Madrid Theatre Reviews

Madrid Theatre 7
  • Aubry

Aubry · Married on 03/30/2019

Authentic and Historic Venue

When trying to decide on our wedding venue, my fiance and I were blown away by the interior at the Madrid. You can really tell that there is history there, from the intricate ceiling designs to the fountain when you first enter the lobby. It was also wonderful that we could have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location. Missy, the Madrid's event planner, made sure that everything ran smoothly and I didn't have a single concern the day of. I cannot recommend a venue more!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Madrid Theatre 8
    Madrid Theatre 9
    Madrid Theatre 10
    Madrid Theatre 11
    Madrid Theatre 12

Vivian · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Space to Fit Up to 500 guest!

The Madrid Theatre was our wedding Venue and we couldn't be happier with the quality, service, and professionalism given to us! Missy was our wedding coordinator for the day and helped us up until the day and even after as we wrapped everything up! The space was perfect for our large guest list where we occupied both main floor and the upstairs! It has such a beautiful space were decor was very minimal on our end! We highly recommend this space for any future weddings!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Madrid Theatre 13
    Madrid Theatre 14

April Lee · Married on 10/05/2018

Great wedding venue!

Madrid Theatre is definitely the best of the best! The venue was a beautiful place to get married and the service was spectacular. Our wedding reception turned out absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

This venue was absolutely gorgeous! It was all that my daughter had dreamed of, for her special day. They are affordable and all inclusive which made for less stress on me with the planning process. Missy, the wedding coordinator did an outstanding job keeping everything flowing and on schedule. She was easy to work with and prompt to respond to emails. The venue was breathtaking, upon entering it, the night of the reception. The ornate decor and beautiful lighting added ambiance and we continue to receive compliments about the reception and the venue. I would highly recommend this venue, as it is truly stunning for weddings!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Kathy · Married on 09/08/2018

There is no better place to hold a wedding reception than The Madrid! Missy is exceptional and will provide all the assistance you need to make your event spectacular. The venue is exceptional and we were more than pleased. Our event was beautiful and simply magnificent! Thank you Missy and the staff at The Madrid Theatre!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Sue K · Married on 09/02/2018

Great wedding event space

When looking for a wedding venue we knew we were wanting a space with character. Madrid Theatre has it all...romantic, charming and historic. All of our guests had such a great time at our reception. Just wished the evening could have lasted longer!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Kris C · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful!

So happy we picked Madrid Theatre for our wedding reception. This place is stunning. They have a grand staircase with a fountain in their entryway that is beautiful. Their rental packages are a great value and our guests had a great time!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Joni M · Married on 08/24/2018

Dream wedding

Our wedding reception was a dream come true! We could not have been happier with the venue and the customer service we received from Missy. She made the day stress free and the whole reception ran smoothly. Highly recommend Madrid Theatre for your special day!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Molly Attebery · Married on 08/11/2018

Madrid Theatre makes dreams come true!

Madrid was our dream wedding venue! It is beautiful, spacious, and has a lot of character. The coordinator, Missy, was the best part of the deal. Her expertise helped our wedding day come together so seamlessly. We can't thank the Madrid group enough!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Nidhi · Married on 07/01/2018

Loved Missy and the Madrid Theatre! The venue is unique which everyone loved and Missy was great! We planned our wedding remotely and she was very accommodating and helpful, responding to our emails in a timely manner and setting up times that worked for both us. We also did an Indian wedding and it worked very well!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/23/2018

Having our receptions at The Madrid Theatre was absolutely perfect. We looked at several venues, but knew this was the one when we walked in! The venue includes it all; tables, chairs, lights, center pieces and the best part, Missy!

Missy and her team made our planning and evening even better. From planning to the day of Missy was on top of it all. We felt like royalty at our reception, we were basically waited on and anything we needed was there!

We could not recommend The Madrid more!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Bryce · Married on 05/12/2018

Our experience at the Madrid Theatre was absolutely phenomenal. The venue itself is so tasteful that you cannot believe your eyes. We knew this was the venue for us the moment we walked in. The fact that it includes drinks, tables, chairs, decorations, other miscellaneous items is a massive bonus. It leaves you more time to focus on what is important.

A huge bonus is that it comes with Missy! She is basically your wedding planner and helps you along the way. Missy corresponded with the florists, the caterer, the cake person, the band, etc. She does it all! I never felt stressed because she was always throwing in and helping. The big day comes and she is available to open up the venue and let you drop off supplies. I went by multiple times to leave stuff for the wedding so she could set it up. Just amazing. The venue was stunning for our reception and the drinks were flowing. Everything was just right. The lighting was beautiful and the decor was fantastic. Wedding planning is a lot of work but the reception was so awesome it made it worth it. YOU WANT YOUR WEDDING AT THE MADRID. You even get a cool marquee for your big day. You basically get to have your own concert on your wedding day. HOW AWESOME IS THAT.

