Main Street Bakery & Catering Reviews

63 | Luray, VA

63 Reviews for Main Street Bakery & Catering

63 Main Street Bakery & Catering Reviews
  • User5635886 ·

I can't say enough good things about this business! My only regret is not using them for all of my wedding catering. They did our rehearsal dinner, dessert, and breakfast the morning after. Everyone was so impressed with it all. The food is fresh, delicious, and beautifully prepared. Danielle was also super proactive in communicating with us and making sure things went smoothly/ everything was exactly as we wanted. Couldn't be happier!

Elga · Married on 08/18/2018

One week before my wedding, the food truck we'd booked months in advance to provide a post-wedding brunch for 130+ people broke down.
    As soon as I found out, I called Main Street Bakery, where Chef Chuck answered.
    "Hi, I have a tiny pickup order with you guys for next Saturday for a couple quiches and a small salad... any chance we can expand that to a full-service full brunch for 130 guests on Sunday?"
    I think Chef Chuck's initial reaction was "Holy mackerel!" which was immediately followed up by "Let's see what we can do for you." I didn't even have time to panic because right away Chef Chuck and I got to work coming up with a solid plan and had it in place within an hour, which I especially appreciate because I'd called at 5pm on a Friday and so this conversation was all happening after business hours.
    It's tough to admit because I was so excited about the food truck, but the result was probably 800x better than my original food truck plan would have been. They were perfect!!! EVERYONE was talking about how delicious the quiches were. The muffins were smashing. The staff were all professional and friendly. And there was plenty of food for everyone to stuff their post-wedding faces.
    I wish that all things wedding-related were as wonderful as working with Chef Chuck! He took what could have been a meltdown moment and turned it into one of the highlights of our entire wedding. And he was soooo patient, friendly, and comforting! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Claire · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired Main Street Bakery to cater our rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch. Both included absolutely incredible food that was complimented extensively by our guests. Furthermore, they were kind, helpful and a pleasure to work with.

Patricia · Married on 06/08/2018

Main Street Bakery & Catering catered a 'Welcome Dinner' for 90 people at Shenandoah Woods the night before our son's wedding. They exceeded expectations at all levels - planning, flexibility, quality of food, and experienced and attentive staff. Chef Chuck, Jimmy, Chris, Carey, and the rest of the staff couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant to work with - what a phenomenal team! Guests couldn't say enough about how delicious everything was, even the cheese selection. I was able to relax within minutes of observing the team knowing that all was in good hands. I highly recommend engaging them for your event - you won't be disappointed.

Sabrina · Married on 10/29/2017

We had the Flourless Chocolate Torte, the Pumpkin Pie, and the Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie from Main Street Catering at our Fall wedding. The pies were amazing. The line was longest for the Chocolate Torte, though in my opinion the Maple Chocolate Pecan Pie was to die for and folks also mentioned that the Pumpkin was very good.
    We made an appointment for a tasting in April and everyone was professional and accommodating. Our order went smoothly with good communication through the entire process. We thought the value was great for the excellent quality pies. We definitely recommend Main Street Catering and Bakery for Pies!

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2017

We used MSB for our rehearsal dinner on August 4th at the Manor House behind the Mimslyn Inn, for our wedding on August 5th at Khimaira Farm, for a farewell breakfast on August 6th also at the Manor House, and we purchased cookies from them for our welcome bags! Words can't express how happy I am that I chose MSB for all these events. The food is AMAZING, and our guests were complimenting every meal they tasted. We did heavy app service and cocktails with a bartender they provided for our rehearsal and everything went so smoothly. For the wedding we did a fancier take on BBQ with all the sides and all 130 of our guests were full and raving about the food! They even were able to make special accommodations for guests with allergies and special diets. For the breakfast They brought in these unbelievable fresh pastries, bagels, lox and so on. It was a lovely end to our weekend. Based on what Iv heard from other friends getting married, their prices are extremely reasonable. They were so easy to work with and knew all the ins and outs of Khimaira and the Manor House which made eveything so much easier for us. I would without a doubt use MSB for events in the future!

Sally · Married on 06/17/2017

Coming from out of town, I found Main Street Bakery/Catering very professional and welcoming. We personally met the chef & the planner, so began to develop a relationship immediately. The menu was diverse, the planner/manager explained what they offered and gave the pricing upfront, plus later she was very attentive & prompt in answering questions. Once we secured a venue, they visited the site to be sure of table size. #, & configuration. When options became available to set up earlier than planned, MSBC switched to accommodate us. The service at our rehearsal dinner was awesome, and servers went above & beyond what we requested. They were efficient, courteous, prompt, and organized. In my book, they earned an A+ rating.

