Make Me Fabulous Reviews

Make Me Fabulous 6
Make Me Fabulous 7

Elyse Tanner · Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful Experience

Alayne and her team traveled to Albany to do hair and make up for my wedding. From the initial conversation over the phone to my hair/make up trial and then my wedding day, Alayne continued to impress me. She is so friendly and down to earth. She made me feel so comfortable and accented all my assets to make me look and feel Fabulous!!! Alayne's many years of experience is evident by her professionalism and gorgeous artistry that she does. The Make Me Fabulous team also did hair and make up for my Mom, Mother in Law, and my bridal party. They all looked stunning! I would highly recommend Make Me Fabulous for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing experience

Alayne and her team went above and beyond on my wedding day. I could not be happier with my decision to choose them. Alayne arrived at our house right on time and got to work quickly. Even when all the girls were finished she hung around for an hour until we left, just to do any last minute touchups. Alayne took the time to listen to my thoughts and made all the adjustments needed so that I looked perfect! My hair and makeup was incredible (it lasted all night) and I have never felt more beautiful than I did that day. I am so grateful and thankful!!

-Kristen

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha Maurer · Married on 10/20/2018

Alayne and her team are magic!

One of the first things I did when I got engaged was search for hair and makeup artists in the Albany area. Thankfully, I found Make Me Fabulous, and specifically, Alayne, and never looked back. From the first time I met Alayne at the trial, I thought she was kind, generous with her time and gifts, and clear in vision. After falling in love with my first hair and makeup example at the trial, I knew that I picked the right salon. On October 20, Alayne and her team came to my friend's home, and from 9:00-2:30, helped make 9 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and myself, all look our very best. Alayne and her team arrived right on time and certainly boosted our confidence as we each had our hair and makeup done. Looking back at pictures, I'm so thankful that Make Me Fabulous was involved on our wedding day!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Make Me Fabulous 8
    Make Me Fabulous 9
    Make Me Fabulous 10
    Make Me Fabulous 11

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

Alayne and the whole Make Me Fabulous team were amazing! I came in on the day of my wedding for my hair and makeup appt. with the worst sunburn! Alayne and her team treated my sunburn and covered it. They made me feel so comfortable and eased my mind. My wedding hair and makeup, along with my bridesmaids and mother-in-law’s hair and makeup was FABULOUS! All the girls were kind and made us all feel so beautiful! I cannot thank Alayne and the Make Me Fabulous team enough!

Sent on 09/10/2018
  • Jaime-Leigh

Jaime · Married on 04/28/2018

MMF IS AMAZING!!!!!! They were recommended to me by – of all people – my videographer and oh my goodness was it the best recommendation EVER! We had a big hiccup in the weeks leading up to the wedding that Alayne handled like a champ (literally felt like she moved mountains to not only give me a good resolution but give me peace of mind so it was one less thing to worry about before the big day!). Kristina, my MUA (who also did my eyelash extensions), has a talent beyond words! I felt like a supermodel at my wedding and the makeup stayed perfectly in place the entire night even though by the end of the night I was a hot mess (literally lol). I chopped off all my hair after the wedding – Alayne did it – and it looks awesome! I will be continuing to go to this salon for years to come. The ladies are WONDERFUL to work with and turn out such incredible results. You will not regret signing with them. If I could give them a hundred stars I would!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    Make Me Fabulous 12
    Make Me Fabulous 13
    Make Me Fabulous 14

Make Me Fabulous's reply:

Jaime, thank you for all your kind words. to say that you are one of our favorite brides would be be an understatement! You are a dream client and trusted in us to get you to your perfect day even with hiccups! We are so glad that you are Forever A Bride at MMF!

Chenique · Married on 03/02/2018

Make Me Fabulous is top notch! I knew I was in good hands just browsing their social media pages and once I had my trial I did not have a care in the world. Alayne really went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect. She even came to the venue to touch me up due to poor weather the day of that really had me feeling nervous. I'd highly recommend them. Alayne and her team made my girls and I look absolutely amazing!

