M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery Reviews

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 7
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 09/14/2019

So Awesome

You need to go have a tasting with this wonderful lady. There was a beautiful flower display on the front of our cake. I late told guests it was completely hand made and not real flowers, and they had no idea! It was so realistic. I can't wait to have it again for our 1 year anniversary.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely content!

Amazing flavors and great attention! I received exactly what I asked for!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 8
  • Melanie

Melanie Finnerty · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely Beautiful Wedding Cake!

We worked with Martina throughout the whole process and she was so easy to work with! She made our wedding cake and “yummy rummies” (rumballs that are to die for). We were so happy with how it all turned out. Our cake was GORGEOUS and tasted so good. We received so many compliments on both the cake and yummy rummies from our guests. If I could give more than 5 stars I would! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/19/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 9
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2019

Loved our cake!

We loved the cake Martina and Tiffany made for us. It tasted delicious and looked perfect for our venue. We got the almond flavor and it was perfect. They were also very reasonably priced, especially for the DC area. We're excited for our 1 year anniversary complimentary cake. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 09/01/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 10
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2019

Don’t look any further! Affordable and delicious!

We only had 1 other cake appointment as we were in a time crunch planning a wedding in 4 months! But we were so incredibly lucky to find M&T! Our cake tasting was delicious and detailed and personable. I was nervous and excited to see the final product and I honestly could not have been happier. It was everything i had hoped and the top decoration. Was stunning! The colors were on point and exactly as she had described. Super delicious and rich flavors! You don’t need to look any further!

Sent on 08/23/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 11
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 12

ShaniquA Nance · Married on 08/17/2019

Delicious!

This is an epic mother daughter duo! I ordered a dulce de leche 3 layer cake for my wedding 8/17/19! Omg everyone said it was thee best cake they has ever had! I am ordering another one in a few week! Hands down best event cake around! I only wish it was bigger!😋

Sent on 08/23/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 13
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/17/2019

My cake was perfect

Everything was on time and perfect. She customized my cake to fit US.

Sent on 10/17/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 14
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 15
  • Lukline

Lukline · Married on 08/10/2019

Exceptional

This mother, daughter duo was really great to work with. My cake was delicious and beautiful. Almost everybody at the wedding has been requesting their contact information. My husband love the cake so much we are ordering more for his upcoming birthday party.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Joyce Tam · Married on 06/29/2019

Most Beautiful and Delicious Cake Ever!

It was a pleasure working with Martina on our wedding cake! When my then-fiancé (now husband) and I had our consultation, Martina sat with us for over two hours discussing ideas and what we wanted in our wedding cake. She was so patient and listened carefully, and she designed a cake for us right then and there. On the day of the wedding, when we laid eyes on the actual cake, nothing could prepare us for the wonder that Martina created for us! It’s amazing the details she put into the glittering golden emblem and tiny fleurs-de-lys trim. The fondant was smooth and beautiful. Her sugar flower work was gorgeous! I looked up so many pictures of sugar sunflowers, and nothing remotely compared to Martina’s handiwork. It was intricate and elegant, yet whimsical. And the cake tasted delicious! We chose a lemon cake with raspberry filling and loved every bite. The cake wasn’t overly sweet and it was so fluffy and moist; even the fondant was tasty. My husband and I just had a piece of leftover cake two weeks after the wedding, and it is still delicious! Martina strives for and achieves perfection. Also, her Yummy Rummies are to die for! I will surely be reaching out to Martina when we’re celebrating another special occasion.

Sent on 07/14/2019

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you very much for the awesome review. it was a great honor to be a part of your special day. I will see you hopefully next year for your Anniversary. I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness. Warm Regards, Martina
  • Caroline

Caroline Rosini · Married on 06/29/2019

Scrumptious & Stunning!

From our very first interactions over email, to our tasting session, to the day-of, Martina/M&T Events was a dream to work with. During our tasting appointment, she was friendly, professional, and even let us taste a sample of her fondant (which, to my pleasant surprise, was absolutely delicious!) Martina created a picture-perfect cake complete with the most realistic sugar flowers you've ever seen. Amazingly, the cake tasted even better than it looked. We ordered the lemon raspberry and almond krokant as our flavors -- both flavors were fresh and scrumptious. We got many compliments on how delicious the cake was! Thank you, Martina, for sharing your talents with us! We can't wait to order another cake from you!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 16
  • Angella

Angella Martin · Married on 05/10/2019

Too Pretty To Eat!