The price is fantastic and there are multiple options for every budget. You can do just beer and wine or you can ball out and go top shelf. Missy is so helpful at narrowing down the contract and getting to the final dollars. She is really responsive and helpful. Other venues nickel and dime you. At the Madrid, it is in one and done!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Camille · Married on 04/28/2018

The Madrid Theatre is so beautiful inside! Great upstairs for cocktail hour, great space for a buffet, beautiful entry way with a wonderful fountain in the staircase! The stage is wonderful as well. We didn’t actually use it, but it would be perfect for a live band. We did use the red curtain to project our GOBO and it was so perfect! I could go on about how wonderful the madrid is. But the best part about the Madrid Theatre is Missy! She is there to do whatever you need. She is super attentive and pays close attention to detail. She knows all the ins and outs of the Madrid Theatre. She is also a Wedding planner, she sees everything and notices everything and was such an amazing help. When you book the Madrid you get Missys services, you can also hire her for more help. We had her come to our reherarsal and ceremony and do a few extra things for us. It was great to have her there knowing we could rely on her and she would be there to fix any issues that arose. Gave me such piece of mind as a Bride. Book the Madrid Theatre for its beauty and for missy!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Talia · Married on 04/21/2018

Our wedding was the most spectacular day and it's SO much in thanks to Missy and the staff at The Madrid. It's so magical inside it's hard not to have an elegant night - the stage was perfect to have our ceremony & Missy worked with the band so their set up was easy as well. Missy's ability to work with us, our parents and every other vendor took all the stress off of us and allowed us to soak up the day. Missy checked in throughout the year leading up to the wedding and was quick to answer any of my questions (no matter how small) or meet with me when I was feeling nervous. During the wedding day Missy was on top of everything - constantly checking in to make sure we were good. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to have an elegant and fun night.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Ellen · Married on 03/17/2018

We loved working with Missy at the Madrid. As an "out-of-town bride" she made the planning process really easy. I loved that you paid a set price per person for the venue. This made the day of stress free--I didn't need to worry if the bar was running low or if all the items were delivered on time. I love that the Madrid is elegant and also has some quirky features to it. All of our guests commented on how lovely the space was. A friend from Nashville said, "I wish we had a place like this there!" I loved being introduced from the stage, and it was the perfect space for a band! We did our cocktail hour up top and then had the guests move downstairs for dinner. Many guests commented on how well the entire reception flowed!

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Madrid Theatre 15
    Madrid Theatre 16
    Madrid Theatre 17

Stephanie · Married on 02/17/2018

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue than The Madrid Theatre. It was the very first place we looked -- and we knew the moment we walked in, that this was it! From the early stages of planning, up to the very last detail, Missy was incredible. We had our ceremony and reception here, and the flow between the ceremony, to the cocktail hour and flip for the reception was seamless! We utilized the stage with a great band, used the grand staircase for family photos, and the guests never had a wait for a drink at the beautiful Spanish bars. All of our guests said they wanted to all get married again, and use this event space! Missy and the staff were just the absolute best to work with! I highly recommend this venue, and Missy to anyone wanting that beautiful, perfect wedding day.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Sheila · Married on 10/21/2017

Well, we are still smiling and hearing compliments from so many on our son and daughter in laws wedding reception at Madrid.
    It is every parents dream to give their children the wedding celebration of their dreams... Our dream came true this past weekend and it is largely because of the Madrid venue, Missy and staff.
    We began our planning months ago with Missy and her coordination, professional and detailed organization was phenomenal. She is so very calming, attentive, conscientious and experienced. The wedding reception celebration success was largely due to her!!!
    More thank you's go out to the Madrid owners and staff – who were all working their tails off throughout the whole day making sure that everything was perfect. The attention to direction and detail was so appreciated.
    The day would not have been so perfect without the Madrid. With a tear in my eye, a smile on my face and a lump in my throat - thank you for everything that you did to make the wedding so amazing and memorable for all of us.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Madrid Theatre 18

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

I had my wedding reception at Madrid Theatre in October and it was amazing! The venue was beautiful and had more than enough room for the 250 guests that attended. Missy (event coordinator) was so fun to work with and made the whole process so easy. Even guests at my reception made comments about how well organized and on top of everything Missy was. She contacted every vendor for us and made sure everything was delivered on time and set up prior to our event. I would and will recommend the Madrid to anyone who is looking to have their wedding ceremony and/or reception in Kansas City (any type of event for that matter!).

