M&T Events Custom cakes Reviews

168 | Woodbridge, VA

168 Reviews for M&T Events Custom cakes

168 M&T Events Custom cakes Reviews

Tina · Married on 11/10/2018

You need to book them for your wedding!

Martina is local to Woodbridge VA! She was amazing, our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We chose the German almond flavor and everyone said it tasted amazing.

Allegrah · Married on 10/20/2018

The Willy Wonka of Cakes

Holy moly! Martina at M&T events is going to be doing making my cakes for every and all occasions. She’s quick to respond to emails, I had a cake tasting within hours of emailing her. Her tastings are fresh and EVERYTHING she makes is edible (even her itemized invoice). My husband (ah husband!!) and Is cake was everything we wanted and more. We had our wedding party fighting over it the next day! If you want a stress free, amazing experience, look no further!

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review. We hope to be working with you in the near future. Warm Regards, Martina

Katy · Married on 10/20/2018

Very easy to work with; incredibly impressive (and delicious) cake

I highly recommend M&T Events. First, they were extremely easy to work with. Setting up a tasting took just a couple of emails. The tasting itself was great - the owner showed us around her very impressive and professional home studio, let us look at a number of sample cakes she had created, and talked us through the various cake options (which were all delicious). Any time we had an update or a question, she responded promptly and completely. On the day of, they brought the cake where it was supposed to be at the time it was supposed to be there with no hassle, and the cake itself was absolutely beautiful. You can look at the pictures she has up and see how amazing her work is - I can't adequately describe it here. It really did come out as beautiful as we expected it to be based on her previous work. Everyone was extremely impressed with the cake. It was also delicious! I was so sad I only got one piece of it - it was so good. I couldn't recommend M&T more. If I ever have any other special events to plan for in the DC area, they'll be the first people I call.

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Hi Katy, Thank you so much for the nice review. We are so happy that all went well and that you and your guests loved the cake. It was a great pleasure working with you and we hope to be working with you in the near future. Warm Regards, Martina
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 10/11/2018

We wish we could give Martina more than 5 stars!

We’re extremely happy with the cake provided by Martina of M&T Events Custom Cakes on our wedding day! Months before our wedding, we had a cake tasting and discussed the cake design with Martina in several conversations. Because I myself was planning our wedding, I had many detailed questions and creative ideas in mind. Martina exceeded our expectations with her professionalism, business savvy, and creative skills. Leading up to our wedding day, she offered very helpful suggestions to make the cake and cake presentation special. On our wedding day, we can say without a doubt that we were especially pleased with the lovely cake and cake presentation. We received so many compliments on the design and taste! When many people don’t even eat wedding cake, we were surprised when several people asked for more! Martina has a great personality, kind heart, and is very accommodating. We greatly appreciate that! We wish we could give Martina more than 5 stars!

Best,
    Katrina and Kevin Johnson

M&T Events Custom cakes 1
    M&T Events Custom cakes 2
    M&T Events Custom cakes 3
    M&T Events Custom cakes 4

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We are very happy that you loved your cake. We cant wait to seeing you next year or sooner. Warm Regards, Martina
  • Donna-Fe

Donna-Fe · Married on 09/29/2018

Words cannot describe how we felt when we met first met Martina the owner. She is loving, genuine, professional and everything she does is in your best interest, it was like meeting a distant family member.

Her cakes are delicious and divine. My now husband and I could not believe the cakes she’s made it is out of this world. Something you’d see on the foot network channel and her prices are affordable. She makes everything from scratch! You will not be disappointed!

Thank you Martina and Tiffany for everything!

M&T Events Custom cakes 5

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

It was a great pleasure working with you and I cant wait to be working with you in the near future. I'm supper happy that you loved your cake. Thanks a million for the nice review. Warm Regards, Martina

Astra · Married on 08/18/2018

Our cake was amazing. It was gorgeous and everyone loved it. You could never go wrong by hiring them. Fantastic work!!

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2018

Martina is the BEST. My wedding was last Friday And my cake was absolutely delicious and her cupcakes amazing. My cake was lemon blueberry mousse and cupcakes yellow and chocolate raspberry. All of my guests loved the desserts and I will definitely keep her as a contact for my next big event. Choose M&T Events. You will not be disappointed❤

Jose · Married on 07/06/2018

Great experience. The team at M&T did a great job designing and creating our wedding cake. Every discussed detail was followed. Heartfelt thanks. We will be seeing you again.... For years to come.

