M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery Reviews

196 | Woodbridge, VA

196 Reviews for M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 08/21/2020

Thank you M&T Events for a fantastic wedding cake!

Martina and her team were fantastic and seamless in supporting our wedding! The cake design came out exactly as we had envisioned and more! The hand-made sugar flowers were beautiful and detailed. The delivery was so seamless on the wedding day. The cake exceeded expectations and matched the quality we gathered from the tasting. There were many compliments on the day of the event about the look and taste of the cake!

The booking and execution of the initial tasting was easy and Martina was very pleasant to work with. No passive bullying or "marketing" non-sense to try and earn our business. Her work (in the wedding business and other areas) speaks for itself.

Her pricing is VERY fair and her communication through the process was superb. Our wedding was one of the unfortunate many to need a reschedule due to COVID-19 restrictions and she was very understanding and accommodating, without any surprise or inconveniences.

We are so pleased that we decided to have M&T Events provide our cake for our wedding! We highly recommend her services! She also offers baking services outside of weddings and we will definitely be a repeat customer.

Sent on 08/29/2020
  • ReNaye

ReNaye King · Married on 04/18/2020

Awesome experience

I had an awesome time with one of the owners of M&T. Since we are bringing two cultures together we wanted each of us to be represented on our cake. She asked us what we wanted and presented us with a beautiful sketch of our cake. I'm looking forward to coming back and letting you know how terrific everything was.

Sent on 01/03/2020

Tiffany Adams · Married on 03/20/2020

#AllThingsNewsome

We had an awesome experience working with M&T Bakery! Martina was excellent to work with. I gave her a picture of my dream cake. On the spot she outlined the design for my fiance and I that we loved! The week of the wedding she contacted us to ensure that our wedding was track! The cake was absolutely beautiful! It was everything that I could have imagined!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Tolu M. · Married on 02/22/2020

An artwork perfect for us

Our wedding cake tasted as delicious as it looked, and it was one gorgeous cake! I met Martina during my cake tasting and was immediately wowed by her selection of none traditional but delicious cakes. What I liked more was the fact that she was VERY EXCITED to recreate a modern art cake design I had found online, making a few suggestions on how we could make it our own. She was professional, warm and a delight to work with--she even wrapped up the extra cakes from the tasting and told me how to store them so I could take it to my fiance who lived far away. We went with the Lemon Raspberry and Dulce De Leche flavors, and our wedding cake tasted better than what I recalled having during the cake tasting. The cake was more than enough for our 120-person wedding. Did I mention that the flowers and leaves were handmade using rice paper? That's how skilled M & T is. Thanks Martina!

Sent on 03/25/2020

M. Anna · Married on 12/14/2019

Beautiful Outside and Tasty inside

Martina is absolutely wonderful. From start to finish her daughter and her were amazing. She was able to capture our nerdy flare in an elegant way that we wanted. Plus the taste tasted amazing. One of the things I wish I ate more of at the wedding. :)

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Captured our vision

The taste of the cake was amazing probably the best I have ever had. We asked for 2 cakes 1 we wanted very simple we showed them an idea and they made an absolutely beautiful cake that really captured what we were about. It was a timeline of our life together. And for the 2nd cake we wanted them to surprise us and they did not disappoint. Thank you guys for being part of our special day.

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Mya

Mya Dantzler · Married on 11/02/2019

Wedding Cake

Wedding cake was amazing! It was everything

Sent on 12/05/2019

Jessi · Married on 10/20/2019

Our "All In" Cake was Amazing!

There aren't enough kind words I can say about this company. The tasting was personal and I felt like a star. They were completely accommodating to what we wanted for our wedding cake. When I saw the final product, I was completed floored at the amazing job they did! We couldn't have picked a better baker for our special day. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Chris Coleman · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing from start to finish!

M&T made our cake and desserts for our wedding in October 2019. Every part of the process from their tasting at their home-turned-bakery to the dessert display (you have to try the Bacardi 151 rum balls!) was exceptional. We asked them to make mini-pies as part of the take-home gifts, which turned out incredible as well. I can’t recommend their service enough!

Sent on 04/28/2020

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review. We are very happy that all went well. We hope to see you again on your anniversary for your free anniversary cake. Just give us a ping, 3 weeks before so we can put you on the calendar. :-)
    Warm Regards, stay safe and well!
    Martina
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 09/14/2019

So Awesome

You need to go have a tasting with this wonderful lady. There was a beautiful flower display on the front of our cake. I late told guests it was completely hand made and not real flowers, and they had no idea! It was so realistic. I can't wait to have it again for our 1 year anniversary.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely content!

Amazing flavors and great attention! I received exactly what I asked for!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie Finnerty · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely Beautiful Wedding Cake!

We worked with Martina throughout the whole process and she was so easy to work with! She made our wedding cake and “yummy rummies” (rumballs that are to die for). We were so happy with how it all turned out. Our cake was GORGEOUS and tasted so good. We received so many compliments on both the cake and yummy rummies from our guests. If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2019

Loved our cake!

We loved the cake Martina and Tiffany made for us. It tasted delicious and looked perfect for our venue. We got the almond flavor and it was perfect. They were also very reasonably priced, especially for the DC area. We're excited for our 1 year anniversary complimentary cake. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2019

Don’t look any further! Affordable and delicious!

