Main Event Caterers Reviews

Main Event Caterers 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Distefano · Getting married on 12/21/2019

Food Heaven

Spencer and his team were amazing at our tasting!! From start to finish they put out the “red carpet” and presented the most beautiful and delicious food options I’ve ever tasted! Such a first class experience! I have the utmost confidence that our wedding will be in good hands with Main Event!!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2019

Best food and service!

We are so happy with Main Events. Catering is probably the biggest decision you will make for your wedding. We were in good hands with Main Events. They answered all of our questions throughout the process and worked with us every step of the way. Their staff is very friendly and most importantly, their food is amazing. As we walked around meeting guests, I saw that their plates were wiped clean! We worked with Liz Arline and she was really great and on top of everything. Everything was flawless!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/03/2019

Best caterer we could ask for!

We’re so happy that we chose Main Event as our caterer. We’ve been in contact with Courtney and Liz as we went along with the planning and they are tremendous. They are just lovely people and were so helpful and accommodating during our planning process. They went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect, we just loved everything from the first tasting to the last bite of dessert. Their staff at our wedding were so professional and efficient!! They’re a well oiled machine that kept everything moving at a perfect pace. We don’t have a single complaint, everything from the food to the correspondence is just everything you could ever ask for!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Steven

Steven Boyland · Married on 06/15/2019

Main Event Caterers Is Beyond Incredible

Main Event Caterers is one of the best catering experts I have ever dealt with. I selected them due to their attention to detail, thought leadership, and service. Our Buffet wedding menu was over the top in terms of quality, presentation and taste. On site servers and staff was very attentive to all 129 guests and pampered everyone's needs.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Robert

Robert Chapell · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing Food and Exceptional Service!!!

We shopped around for wedding caterers but stopped as soon as we did a tasting with Main Event Caterers! The quality, taste and presentation was incredible! We literally liked everything on the menu. They were not the cheapest in town, but they were woth every penny! The staff was amazing and worked with us every step of the way! In my opinion, the one thing people remember at a wedding reception is the food. And ALL our guests were happy with the food. Thanks Main Event for helping make our wedding an unforgettable evening!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Carissa · Married on 05/18/2019

Treat yourself and your guests to a meal they will never forget!

We booked Main Event Caterers for our wedding and have absolutely no regrets! After our original caterer cancelled due to closing their business, our photographer recommended Michelle at Main Event Caterers. My husband and I worked with Michelle and Melissa throughout the process, and they were both fabulous. Our vision was for a cocktail style reception, so we wanted the food to be playful and different from your typical fish, chicken, or beef menu. Main Event Caterers blew us away by what they could do for our wedding – every dish is expertly crafted. Michelle was wonderful in pulling together our menu and scheduling a tasting. We selected more of a Mediterranean-style menu that could accommodate any dietary restriction (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, nut free). Michelle was very professional and patient as we went back and forth a few times changing the menu. Later in the process I worked with Melissa to select our linens and draft our floor plan for the wedding. Melissa listened to what we wanted and provided some great ideas/alternatives that would make wedding flow seamlessly. On the day of Michelle was our lead coordinator and she made sure my husband and I had food or drinks at any time. We had one or two guests drop drinks and within seconds staff were cleaning up the glass. If you work with Michelle or Melissa, trust their expertise - they have impeccable taste. Main Event Caterers staff is so talented and service oriented, they will make your wedding or event exceed expectations!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Cori · Married on 04/13/2019

When it's good it's good!!!

When you have a caterer that your guest are still talking about the food almost 2 weeks later and saying it is the best catering they ever had... you know you chose right. From the very beginning working with Main Event Caterers (more specifically the marvelous Rachel and wonderful Elyse) has been an absolute pleasure. Main Event Caterers went above and beyond during our tasting to give a us a one of a kind experience that reflected our Harry Potter themed wedding beautifully. They left no detail untouched. During the year leading up to the wedding, they were flexible and accommodating and made changes that fit our needs. The responsiveness, care and understanding Main Event Caterers puts into their clients is top notch. The staff the day of our wedding (butlers, supervisors, and bartenders) were outstanding and our guests loved how festive and kind they were. We could not have picked a better catering team. If you have the pleasure of working with them you will not be disappointed nor will you have to worry about a thing. Thank you Main Event Caterers, Rachel, Elyse, and event staff... you made our day MAGICAL!!!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Main Event Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. Congratulations!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious food and great service!

We are so happy we chose Main Event to cater our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests who said they are used to wedding food being 'meh' but this food impressed them! I received such great service from the tasting to the actual wedding day and during the entire wedding planning process. I loved the server in charge of making sure the groom and I constantly had a drink in our hands :)

Sent on 11/07/2018

Main Event Caterers's reply:

We truly appreciate your wonderful review. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day with friends and family.

Chris · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Caterer Around

I've worked in catering for 15 years and as a photographer for the same amount of time. I planned my whole wedding myself and know what I'm talking about. The decision to hire Main Event was an absolute no-brainer. I even told them to skip the tasting and just send me the menu. Why? Let me tell you.

