Main Event Caterers Reviews

411 Reviews for Main Event Caterers

• Alex

Alexis L. · Married on 10/18/2020

Professional Team and Delicious Food

Main Events know what they are doing!! They helped guide and execute the most perfect wedding day celebration. There aren't enough great things to say about Main Events. You are in amazing hands with Spencer, Melissa and the whole team.

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Steve

Steve A. · Married on 10/04/2020

Excellent Service Across the Board

Truly can't say enough about how great our experience with Main Event was. Spencer and Melissa made the tasting, planning, coordinating, organizing, and everything else incredibly easy in advance of the wedding. They always offered input, ideas, and feedback but were also more than happy to follow our lead. Without a doubt they were the best catering option among the 10 or so that our venue allowed. On the day of the wedding, the service staff was absolutely outstanding in every way. They were quick to set up, did everything perfectly, and transformed a tented terrace into a beautiful dining room. The food was astounding, the service was impeccable, the bar was great (we got countless compliments on our bartender), and breakdown was quick and easy. Main Event was a critical part of our special day, and they executed everything perfectly.

Sent on 12/29/2020

Nathalie · Married on 09/19/2020

I had a guest come up to me and say "I always hate wedding food, so I made sure to fill up on appetizers during cocktail hour... but when I tasted my dinner I could have kicked myself!"

The food was outstanding, throughout the entire evening - cocktail hour to dinner to dessert to late night snacks, I have zero complaints. In addition, they made everything so easy and so classy - the waiters were attentive but not in your face. The bartenders where calm but pour drinks quickly. All just A+

They were pricey, but well worth the cost

Sent on 04/19/2016

Julie F. · Married on 02/09/2020

Wedding Caterer Perfection!

Main Event Catering’s entire team was amazing to work with. During our initial meetings with the Main Event team, everyone was courteous and professional and really invested in ensuring we had the best catering experience possible. They worked with us through all of the details of their food and drink offerings and provided a delicious tasting for us. They also had various check in meetings with us prior to our wedding to ensure things were on track and they were constantly updating our wedding catering plan to ensure it contained the most accurate and update information so there would be no surprises from a cost perspective. During our wedding, the staff was nothing short of amazing. Approximately 20 individuals were present to serve food and alcohol to our guests and one gentleman in particular made sure all of our requests were tended to personally. Immediately following our wedding ceremony, this individual helped escort us to a private area for a few minutes so we good catch a moment with each other as bride and groom. As we had our private moment, we were presented with a tray of hour dorves and our signature cockail drinks - ensuring we didnt miss anything from our cocktail reception. During the reception, the same individual constantly checked on us to ensure we had our needs tended to and made sure we had our dinners delivered ahead of everyone else to allow us additional time to tend to our guests and other scheduled events. The entire staff was high professional and a joy to work with. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for catering services!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Main Event Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to have been part of such a beautiful day with you, your family and friends.
  • Rachel

Rachel D. · Married on 12/21/2019

Food Heaven

Spencer and his team were amazing at our tasting!! From start to finish they put out the “red carpet” and presented the most beautiful and delicious food options I’ve ever tasted! Such a first class experience!
    With such a wonderful tasting experience, we knew Main Event was the best choice for our wedding! The Main Event team ensured the food was perfect, drinks were always filled and no one needed anything. They took their jobs so seriously and made a personal connection with our guests, which meant the world to us!
    Thank you for the perfect day!

Sent on 05/04/2019

Main Event Caterers's reply:

Rachel- Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon! You are definitely in great hands with Spencer and the team at Main Event Caterers
  • Ashley

Ashley M. · Married on 12/14/2019

Simply amazing!

Main Event was the most spectacular catering company, and made our wedding simply fantastic. Spencer and his team were amazing during the initial consult, presenting various menu option that were in line with our winter wedding theme, as well as linen, place setting and glass options. The tasting was some of the best food I ever had – we left stuffed, and they made it very special. From a personal parking spot, to champagne during the actual tasting, it was AMAZING! The quality of the ingredients, the vastness of the selection, and the deft with which they put it all together were amazing. We did a dual entrée with short rib and crab cakes, along with parmesan polenta and roasted brussels. Passed hors d’oeuvres included lobster rolls, mini duck tacos, and butter chick on small naan bread – all of which reflected us perfectly as a couple. I could go on and on about the food, but the SERVICE was impeccable. We had our own assigned served who anticipated and met our every need; she even comforted by 3 year old when she started to have a tantrum. This included bringing us a signature cocktail and hors d’oeuvres right after the ceremony, to getting me water while dancing the night away on the dance floor. My guests have been raving about the food since we had the wedding over a month ago! The best decision you will ever make is hiring Main Event!! The made the wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Carol

Carol H. · Married on 12/07/2019

Main Event knocked it out of the park: Everyone LOVED the food!