M&T Events was the perfect choice! Martina listened to our ideas and turned them into a beautiful reality. The artistry was picturesque and the taste even exceeded our original tasting. We had personalized cakes to present to amazing people in our lives and they absolutely LOVED them! The strawberry and red velvet flavors are our favorites, the only down side was we didn't get the chance to eat more before it was all gone!! Thank you Martina and Tiffany! Our wedding reception cakes were all we wanted them to be and our family and friends RAVED about them. Looking forward to our next milestone! Strawberry here we come! :o)

Sent on 10/15/2019

Kristina · Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious Work of Art

We knew we wanted Martina to make our wedding cake the day of our tasting! Her cake flavors stood apart from any of the other bakers we tried so it was an easy decision. She is also so sweet and made the entire process from order to delivery smooth and stress free. Once we saw the cake on our wedding day it was truly a work of art! Our guests couldn’t stop taking pictures of the beautiful design and the cake received numerous compliments :)

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • JENNIFER

JENNIFER FERRAGUT · Married on 03/23/2019

The BEST Value Anywhere

We hired Martina and Tiffany for a small custom shaped cake and 100 cupcakes in four flavors for our wedding reception. Not only were they all delicious and looked as good as we imagined, but it was less than half the cost of what we were quoted elsewhere!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 11/10/2018

You need to book them for your wedding!

Martina is local to Woodbridge VA! She was amazing, our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing. We chose the German almond flavor and everyone said it tasted amazing.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Allegrah

Allegrah · Married on 10/20/2018

The Willy Wonka of Cakes

Holy moly! Martina at M&T events is going to be doing making my cakes for every and all occasions. She’s quick to respond to emails, I had a cake tasting within hours of emailing her. Her tastings are fresh and EVERYTHING she makes is edible (even her itemized invoice). My husband (ah husband!!) and Is cake was everything we wanted and more. We had our wedding party fighting over it the next day! If you want a stress free, amazing experience, look no further!

Sent on 10/23/2018

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review. We hope to be working with you in the near future. Warm Regards, Martina

Katy · Married on 10/20/2018

Very easy to work with; incredibly impressive (and delicious) cake

I highly recommend M&T Events. First, they were extremely easy to work with. Setting up a tasting took just a couple of emails. The tasting itself was great - the owner showed us around her very impressive and professional home studio, let us look at a number of sample cakes she had created, and talked us through the various cake options (which were all delicious). Any time we had an update or a question, she responded promptly and completely. On the day of, they brought the cake where it was supposed to be at the time it was supposed to be there with no hassle, and the cake itself was absolutely beautiful. You can look at the pictures she has up and see how amazing her work is - I can't adequately describe it here. It really did come out as beautiful as we expected it to be based on her previous work. Everyone was extremely impressed with the cake. It was also delicious! I was so sad I only got one piece of it - it was so good. I couldn't recommend M&T more. If I ever have any other special events to plan for in the DC area, they'll be the first people I call.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Hi Katy,
    Thank you so much for the nice review. We are so happy that all went well and that you and your guests loved the cake. It was a great pleasure working with you and we hope to be working with you in the near future. Warm Regards, Martina
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 10/11/2018

We wish we could give Martina more than 5 stars!

We’re extremely happy with the cake provided by Martina of M&T Events Custom Cakes on our wedding day! Months before our wedding, we had a cake tasting and discussed the cake design with Martina in several conversations. Because I myself was planning our wedding, I had many detailed questions and creative ideas in mind. Martina exceeded our expectations with her professionalism, business savvy, and creative skills. Leading up to our wedding day, she offered very helpful suggestions to make the cake and cake presentation special. On our wedding day, we can say without a doubt that we were especially pleased with the lovely cake and cake presentation. We received so many compliments on the design and taste! When many people don’t even eat wedding cake, we were surprised when several people asked for more! Martina has a great personality, kind heart, and is very accommodating. We greatly appreciate that! We wish we could give Martina more than 5 stars!