Sent on 11/01/2017

Judith · Married on 09/16/2017

Thank you Missy and the owners of The Madrid for a magical evening on 09/16/2017. Having begun the journey of finding a venue in July of 2016, and with my daughter living out of town, there were multiple visits to The Madrid and many many many many conversations in those 14 months. Missy was by far catalyst in making sure everything was smooth sailing from start to finish. Anything we thought was an "issue" or made us nervous, Missy calmly and collectively resolved. She made suggestions but was always open to our ideas. She had beautiful pieces for us to use at the reception as well to make it absolutely beautiful She is a joy to work with and always had a smile on her face and was easy accessible when we needed to sneak by the venue for another look, photograph "Save the Date" pictures or have a phone conversation. May I also add here that the venue was always clean and never smelled bad or looked cluttered. From start to finish Missy represented this venue in a professional, efficient and friendly manner and I just want to say a huge thank you to her and her staff. We had the pleasure of meeting the owners on several visits there as well and they always introduce themselves and engage in conversation with big smiles, stories and pride in this building that they have lovingly maintained and preserved. Missy, I hope you are able to use some of Jaclyn and Ben's pictures on your website because they beautifully depicted the essence of this space. On a side note, one of the reasons we looked at The Madrid was because my daughter and her fiance wanted a band and it was the PERFECT venue for the band. Acoustically it is brilliant!!! Thank you again for making the finale of Jaclyn and Ben's day more than they could have ever dreamed of.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 09/16/2017

Outstanding and magical!! Those are the first two words that come to mind when I think of my experience with Missy & the Madrid Theatre. I was planning a wedding for ~300 people from Texas, and I had so many bouts of nervousness, hesitation, questioning my planning decisions, etc. Missy was so kind and understanding throughout the entire process. Although I chose to use a wedding planner, Missy is truly on top of things and can handle everything at the reception space if you chose not to use a planner! In my case, she worked closely with my wedding planner to make sure everything was perfection for our wedding day. I was only in Kansas City a handful of times, so our meetings were at the mercy of my travel schedule -- she was always flexible and always made it work for me to come to the space and work through things, even if she was in the middle of setting up for another event!! The day of, the Madrid was STUNNING! It is such a unique space and honestly, I had my own hesitations throughout planning because seeing it empty for a concert, perhaps, does not do justice to the transformation that happens when Missy & her magical team get to work. I heard our guests chattering all night about how special, unique and beautiful the space was. We easily fit a wedding of 290 comfortably, with plenty of space for dance floor, photo booth, cocktail space, buffets, etc. I cannot say enough good things about Missy & The Madrid and I would recommend it to anybody for a unique, romantic, theatre atmosphere.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Terri · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our daughter’s wedding reception at The Madrid Theater last month and we couldn’t be happier with our experience. From the first meeting with Missy, the event coordinator, to the event itself, I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

We could tell the moment we met Missy that she was going to be professional, fun to work with, and very helpful. While other venues told us that we would definitely need to hire a wedding planner, Missy explained that if we held the wedding at The Madrid she would be available to help us plan the reception and would be there the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. She did an amazing job! We’re so happy that we chose to have the wedding reception there!

The venue is beautiful, especially at night. The gleaming wood floor and white lights around the balcony made it look elegant and almost magical. And they have an inventory of possible table centerpiece item you can use for free—that was an added bonus that we took advantage of.

You definitely owe it to yourself to check out The Madrid Theatre for your wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Steve · Married on 06/18/2017

From our first visit, to moment of my daughters I do's, every item was handled with care. A Truly wonderful job by Missy, and her entire crew! Thank You! Steve

Sent on 06/29/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

My daughter's wedding was spectacular. I envisioned it exactly how it played out. We wanted a huge joyful eventful, filled with friends and family with a lot of love going around. Everyone had a blast. The food was great, the staff was professional and handled everything. I recommend The Madrid for any event. You are in such great hands.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Madison · Married on 05/27/2017

I would highly recommend The Madrid to anyone. We booked them in Feb 2016 for our Memorial Day weekend 2017 wedding. I never felt forgotten about and pushed aside. Missy is a great wedding coordinator from the day you book to when you walk down the aisle. We had our ceremony and reception here and they made the transition so easy.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Lizzie · Married on 05/20/2017

How do I even begin to put in words how incredible my experience was with Madrid and Missy?! I recently had my wedding reception at the Madrid Theater on May 20th and it was truly such a dream. I remember standing behind the red curtains on the stage, waiting to get announced along side my husband and wedding party, and peeking through the curtains... What I saw actually blew me away. There was this glow in the room and everything had come together even better than I had planned. Missy went above and beyond and made my wedding image come to life. It was the most beautiful reception I had ever seen, even better filled with all my family and friends. During the reception Missy was always on top of things. She helped keep the reception on track and made sure we knew when it was first dance time, cake cutting time, bouquet toss, ect. The way she helps make it flow is just flawless. She will make it exactly how you want it, no matter what. She is willing to meet as many times as you need to make sure it is how you want it to be; she is very flexible!!! I cannot name ONE THING that went wrong that evening. It was the most perfect day of my life and Missy and the Madrid helped make that happen. If you are looking for a wedding ceremony/reception venue that will be all that you ever dreamed of, Madrid Theater is the place for you!!

Sent on 06/01/2017