With so many caterers to choose from, my husband and I know we made the RIGHT CHOICE with Main Event. We worked primarily with Spencer and Jackie, and they were a dream team who helped us realize our vision for a seasonal holiday wedding, complete with food that our guests RAVED about. One of our VIP guests emailed us after the wedding with this to say about the food: "Our dinner was amazing. Loved the salad and licked my plate to get every grit and crab cake...and the beef melted in my mouth! We had so much fun at our table and enjoyed every morsel!!!"

Also wanted to give a shout-out to the superb chefs, servers, and bartenders, especially the super nice lady who took such GOOD care of me and my husband during our wedding, making sure we had enough to eat and drink despite the whirwind of activity. From setup to breakdown, everything went SO smoothly. I can't recommend Main Event enough. You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Danielle E. · Married on 11/11/2019

Their food was to die for!

If I could eat their short rib for every meal, I would. Every step of the prices with Main Event was a joy. We knew we were in the right place when we walked in their door and the handing us champagne! They made us feel like the most important people in the world during every interaction. It was a special touch that they made sure we spoke to the chef before signing the contract. That way we could talk likes, dislikes, and guest food allergies with the person directly responsible for the food.

Every guest I interacted with raved about how delicious this food was. The service was also great and knowing that everything was taken care of at the end of the night gave me piece of mind. They even answered my questions about recycling! A+ vendor!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Service, Delicious Food, All Around Perfect!

Over a year out from our wedding, we did a tasting with Main Event and after that, decided we didn't need to do any other tastings. Anytime we told a vendor we had Main Event for our catering, we got extremely positive feedback, which we knew was a good sign before we even personally worked with them! Courtney was super helpful in assisting us on menu options and selections and overall design of our catering. While we continued to make some changes and reach out with questions leading up to our wedding, she was always super responsive and helpful with getting back to us. As we got closer to our wedding day, Liz, our Event Manager, was extremely communicative and made sure we knew exactly what information needed to be provided and when. We ended up also having to make some last minute adjustments, but that was not an issue at all. On our wedding day, all of the food was delicious, as we expected, but the service was even better than we expected. First course was plated beautifully for guests prior to their entrance into the reception and when it came to entrees, we had multiple guests tell us how nicely the entrees were served by the personnel (a full table all at once). Greg, our supervisor for the day, went above and beyond to make sure we were both taken care of and not once were we empty handed looking for a drink the entire night. He even came to find us in the crowd of wedding guests on the dance floor to offer glasses of water. All in all, the food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and we'd highly recommend Main Event to anyone looking for a caterer that will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Sara S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent food & service!

We were impressed with Main Event Caterers from the very beginning of our wedding planning process. They were always super responsive, and we had a phenomenal tasting that made them an obvious choice for our wedding reception. There were a lot of decisions regarding menus, drinks, table settings, etc. and they were so helpful in guiding our decisions. We specifically worked with Spencer and Adeline, and we couldn't have asked for a better team! Our guests raved about the food and drinks; we were so grateful for the Main Event staff (chefs, servers, bartenders, etc.) who made it all happen. We especially liked that a server specifically brought us a plate of all the passed hors d'oeuvres to try (and also made sure our glasses were never empty!) and also sent us home with hors d'oeuvres, entrees, and desserts to eat after the reception. Luckily, we were able to eat during the reception, but it was extra special to have it all again the next day. Food is such a huge part of a memorable wedding, and Main Event made ours extra special!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/19/2019

Was worried at times but they pulled through!

At the beginning of hiring them, we had some turnover with our catering manager, we were getting a bit nervous but they put one of their leads on our case, Courtney, so that she could assure us great service! It was amazing, the food was SOO GOOD!!! And people care about food, don’t let someone tell you they don’t, because they do! They were flexible and easy to work with via email. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Jessica N. · Married on 10/18/2019

Absolutely amazing!!!

