bridal work that lasts all day and night!

When choosing a bridal makeup artist, I looked for someone with experience with Asian clients and someone whose personality and energy I would want with me on my biggest day to date. Erika was the perfect choice. What spoke to me was her understanding of my vision to enhance beauty and not just transform my look. I don't normally wear makeup so it was important to me that when my groom sees me, or when we look back at our wedding pictures, that he sees an elevated me and the first thought is not - wow that's a lot of makeup.
    There are a lot of details to consider when being among the first to have a wedding during the COVID-19 pandemic and Erika was thoughtful about social distancing work stations for my bridal party and me in the Viana Hotel and Spa salon. She wore a mask the whole time and my girls and I only took our mask off when she worked on the lower face. Her practices were hygienic - including clean brushes between clients, single use mascara wands, and option for her to use our own brushes from home if we felt uncomfortable.
    In the moments leading up to your wedding you want Erika who is kind, sensitive, and can help diffuse stress. Erika cares about her brides - she was the only vendor who sent me a text that she was thinking of me on the day of my original wedding prior to COVID 19 pandemic postponment, she sent another text to cheer me on the night before the wedding, and during the morning of the wedding when there was unanticipated drama she had the right words to turn down my panic level.
    I liked that Erika was always approachable, like a friend you could always text. And I could see the extra effort she takes, for example staying at the hotel the night before so there will be no issues with setting everything up bright and early.
    I am so pleased with her work and how personal the experience felt and definitely recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 09/27/2019

So awesome!

Erika is amazing. She is talented, listens to the clients' ideas and comfort levels, and she is so much fun! She had me, my mom and my girls laughing in the morning getting ready! I had a variety of girls' styles, some were used to wearing lots of makeup and some preferred it more light and Erika and her assistant adjusted to make everyone happy. I in particular have naturally thin eyebrows - always have, I've never waxed or threaded or anything, that's just what I'm stuck with. So I don't actually like big drawn on eyebrows because it changes me completely. Erika was reluctant since shaped eyebrows are the style now, but she listened to me and mixed colors to match my hair and she truly made me look and feel beautiful. Erika checked different lighting and different cell phone pictures to make sure that nothing photographed funny later when my guests would use their own devices. My makeup lasted through the day, into the evening and through my food truck hotel after party. I cannot say more good things about Erika and her work, I totally recommend calling her!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Kristina · Married on 09/13/2019

Personable, attention to detail- true artist!

I just did my trial and I can’t even tell you how amazing I look and feel. My make up is TO DIE FOR. The look I went for is not a standard bridal look and she NAILED it! I now have another reason I can’t wait until I get married!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2019

Dream Come True Makeup Artist

Finding a makeup artist can definitely be one of the hardest things especially for your wedding day because it’s one the most important things to check off your list. The second I met Erika I just knew she was the real deal. I’m pretty particular about how my makeup is done being a competitive dance coach and having applied makeup to 100’s of my students, but for some reason when I sat in her chair for my wedding makeup trial I gave her complete control and told her to do what she thought would look the best. The trust she brings forth to her clients is unreal. It is calming and indescribable. She communicates with you, learns about you, definitely makes you laugh, and she takes the time and effort with all her love into making you feel and look absolutely beautiful. She is talented and real and those are hard qualities to find in a makeup artist. There is no question Erika made me look and feel absolutely stunning on my wedding day. The attention to detail she has is inspiring. She also made my bridal party feel and look exactly how I did and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Her amazing personality shines through in the amazing work she does and you can tell her passion for makeup is like no one else. I highly recommend her to other and and all LI brides. I can promise you you will not be disappointed. Thank you Erika for turning me into the princess I wanted to be for my special day!!! Grateful for your professionalism but above all the love you have for your clients. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being everything I could have dreamed of and more!!!

Sent on 06/14/2020

Arlene Ginsberg · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing job

My daughter and I had our makeup done by Erika for my son’s wedding. She did an amazing job. The makeup stayed on perfectly all day and looked great in the pictures. She’s very professional and really knows what she’s doing.

Sent on 05/06/2019

April · Married on 04/06/2019

Great makeup artist for your wedding!

Erika made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. I gave her no guidance whatsoever (I'm not a makeup person), and yet she nailed exactly what I wanted. She also did a great job with the rest of the women in the bridal party. She has a great personality and I highly recommend her to other LI brides.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2018

The go-to for wedding makeup!

Erika and her assistant Alex did an amazing job doing makeup for me and my entire bridal party for my wedding. All of the girls looked gorgeous, and she ensured that everyone was happy with their look before getting out of the makeup chair. She also kept me calm and entertained when I got worried about running late. All of our makeup stayed on the whole night and we all got compliments on it! Could not be happier with her services and highly recommend her to one and all!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Christine · Married on 10/06/2018

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I did make-up trial for my upcoming wedding. I received countless compliments later that day at my nephew's wedding. Erika exceeded all expectations. She is not only a talented make-up artist but also genuinely down to earth, easy to talk to and a pleasure to work with. You can't help but love her.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Makeup by Erika Jansen's reply:

Thank you so much Christine, I loved your Energy and story with Steve. Cant wait till Oct 6th 2018 xoxox

kelly · Married on 04/28/2018

I had Erika do my make up for my wedding just this past weekend and she did such a beautiful job!
    She is someone who loves what she does so much and it shows, she makes sure you feel comfortable and makes you the most beautiful you!