• Christiana

Christiana · Married on 06/17/2018

My husband and I went to 6 cake tastings before we went here. Everywhere else was either to expensive or could not accommodate our design. My wedding was technology themed. From the beginning of the cake tasting, I knew this was going to be our decision. She had tons of samples not only of the cake flavor combos, but of other desserts and decor. Her workshop is a dream. Everything they make is edible!!! We asked for a second cake tasting to try some nontraditional cake flavors. They were so accommodating! Both cake tastings were free. We ordered a wedding cake, groom cake, yummy rummies, gluten free cupcakes, and centerpieces. Our wedding cake was beautiful and they took such good care of my grandmothers cake topper from her wedding in the 60s. So beautiful. Our groom cake was beyond what her sketches were. It lights up!!! Days after the wedding and it was still glowing! Her yummy rummies are to die for. Think better than 5 star rum balls. All ingredients straight from Germany with good booze and chocolate! She was so understanding of allergies and incorporated it into the display. As a bride planning a wedding, you always worry about the centerpieces. What should they be? How big? Design? She makes edible centerpieces. The reception was so entertaining because of the these centerpieces. I will be using these ladies for everything in the future. I will not use any other baker, ever. Thank you ladies so much!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    M&T Events Custom cakes 6
    M&T Events Custom cakes 7
    M&T Events Custom cakes 8
    M&T Events Custom cakes 9

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you Christiana for the wonderful review. We are always worried to make sure we exceed in what our couples/ clients expect, and hearing your feed back is the best gift ever. Because of clients like you, we love what we do and strive always for perfection. We look forward to seeing you in the future. thank you, Martina

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Martina is the sweetest. She has a cake bakers dream home setup where we got to see her and her daughter's stunning award winning cakes. They are incredible! We got to test about 7 different flavors of cake and fell in love with the German Almond Krokant. The cake arrived on the day of with no problems and it looked gorgeous and it tasted delicious. Thank you Martina!

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Josephine · Married on 06/08/2018

We absolutely loved the cakes they made for our wedding, and the customer service we received!! We ended up going with a cupcake tower with a "traditional-ish" topper, and it far exceeded our expectations!!! We had three different flavor cupcakes, and the topper was our favorite of the three flavors. Also, aside from the cake, a BIG hit was the rum balls!!!! Absolute must have!! M&T is our new favorite baker, and we plan to use them whenever we need dessert for an event!!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    M&T Events Custom cakes 10
    M&T Events Custom cakes 11

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Josephine for your nice review of us. we look forward to be working with you in the future.

Lauryn · Married on 05/06/2018

look no further! marina is not only a great baker, she is an artist when it comes to cake decoration. I'm so excited to see our wedding pictures so that we can relive how beautiful her work is! she is also an extremely warm person, a very responsive vendor, and is super professional when it comes to making changes. highly recommended for NoVA BRIDES!

• U

Umair · Married on 04/15/2018

Martina did an amazing job in making our cake!! It was not only the center of attention but everyone really enjoyed the cake!! Thank you soo much Martina again you are very professional and extremely talented and we are looking forward to sharing many more memories with your business in the future through your wonderful cakes!!

M&T Events Custom cakes 12

Shehar · Married on 04/14/2018

I absolutely loved, loved working with M&T Events. Being a bride and having to deal with many vendors is not easy. Martina made it such an easy process and was available to answer any questions at anytime. Our wedding cake looked amazing in sketches that Martina drew and brought it to life, it was even more beautiful than I expected. The precision and detail of her work is beyond expectation. I even went in for a cake tasting for the second time and she treated me as if I came to see her for the first. She is great to work with and her personality makes up for everything along with the passion she has for baking. I would definitely be going back to her for other cakes and baked goods and have recommended her to many of my family and friends already!

Shehar

Sent on 05/10/2018

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you very much Shehar for the lovey review. I look forward to seeing you next year or owner.

J. · Married on 02/24/2018

I could not believe how beautiful our wedding cake was!! It taste great on top of that!! Highly recommended company!

Abeer · Married on 01/27/2018

Martina was amazing! She was so professional and made our dream cake come alive! The cake was stunning! It was delicious and delievered on time setup and just beyond words. The detailed work and flowers were just spectacular and each layer of cake had its own special touch. It was inspired by my dress which was exact to the touch. The colors and shape even the flowers just everything was prefect! I cant imagine anything better. I am dedicated for life! Love M&T!

Abby · Married on 12/08/2017

If I can give 10 stars rating to our cake made by Martina for our wedding, I would! At the cake tasting she made us taste seven different cake flavors to choose from. Picking two flavors for our two-tiered cake was very fun and impressive. She has the cake flavors down to a science and the options were beautifully shown to us down with a checklist for us to rate each flavor. We chose the Chocolate Rocher flavor for the top tier and the Almond Amaretto for the base, and at the day of the wedding, all the guests were asking where we got the cake from!