Caterers are for two things: 1) great food and 2) excellent service. Main Event is the place to go for both. The food was spectacular. I've been married now for 6 weeks and every time I see someone who was at my wedding, they are still talking about the food. Those short ribs. Ugh, out of this world. We're a couple focused on making sure everyone is included, comfortable, and taken care of. I asked Main Event to prepare any vegetarian dish as a vegan dish to ensure that everyone had plenty to eat. And because the food was so delicious, I don't think people ate much dessert. Good problem to have.

But as astonishingly good as the food was, it's always the service that makes the difference. Our team was wonderful. From Michelle and Melissa and Daniel in the office to Melissa and June on site to our team of servers and bartenders, the drivers, the chefs, etc. we just had the A-Team all around. Blue Hill Farm is not an easy venue to work in as a caterer with uneven terrain, everything being outdoors, wet grass from torrential rain the day before the wedding, restrictions on parking and truck placement, etc. the space is just a physically difficult place to work. But the service staff, after unloading the trucks, carrying all the equipment across fields, setting up the reception, ceremony, and cocktail hour, and just generally busting their asses, still stopped at every chance to smile at my guests, ask them what they need, and deliver the kind of hospitality that sets Main Event apart from everyone else. And from my guests, they were stunned at how friendly, excited, and willing the staff was to produce anything at any time. Hospitality is very important to me and taking care of our guests from start to finish for our wedding was priority number one. And that's why I picked Main Event. And even knowing what I knew about them, I STILL got more than I asked for. Thank you to the whole team from the bottom of my heart. You're the best.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Main Event Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. it was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day.
  • Jason

Jason · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic!

Want to impress your guests? Use Main Event! They are fantastic. All their staff, especially Elyse, made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. Their attention to detail made them stand out from all the other vendors we look at. Our guests still keep raving about the food!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Nicole D · Married on 09/29/2018

We didn't ever worry... it was just delicious!

Working with Main Event was seamless. They were the third caterer we approached for our wedding, and they did not disappoint. At their tasting, absolutely everything was delicious. To me, that's a sign of a true professional: someone who cares that every single dish is delicious, every time. It didn't matter if it was vegetarian or a salad or an appetizer, all were fabulous. We love to cook, and we were proud to have Main Event's food at our reception. Kind of surprisingly, one of our favorite dishes was their orzo salad: it had fresh herbs, the orzo was cooked perfectly, it was balanced with acidity from lemon... So good. We had a few suggestions for dishes that were sentimental to us, and they were more than happy to accommodate us.

Our event also involved some complicated logistics: we were untented outdoors, and the ceremony space had to be flipped into dinner during cocktail hour. It went without a hitch. We also had a rain plan sketched out that involved moving indoors, just in case. I'm confident it would've been done right if that were necessary. Leading up to the event, Cailyn did a great job. Day of, the whole team, including all the service and logistical staff, were true pros!

The highest praise we can give is that we didn't worry about the food - we just figured it was going to be amazing and (to us) it felt like it just happened. Main Event was a valued member of our team, and I would recommend them without reservation to anyone.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Estactic that we have Main Event as our caterers. Quality of food and folks is outstanding. Our wedding guests are still complementing the food! Service was outstanding, food was delicious and Elyse coordinated and accommodated our requests flawlessly. We appreciated having such professionalism on the most important day of our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Eduardo · Married on 09/01/2018

We had a flawless and delicious experience. From service, settings, food and drink itself, all aspects of our wedding’s catering were taken care of expertly. All guests raved about the short ribs. The settings were elegant, the staff was on point at all times. They took care of us and our guests impeccably.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Kyle

Kyle Fredrickson · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfect Caterer for the Dream Wedding!

The Main Event Catering team are perhaps the most professional people we have ever worked with. From the initial proposal to the wedding itself, Main Event put their best foot forward and held nothing back in ensuring our wedding was as memorable and stress free as could be. Throughout the planning process, Main Event was responsive and detailed in response to all of our questions and ideas. We felt that Main Event could put nearly any idea we had in mind for food or rentals into action - and they did, especially with the donut wall we wanted for dessert! Main Event was extremely accommodating with dietary restrictions, and coordinated a beautiful tasting to help us decide our menu. At the event itself, Main Event was very receptive to ideas or last minute changes as we adjusted for weather. The Main Event Staff worked tirelessly outside in the pouring rain to ensure that our wedding was a memorable and enjoyable evening. Every server and staff member was pleasant and kind - some of the children in attendance made fast friends with one server in particular, who kept running in and out of the pouring rain to make them laugh! Liz and Michelle were both professional and more than we could have hoped for.