Joan · Married on 06/10/2017

From start to finish we really are happy that we picked Main Street Bakery. The recipes the chef used were delicious. Stephanie, their coordinator, is very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the catering business. We had a couple of tastings to identify the choices. I thought the prices were very reasonable. They did supply two bartenders, but we purchased all of the alcohol, mixers and garnish on our own.

Alex · Married on 05/13/2017

Main Street was the perfect caterer. The food was amazing, we had a great tasting with them and their incredibly extensive menu options, and they were incredibly responsive throughout the process. And the food was AMAZING!!! Plus, their prices are very reasonable. If you're getting married anywhere near Luray, we'd highly recommend them.

Lori · Married on 04/23/2017

I would not hesitate to recommend Main Street Bakery & Catering to anyone seeking a caterer for their wedding or event. They were always on top of the schedule, making appropriate suggestions and accommodated all our requests. Our main contact, Danielle Painter, was a delight to work with. Her email correspondence was always professional, and at the same time, very personal and warm.

Rebecca · Married on 04/08/2017

Danielle was awesome! She was helpful when we needed it and accommodating of our ideas! She was great about being available at times that worked for us! Chuck's food was awesome, especially the apps (crab cakes and stuffed mushrooms). The day of our wedding they were excellent! Everything was on time and executed how we had discussed! The staff (bartenders and servers) were great! They even saved us apps from the cocktail hour, which were obviously my favorite! We also had our cake and cupcakes from Main Street and those were raved about by so many guests! Thank you!!

Arthur · Married on 03/12/2017

I had an event at the Westcott House in Luray. Main Street Bakery and Catering was very easy to work with! Absolutely helpful staff! They customize catering orders from a very large selection so everyone's happy, not to mention that the foods amazing and the portion sizes are LARGE! The party LOVED their accortrd bars and cookies! 10/10 would recommend to a friend or anyone looking for caterers who know their stuff!

Brennan · Married on 03/04/2017

Before the event, the bakery always answered my many emailed questions with courtesy and promptness. At the event, the food was plentiful and excellent (we had three vegetarian appetizers, lemonade, and cake for about 100 people.) The staff were incredibly professional, kind, and helpful, and everything tasted wonderful. Definitely recommend!

• User5443386 · 1+ year ago

I was so happy to use Main Street for my wedding! The food was absolutely fantastic. We wanted dishes that would fit the season and our Christmas theme. We also specifically wanted a hot cocoa and coffee bar, a plated meal, and a bar service as well. They were extremely flexible and worked with our own existing ideas to create something that was truly unique and exceptional! Service and price was fantastic! I would recommend them to everyone!

Karoline · Married on 11/19/2016

So I may have had a Harry Potter theme to my wedding, and any good Hogwarts feast needs tasty, rich, fall, cozy food. Our wedding meal was the brainchild of Chef Chuck at Main Street Bakery and Catering (MSBC) in downtown Luray, VA. I supplied MSBC with a list of ideas prior to the tasting to narrow down what we were after. Danielle worked with me over the coming weeks to help me tweek servings, pricing, and deal with the needs of many guests. She was a gem who understood we were pulling off an event, and that it was never finalized until it was served. Working with them was easy and fluid, we all were in this together, and we could make changes and ask questions up until the near end.
    The staff were hilarious and friendly, yet extremely professional. Chuck was exceptionally thoughtful in listening to what we thought we wanted, and helping us learn how pairings work, what we should aim for, and help shape our ideas so that they still retained our original ideas.
    Finally, their prices were GREAT. Seriously. This is a major part of why we looked to hold our wedding someplace like Luray instead of DC. ~$3500 for 160 servings:
    Appetizer: butternut squash soup that was circulated in small espresso sized mugs
    Main: pork tenderloin in a cider reduction
    Sides: 3-colored potatoes, Asparagus/Mushroom ragu, and 3 Sisters Vegan bean medley.

They also were spectacular in making dishes vegan instead of just vegetarian, so it could be enjoyed more widely.

Kara · Married on 11/13/2016

Danielle was a super responsive and worked with us as our guest count fluctuated =). All of our guests loved the food and we had just about the perfect amount...(it's Tuesday night and we are just about to finish up the last of the leftovers from our Sunday wedding). Highly recommend!

