Main Event Caterers Reviews

Main Event Caterers 5
Main Event Caterers 6
Main Event Caterers 7

Charlene · Married on 11/04/2017

MEC was the caterer for our November 2017 wedding and over a month later we are still receiving compliments from our friends & family about the food!! We worked with Spencer throughout the planning process and he was awesome. He was super informative and helped us create an amazing buffet spread with all of our favorite seasonal fall dishes. We really appreciated that he attended our venue walk-through and gave us the run-down of how the catering services would shake out on the day of the wedding. Not only does Spencer have a ton of experience in the wedding/catering industry, but you can tell all the catering staff are experienced as well. Food was our top priority for the event and it did not disappoint. At the end of the night MEC packed up leftovers for us to take home as well which was great for our day-after hangovers! We can't recommend MEC enough.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Jess · Married on 10/22/2017

We are fresh off of our wedding and are still so impressed with the job that Main Event did for us. They the very definition of class. Food can be a critical detail of your wedding that people will remember and we got nothing but compliments at the highest praise for the food and service we got from them. There was never a line for the bar, they were rolling out our signature drinks in style, our guests did not have to wait long between courses at all and everywhere we looked, people were happy. Michelle was wonderful to work with, she ran the show behind the scenes at our event and it was flawless. The chairs, linens, chargers and place settings were gorgeous and we could not be happier with the job that Main Event did. They literally treated us like royalty and we are forever grateful! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Paula · Married on 10/21/2017

Main Events is Fantastic! We really appreciated how promptly we had our tasting and knew immediately after trying their food that we would be in good hands. Spencer and Jackie put together a great menu for us and the communication to finalize details was always timely and on point. On our actual wedding day, the Main Events staff arrived promptly and were so professional and hard working. The food at the reception was delicious and we got so many nice compliments from our guests. We also liked that Main Events is a no-waste kitchen and committed to providing great food in a responsible way.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Main Event from the moment we submitted a request for a proposal. Elyse put together an outstanding proposal that fit perfectly within our budget while also providing us with our top priorities for our wedding. Furthermore, prior to the tasting, she went through numerous revisions with us so we could get exactly what we wanted and try a range of options. On the day of the tasting, Main Event pulled out all the stops to make it a special and fun experience and followed up the day after to address all of the questions and changes we discussed during the actual tasting. After we chose Main Event, our planning process was easy and professional. We were able to go through numerous revisions of our plan with ease and managed to get the price down even lower from the initial proposal, ending up way under budget. (I cannot stress this enough since a number of caterers in DC told us it would be impossible for us to come even close to our budget, which was not exactly unreasonably low). The day of was executed perfectly. The food was fantastic. The service was excellent. The catering manager ensured that we were well fed and got to try everything. I could seriously have not been happier with my choice to use Main Event.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Billy · Married on 10/14/2017

Elyse was a pleasure to work with during the planning of our wedding menu. Liz did a wonderful job documenting our venue layout for guest tables, buffet and cake tables. Aico and team were simply amazing during the entire wedding event. We could not be more pleased with how smoothly everything went.

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Main Event Caterers 8
    Main Event Caterers 9
    Main Event Caterers 10

Hannah · Married on 10/13/2017

Main event was the perfect catering service to provide the tables/chairs and food for my wedding. I worked with Jacqueline Lacot and she was phenomenal in helping me finalize all the details for my big day. The food was AMAZING and the staff were so efficient and polite.

Sent on 10/15/2017
  • Ben

Ben · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired them to cater a wedding of 160+ people and they did a phenomenal job. Food was one of the highest priority items for us and Main Events just knocked it out of the park. Also, did I mention that they had incredible vegetarian options and were very accommodating about dietary restrictions? Just amazing.

