75 Reviews for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island

Licensed (2)
Blowouts (2)
Natural Makeup (2)
Tattoo Coverage (1)

Gretchen and her team was amazing..My aedding party and I were very pleased..I was a bit nervous since I had to use a wig. My hair style was absolutely fabulous..I would definately use this company over anyone else..

Profile Picture Maribel, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Working with Gretchen and her team was an absolute pleasure. Everyone who had their hair and makeup done, including myself was completely satisfied and looked absolutely beautiful! Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for experienced stylists to help them look amazing on their big day!

Profile Picture Jocelyn , 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

This team is great! The power went out on my wedding day and they still got the job done. My sister wanted her hair styled with no heat and they were able to do a beautiful style. They can handle anything and I had a large amount of services for that day. Below is what I wrote to Gretchen and her team who serviced my wedding April 6 2018:

I want to start of by saying thank you so much for everything you and your wonderful team did for my wedding. All the bridesmaids and family members that did their hair, makeup, or both stated that this was the BEST service they ever received and I agree. My bridesmaids had diverse hair types and each of you were able to style their hair exactly how they wanted. One feedback I was provided with is that the person showed a photo of only the front view of the hairstyle she wanted and you ladies were able to do the exact same style in the front with a beautiful style in the back that complimented the hairstyle. Makeup wise, we all used the airbrush makeup and it lasted through all the tears the day of. At the end of each service you each were open to feedback in asking whether or not they wanted any changes in their hair and/or makeup.
In the hotel, the power went out! Any other bride would have went into complete panic mode when that happened, but I did not because I was confident in you and your team. Everyone on your team was so calm and composed while this was happening. If I recall correctly, the power was out for at least 30-40 minutes and your team still managed to get 14 hair services and 8 makeup services done before the time I requested. From the makeup trial to the wedding, there is no other team I wanted to be with on my wedding day. Thank you so much! I don't think there are enough words to explain my gratitude. I was so happy to be with such a professional and agile team that day and I would recommend you to any bride that asks me. Great service at such a great price as well. Hopefully work with you soon

Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review - Makeup not completed time of photo
Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review - I wanted my makeup to look very natural
Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review
Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review - No makeup on yet
Photos
Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review - Make up and hair not yet completed but beautiful eyeshadow
Photo for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Review - Bridesmaid that did not want any heat on her hair
Profile Picture Kelly, 4/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Gina, Raisa, Shani, Lucia, & Sheri were absolutely amazing on my wedding day! They even had to trek through the snow to get to my 12/30/17 wedding and they all made it on-time and without complaining. We had so much fun getting ready and just hanging out in the morning of the wedding. They finished all of us in a timely matter! We had 9 people and then myself(the Bride). Everyone was thrilled with how we looked. I cried a bunch of times and so did my whole family and bridal party and our make up stayed perfect! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Tatyana, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Tattoo Coverage, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Gretchen and her team did a fantastic job on hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party for my 11/3/17 wedding. I couldn’t have been happier with my hair style and makeup. So beautiful. Gretchen is a delight to work with. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Katharine , 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Gretchen and her team for my wedding on 10/14/17. My bridesmaids and I were absolutely thrilled with how we looked. Every member of Gretchen's team was on time and on schedule, and our morning was smooth and low-stress because of it, even with 10 bridesmaids! I cannot recommend Gretchen enough.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
This review is currently being verified.

Gretchen and her team worked on my 9/9/17 wedding. Her entire team was absolutely fantastic, kept everyone on schedule and all of my bridesmaids hair came out beautiful.
Gretchen worked directly on my hair and makeup and from trial to day of, she was attentive, always answered all my questions in a timely manner and was a pleasure to work with. My hair and make up was flawless and it held up ALL night, through tons of dancing.
I am so happy I chose Gretchen and her team (Laurissa and Shannon) for my wedding day!

Profile Picture Sylvia , 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Gretchen and her team are amazing to work with!! I went for a make-up trial with Michelle and had a few changes to make before the big day - she nailed it and I was absolutely happy with my wedding look! Shannon did my hair right off the bat and it was gorgeous - thank you so much, you made my vision for my big day become reality!

Profile Picture Claudia, 9/3/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved my wedding day look :) very timely and professional throughout the whole process! Thank you Gretchen for everything!

Profile Picture Venus, 6/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Gretchen and her team. From the first time I contacted Gretchen regarding hair and make-up for my wedding she was so helpful and accommodating. She was extremely responsive to emails, calls and texts which made the planning process so much easier! After my hair and make-up came out beautiful at the trial I booked her on the spot. Not only is Gretchen extremely talented, but her calm and caring demeanor is exactly what you will want on the day of your wedding. Gretchen and her team traveled to provide services at the hotel near our wedding venue. Gretchen and the three other hair/make-up artists were extremely professional, friendly, accommodating and talented! They arrived on time and were extremely efficient in providing services for myself and 9 other ladies. All of my bridesmaids commented on how wonderful the team was and how impressed they were with the services they received. I highly recommend M.A.L.I. to anyone looking for the best!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup
4.7

Gretchen & Raisa did the hair for my bridesmaids and they both did a great job! Gretchen was very responsive from the beginning and throughout the whole process. Her and Raisa came right onsite to the hotel on-time and on schedule at every step. They did exactly what the girls had asked for and if they needed touch-ups or changes done, they were done without hesitation. Super easy and accommodating and at a fair price. Highly recommend Gretchen & her crew!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Hair

Gretchen and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. I was very unsure of what I wanted in terms of both hair & makeup, but after spending some time with me, Gretchen was able to figure it out. My family, friends and I all looked gorgeous on my wedding day and the hair and make-up didn't budge for the entirety of the day! People could not stop commenting on how great it looked. Thank you, Gretchen!