Tara · Married on 11/12/2016

Everyone we worked with from Main Street was awesome. Chuck helped us put together a great menu and held a tasting with us which was wonderful and assured us we made the right choice - we were wishing we could eat more! Danielle helped with the coordination of the event and she did such a fantastic job. Every little question I had she helped explain in a timely manner and really made me feel like the event was in good hands. She put personal touches on everything and I really felt like she cared about how things would go just as much as I did.

The pricing was very reasonable and since they allow you to cover certain items on your own if you want to (like bringing your own beverages, cake, cups, plates, etc.) you can feel good knowing you're in control of your budget.

On top of every other reason this business is great, I feel like they care about the community. They do things like using local produce and donating leftovers to the women's shelter.

Definitely recommend using this for your catering - you wil be making the right choice. Thanks Main St. for making our event so fantastic!!

Danielle and Chuck did a wonderful job throughout the entire process! They were very accommodating and understanding throughout. We are receiving so many compliments from our guests regarding how wonderful the food tasted and was presented. There were many different ideas that we gave Danielle and Chuck and they were able to translate and capture our overall theme. They were very flexible and provided different options to save money to make sure we did not go over our planned budget. Super helpful! Payment and reminders were very helpful along with the monthly check-ins to make sure we were all good to go! We had a wonderful experience and we would love to work with them again!

Wedding 11/6/16
    Reception Dinner, Ceremony Heavy Hors D'oeuvres & Cake

Ann · Married on 11/05/2016

This is the first wedding I have ever been to that everyone LOVED the food!! Short ribs, chicken, KILLER mac and cheese and KILLER corn and basil pudding!!! All fabulous. Wait staff, bartenders, chef and event coordinator, Danielle all so easy to work with. This staff truly went above and beyond to take care of every detail.

Matt · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Main Street Bakery was an absolute joy. We received so many compliments from our guests on the food at our reception throughout the evening. I don't think we could be any happier with how everything turned out.

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Main Street Bakery has delicious food, and wonderful employees! When I first secured this venue I was looking at price since I was on a tight budget. They have VERY reasonable prices, and very talented chefs/cooks. MSB was also very accommodating, I live in Idaho so when I flew home to go to my venue's open house with my mother they were so kind to fit me into their busy schedule for a tasting that same weekend. Their responsiveness is on point, every time I sent out an email I received one back within 24 hours. They were also great at checking in with me and sending emails out to ensure I hadn't changed my mind about any of the services. The day of the wedding everything was set up perfectly and the service was outstanding with their staff. Clean up was very fast and efficient. If your looking for personable, affordable, and great quality service and food I would definitely recommend Main Street Bakery!

Ellen · Married on 09/17/2016

Our meal was fresh and delicious. Their service was excellent and they were friendly and flexible throughout the planning process.

Rachel · Married on 09/10/2016

10/10 would recommend having the Main Street Bakery cater your wedding. The food is delicious (I still have dreams about the Gouda Mac and Cheese), they know what they're doing when calculating your head count, and they are so professional and on top of everything. The bartender even started serving ahead of his scheduled time, which I know our guests appreciated because of the hot weather! Danielle and Chef Chuck were always available via e-mail, phone, or in-person meetings and helped ease our worries whenever we talked to either of them.

sydney · Married on 07/31/2016

I chose Main Street Bakery & Catering to cater our son's rehearsal dinner. From the first time I spoke with Danielle Painter, I knew things were going to go smoothly. I was planning the dinner as a "remote mother of the groom" and Danielle made every effort to make my job easier. She sent me detailed information on food choices, catering options, etc. to read at my leisure. Having all that detailed info at my fingertips was so helpful while I was making decisions. Chef Chuck's menu choices were extensive and he is always open to changes and additions to meet dietary requirements, cuisine preference ... whatever you want to make your dinner perfect!

I needed a venue for the dinner and Main Street Bakery & Catering gave me a number of suggestions. After some searching, I settled on Hotel Laurance, a recently renovated boutique hotel in downtown Luray, VA. It was a win-win deal! The venue was gorgeous and the food was delicious! The catering wait staff were professional yet personable which made for a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The dinner was a success in every way!

If you are getting married (or having a family reunion or for ANY special event), Main Street Bakery & Catering is your go-to caterer in Luray ....

A Happy New Mother-in-Law in Colorado

Katy · Married on 07/30/2016

Book them. Immediately. Main Street was wonderful! They helped us trouble shoot, plan and pick great food. They made all sorts of cost-saving suggestions (even when we didn't ask for them) and did all sorts of extra special things for our wedding day (like letting us borrow equipment for our rehearsal dinner, delivering us a special tray of aps while we mingled, and adding on a few extras we liked but didn't order). They were wonderful!!