Everyone was astounded at the quality of food they were served. And almost just as important, their service was absolutely top notch. Would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/16/2017

KEVIN · Married on 09/16/2017

Awesome company to work with. They catered our wedding and rehearsal at our home. They are professional, caring and personable making them a winning team. We strongly recommend that you inquire about their services.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

The Main Event Catering team were a dream to work with for our wedding! Spencer and Jackie on their team were incredibly responsive and attentive during the planning process and knew the ins and outs needed for planning at our venue (Shadow Creek). Most answers to our questions were given within a day turnaround, which was so great! From our initial tasting, I knew we needed to select Main Event. Their team executed our wedding reception with outstanding food and top notch service. We even received several compliments from our guests about how delicious the food was! We would definitely recommend going with Main Event Catering for your wedding or event, you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We worked with Main Event for our wedding at Top of the Town. We chose them because they were highly recommended by our venue. They were so easy to work with and delivered high quality food and experience. Our event required them to flip part of the room from the ceremony into dinner seating. They did this so quickly and professionally. In addition, the food was delicious and they actually made sure we ate! They were not the cheapest option we considered, but their professionalism and quality were well worth it.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Elisabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I hosted the September wedding of our daughter and her fiancee at Rockwood Manor in Potomac, MD. The food and service provided by Main Event Caterers was outstanding! They may not be the least expensive in the area but we felt that everything they did definitely was worth it. The staff was professional and very friendly and our guests could not stop talking about the presentation and taste of the vegetarian menu. We did plated and the bride and groom and all of us thought Main Event was a real good choice and a great memory. Thank you!

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Main Event Caterers 11
    Main Event Caterers 12

Michele · Married on 08/26/2017

Food was delicious at our wedding, I didn't think it was possible for wedding food to both look amazing and have really good flavor, but Spencer and his team nailed it!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jasmine · Married on 06/25/2017

If there was a way to give Main Event Caterers 10 stars, I would! Elyse, Liz and the entire MEC team were amazing and so great to work with from start to finish. My husband and I went back and forth on how we wanted our dinner service to flow at the wedding reception and Elyse and Liz were so flexible and accommodating at each turn. Whether we wanted to add Jollof Rice from my mother-in-law or muddled strawberries to our Moscow Mules, they made it happen. When two tables of uninvited guests appeared at our reception, Elyse and her team sprang into action to accommodate the crashers and keep the party going! I was so grateful that they were able to resolve the problem so that I could keep enjoying my wedding day. While I didn't eat much with all of the excitement, the food was so delicious and our guests raved about everything (most especially the mac and cheese) for the entire week after our wedding. I had a perfect wedding day, and I owe so much to our excellent team from MEC!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Charlie · Married on 06/24/2017

Main Event catered our June wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased. We had a moderate budget (with about 100 guests) and the groom (me) and his daughter are vegan :) Main Event came up with some great ideas for delicious vegan appetizers and entrees that even the non-vegans loved! The catering crew worked like clockwork and the bartenders were wonderful. I'd work with them anytime!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Julia · Married on 06/23/2017

We loved working with Main Event and got so many compliments on our wedding food! We especially loved working with Aprill- she was so familiar with our venue (Josephine Butler Parks Center) and made us feel so confident that our special day would run smoothly. Main Event was extremely professional and responsive, while also being flexible- allowing us to use a different vendor for dessert and friends for a cheese display at cocktail hour. I would highly recommend Main Event Caterers!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Meery · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a great experience getting to work with Main Event. They provided a great atmosphere and variety. They had a lot of great choices and they really worked me and worked within my budget to provide me everything I was looking for. Everyone LOVED the braised short rib beef they served. It felt like a very elegant affir. The only con I had was that I felt that I ended up with several different people throughout my time with them and so sometimes I felt like I had to repeat myself. However, the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! The food and service was top-notch. Very professional and Korey, who was the one at the wedding, was amazing! He made us feel like everything was taken care of and he took care of us as well. During our cocktail hour, we were doing portraits and Korey brought us out out drinks and appetiziers just for us so that we were able to enjoy the food as well. They also provided us with a wedding cake and I just wanted something very plain and they also added fresh flower petals to make it look very elegant. Very thoughtful and very accomodating! Would recommend to anyone! The quality of food for the price we received was worth it!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Jordana · Married on 04/29/2017

It took 7 months to plan this lifecycle event involving participation across four states including New York, Massachusetts, Florida and Virginia. At times, it was frustrating and we wondered if it would all truly come together as the Bride's vision of her rustic, swanky chic affair. Led by Planner/Florist Gretchen Wade @dragonflygw we put our faith in her to lead us and keep our concerns to a minimum. We already had the perfect clean slate venue @shadowcreekweddings. She suggested @maineventcatrs and we agreed, crafting a menu of delectable low country fare. We researched and found DJ Romin @zandientertainment because everyone knows the DJ is the heartbeat of the party. The Bride saw Hay Alexandra's work and booked her as the art photog. Sunday is now a precious memory of a magical day where two people in love were celebrated by family and chosen family in the very best way possible. We are still reeling, over the moon, grateful, feeling blessed. This is what it looks like when you assemble a creative team of the most talented individuals of the Virginia/DC wedding industry!

