Main Event Caterers Reviews

Main Event Caterers 6
Main Event Caterers 7
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious food and great service!

We are so happy we chose Main Event to cater our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests who said they are used to wedding food being 'meh' but this food impressed them! I received such great service from the tasting to the actual wedding day and during the entire wedding planning process. I loved the server in charge of making sure the groom and I constantly had a drink in our hands :)

Chris · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Caterer Around

I've worked in catering for 15 years and as a photographer for the same amount of time. I planned my whole wedding myself and know what I'm talking about. The decision to hire Main Event was an absolute no-brainer. I even told them to skip the tasting and just send me the menu. Why? Let me tell you.

Caterers are for two things: 1) great food and 2) excellent service. Main Event is the place to go for both. The food was spectacular. I've been married now for 6 weeks and every time I see someone who was at my wedding, they are still talking about the food. Those short ribs. Ugh, out of this world. We're a couple focused on making sure everyone is included, comfortable, and taken care of. I asked Main Event to prepare any vegetarian dish as a vegan dish to ensure that everyone had plenty to eat. And because the food was so delicious, I don't think people ate much dessert. Good problem to have.

But as astonishingly good as the food was, it's always the service that makes the difference. Our team was wonderful. From Michelle and Melissa and Daniel in the office to Melissa and June on site to our team of servers and bartenders, the drivers, the chefs, etc. we just had the A-Team all around. Blue Hill Farm is not an easy venue to work in as a caterer with uneven terrain, everything being outdoors, wet grass from torrential rain the day before the wedding, restrictions on parking and truck placement, etc. the space is just a physically difficult place to work. But the service staff, after unloading the trucks, carrying all the equipment across fields, setting up the reception, ceremony, and cocktail hour, and just generally busting their asses, still stopped at every chance to smile at my guests, ask them what they need, and deliver the kind of hospitality that sets Main Event apart from everyone else. And from my guests, they were stunned at how friendly, excited, and willing the staff was to produce anything at any time. Hospitality is very important to me and taking care of our guests from start to finish for our wedding was priority number one. And that's why I picked Main Event. And even knowing what I knew about them, I STILL got more than I asked for. Thank you to the whole team from the bottom of my heart. You're the best.

• Jason

Jason · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic!

Want to impress your guests? Use Main Event! They are fantastic. All their staff, especially Elyse, made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. Their attention to detail made them stand out from all the other vendors we look at. Our guests still keep raving about the food!

• Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Estactic that we have Main Event as our caterers. Quality of food and folks is outstanding. Our wedding guests are still complementing the food! Service was outstanding, food was delicious and Elyse coordinated and accommodated our requests flawlessly. We appreciated having such professionalism on the most important day of our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Eduardo · Married on 09/01/2018

We had a flawless and delicious experience. From service, settings, food and drink itself, all aspects of our wedding’s catering were taken care of expertly. All guests raved about the short ribs. The settings were elegant, the staff was on point at all times. They took care of us and our guests impeccably.

Ashley · Married on 08/10/2018

Main Event was such a great catering service to have on my Big Day. I initially contacted 7 catering services but decided to go with Main Events because of their VERY quick response, reasonable prices, and flexibility to change the menu to my wants. Liz did an amazing job contacting me and providing suggestions. At the tasting it was hard to just pick between all the options. On the day of the bartenders did an amazing job at getting drinks out to large crowd. My husband and I were also provided with our own personal "butler" who constantly check on us to bring us drinks and food. She was absolutely amazing and so sweet.

Arielle · Married on 06/01/2018

It was such a pleasure to work with A Main Event to cater our wedding at Shadow Creek. They did an incredible job from start to finish. So many of our guests complemented on the quality of the food, it was definitely beyond our expectations. We were also blown away by their exceptional service and the professionalism of their catering staff. Spencer and Ali were very responsive and easy to work with. We are thrilled with how everything came out and will definitely be using A Main Event for future events!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 05/26/2018