Not only does the cake tasted superb, but it's also visually breathtaking! Martina got the romantic feel and the Christmas-y feel that I wanted for our wedding cake. I made sure that we saved the sugar flowers as they're too pretty to eat and we didn't get the traditional bride/groom cake topper.

M&Ts cake shop is almost an hour away from where we live, but we'll make sure we'll order from them again. We had to make last minute changes to our order because of the increase in the number of guests, and Martina so kindly accommodated our request.
    From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Martina for making a memorable and very beautiful cake for our wedding.

Sent on 01/08/2018

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you Abby for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure and I can't wait to make another cake for you guys.
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/28/2017

I have nothing but positive things to say about Martina and Tiffany. The wedding cake they created for my husband and I was SO beautiful and delicious!! They are so warm, sweet, and welcoming; we loved them from the very first time we had our cake tasting in their lovely home. They are accommodating, positive, and professional. They always responded to my emails fairly quickly and reassured us that they will use only the highest quality ingredients for our cake. We chose a dulce de leche cake with white fondant and let me tell you--this isn't just any boring, chalky fondant. It was light, soft, fluffy, and delicious! The cake had just the right amount of sweetness and was just delectable. It was also beautiful to look at! They also made us rosewater macarons for our dessert table and we weren't even able to taste them--they were so good, the guests snatched them up very fast! Honestly, they make a great team, and I highly recommend their services for any occasion. Thank you, Martina and Tiffany for creating the wedding cake of our dreams! We got married on October 28, 2017.

M&T Events Custom cakes 13

Alyssa · Married on 10/21/2017

M&T events was absolutely perfect for our wedding. Martina accommodated food allergies for guests and created an amazing design for our cake that fit into our theme. The cake was perfection and tasted amazing. Once we returned from our honeymoon we still had some leftover and it was still as moist and tasty as the first day! I would most certainly recommend M&T events to anyone looking for delicious cake and fantastic professionalism. Thank you!

Sent on 10/30/2017

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you Alyssa! It was a great pleasure working with you both.

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2017

M & T Events was recommended to me by my best friend. My husband and our moms went for the cake tasting and everything was so wonderful. So many different flavors to taste, which were all so delicious! Not to mention, all of the other cakes that were displayed that were just absolutely stunning! I showed Martina a general picture of what I wanted and she drew up a draft right then and there and it was spot on. I was so excited on the wedding day to see the finished product and she NAILED IT!!! The cake was super light, perfect raspberry flavor and all of my guest thoroughly enjoyed! We received so many compliments. I would recommend M & T to any future bride or anybody looking for a specilaty cake for sure!!!

M&T Events Custom cakes 14

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

We are so happy that we chose M&T Events for our wedding cake. Martina and Tiffany designed and created the most incredible wedding cake imaginable. Everyone who saw the cake was in awe of skill involved in creating such a masterpiece. Our day of coordinator, photographer, family, friends, and staff at the country club including the catering coordinator and executive chef all said that it was one of the most amazing cakes they have ever seen. Thankfully the taste of the cake matched the appearance. It was amazing! We cannot thank Martina and Tiffany enough for the amazing cake she created for our wedding.

We highly recommend M&T Events to ANYONE looking for the most spectacular cake for their event. The entire process was a pleasure from first contact to consumption. Martina was nice enough to squeeze a tasting in for us after her normal hours with only a couple days’ notice as we do not live in the area. When we showed up, Martina was all set up and ready to go with 2 tasting plates filled with different flavor samples, a piece of paper and pencil to rank each flavor, a cold bottle of water, and a complementary box of treats to go. She talked to us about the company, telling us how she started it with her daughter and describing the flavors that they use. Then we provided some basic information about our event and some information about what we had in mind for the cake. Within a matter of minutes, she had drawn a beautiful 3 level cake with enough detail that we truly felt comfortable that we knew what we would be getting. M&T Events was one of our favorite wedding vendors to work with and we are so so happy that we chose them to make our cake.

Chanel · Married on 09/09/2017

I loved everything about M&T Events. During our cake tasting Tiffany greeted us with a sweet smile. Martina
    drew a sketch from hand of what our cake would look like, and it was better than the picture I found on Pinterest! The cake itself was so fresh! Any question or concern I had Martina was there to respond in a matter of minutes. Of all my vendors she was my favorite. Our cake was phenomenal! Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

M&T Events Custom cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Chanel!

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

M&T made a beautiful wedding cake for us and then turned around and made an even better baby shower cake! Cakes are as tasty as they are beautiful!