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Main Event Caterers 8
    Main Event Caterers 9

Ashley · Married on 08/10/2018

Main Event was such a great catering service to have on my Big Day. I initially contacted 7 catering services but decided to go with Main Events because of their VERY quick response, reasonable prices, and flexibility to change the menu to my wants. Liz did an amazing job contacting me and providing suggestions. At the tasting it was hard to just pick between all the options. On the day of the bartenders did an amazing job at getting drinks out to large crowd. My husband and I were also provided with our own personal "butler" who constantly check on us to bring us drinks and food. She was absolutely amazing and so sweet.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Arielle · Married on 06/01/2018

It was such a pleasure to work with A Main Event to cater our wedding at Shadow Creek. They did an incredible job from start to finish. So many of our guests complemented on the quality of the food, it was definitely beyond our expectations. We were also blown away by their exceptional service and the professionalism of their catering staff. Spencer and Ali were very responsive and easy to work with. We are thrilled with how everything came out and will definitely be using A Main Event for future events!

Sent on 06/15/2018
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 05/26/2018

Main Event was recommended to us by our venue. I cannot sing their praises enough. They gave us a truly customized menu that spot on and absolutely delicious. We looked at multiple caterers, asking for appetizers that reflected my husband’s Asian heritage and palate, and most places offered us “Asian inspired” foods that were very inauthentic- like adding some mandarin oranges or dried ramen-type noodles on top of a salad. Main Event pulled out all the stops with pork buns and a sushi station (a HUGE hit at the wedding) that pleased even the relatives from Hong Kong. Our menu was totally personalized for our tastes, including recreating my sangria recipe. Everything was so delicious- our friends are still talking about how much they loved the food! Michelle was incredibly professional and accommodating, and worked hard to make sure my mother was happy and that everything went smoothly the day of. She even coordinated to have snacks and drinks brought to my husband and I after the ceremony. I can not recommend this caterer enough!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Theresa · Married on 05/25/2018

We can't rate Spencer McCormack and his team at Main Event Caterers highly enough. They were fabulous to work with. They were flexible and accommodating and a genuine pleasure!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Krystina · Married on 05/13/2018

We really enjoyed working with Main Event for our wedding! The food was delicious and portions were as expected. Our guests loved more hearty apps like pulled pork sliders and burger sliders! The late night soft pretzel wall was a big hit! Liz and Courtney were super responsive and great to work with. They helped us maximize our venue and everything look elegant and clean! Staff was very responsive, especially to brie and groom, and dinner was served to 125 guests plated in just about an hour! Highly recommend Main Event!

Sent on 06/02/2018

CC · Married on 04/14/2018

Main Event was fantastic! We worked with Spencer as he had tons of experience catering weddings at our location (Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria). We also worked with Alison, and both were quick to respond to our questions, super friendly, and helpful as we refined our menu. At the wedding, Main Event's Jack made sure everything went perfectly -- including that we had food waiting for my husband and me in a side room right after the ceremony. An additional thing we appreciated with Main Event was that we could supply our own alcohol, which allowed us to save a lot of money. I highly recommend Main Event!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Main Event Caterers 10

Emma · Married on 04/07/2018

We used Main Event Catering for our 110 person wedding in Washington, D.C. We had done several tastings prior to visiting Main Event and were feeling a little down about our options for the big day. Then we went to our tasting at Main Event. We felt like VIPs from the moment we arrived at their location in Arlington. We had a special parking space and were shown to their beautiful tasting room. Elyse McFadden was our main point of contact (and continued to be throughout the planning process). She was such a joy to work with. She is incredibly competent, experienced, and easy to work with. We LOVED the food and specialty cocktails at the tasting. We were amazed by how delicious everything was, and thought it wouldn't be possible that they could replicate such deliciousness en masse for 110 people. However, they truly delivered. All of our food was excellent. The set up for the event was also wonderfully-executed and all of the waitstaff who attended to us and our guests were so warm, friendly, and attentive. We would recommend Main Event to anyone.

Sent on 05/19/2018

Megan · Married on 02/03/2018

Main Event was all around excellent - the food was delicious, their consultations before the event were professional and helpful, and the day-of service was very impressive. We had a cocktail style reception with heavy hors d'ouerves, which means going against traditional wedding conventions and I was worried about pulling it off. Main Event made it happen. Our guests were happy - we heard a lot of praise for the non-conventional style - food was served throughout the night, no one went home hungry, and Main Event servers kept regularly clearing the tables throughout the evening. We are so glad we picked Main Event to cater our wedding, they made all the pieces come together!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2017

We highly recommend Main Event Caterers! We were blown away by the tastings, and the night-of meal delivered on that promise! We worked with Courtney and Rachel and both were extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. They received such high praise from our attendees - everyone was nuts about the beef short ribs. There was a waiter who made sure that we always had a drink ready and kept hors d'oeuvres coming our way.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Charlene · Married on 11/04/2017

MEC was the caterer for our November 2017 wedding and over a month later we are still receiving compliments from our friends & family about the food!! We worked with Spencer throughout the planning process and he was awesome. He was super informative and helped us create an amazing buffet spread with all of our favorite seasonal fall dishes. We really appreciated that he attended our venue walk-through and gave us the run-down of how the catering services would shake out on the day of the wedding. Not only does Spencer have a ton of experience in the wedding/catering industry, but you can tell all the catering staff are experienced as well. Food was our top priority for the event and it did not disappoint. At the end of the night MEC packed up leftovers for us to take home as well which was great for our day-after hangovers! We can't recommend MEC enough.

Sent on 12/10/2017