Main Event was recommended to us by our venue. I cannot sing their praises enough. They gave us a truly customized menu that spot on and absolutely delicious. We looked at multiple caterers, asking for appetizers that reflected my husband’s Asian heritage and palate, and most places offered us “Asian inspired” foods that were very inauthentic- like adding some mandarin oranges or dried ramen-type noodles on top of a salad. Main Event pulled out all the stops with pork buns and a sushi station (a HUGE hit at the wedding) that pleased even the relatives from Hong Kong. Our menu was totally personalized for our tastes, including recreating my sangria recipe. Everything was so delicious- our friends are still talking about how much they loved the food! Michelle was incredibly professional and accommodating, and worked hard to make sure my mother was happy and that everything went smoothly the day of. She even coordinated to have snacks and drinks brought to my husband and I after the ceremony. I can not recommend this caterer enough!

Theresa · Married on 05/25/2018

We can't rate Spencer McCormack and his team at Main Event Caterers highly enough. They were fabulous to work with. They were flexible and accommodating and a genuine pleasure!

Krystina · Married on 05/13/2018

We really enjoyed working with Main Event for our wedding! The food was delicious and portions were as expected. Our guests loved more hearty apps like pulled pork sliders and burger sliders! The late night soft pretzel wall was a big hit! Liz and Courtney were super responsive and great to work with. They helped us maximize our venue and everything look elegant and clean! Staff was very responsive, especially to brie and groom, and dinner was served to 125 guests plated in just about an hour! Highly recommend Main Event!

CC · Married on 04/14/2018

Main Event was fantastic! We worked with Spencer as he had tons of experience catering weddings at our location (Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria). We also worked with Alison, and both were quick to respond to our questions, super friendly, and helpful as we refined our menu. At the wedding, Main Event's Jack made sure everything went perfectly -- including that we had food waiting for my husband and me in a side room right after the ceremony. An additional thing we appreciated with Main Event was that we could supply our own alcohol, which allowed us to save a lot of money. I highly recommend Main Event!

Main Event Caterers 8

Emma · Married on 04/07/2018

We used Main Event Catering for our 110 person wedding in Washington, D.C. We had done several tastings prior to visiting Main Event and were feeling a little down about our options for the big day. Then we went to our tasting at Main Event. We felt like VIPs from the moment we arrived at their location in Arlington. We had a special parking space and were shown to their beautiful tasting room. Elyse McFadden was our main point of contact (and continued to be throughout the planning process). She was such a joy to work with. She is incredibly competent, experienced, and easy to work with. We LOVED the food and specialty cocktails at the tasting. We were amazed by how delicious everything was, and thought it wouldn't be possible that they could replicate such deliciousness en masse for 110 people. However, they truly delivered. All of our food was excellent. The set up for the event was also wonderfully-executed and all of the waitstaff who attended to us and our guests were so warm, friendly, and attentive. We would recommend Main Event to anyone.

Megan · Married on 02/03/2018

Main Event was all around excellent - the food was delicious, their consultations before the event were professional and helpful, and the day-of service was very impressive. We had a cocktail style reception with heavy hors d'ouerves, which means going against traditional wedding conventions and I was worried about pulling it off. Main Event made it happen. Our guests were happy - we heard a lot of praise for the non-conventional style - food was served throughout the night, no one went home hungry, and Main Event servers kept regularly clearing the tables throughout the evening. We are so glad we picked Main Event to cater our wedding, they made all the pieces come together!

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2017

We highly recommend Main Event Caterers! We were blown away by the tastings, and the night-of meal delivered on that promise! We worked with Courtney and Rachel and both were extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. They received such high praise from our attendees - everyone was nuts about the beef short ribs. There was a waiter who made sure that we always had a drink ready and kept hors d'oeuvres coming our way.

Charlene · Married on 11/04/2017

MEC was the caterer for our November 2017 wedding and over a month later we are still receiving compliments from our friends & family about the food!! We worked with Spencer throughout the planning process and he was awesome. He was super informative and helped us create an amazing buffet spread with all of our favorite seasonal fall dishes. We really appreciated that he attended our venue walk-through and gave us the run-down of how the catering services would shake out on the day of the wedding. Not only does Spencer have a ton of experience in the wedding/catering industry, but you can tell all the catering staff are experienced as well. Food was our top priority for the event and it did not disappoint. At the end of the night MEC packed up leftovers for us to take home as well which was great for our day-after hangovers! We can't recommend MEC enough.