Best,
    Katrina and Kevin Johnson

Sent on 10/24/2018
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 17
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 18
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 19
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 20

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We are very happy that you loved your cake. We cant wait to seeing you next year or sooner. Warm Regards, Martina

Aida · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible work

M and T events was one of our favorite vendors to work with for our wedding. Martina was always so pleasant to talk to. Since our first meeting she remained very professional and sweet. She delivered a beautiful wedding cake for us with attention to detail that exceeded our expectation. We came in requesting a set of ideas more on the creative side, which she captured perfectly! Our family also went to her for my bridal shower cake which was beautiful. Thank you for making the always crazy wedding planning process a little better.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Donna-Fe

Donna-Fe · Married on 09/29/2018

Words cannot describe how we felt when we met first met Martina the owner. She is loving, genuine, professional and everything she does is in your best interest, it was like meeting a distant family member.

Her cakes are delicious and divine. My now husband and I could not believe the cakes she’s made it is out of this world. Something you’d see on the foot network channel and her prices are affordable. She makes everything from scratch! You will not be disappointed!

Thank you Martina and Tiffany for everything!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 21

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

It was a great pleasure working with you and I cant wait to be working with you in the near future. I'm supper happy that you loved your cake. Thanks a million for the nice review.

Warm Regards,
    Martina

Astra · Married on 08/18/2018

Our cake was amazing. It was gorgeous and everyone loved it. You could never go wrong by hiring them. Fantastic work!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2018

Martina is the BEST. My wedding was last Friday And my cake was absolutely delicious and her cupcakes amazing. My cake was lemon blueberry mousse and cupcakes yellow and chocolate raspberry. All of my guests loved the desserts and I will definitely keep her as a contact for my next big event. Choose M&T Events. You will not be disappointed❤

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • F

Fallon · Married on 08/11/2018

The M&T Events Team Are Great!!!

My husband and I hired M&T Events to create our wedding cake after being referred to them by a family member. Not only did they do an excellent job on the cake, but it was a pleasure working with them! Martina and Tiffany are talented, professional and friendly. As an artist, I also have an appreciation for their artistic ability. The work that they create is beautiful and unique.

Thank you again, Martina and Tiffany, for making our special day even more memorable with the pretty and tasty strawberry shortcake wedding cake :-) You all are awesome!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Jose · Married on 07/06/2018

Great experience. The team at M&T did a great job designing and creating our wedding cake. Every discussed detail was followed. Heartfelt thanks. We will be seeing you again.... For years to come.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Christiana

Christiana · Married on 06/17/2018

My husband and I went to 6 cake tastings before we went here. Everywhere else was either to expensive or could not accommodate our design. My wedding was technology themed. From the beginning of the cake tasting, I knew this was going to be our decision. She had tons of samples not only of the cake flavor combos, but of other desserts and decor. Her workshop is a dream. Everything they make is edible!!! We asked for a second cake tasting to try some nontraditional cake flavors. They were so accommodating! Both cake tastings were free. We ordered a wedding cake, groom cake, yummy rummies, gluten free cupcakes, and centerpieces. Our wedding cake was beautiful and they took such good care of my grandmothers cake topper from her wedding in the 60s. So beautiful. Our groom cake was beyond what her sketches were. It lights up!!! Days after the wedding and it was still glowing! Her yummy rummies are to die for. Think better than 5 star rum balls. All ingredients straight from Germany with good booze and chocolate! She was so understanding of allergies and incorporated it into the display. As a bride planning a wedding, you always worry about the centerpieces. What should they be? How big? Design? She makes edible centerpieces. The reception was so entertaining because of the these centerpieces. I will be using these ladies for everything in the future. I will not use any other baker, ever. Thank you ladies so much!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 22
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 23
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 24
    M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery 25

M&T Events Custom Cakes Bakery's reply:

Thank you Christiana for the wonderful review. We are always worried to make sure we exceed in what our couples/ clients expect, and hearing your feed back is the best gift ever. Because of clients like you, we love what we do and strive always for perfection. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Martina

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Martina is the sweetest. She has a cake bakers dream home setup where we got to see her and her daughter's stunning award winning cakes. They are incredible! We got to test about 7 different flavors of cake and fell in love with the German Almond Krokant. The cake arrived on the day of with no problems and it looked gorgeous and it tasted delicious. Thank you Martina!

Sent on 07/01/2018