All my guests raved about my make up! I would highly recommend having her do your make up for your big day or any other occasion!

love her!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Genesis · Married on 04/28/2018

Where to start ..... she is an incredible make up artist . Makes you feel pretty , makes you feel like you have know her for so long . Very welcome . She’s a unique person . She did my makeup and fix my horrific eyebrows so perfectly I couldn’t ask for more . May god keep blessing her with her hands and unique ways of working . Thank you Erika Jansen ❤️

Sent on 05/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/08/2018

I booked Erika about a year out from my wedding when I found her info on the Viana's website. For the entire year leading up to my wedding, Erika was easy to get in touch with and was always so professional and responsive. Anytime I had a question or a worry, she always made me feel assured and at ease. It was also a big help that she was able to recommend a hair stylist for me and my bridal party.

Being able to have full use of the Viana's Salon for me and my girls the morning of the wedding was such a terrific experience. It made all the girls, and myself, feel so relaxed and comfortable during the getting ready process. Erika made sure to be in contact with both myself and the hotel prior to the wedding day to make sure that everything went smooth that morning - a huge help when you realize all that you need to do that week leading up to the big day.

Erika spent so much time with me that morning to make sure that I looked completely flawless and ready for pictures. I have to say that as someone who can overthink things and pick out little imperfections, I did not do this AT ALL with Erika. I truly knew that I was in the best hands possible and completely loved how my makeup turned out. She really helped me be relaxed and at ease when it came to my beauty routine for that day.

In addition, she went above and beyond by making a trip to my hall (after my pictures and right before my ceremony) to do touch ups and reapply lashes. She even gave my husband a bit of powder to get rid of his shine ;)

All in all, my wedding day would not have been the same without Erika's help and talent. I am SO thankful to have booked her, and would recommend that anyone do the same! Thank you, Erika!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Jen · Married on 10/28/2017

Erika is amazing !! She had done my friends makeup for her wedding a few years ago so I knew when I got married I wanted her for my wedding , I had an early start time for my wedding and she was early and ready to go with her team to make sure the morning went smoothly , she even came to my venue to do last minute touch ups to make sure we all looked amazing ! my makeup and bridesmaids makeup came out stunning !! She's great at what she does !!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Alix · Married on 10/07/2017

Erika was beyond helpful! We set a date for a makeup trial, I had pictures ready and she made it even better. She took copious notes and replicated it and then some on the day of my wedding. Not only was my makeup spectacular but my mother, grandmother, and all of my bridesmaids looked beautiful too. One bridesmaid even said, "I don't like makeup but this looks amazing!".

Sent on 03/21/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 09/30/2017

All I can say is Erika is amazing, makeup was so perfect people didn't recognize me. Love her lip gloss too! My niece Cheryl Schroeder chose Erika and I'm so glad she did. If you don't go with Erika for your special day it's your own fault ladies

Sent on 10/02/2017

Mackenzie · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Erika! . I asked for a glowy/Victoria Secret angel-esque look using airbrushing, with eyes that matched my wedding palette (rose gold/blush, burgundy) and Erika nailed it. She really knows how to listen to her clients, checks with them throughout the process on her progress in creating their dream façade, and takes any feedback & runs with it (or shares her professional opinion if it might not make the best appearance in photos). Any time I felt we could maybe add a little sparkle or shade somewhere, it was like she was reading my mind the moment I opened my mouth to say it or ask, and immediately created what I was thinking. I’ve never felt more beautiful & it showed in all my wedding photos. My bridesmaids & my mother all looked gorgeous. My mom has also never had her makeup professionally done and seeing her feel so beautiful made my heart explode—my mother was glowing in every single one of our photos.

The hairstylists she partners with are the best. Just before my wedding, the hairstylist I worked with during my trial injured her arm & couldn’t do my hair, but Erika assured me she had someone just as fabulous. Sasha is a rare gem. The kind of rare gem who takes your idea & then transforms it into something more magnificent than you can imagine. As she went, my mom & bridesmaids were oohing and ahhing—I couldn’t see much from my vantage but man, the suspense! When I finally did get to see I was blown away. I never could have even dreamt up what Sasha created. One of my longtime friends termed it “khaleesi-chic” and that’s the perfect description. Braids upon braids wrapped around the side & back of my head in a soft, almost magical way. In the front, she had created the most romantic braid (with no tie @the end!!!) that lay with the beachy waves draped over my shoulder. It was BEYOND! And every piece of it was still in place at the end of the night! I will also work with and recommend Erika!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Liz · Married on 09/03/2017

Erika and her team made my Dream day a reality! The price of service was fair and she and her team were professional and friendly. Working with the viana hotel ( where we had our block reservation) Erika ensured our morning went flawlessly. I cannot thank her enough!! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Lisa · Married on 07/07/2017

fabulous!!! One of the best Makeup applications I've ever had. Erica is top notch, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2017