Jess · Married on 10/22/2017

We are fresh off of our wedding and are still so impressed with the job that Main Event did for us. They the very definition of class. Food can be a critical detail of your wedding that people will remember and we got nothing but compliments at the highest praise for the food and service we got from them. There was never a line for the bar, they were rolling out our signature drinks in style, our guests did not have to wait long between courses at all and everywhere we looked, people were happy. Michelle was wonderful to work with, she ran the show behind the scenes at our event and it was flawless. The chairs, linens, chargers and place settings were gorgeous and we could not be happier with the job that Main Event did. They literally treated us like royalty and we are forever grateful! HIGHLY recommend!

Paula · Married on 10/21/2017

Main Events is Fantastic! We really appreciated how promptly we had our tasting and knew immediately after trying their food that we would be in good hands. Spencer and Jackie put together a great menu for us and the communication to finalize details was always timely and on point. On our actual wedding day, the Main Events staff arrived promptly and were so professional and hard working. The food at the reception was delicious and we got so many nice compliments from our guests. We also liked that Main Events is a no-waste kitchen and committed to providing great food in a responsible way.

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Main Event from the moment we submitted a request for a proposal. Elyse put together an outstanding proposal that fit perfectly within our budget while also providing us with our top priorities for our wedding. Furthermore, prior to the tasting, she went through numerous revisions with us so we could get exactly what we wanted and try a range of options. On the day of the tasting, Main Event pulled out all the stops to make it a special and fun experience and followed up the day after to address all of the questions and changes we discussed during the actual tasting. After we chose Main Event, our planning process was easy and professional. We were able to go through numerous revisions of our plan with ease and managed to get the price down even lower from the initial proposal, ending up way under budget. (I cannot stress this enough since a number of caterers in DC told us it would be impossible for us to come even close to our budget, which was not exactly unreasonably low). The day of was executed perfectly. The food was fantastic. The service was excellent. The catering manager ensured that we were well fed and got to try everything. I could seriously have not been happier with my choice to use Main Event.

Billy · Married on 10/14/2017

Elyse was a pleasure to work with during the planning of our wedding menu. Liz did a wonderful job documenting our venue layout for guest tables, buffet and cake tables. Aico and team were simply amazing during the entire wedding event. We could not be more pleased with how smoothly everything went.

Main Event Caterers 9
    Main Event Caterers 10
    Main Event Caterers 11

Hannah · Married on 10/13/2017

Main event was the perfect catering service to provide the tables/chairs and food for my wedding. I worked with Jacqueline Lacot and she was phenomenal in helping me finalize all the details for my big day. The food was AMAZING and the staff were so efficient and polite.

• Ben

Ben · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired them to cater a wedding of 160+ people and they did a phenomenal job. Food was one of the highest priority items for us and Main Events just knocked it out of the park. Also, did I mention that they had incredible vegetarian options and were very accommodating about dietary restrictions? Just amazing.

Everyone was astounded at the quality of food they were served. And almost just as important, their service was absolutely top notch. Would highly recommend them!

KEVIN · Married on 09/16/2017

Awesome company to work with. They catered our wedding and rehearsal at our home. They are professional, caring and personable making them a winning team. We strongly recommend that you inquire about their services.

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

The Main Event Catering team were a dream to work with for our wedding! Spencer and Jackie on their team were incredibly responsive and attentive during the planning process and knew the ins and outs needed for planning at our venue (Shadow Creek). Most answers to our questions were given within a day turnaround, which was so great! From our initial tasting, I knew we needed to select Main Event. Their team executed our wedding reception with outstanding food and top notch service. We even received several compliments from our guests about how delicious the food was! We would definitely recommend going with Main Event Catering for your wedding or event, you will not regret it!

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

We worked with Main Event for our wedding at Top of the Town. We chose them because they were highly recommended by our venue. They were so easy to work with and delivered high quality food and experience. Our event required them to flip part of the room from the ceremony into dinner seating. They did this so quickly and professionally. In addition, the food was delicious and they actually made sure we ate! They were not the cheapest option we considered, but their professionalism and quality were well worth it.