I cannot speak highly enough for Main event caterers, especially Melissa! They did the most fantastic job, had the best food, and had the most professional operation with their staff.
    I was looking for caterers around the holidays last year and they were the first vendor to respond to me (the same night I emailed them!). After a phone conversation they got me a quote that was very reasonably priced for the area.

Throughout the entire wedding planning process it was such a great experience. Every person from Maine Event that I met and talked to along the way was just fantastic. Their entire process for how they work with a couple to talk through all your options and choose the food, linens, etc was just so professional and really fun for us as a couple. As our lead Melissa did an unbelievable job. She was so responsive to myself and my husband (who probably called her 100 more times than I ever did lol).

Most importantly the food was UNREAL. We have had people talking about it for weeks after. The hors d’oeuvres were a hit (shout out to the lamb shank lollipops) and the main course was fantastic. The actual catering staff also did an amazing job. We had a dedicated waiter at our sweetheart table taking care of us and looking out for me to make sure that I actually sat down and ate dinner.

When you are planning a wedding there are so many stresses but Melissa and Main Event really took a lot of that stress off of me by being responsive and being reassuring that everything would go smoothly. It was absolutely worth every penny we spent.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • James

James · Married on 10/05/2019

Great people, great food

Overall, we had a really great experience. Alex at Toolbox (our venue) recommended us, and were particularly glad that they had worked with the venue before. Elyse in particular was really helpful in both the planning and the project wrangling, and we just had a lovely time with her and Lenore during the tasting. Everything about the day-of came together nicely and smoothly - the food was great (especially the appetizers and the ravioli), the decorations looked lovely, and the staff was helpful and professional.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent service & delicious food - even vegan options!

Book them! The food is excellent. The staff is great. The service at our event was seamless. Our guests were very happy!

We had a terrific experience with Main Event from the first email, to the tasting, through the planning process, all the way to our wedding day.

I am vegan and my husband is not. When we began looking at caterers, we knew we needed to find someone who could do both -- and it all had to be delicious! Main Event did not disappoint.

For any vegan couples out there, Main Event worked with us to offer truly interesting dishes! No boring mushroom burgers or cauliflower steaks. We had vegan mushroom soup and ravioli and rissotto. We had a dessert table, and chef was able to make at least a handful of the dessert options vegan. It was all good! Even non-vegan guests enjoyed their dishes. Score!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Giulia

Giulia S. · Married on 09/07/2019

Great Food, Rentals, and Service!

We worked with Main Event for our wedding and they were amazing! As a bride and also a wedding planner I could not recommend them enough! They helped us with catering as well as with our rentals and both were exactly what we wanted. The food was great, and their rentals/decor really helped bring our vision to life. Their entire team was very responsive and helpful, which helped us stay organized through the entire planning process.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Melinda

Melinda T. · Married on 08/31/2019

A Wedding to Remember

Perfect, Delicious Food and a Five Star Team! Thank you Main Event Caterers for a wedding to remember! We are still receiving rave reviews on the food at our daughter’s wedding and really appreciate all the hard work you invested in our special day and the wonderful care you showed our guests.

Thank you Michelle Gutstein for walking with us through this very important event, guiding us with your expertise from day one and ensuring our event was a huge success. We had heard from others about the stresses of planning a wedding, but you and Main Event Caterers made it fun and stress-free.

We were so happy with our daughter’s wedding and just as happy to give Main Events Caterers our highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2019

Best food and service!

We are so happy with Main Events. Catering is probably the biggest decision you will make for your wedding. We were in good hands with Main Events. They answered all of our questions throughout the process and worked with us every step of the way. Their staff is very friendly and most importantly, their food is amazing. As we walked around meeting guests, I saw that their plates were wiped clean! We worked with Liz Arline and she was really great and on top of everything. Everything was flawless!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/03/2019

Best caterer we could ask for!