We only had 1 other cake appointment as we were in a time crunch planning a wedding in 4 months! But we were so incredibly lucky to find M&T! Our cake tasting was delicious and detailed and personable. I was nervous and excited to see the final product and I honestly could not have been happier. It was everything i had hoped and the top decoration. Was stunning! The colors were on point and exactly as she had described. Super delicious and rich flavors! You don’t need to look any further!

Sent on 08/23/2019

ShaniquA Nance · Married on 08/17/2019

Delicious!

This is an epic mother daughter duo! I ordered a dulce de leche 3 layer cake for my wedding 8/17/19! Omg everyone said it was thee best cake they has ever had! I am ordering another one in a few week! Hands down best event cake around! I only wish it was bigger!😋

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/17/2019

My cake was perfect

Everything was on time and perfect. She customized my cake to fit US.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Lukline

Lukline · Married on 08/10/2019

Exceptional

This mother, daughter duo was really great to work with. My cake was delicious and beautiful. Almost everybody at the wedding has been requesting their contact information. My husband love the cake so much we are ordering more for his upcoming birthday party.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Joyce Tam · Married on 06/29/2019

Most Beautiful and Delicious Cake Ever!

It was a pleasure working with Martina on our wedding cake! When my then-fiancé (now husband) and I had our consultation, Martina sat with us for over two hours discussing ideas and what we wanted in our wedding cake. She was so patient and listened carefully, and she designed a cake for us right then and there. On the day of the wedding, when we laid eyes on the actual cake, nothing could prepare us for the wonder that Martina created for us! It’s amazing the details she put into the glittering golden emblem and tiny fleurs-de-lys trim. The fondant was smooth and beautiful. Her sugar flower work was gorgeous! I looked up so many pictures of sugar sunflowers, and nothing remotely compared to Martina’s handiwork. It was intricate and elegant, yet whimsical. And the cake tasted delicious! We chose a lemon cake with raspberry filling and loved every bite. The cake wasn’t overly sweet and it was so fluffy and moist; even the fondant was tasty. My husband and I just had a piece of leftover cake two weeks after the wedding, and it is still delicious! Martina strives for and achieves perfection. Also, her Yummy Rummies are to die for! I will surely be reaching out to Martina when we’re celebrating another special occasion.

Sent on 07/14/2019

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you very much for the awesome review. it was a great honor to be a part of your special day. I will see you hopefully next year for your Anniversary. I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness. Warm Regards, Martina
  • Caroline

Caroline Rosini · Married on 06/29/2019

Scrumptious & Stunning!

From our very first interactions over email, to our tasting session, to the day-of, Martina/M&T Events was a dream to work with. During our tasting appointment, she was friendly, professional, and even let us taste a sample of her fondant (which, to my pleasant surprise, was absolutely delicious!) Martina created a picture-perfect cake complete with the most realistic sugar flowers you've ever seen. Amazingly, the cake tasted even better than it looked. We ordered the lemon raspberry and almond krokant as our flavors -- both flavors were fresh and scrumptious. We got many compliments on how delicious the cake was! Thank you, Martina, for sharing your talents with us! We can't wait to order another cake from you!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Angella

Angella Martin · Married on 05/10/2019

Too Pretty To Eat!

M&T Events was the perfect choice! Martina listened to our ideas and turned them into a beautiful reality. The artistry was picturesque and the taste even exceeded our original tasting. We had personalized cakes to present to amazing people in our lives and they absolutely LOVED them! The strawberry and red velvet flavors are our favorites, the only down side was we didn't get the chance to eat more before it was all gone!! Thank you Martina and Tiffany! Our wedding reception cakes were all we wanted them to be and our family and friends RAVED about them. Looking forward to our next milestone! Strawberry here we come! :o)

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Housewright · Married on 05/10/2019

Perfect Cake for Perfect Day

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. When we went to our first tasting we had no idea what we wanted our cake to look like. Martina then asked us a few questions about our wedding and drew up the most perfect design. When we saw the final product, we were amazed how it perfectly matched our whole wedding. The flavors offered were amazing and the cake could not be any better. My husband, our guests and I loved the cake and would highly recommend M&T Cakes. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Kristina · Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious Work of Art

We knew we wanted Martina to make our wedding cake the day of our tasting! Her cake flavors stood apart from any of the other bakers we tried so it was an easy decision. She is also so sweet and made the entire process from order to delivery smooth and stress free. Once we saw the cake on our wedding day it was truly a work of art! Our guests couldn’t stop taking pictures of the beautiful design and the cake received numerous compliments :)

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • JENNIFER

JENNIFER FERRAGUT · Married on 03/23/2019

The BEST Value Anywhere

We hired Martina and Tiffany for a small custom shaped cake and 100 cupcakes in four flavors for our wedding reception. Not only were they all delicious and looked as good as we imagined, but it was less than half the cost of what we were quoted elsewhere!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 11/10/2018

You need to book them for your wedding!

Martina is local to Woodbridge VA! She was amazing, our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We chose the German almond flavor and everyone said it tasted amazing.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Allegrah

Allegrah · Married on 10/20/2018

The Willy Wonka of Cakes

Holy moly! Martina at M&T events is going to be doing making my cakes for every and all occasions. She’s quick to respond to emails, I had a cake tasting within hours of emailing her. Her tastings are fresh and EVERYTHING she makes is edible (even her itemized invoice). My husband (ah husband!!) and Is cake was everything we wanted and more. We had our wedding party fighting over it the next day! If you want a stress free, amazing experience, look no further!

Sent on 10/23/2018

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review. We hope to be working with you in the near future. Warm Regards, Martina