59 Reviews for Main Street Bakery & Catering

French (1)
Thai (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
55 Main Street Bakery & Catering Reviews

Main Street Bakery & Catering catered a 'Welcome Dinner' for 90 people at Shenandoah Woods the night before our son's wedding. They exceeded expectations at all levels - planning, flexibility, quality of food, and experienced and attentive staff. Chef Chuck, Jimmy, Chris, Carey, and the rest of the staff couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant to work with - what a phenomenal team! Guests couldn't say enough about how delicious everything was, even the cheese selection. I was able to relax within minutes of observing the team knowing that all was in good hands. I highly recommend engaging them for your event - you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Patricia, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the Flourless Chocolate Torte, the Pumpkin Pie, and the Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie from Main Street Catering at our Fall wedding. The pies were amazing. The line was longest for the Chocolate Torte, though in my opinion the Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie was to die for and folks also mentioned that the Pumpkin was very good.
We made an appointment for a tasting in April and everyone was professional and accommodating. Our order went smoothly with good communication through the entire process. We thought the value was great for the excellent quality pies. We definitely recommend Main Street Catering and Bakery for Pies!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
3.0

Overall, the quality of the Main Street's food was very good. We really enjoyed the hot appetizers, like the mac n cheese and pulled pork sliders. They also did great meat/veggie chilis and corn muffins for our welcome dinner, and quiches for our brunch. The pies were also top notch. The chicken tagine was a little dry, so overall I would give the food a 4-star review.

I've bumped it down to 3 stars because of the customer service. There was significant turnover during the year I worked with them, and no one kept any records, so I had to reexplain things repeatedly to new employees, and a few of my priorities got lost in the shuffle. For example, we really didn't want there to be a long line at the bar during cocktail hour. While one employee assured me she'd make sure two people were there serving drinks, that message got lost when she left, and we ended up with one server and a super long line. As another example, we took the time to make the bartender a list of all the alcohol we had purchased so he could keep track. At the end of the evening, we found both cases of champagne in the refrigerator, unopened, because he never offered it to anyone. On top of this, there were several other pretty basic catering tasks that only happened because I reminded someone, like lighting candles and bringing beer steins.

So, in summary, the food was pretty good, but this is not going to be a vendor where your experience is easy or smooth sailing.

Profile Picture Ona, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), American, Mediterranean, Southern, Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Main Street Bakery catered three events for our wedding: day-of breakfast, the wedding reception meal (including pies for dessert!), and Sunday brunch. All were fantastic. Our guests said the reception food was the best wedding food we ever had. I took one star off because we had three different coordinators over the year we had them booked and I had to repeat a lot of information. That being said, we would still use them in a heartbeat and recommend them to anyone who is getting married in the area.

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used MSB for our rehearsal dinner on August 4th at the Manor House behind the Mimslyn Inn, for our wedding on August 5th at Khimaira Farm, for a farewell breakfast on August 6th also at the Manor House, and we purchased cookies from them for our welcome bags! Words can't express how happy I am that I chose MSB for all these events. The food is AMAZING, and our guests were complimenting every meal they tasted. We did heavy app service and cocktails with a bartender they provided for our rehearsal and everything went so smoothly. For the wedding we did a fancier take on BBQ with all the sides and all 130 of our guests were full and raving about the food! They even were able to make special accommodations for guests with allergies and special diets. For the breakfast They brought in these unbelievable fresh pastries, bagels, lox and so on. It was a lovely end to our weekend. Based on what Iv heard from other friends getting married, their prices are extremely reasonable. They were so easy to work with and knew all the ins and outs of Khimaira and the Manor House which made eveything so much easier for us. I would without a doubt use MSB for events in the future!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), American, BBQ, Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

I had Main Street Bakery & Catering cater my rehearsal dinner and appetizers for a "Welcome Reception" afterwards-- they were delicious! Everyone loved the food, and Stephanie was really responsive and easy to communicate with. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception

Coming from out of town, I found Main Street Bakery/Catering very professional and welcoming. We personally met the chef & the planner, so began to develop a relationship immediately. The menu was diverse, the planner/manager explained what they offered and gave the pricing upfront, plus later she was very attentive & prompt in answering questions. Once we secured a venue, they visited the site to be sure of table size. #, & configuration. When options became available to set up earlier than planned, MSBC switched to accommodate us. The service at our rehearsal dinner was awesome, and servers went above & beyond what we requested. They were efficient, courteous, prompt, and organized. In my book, they earned an A+ rating.