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/03/2017

Lauren and Angela were a dream team! I showed them pictures of what I wanted and they nailed the look completely. They did my hair and makeup trial months before my wedding and took pictures of the final look. On the day of the wedding, they arrived promptly and came totally prepared (with the trial pictures) replicating exactly what they had done before. They made my mom, mother-in-law and bridesmaids look and feel beautiful too! And to top it all off, they were fun, friendly and easygoing. I can't recommend them enough! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/11/2018
    Make Me Fabulous 15

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2017

So responsive and professional. We started really early in the morning and they were still early to set up. My hair and make up was perfect! The bridal coordinator was always willing and quick to answer questions.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Kristina · Married on 08/18/2017

You can't underestimate the importance of looking beautiful on your wedding day and Alayne goes above and beyond to make sure that happens. Lauren, the bridal coordinator, is professional and helpful when it comes to scheduling appointments and planning your wedding day timeline. After my hair and makeup trial I knew I had made the right decision choosing Make Me Fabulous. I tried several different hair styles and Alayne took numerous photos so I could decide on which look I liked best. Our wedding day was humid and rainy but Alayne assured me I could still wear my hair down like I had planned. After first look and pictures she touched up my makeup and curled my hair again so I looked perfect for the ceremony. After the ceremony she brought me to a side room to put my hair up. She was able to recreate the hair style I liked best from my trial and it looked even better than the first time. I have thick long hair and she was able to do it under 20 minutes so I was able to enjoy some of cocktail hour. I am so glad I had Alayne stay the extra hours at our venue. She is so talented, friendly and has a calm demeanor. My hair and makeup looked flawless all night even with the humidity.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Kate · Married on 06/03/2017

Including my own I have been in 4 weddings this year alone. Make Me Fabulous is by far the best hair and makeup vendor in the Capital District and beyond. I had nine girls and 5 other family members who required hair and makeup the day of the wedding. Not only were they incredibly timely (we were finished ahead of schedule) but every single lady loved her hair, which is no small feat. All of our hair was set (not just the brides) ensuring that our looks lasted all day. My hair was absolutely gorgeous. Exactly what I had showed them and what we had agreed upon during the trial. Not only that it lasted all the way until 3am when my husband and I finally called it a night. Furthermore, one of my girls at the last minute decided she wanted her makeup done and they easily accommodated her. I would highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

Angela (hair stylist) and Sue (makeup artist) at Make Me Fabulous were just the best! They were so sweet and fun to have be a part of our big day. My hair and makeup were so perfect and flawless. They worked with me to get everything just perfect. And my bridesmaids and mother looked simply stunning. Sue's attention to detail on the eye makeup in particular was incredible, and Angela did an amazing job on everyone's hair. Everyone felt their most beautiful. And it all lasted through the wee hours of the night. I highly recommend Make Me Fabulous!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Sara · Married on 10/29/2016

I was very pleased with my choice in selecting Make Me Fabulous for my wedding day makeup services. Lauren the coordinator was very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. Susan was the makeup artist and she was great. She was very helpful during the trial in providing different options and choices. I provided some follow up comments and she was great in incorporating those on the day of the wedding. It was the perfect look I was going for, simple and elegant. The makeup lasted all day and night as well. My bridesmaids, mom and other family members were also quite satisfied with the final product. I would recommend Susan, Lauren, and Make Me Fabulous to anyone looking for makeup services.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Ginny · Married on 10/22/2016

The ladies at Make Me Fabulous are hands down the best bridal hair and makeup professionals in the Capital District and beyond!! Lauren and Angela made me feel absolutely gorgeous and listened to every request I had. All of my bridesmaids, my mom, and a couple of friends looked stunning and they accommodated all of their hair and makeup requests the day of the wedding. Not only is Lauren an extremely talented makeup artist she is also an incredibly dedicated coordinator and will be with you every step up the way while setting up your services for your day. On top of it all, Lauren and Angela are two of the nicest people you will meet and were a joy to spend my wedding morning with!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Jordan · Married on 10/16/2016

Lauren (Makeup Maven) & Angela (Hair Extraordinaire) from Make Me Fabulous not only Made Us Fabulous but MADE MY WEDDING MORNING FABULOUS. They were AMAZING to share my day with.