Sent on 04/25/2017

John · Married on 03/25/2017

MEC provided our wedding catering this March (2017) and they were phenomenal. They were extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process and Courtney P. was awesome in putting together a menu and plan that we loved. They were incredibly seamless and professional at the wedding. Thank you so much Main Event!!!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Erin · Married on 12/04/2016

We are so happy that we picked Main Event to cater our wedding. The team (Elyse was the Event Designer and Aprill was the Event Manager) were fantastic to work with and the food was delicious. At our tasting, they suggested (and prepared for us to try) several specialty cocktails, which were the perfect welcome for our guests. They understood our vision for the night and put together a plan that was perfectly suited to us. Everyone has continued to rave about the food, from the passed hors d'oeuvres to the main courses to the miniature cupcakes and other sweets that we did in lieu of a cake. The quality of the food for the price cannot be beat -- highly recommend!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Carly · Married on 11/12/2016

Main Event was fantastic to work with and the quality of the food was superb-- many of our guests commented that everything was delicious and much better than other weddings they've attended. Our contacts there were so accommodating and flexible-- even with a few very last minute changes.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Main Event catered my wedding in a pinch and for a very reasonable price. The food was absolutely delicious and all my guests raved. Plus, I had a guest that was gluten intolerant and they were very willing to work with us so that guest wasn't stuck eating only salad! Aprill & Spencer were so easy to work with and happily agreed to do a tex-mex/taco menu as we didn't want to do the typical chicken, fish, steak meals. Seriously, it was so good! I wish I had their food right now! I will definitely be using their services again in the future!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

We absolutely loved everything about Main Event Caterers. Our wedding was at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD which provided us with a limited list of approved caterers to choose from. Main Event Caterers was a great value for the incredible food provided. All of our wedding guests raved about how delicious the food was, many even mentioned it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. We ended up ordering our wedding cake through them as well and it turned out beautiful. They coordinated all rentals (tables, chairs, linens, etc.) which made planning very easy. Adeline and Spencer were extremely responsive and helpful throughout all of the planning. All of our emails were returned within hours or even minutes. They were helpful in guiding us through all selections from food to chairs and linens. The tasting was wonderful and we felt like valued customers throughout the process. The staff went above and beyond to make sure all guests were happy during the event. Special attention was paid to make sure the groom and myself had plenty of food and wine throughout the night as well. We highly recommend using Main Event for your wedding!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Eleni · Married on 09/10/2016

Jackie and Spencer, and the rest of the Main Event catering team, were an absolute joy to work with; they were incredibly attentive and proactive in their roles in my wedding planning and execution, as well as accommodating. I couldn't have had the perfect wedding I did without their help and services.

Sent on 09/30/2016

We hired Main Events for our Wedding and they were fabulous to work with. They exceeded our expectations. They will work with your budget and make it fit your event style. Their food was delicious on the day of the event and was beautifully presented. Their staff was exceptional to work with as well. They were so professional, friendly, and coordinated our day perfectly.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Susan · Married on 08/27/2016

Unsurprisingly, Main Event was at the top of the search for the best caterers in the DC area, so we immediately scheduled an appointment. Our meeting with Michelle went great, and solidified our choice, however we decided to look into other options as well. We eventually We knew we were in the best hands after our meeting with Michelle and decided on Main Event although their estimate was higher than our 2nd choice caterer. Our menu was carefully crafted for our needs. As a multicultural couple, we needed a caterer who could deliver on various options, and they sure did!
    They also worked seamlessly with our planner and another caterer who provided the Ghanaian option.

Liz managed the entire process after we decided to sign a contract with the team. She was absolutely flawless! Left no stone unturned and made sure we had the best day of our lives. I have nothing buy great things to say about the company, as well as their day of staff (Liz and Michelle included- of course!).

If you are considering between Main Event and another option, please go ahead and select Main Event even if more costly. You will have peace of mind, and know that you are in great hands!!!

Sent on 09/06/2016