I was freaking out since my wedding was being planned in 6 months and indecisive about makeup artist. I initially found Erika on wedding wire and l got in contact with her. Since she worked so far away from me, l decided to look elsewhere. Erika never pushed or took offense. Fast forward to a horrible trial with Another artist and almost on the verge of tears. I immediately messaged Erika with my vision and she came through!! She was super patient even though we were running late and wonderful every step of the way. She had my mom and l looking fabulous. Highly recommend her❤❤

Sent on 08/23/2017

Natalya · Married on 05/20/2017

I had such a wonderful experience at the Viana Hotel Spa! I really enjoyed working with Erika and Jill. Both Ladies were very professional and made me feel very relaxed and beautiful for my upcoming wedding. Erika was so sweet, methodical and knowledgeable about what she does. I thought my makeup looked incredible! I had long beautiful lashes and flawless looking skin, lasting well throughout the day. What I loved most about my makeup was that it looked very elegant and fashion-forward without feeling too heavy, which is ideal! I didn't have a specific idea of what I wanted but the final result was brilliant and surpassed my expectations.Erika was versatile and tried new things and showed me every step so I could decide what looked best. I really loved the final outcome and I look forward to doing this for my wedding next year! Thank you Erika!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Devon · Married on 10/15/2016

Erika is THE most amazing makeup artist you will ever come across. First of all she is truly an artist - stepping back often to assess her work and make sure every detail is perfect. Second of all she has the patience of a saint! I don't normally wear makeup so not only did Erika take the time to listen to what I wanted and make sure I felt comfortable, she spent about 2 hours helping me find the perfect "lip"!!! On top of that she drove over to my venue after doing my makeup at the hotel just to make sure it was coming out well in the photos. Erika has now been the makeup artist for three weddings in our family; she is truly amazing I can't recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

I went to Erika and Christina (Hair) at the Viana hotel and spa for my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and bridal hair/makeup trial. Erika exceeded my expectations. She and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. She explained everything she was doing and why she was doing it that way. She was very receptive to my wants and comments. She knew what I wanted even when I had trouble describing what I wanted. She did an excellent job and I am super excited for my wedding. She helped me de-stress because now I do not have to worry about my hair and makeup for my wedding because her and her team have it undercontrol. She even helped my other when her blood sugar went low and ran to get fruit for her. She cares about her clients and wants them to be happy; which I am!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

I used Erika for my September 17, 2016 wedding. We stayed at the Viana Hotel and Spa and they referred her to us. I cannot say enough about how awesome Erika is! She did an absolutely amazing job on my makeup as well as my bridal party and both my mom and my mother in-law. None of us wear a lot of makeup and so I know we were all a little picky about our makeup and not wanting to look too made up. Well I can honestly say I have never looked or felt so glamourous and beautiful! My makeup was flawless and looked unbelievable in the photos I have seen so far. We all loved how we looked! We all did hair and makeup at the hotel in the morning and Erika followed us over to the venue later that day to touch us up before the ceremony and again before pictures. She was awesome! She went above and beyond - at one point actually finding my Bridemaids in the cocktail hour so they would be there for pictures. She was a joy to work with - so fun and calm and reassuring! I would highly recommend her to anyone that wants to look beautiful and amazing on their wedding day. I cannot thank her enough for the job she did!!!! She is the BEST!!! In addition, we worked with Stephanie (don't know last name) who also works with Erika - she did all our hair which was equally fabulous! We all looked gorgeous thanks to both Erika and Stephanie!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Kerry · Married on 06/11/2016

Ericka did a great job with mine and my mothers makeup for the wedding. The airbrush felt so light on our skin and cover my mothers Rosacea beautifully. My mom usually sweats anything right off her skin and her makeup stayed all day. She was so accommodating to start at 6 am to allow ample time for our noon wedding. Truly Ericka will find her way to make every bride happy.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Micki · Married on 12/05/2015

After several trials I was so happy to have found Erika! She is by far the most competent and compassionate makeup artist and an all around amazing person. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is very patient and caring which goes a long way in a very stressful wedding day. My trial came out so perfect that my entire wedding party booked with her as well. Erika has incredible attention to detail and she goes above and beyond, she is truly a superstar makeup artist. I would very highly recommend Erika and will use her again and again!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Sally · Married on 09/06/2015

Erika was amazing. She was so easy to talk to, I felt as if I'd known her for years. She listened attentively to me while I explained the look I wanted.
    She then made some suggestions based on her many years of experience and training in her field. Then right to work!!! Still being social while she worked.
    When I looked at the end result.... I couldn't believe it!!!!! It was EXACTLY what I wanted with the right amount of better!!!!!!!! Prior to this experience I hadn't
    Put much thought into make up artists or how they get the money they do. I PROMISE I completely understand now!!!!!!! I was happy to see I still
    Looked like me. It didn't look or feel like I had pounds of make up on. That is why I felt it very important to take the time and write this. I call it an
    Experience because it was. It was fun like I spent the day with a friend. Erika made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more

Sincerely,