But my unbelievable experience with this salon began before the big day. Lauren, who also serves as Bridal Coordinator was pleasant, professional, and REALLY helpful since I was a first-time wedding planner and wasn't exactly sure what I needed (or wanted). Further, planning from a distance (I live downstate) proved a little challenging for my hair & makeup trial but Lauren made it her business to be accommodating and made sure I had an appointment with time to spare should we need a second - which I definitely didn't! When I walked in the day of my trial, the girls were awesome! They listened to exactly what I wanted and MADE ME FABULOUS! While there, I also had the pleasure of meeting other ladies in the salon. ALL AMAZING! While Lauren and Angela were working with me, I'm sure anyone would have done a similarly stellar job.

On the big day, Lauren & Angela arrived on time, were prepared, and were able to complete my bridal party's hair and makeup to their exact specifications (without prior trials, might I add!) from photos and verbal descriptions. They were super personable and fun to be around. It was really nice having some non-family / friend insight and senses of humor. We needed it! Looking back now, I truly can't imagine having gotten ready without them there. Their skills were unparalleled and they themselves were simply something special.

Ladies - they will make you and your bridal party fabulous but they will also make your entire experience fabulous. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Sheryl · Married on 10/07/2016

The staff here is just amazing. I can't say enough great thigs about them. My entire bridal party looked absolutely stunning and they did whatever I wanted to make sure my day was picture perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Kate · Married on 10/01/2016

I got married in southern Vermont and was having trouble finding a local hair and makeup artist. Another bride who got married at my venue had used MMF, and luckily they still had my date open. They were worth every penny. They have a dedicated bridal coordinator to work with you and help you plan your timeline for the day. I was so happy with my hair and makeup trial, and on my wedding day it was recreated perfectly. All of my bridesmaids looked drop-dead gorgeous and were happy with their styles. MMF are professional, talented artists and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Hair and makeup was something I really worried about in the wedding planning process. I decided to book Make Me Fabulous after reading many great reviews of their services. I was very happy with how beautiful my wedding party and myself looked on my wedding day. Angela did a fantastic job with each of the different hairstyles and Sue did great with all the makeup. Everybody's style was a little bit different but it all looked cohesive which was important to me. I would highly recommend MMF to anyone looking for professional hair and makeup services.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Kristina · Married on 09/16/2016

Lauren from Make Me Fabulous is AMAZING! In many ways bridal makeup is one of the most important parts of your wedding, and Lauren was able to work with me and my girls to achieve the perfect looks. She was a pleasure to work with and was very willing to listen to what we wanted and was able to transform our ideas and wishes into reality. I could not say enough things about how great she was and how pleased I am with her service. I have and will continue to recommend to friends and family that they just schedule a trial and they will be convinced

Sent on 10/02/2016
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/03/2016

I loved the MakeMeFabulous team for my wedding! Angela did an amazing job styling my hair. I changed my mind about an updo to wearing it down last minute, and she pulled it off easily. Lauren did my make up and it looked flawless! She also has the best bubbly personality and is great to be around when getting ready for the big day. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Emily · Married on 08/20/2016

Alayne and team were truly INCREDIBLE! They book up so fast so I suggest booking them ASAP to guarantee that they will be a part of your wedding day. Everyone was so happy with their services and their professionalism. I felt gorgeous on our wedding day and my hair and makeup held up all day. This was so important to me and my wedding would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Jen · Married on 08/06/2016