Profile Picture Sally, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From start to finish we really are happy that we picked Main Street Bakery. The recipes the chef used were delicious. Stephanie, their coordinator, is very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the catering business. We had a couple of tastings to identify the choices. I thought the prices were very reasonable. They did supply two bartenders, but we purchased all of the alcohol, mixers and garnish on our own.

Profile Picture Joan, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Main Street was the perfect caterer. The food was amazing, we had a great tasting with them and their incredibly extensive menu options, and they were incredibly responsive throughout the process. And the food was AMAZING!!! Plus, their prices are very reasonable. If you're getting married anywhere near Luray, we'd highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Alex, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: American, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Buffet
4.7

We are so happy we chose Main Street Bakery and Catering for our wedding! They were great to work with over the last few months. We had a laid back buffet style meal that consisted of: BBQ Chicken, burger sliders, smoked gouda mac n cheese, honey glazed carrots, potato salad, and garden salad. Everything was delicious and all of our guests were very happy with everything. They have worked at our venue (Khimaira Farm) many times so that was an added bonus, everything went smoothly. I definitely recommend them if you are searching for a caterer.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Main Street definitely knows the wedding business and is the best bet for anyone getting married in the Luray area. Their service is very flexible -- you pay per person per item -- so you can tailor the menu however you want. They were willing to accomoate all of our specific requests on the day of, and we had quite a number. The food is good, not the most amazing ever, but it will please a variety of different tastes (as you must with a wedding) and they know how to handle the service. Our recommendation is to provide a comprehensive list of the specific items you'd like to have at your tasting before going in; otherwise you may end up serving items you've never tasted or doing a second tasting.

Profile Picture Janna, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would not hesitate to recommend Main Street Bakery & Catering to anyone seeking a caterer for their wedding or event. They were always on top of the schedule, making appropriate suggestions and accommodated all our requests. Our main contact, Danielle Painter, was a delight to work with. Her email correspondence was always professional, and at the same time, very personal and warm.

Profile Picture Lori, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Danielle was awesome! She was helpful when we needed it and accommodating of our ideas! She was great about being available at times that worked for us! Chuck's food was awesome, especially the apps (crab cakes and stuffed mushrooms). The day of our wedding they were excellent! Everything was on time and executed how we had discussed! The staff (bartenders and servers) were great! They even saved us apps from the cocktail hour, which were obviously my favorite! We also had our cake and cupcakes from Main Street and those were raved about by so many guests! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Bartender(s)

I had an event at the Westcott House in Luray. Main Street Bakery and Catering was very easy to work with! Absolutely helpful staff! They customize catering orders from a very large selection so everyone's happy, not to mention that the foods amazing and the portion sizes are LARGE! The party LOVED their accortrd bars and cookies! 10/10 would recommend to a friend or anyone looking for caterers who know their stuff!

Profile Picture Arthur, 3/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Before the event, the bakery always answered my many emailed questions with courtesy and promptness. At the event, the food was plentiful and excellent (we had three vegetarian appetizers, lemonade, and cake for about 100 people.) The staff were incredibly professional, kind, and helpful, and everything tasted wonderful. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User7892350, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I was so happy to use Main Street for my wedding! The food was absolutely fantastic. We wanted dishes that would fit the season and our Christmas theme. We also specifically wanted a hot cocoa and coffee bar, a plated meal, and a bar service as well. They were extremely flexible and worked with our own existing ideas to create something that was truly unique and exceptional! Service and price was fantastic! I would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture User5443386, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

So I may have had a Harry Potter theme to my wedding, and any good Hogwarts feast needs tasty, rich, fall, cozy food. Our wedding meal was the brainchild of Chef Chuck at Main Street Bakery and Catering (MSBC) in downtown Luray, VA. I supplied MSBC with a list of ideas prior to the tasting to narrow down what we were after. Danielle worked with me over the coming weeks to help me tweek servings, pricing, and deal with the needs of many guests. She was a gem who understood we were pulling off an event, and that it was never finalized until it was served. Working with them was easy and fluid, we all were in this together, and we could make changes and ask questions up until the near end.
The staff were hilarious and friendly, yet extremely professional. Chuck was exceptionally thoughtful in listening to what we thought we wanted, and helping us learn how pairings work, what we should aim for, and help shape our ideas so that they still retained our original ideas.
Finally, their prices were GREAT. Seriously. This is a major part of why we looked to hold our wedding someplace like Luray instead of DC. ~$3500 for 160 servings:
Appetizer: butternut squash soup that was circulated in small espresso sized mugs
Main: pork tenderloin in a cider reduction
Sides: 3-colored potatoes, Asparagus/Mushroom ragu, and 3 Sisters Vegan bean medley.