We’re so happy that we chose Main Event as our caterer. We’ve been in contact with Courtney and Liz as we went along with the planning and they are tremendous. They are just lovely people and were so helpful and accommodating during our planning process. They went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect, we just loved everything from the first tasting to the last bite of dessert. Their staff at our wedding were so professional and efficient!! They’re a well oiled machine that kept everything moving at a perfect pace. We don’t have a single complaint, everything from the food to the correspondence is just everything you could ever ask for!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Steven

Steven B. · Married on 06/15/2019

Main Event Caterers Is Beyond Incredible

Main Event Caterers is one of the best catering experts I have ever dealt with. I selected them due to their attention to detail, thought leadership, and service. Our Buffet wedding menu was over the top in terms of quality, presentation and taste. On site servers and staff was very attentive to all 129 guests and pampered everyone's needs.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Robert

Robert C. · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing Food and Exceptional Service!!!

We shopped around for wedding caterers but stopped as soon as we did a tasting with Main Event Caterers! The quality, taste and presentation was incredible! We literally liked everything on the menu. They were not the cheapest in town, but they were woth every penny! The staff was amazing and worked with us every step of the way! In my opinion, the one thing people remember at a wedding reception is the food. And ALL our guests were happy with the food. Thanks Main Event for helping make our wedding an unforgettable evening!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Carissa · Married on 05/18/2019

Treat yourself and your guests to a meal they will never forget!

We booked Main Event Caterers for our wedding and have absolutely no regrets! After our original caterer cancelled due to closing their business, our photographer recommended Michelle at Main Event Caterers. My husband and I worked with Michelle and Melissa throughout the process, and they were both fabulous. Our vision was for a cocktail style reception, so we wanted the food to be playful and different from your typical fish, chicken, or beef menu. Main Event Caterers blew us away by what they could do for our wedding – every dish is expertly crafted. Michelle was wonderful in pulling together our menu and scheduling a tasting. We selected more of a Mediterranean-style menu that could accommodate any dietary restriction (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, nut free). Michelle was very professional and patient as we went back and forth a few times changing the menu. Later in the process I worked with Melissa to select our linens and draft our floor plan for the wedding. Melissa listened to what we wanted and provided some great ideas/alternatives that would make wedding flow seamlessly. On the day of Michelle was our lead coordinator and she made sure my husband and I had food or drinks at any time. We had one or two guests drop drinks and within seconds staff were cleaning up the glass. If you work with Michelle or Melissa, trust their expertise - they have impeccable taste. Main Event Caterers staff is so talented and service oriented, they will make your wedding or event exceed expectations!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Paul-Kate

Paul-Kate E. · Married on 04/28/2019

Catering with a Personal Touch

Main Event Caterers really took the cake. We had a demanding menu, no tree nuts, and they knocked it out of the park. We really enjoyed the flat iron steak with chimichurri sauce. Our guests raved about the personal touch of the waiters who went above and beyond doing many things, like entertain kids, so their parents could eat. We actually ATE both dinner and hor d'ourves and DRANK. The waiter following us around during happy hour was fantastic. From other weddings stories, most of our married friends mentioned ordering pizza on the way to the honeymoon suite, but we felt well taken care of.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Cori · Married on 04/13/2019

When it's good it's good!!!

When you have a caterer that your guest are still talking about the food almost 2 weeks later and saying it is the best catering they ever had... you know you chose right. From the very beginning working with Main Event Caterers (more specifically the marvelous Rachel and wonderful Elyse) has been an absolute pleasure. Main Event Caterers went above and beyond during our tasting to give a us a one of a kind experience that reflected our Harry Potter themed wedding beautifully. They left no detail untouched. During the year leading up to the wedding, they were flexible and accommodating and made changes that fit our needs. The responsiveness, care and understanding Main Event Caterers puts into their clients is top notch. The staff the day of our wedding (butlers, supervisors, and bartenders) were outstanding and our guests loved how festive and kind they were. We could not have picked a better catering team. If you have the pleasure of working with them you will not be disappointed nor will you have to worry about a thing. Thank you Main Event Caterers, Rachel, Elyse, and event staff... you made our day MAGICAL!!!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Main Event Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. Congratulations!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious food and great service!

We are so happy we chose Main Event to cater our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests who said they are used to wedding food being 'meh' but this food impressed them! I received such great service from the tasting to the actual wedding day and during the entire wedding planning process. I loved the server in charge of making sure the groom and I constantly had a drink in our hands :)

Sent on 11/07/2018

Main Event Caterers's reply:

We truly appreciate your wonderful review. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day with friends and family.