Make Me Fabulous was absolutely wonderful!! Working with Lauren as our coordinator made everything so easy, and we were lucky enough to have her come to my house with her team the day of my wedding! I had the pleasure of having Sue do my makeup and Angela do my hair, and both were incredible! I felt so natural and beautiful because of how these two lovely ladies took care of me! Not only did they do a wonderful job with me, but my whole bridal party (10 bridesmaids and my mom) all had a wonderful experience, too! Every woman looked gorgeous, and the ladies really listened to every persons' needs! I could not have had a better experience with Make Me Fabulous and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to anyone looking for bridal party hair and makeup! They are such a fun bunch, too! If you're looking for laughs, punctual service, artists who are receptive to requests, and incredible hair and makeup artists, you definitely should consider Make Me Fabulous!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Hillary · Married on 07/30/2016

I got married on July 30th and they came to do my hair and make up at the Sagamore. They were amazing and I highly recommend. So nice and accommodating.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Camille · Married on 06/25/2016

Make Me Fabulous was a great business to work with. Lauren not only took care of all our booking needs but she is a talented makeup artist! She and Courtney traveled to Hunter Mountain to transform all of us into beautiful, confident ladies!
    The bride was soo happy with her hair and makeup she kept telling everyone at the wedding how much she loved the outcome. Lauren and Courtney put in a full day and were calm, encouraging and engaged the whole time making everyone feel at ease and beautiful. They listened to everyone's idea of what they wanted and made helpful suggestions.
    We could not have been happier... Thank You Ladies for adding to a perfect day!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Gina · Married on 04/16/2016

Nothing, but compliments for the team at Make Me Fabulous! From the moment I sent my first email inquiring about Make Me Fabulous until my wedding day, the team at MMF was extremely friendly, professional and fun! When I went in for my bridal preview, I was welcomed to the store right away and made to feel very appreciated. I had 6 bridesmaids total and myself. Lauren was very prompt in answering all my emails and was such a sweetheart in person! Courtney did an excellent job with all my bridesmaids' hair and did my hair in a way I wasn't expecting and not only did it look wonderful, it actually withstood a flurry of women attempting to clip in my veil on my wedding day! Sue did a fabulous job on my make up and all of my bridesmaids were extremely happy because she listened to everything they wanted and was naming a lot of the products throughout the process in case someone was interested in purchasing the item after the wedding day. I love how MMF uses Bare Minerals products as that it what I use on my face already so I knew I wouldn't react to anything or breakout. I would absolutely use Make me Fabulous for hair and makeup again for upcoming weddings to attend or special events. This is a truly special team of ladies! Thank you all for all your hard work through my wedding planning process!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Kate · Married on 12/19/2015

Make Me Fabulous was awesome! I used Alayne, the owner, for my bridal hair and make up, and she really is the kind of person you want to spend your wedding morning with. You do not necessarily need to enjoy the personality of all of your vendors, but you'll be spending 2 or 3 hours with your hair and make up artist the morning of your wedding, so it's important that you're hiring someone who you gel with. Alayne made me laugh, told me I had great hair and really listened to me both at my trial and the morning of. She asked great questions to understand the whole vibe of the wedding, and was actually able to articulate "my vision" way better than I ever was able to.

The stylists that did my bridesmaids were equally amazing, and it is truly remarkable how great we all still looked at the after party on Caroline Street at 2:00am. No one looked overly done-up and I so appreciated that we all looked like ourselves (but way way better).

There was some slight confusion with the cost with my final contract, and they immediately fixed the issue. I felt heard and valued, and was so appreciative of their flexibility and willingness to help.

The morning of my wedding went so smoothly we ended up having some time to kill before we went to the reception. I have never seen this happen before, and I was SO glad that the trains truly ran on time that morning.

I highly recommend MMF and their whole staff. They're really the whole package.

Sent on 01/12/2016