They also were spectacular in making dishes vegan instead of just vegetarian, so it could be enjoyed more widely.

Profile Picture Karoline, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Danielle was a super responsive and worked with us as our guest count fluctuated =). All of our guests loved the food and we had just about the perfect amount...(it's Tuesday night and we are just about to finish up the last of the leftovers from our Sunday wedding). Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kara, 11/13/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, American, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian

Everyone we worked with from Main Street was awesome. Chuck helped us put together a great menu and held a tasting with us which was wonderful and assured us we made the right choice - we were wishing we could eat more! Danielle helped with the coordination of the event and she did such a fantastic job. Every little question I had she helped explain in a timely manner and really made me feel like the event was in good hands. She put personal touches on everything and I really felt like she cared about how things would go just as much as I did.

The pricing was very reasonable and since they allow you to cover certain items on your own if you want to (like bringing your own beverages, cake, cups, plates, etc.) you can feel good knowing you're in control of your budget.

On top of every other reason this business is great, I feel like they care about the community. They do things like using local produce and donating leftovers to the women's shelter.

Definitely recommend using this for your catering - you wil be making the right choice. Thanks Main St. for making our event so fantastic!!

Profile Picture Tara, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Danielle and Chuck did a wonderful job throughout the entire process! They were very accommodating and understanding throughout. We are receiving so many compliments from our guests regarding how wonderful the food tasted and was presented. There were many different ideas that we gave Danielle and Chuck and they were able to translate and capture our overall theme. They were very flexible and provided different options to save money to make sure we did not go over our planned budget. Super helpful! Payment and reminders were very helpful along with the monthly check-ins to make sure we were all good to go! We had a wonderful experience and we would love to work with them again!

Wedding 11/6/16
Reception Dinner, Ceremony Heavy Hors D'oeuvres & Cake

Profile Picture User5337845, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Southern, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

This is the first wedding I have ever been to that everyone LOVED the food!! Short ribs, chicken, KILLER mac and cheese and KILLER corn and basil pudding!!! All fabulous. Wait staff, bartenders, chef and event coordinator, Danielle all so easy to work with. This staff truly went above and beyond to take care of every detail.

Profile Picture Ann, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

This past weekend Mainstreet catered the food for our Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Reception, Sunday Brunch, and muffins for breakfast on our wedding day. While we got off to a rocky start with our initial tasting, we can happily say that we are extremely satisfied with the way things turned out. Chef Chuck and his staff did an amazing job putting together menus that fit our budget as well as our flavor preferences. Their coordinator Danielle went above and beyond to work with us to make sure that our menu selections were exactly what we were looking for. Overall we are pleased with our experience with Mainstreet and would recommend them to other couples looking for a wedding and event caterer.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: No Pork, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Italian, Mediterranean

Working with Main Street Bakery was an absolute joy. We received so many compliments from our guests on the food at our reception throughout the evening. I don't think we could be any happier with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture User7335559, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Main Street Bakery has delicious food, and wonderful employees! When I first secured this venue I was looking at price since I was on a tight budget. They have VERY reasonable prices, and very talented chefs/cooks. MSB was also very accommodating, I live in Idaho so when I flew home to go to my venue's open house with my mother they were so kind to fit me into their busy schedule for a tasting that same weekend. Their responsiveness is on point, every time I sent out an email I received one back within 24 hours. They were also great at checking in with me and sending emails out to ensure I hadn't changed my mind about any of the services. The day of the wedding everything was set up perfectly and the service was outstanding with their staff. Clean up was very fast and efficient. If your looking for personable, affordable, and great quality service and food I would definitely recommend Main Street Bakery!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things about this business! My only regret is not using them for all of my wedding catering. They did our rehearsal dinner, dessert, and breakfast the morning after. Everyone was so impressed with it all. The food is fresh, delicious, and beautifully prepared. Danielle was also super proactive in communicating with us and making sure things went smoothly/ everything was exactly as we wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture User5635886, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Mediterranean, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres