Macaluso's Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Tricia
    Tricia S. Married on 08/14/2021

Absolutely perfect

I just had my wedding here on 8/14/21 and it was a fairytale. The staff and everyone there were amazing. The food all came out hot and at once for 100 people. I had a bridal assistant and she was right by my side for anything I needed the entire night. Everyone at Macaluso’s are very professional and caring. They all helped everyone with whatever was needed. It was a perfect wedding and I couldn’t of asked for more!!
  • Jessy
    Jessy M. Married on 08/01/2021

A Fairytale Wedding at Macaluso's

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Macaluso's on August 1, 2021. I've held off on writing this review because I've struggled to put into words how absolutely amazing EVERYTHING at Macaluso's is. From the moment we met with Maroon and saw Macaluso's, we were blown away by how beautiful and tasteful the venue is, and how warm and accommodating the staff was from the get-go. We had been planning our wedding since 2019, and had to postpone due to the pandemic. Maroon and the rest of the staff at Macaluso's were so extremely helpful and understanding throughout the entire process. Postponing your wedding is never ideal, but we felt so lucky to be working with Macaluso's... they made it as painless as possible! Maroon was with us every step of the way, and didn't miss a single detail.

Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives, and Macaluso's was such a big part in that. I can not even begin to explain how perfect our day was. EVERY staff member devoted every ounce of their attention to anything we needed, we were treated like royalty... but a *very* special shoutout to Maroon (our go-to!!), Nowal (a true angel), and Elias (so kind!) who really went above and beyond.

Our guests can not stop talking about how amazing our wedding was and so many people have told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to (with the most epic cocktail hour). Actually, I can't even mention Macaluso's without someone telling me how amazing the place is. Macaluso's and their staff will always be a very special part of our lives and we look forward to many more celebrations there over the years.
    Vanessa S. Married on 06/11/2021

Fairytale Wedding! Everything was perfect!

Ever since my brother got married at Macaluso’s years ago, I knew that this was the venue I would want to host my own wedding. Now it was my chance. The food was exactly how I remembered it, delicious and plentiful. Even now, months later, people are still telling me about how amazing the food was! Since my last visit there, the venue underwent a massive renovation that is, quite honestly, awe inspiring. From the white-marbled floors, to the brand-new patio and ceremony area, to the lighting in the main ballroom and bridal suite, Macaluso’s provided everything we needed to make the wedding we planned into a reality. Maroon (Matar) treated us like family since the moment we walked through the door and pulled out all of the stops when it came to what he provided for us. Not only did the wedding go flawlessly, but when it came to moving the wedding from October 2020 to June 2021, Maroon selflessly provided new dates and times without any extra hassle. The event staff (from the managers to the captains to the attendants and servers) were amazingly polite, professional, and courteous throughout the entire day. The set-up was immaculate, the timing and presentation of all the courses were perfect, and the only thing left to my husband and I was to have an amazing time.
    Every detail imaginable was taken care of, and the staff made sure that we ate, drank, and fully enjoyed our wedding day without a thing to worry about.
    There is no other place to have your wedding (or event), trust me, you will not regret it.
  • Anna
    Anna D. Married on 06/04/2021

Always a perfect event!!

Love the staff! Food is amazing!! Gorgeous facility! We have been hosting our events at Macaluso for over 20 year!! Never a bad experience.
  • Hawthorne
    Hawthorne P. Married on 05/27/2021

Live Theatre Production was a hit!!

Back in May, the Hawthorne Pride Alliance sponsored its very first live dinner theatre experience at Macaluso's. The production, based on a wedding, was the first time live theatre was brought to Hawthorne. Although a play, Macaluso's made it seem as if the guests were at a real wedding. EVERYTHING WAS BEYOND PERFECT! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, the accommodations were awesome, the entire experience was just perfect. People are still talking about the show and Macaluso's! On a scale of 1-5 stars--- five stars is not enough!!! I highly recommend this venue!!
  • Alison
    Alison E. Married on 02/28/2021

Wedding Review

I cannot recommend Macalusos enough. The team at Macalusos was very responsive to emails and so accommodating with constant changes because of Covid. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The food was amazing. Most of my guests were full before the entree was served. The staff was friendly and attentive. I had the most amazing and unforgettable wedding at Macaluso's!
    Phyllis Married on 10/18/2020

The experience was excellent from start to finish!

We planned a baby shower for our daughter and it was everything we wished for from start to finish! Maroon could not have been more accommodating and catered to my daughter’s and other guests’ dietary restrictions. We had rave reviews from all our guests!!
    I would highly recommend trusting Macalusos with all of your special events.
    Veronica O. Married on 10/18/2020

Macaluso’s

We had an excellent experience planning our party at Macaluso’s. They were very accommodating and made sure everything was to our liking. There was a wide variety of foods, elegantly displayed and delicious. The waitresses and waiters were attentive and friendly. Our guests were very impressed with everything.

served with every necessary precaution and de
  • Dee
    Dee F. Married on 05/24/2020

Amazing a++++++++

FROM BEGINNING TO END - PROFSSIONAL AND IMPECCABLE SERVICE! FROM BOOKING WITH ELIAS ALSO FORMING A FRIENDSHIP ALONG THE WAY! GREAT PERSON TO WORK WITH! BEAUTIFUL VENUE - DELICIOUS FOOD AND DESSERTS!!!! TOP QUALITY .....NAWAL THE BRIDAL ATTENDANT SUPER SWEET AND ATTENTIVE!!! SHES THE BEST! I WOULD HOST A PARTY AT MACALUSOS TIME AND TIME AGAIN!
  • Robyn
    Robyn C. Married on 05/09/2020

COVID changed our plan, but Macaluso's made our wedding come to life!

It's taken my husband and I several months to write our review, because it was very difficult to put into words the amazing job Macaluso's did for our small, intimate. We booked our wedding reception with Macaluso's in February of 2020 for September 5, 2020. We first worked with Alex and he was incredible. Easy to talk to and very accommodating. As we all know our world got flipped upside down in March. No one or any industry was prepared for what had occurred and what, unfortunately, is still happening. As months went by, Matt and I were still hopeful we could have the wedding as planned, but we were also realistic. We understood that the most important thing was ensuring the safety of our families. Around May we met with Elias. We were so pleased with how understanding he was. He never made us feel pressured or our hands were tied. If one thing is certain, this vendor will work with you as best as they possibly can! We ended up doing a smaller, sit down dinner with just our closest family members. They transformed the outdoor space to a beautiful reception area. All of our guests had fun, and for one day, we felt a sense of normalcy. The team made sure everything was flawless, and the guests agreed as well. The rave reviews from our guests began when they arrived at Macaluso's, and didn't end until weeks after. Although it wasn't what we originally had planned, Elias and his team made such a difficult situation become one of the most magical and memorable nights of our lives. We also thank them for going above and beyond the safety/sanitation protocols of COVID-19, and we are hopeful that our bigger reception this year will be just as wonderful.
  • Batoul
    Batoul S. Married on 03/21/2020

My wedding 12/27/20

Macaluso’s did an amazing job at my wedding. The staff was amazing literally. They did exactly what I asked for and an outstanding job. I know people are still talking about how beautiful the venue is and the decor !!!!
    R. Vernacchio Married on 02/23/2020

Baptism celebration!

I been using Macaluso for all our family parties and will continue to do so because their food and service is simply amazing and you will never be let down! I love it here and have always had a pleasant experience and my guests have always been happy! Maroon is always awesome and so easy to work with! Would recommend always!! Simply the best :) I won’t go anywhere else!!
  • Brian
    Brian Married on 01/12/2020

Macaluso's - Best Wedding Venue

I’ll preface this and say I don’t usually write reviews, but for Macaluso’s I had to make an exception. My wife and I just had our wedding there this week (Sunday 1/12), and we could not have been more impressed with every detail of our wedding. Don’t let any construction fool you - the venue is absolutely stunning, the lighting, the white marble (the pictures come out amazing..) but the food and overall service I think separate this from any other venue.
    My wife is Brazilian and had a couple members of her family travel in from Brazil. It was important to her to have some Brazilian dishes during the wedding. We shared this with Maroon who worked with us in planning our wedding, and he couldn’t have been more excited. He introduced us to their chefs, and worked with us to make her dream a reality. The day of the wedding, we received so many compliments about the food… Even right now thinking about it makes me hungry, it was truly that spectacular. A week later people have messaged us about the deliciousness of both the cocktail hour and the main courses. There’s no other way to put it – the food is the best.
    The second differentiator was the service. Maroon is the absolute man, I have to say. In planning the wedding I found him to be both pragmatic in working within our budget, knowledgeable in his suggestions, and passionate about making our day truly a dream wedding. Other staff members during the day of the wedding went above in beyond in every aspect. My wife was treated like a queen, and could not have been happier. So many of our guests also complimented the service and were impressed to the level the staff would go to make them happy and comfortable.
    It was really an amazing day, and we’re thrilled we were able to get married here. Before the wedding you start to get a little stressed with the details, but Macaluso’s took care of everything, so we could focus on enjoying our day. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice – thank you.
  • Samantha
    Samantha A. Married on 11/08/2019

Wedding venue

Absolutely amazing! They’re food, service, everything was amazing! I will definitely be planning another occasion here!
  • R. Maggiore
    R. Maggiore Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing food, place music & experience!

The kindness & patience when your planning a wedding is a start to how amazing Macaluso's is. The food, staff and service are ALWAYS consistent (for any party that I've been there for) but for my wedding, it left me in absolute awe!
    Maroon, Alias and staff were amazing and truly an amazing overall experience. Their in-house DJ - ireserve DJ was everything I could have dreamed of and more!! My guests were dancing ALL NIGHT LONG! Extremely professional & Highly Recommended!
    Macaluso's as well to anyone for a larger party and absolutely for a wedding! The new renovations are gorgeous and in photos look beautiful! Thank you all at Macaluso for this wonderful experience and memories to last us a lifetime! (September 2019)
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas S. Married on 09/05/2019

Event Hosting

We have been hosting client events at Macaluso’s since 2015. We have always been thrilled with the quality of the catering and the varied assortment of the buffet, as well as the high level of service we receive. They are always happy to accommodate our requests. The management and the staff there couldn’t be nicer! We highly recommend Macaluso’s for your event!

Baron Financial Group
  • Soany
    Soany C. Married on 07/13/2019

EVERYTHING was absolutely beautiful!!!

There are not enough words to truly describe how amazing our experience at Macaluso’s was, from the day we went to see the venue to the day of the party (our daughter’s sweet 16), everything was perfect! After numerous visits of different venues we just fell in love with Macaluso’s. Not just the elegance of the ball room but the attention of the smallest details made it all worth it. Elias and his staff where all wonderful to work with and we are truly appreciative of the remarkable job they did. Elias was very flexible and beyond accommodating, patient and knowledgeable; he was willing to work with us in every way possible in order to make our daughter’s Sweet 16 a SUPER SWEET 16. We had 150 guests and every guest complemented us on the venue, food (which was out of this world) and especially the staff. The staff was amazing, just wonderful, and very friendly and catered to every need we had, we cannot say enough kind words about them. Once again THANK YOU to Macaluso’s and the staff for doing an incredible job of making our daughter’s Sweet 16 one of the most memorable day of her life. From our family and friends we thank you and we highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!
    Maria Married on 06/23/2019

Best Kept secret

Over the years, we have celebrated all our children's milestone, recently our sons graduation! STILL the best service, and quantity and quality of food for our large Italian Family and friends!
  • Naji
    Naji H. Married on 06/22/2019

Great party

i had my son graduation party every thing was perfect staff excellent , food highest quality , clean , i will go back to macaluso for any party or wedding love it
    Anthony D. Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect from start to completion

From the moment we visited Macaluso's through the completion of our evening, the entire staff was on top of their game and covered every item to complete a wonderful memory. My wife enjoyed all the company and we received numerous compliments on a great evening.
    Thank you to the entire Macaluso's staff.
    From the entire DiMeglio Family
    Margaret E. Married on 05/08/2019

Spring Fling Event

Little Sisters of the Poor had a Sping Fling in May 2019. Fantastic service and great can do attitude while managing our Event. Their hard work, dedication really helped our Organization run a successful fundraiser for over 200 people. Excellent service, the quality of the food and drinks are exceptional. Staff was excellent doing duties that are not part of their job duties. Last few years had our Event at this location with again great food, service etc. And will again in 2020.
    Lynn S. Married on 05/04/2019

One of the Best Banquet Halls in Northern NJ!

Our experience from first contact with the venue, the anniversary celebration, and even the post event was professional and enjoyable. The Staff were a delight to work with, understood what we were looking for and made the whole process very simple to plan out. The food was exceptional !!! We received many compliments on the establishment, food, staff and how much fun we had!
    Jonathan R. Married on 04/05/2019

Johns Communion

What a great experience from the start, the owners and staff welcomed us like family, our guests till this day cannot stop talking about the party, will definitely have more parties here. (John's Communion)

Macaluso's's reply:

Thank you Jonathan! We appreciate your review. Our customer service is of the utmost importance to us and we thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write this!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 03/30/2019

where fairy tale weddings are made

We had our whole wedding here from ceremony to reception & everything was absolutely perfect! Elisa & the rest of the staff at Macaluso’s we’re so tentative to our needs & very helpful. They made our wedding run so smoothly! Our guests are still talking about the wedding & it happened almost a week ago on March 30,2019!.....also can’t forget they have the best cocktail hour ever! So many choices of food! You won’t leave hungry! Would absolutely recommend this venue!!
  • Francis
    Francis M. Married on 01/06/2019

A very prestigious place!

We had the best experience when we had the sweet 18th of our daughter Caitlyn on this place, the place was astounding, our guests loved the food , the venue , lighting and everything else. Alex Maniscalco our contact went above and beyond to prepare everything for the event. We highly recommend this place , service was great, staff were great, and above all things, the place and food that or guests were still talking even up to this time. Thank you Alex and team for making the event memorable to us, to the guest and to our whole family.