Profile Picture Jenny, 3/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

First off- let me start by saying I am absolutely not a girly girl by any means. So make up and hair is totally not my thing. And every time I have gotten my make up (especially) done I absolutely hate it every single time I leave. 100% of the time when I get home I wash it off and put on my own. Which led me to strongly believe that for my wedding I was going to be doing my own. I went for a few trials with other make up artists before finding Gretchen as well. I even booked with one other one (NOT gretchen) because I really just thought that when you get your make up done you are just going to look like a cake face. It never sat well with me that I booked with that other lady so after a little back and forth I got my money back. I said to myself I am going to just do ONE more trial (after my now husband begged me not to do and just to do it myself). Well- I am so glad I did go for that last trial because this is when I found Gretchen. I learned that no you are actually not supposed to look like you have pounds of make up on and when you go to a women with some serious experience you leave looking the way you imagined you would. Gretchen and her whole time wow-ed one tough group of girls. I was nervous there was going to be complaining- but literally not one girl had a complaint and every one felt gorgeous which truly showed in the pictures. When you FEEL beautiful you look beautiful. Save the time shopping around and wasting money on trials- because I did- and just go to Gretchen. Her and her whole team, so professional, punctual, fun, talented and overall just great. As the bride I used Gretchen and I had numerous photo shoots with my photographer (engagement and boudoir, and obviously wedding) and each time I left I looked awesome. I really felt it too. My hair looked exactly the way I wanted it and I have some seriously difficult hair to work with. I am telling you- show this women a picture and when you leave you will look like the picture!

Profile Picture Kristina, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Gretchen was a delight to work with! She handle all of my requests with flexibility as things changed a few times in advance of my wedding and her colleague, Laurisa, did a wonderful job on my hair and make-up. She also was able to handle all of the individual style requests from my family and friends who also had their hair and make-up done. I highly recommend this team!

Profile Picture Jaime, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Gretchen and her assistant did an awesome job with our hair and makeup. She was very organized and timely. She really did exactly what I had asked--and without any trial (as I did not have time!). I felt very beautiful on the day and she really did an incredible job and would book her again if I could or needed to!

Only nit picky thing was that we were ready VERY early (almost 1.5 hrs) due to scheduling--and it all felt a little bit rushed, just to wait around. I was in my dress and couldn't really leave the room without everyone seeing me--so I wish that it had not been so regimented, but it was better to be ready early than late! Perhaps if I had planned better to be getting ready in another room--I wouldn't have felt that way!

Profile Picture Daria, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Licensed, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Gretchen and her team did a beautiful job on hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. Gretchen made me feel at ease throughout the entire process and was very flexible to ensure that I absolutely loved my hair and makeup on the big day. Nearly everyone commented on the style and also how natural my makeup looked, which was important to me. My bridesmaids and family members were also thrilled with their hair and makeup and overall, I couldn't say enough great things. Wonderful Work!

Profile Picture michelle, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling

I used M.A.L.I for my hair services for my wedding on June 11, 2016. I was paired up with Cheryl, who was AMAZING. I had REALLY short hair, and using extensions, she made my hair look stunning. I did my trial with her using one style, and on my wedding day, I actually chose a different style - no trial on that look - and it came out stunning! I couldn't have asked for a better stylist the day of the wedding. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and each was extremely happy with the results. I can't speak for any other of Gretchen's people, but Cheryl is worth EVERY penny. Arrived at the hotel early in the morning, on time, and worked her butt off for hours. If you have any doubts about adding extensions, Cheryl is the way to go! Appreciate all the work she put in.

Profile Picture Kerri, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used M.A.L.I. for my wedding make-up on March 12. Loved, loved, loved working with Gretchen!!!! I contacted her after reading rave reviews, and the reviews were right. She was such a delight!!! Sweet, professional, and talented. The trial went extremely well, and I knew I wanted to book her that day. My mother also had a trial and Gretchen did a wonderful job. The day of the wedding, she did my make-up, my mother's and my four bridesmaids. Everyone was extremely happy with the final product. She took the time to listen to what everyone wanted. My make-up was absolutely beautiful, and lasted the whole night. I highly recommend Gretchen and I am grateful that I chose her!!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 3/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Gretchen and her team completely blew me away! They were amazing!!! Gretchen was extremely accommodating with catering to my requests and really made me feel so comfortable on my special day. My hair and makeup were PERFECT! It was exactly what I had always hoped and dreamed...thanks to Gretchen! I would recommend her and her team to any bride and her bridal party!

Profile Picture Callie, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was an older bride who was getting married for the first time. I also planned my wedding in four weeks, and was unable to book a trial. I knew very specifically what I wanted. Gretchen was amazing. My hair was gorgeous, as well as my make-up. I looked like myself, only better. Even my husband, who normally does not like me in make-up loved it. Gretchen listened to everything I said, and did a wonderful job. So happy with the results.

Profile Picture User6447063, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

I booked Gretchen for my wedding and thank goodness I found her!!! I needed hair and makeup for not only myself but my entire bridal party which consisted of 8 girls. I had such a hard time finding an artist who could do African American hair so when Gretchen told me she wouldn't have a problem doing my hair I did not hesitate to book a trial with her. She did my hair and airbrush makeup in no time and for the first time I felt at peace regarding my wedding day beauty. I picked out a few different hairstyles on pintrest and we went through them to pick the perfect hairstyle to compliment my face as well as my dress. The morning of the wedding she showed up with her assistant and wasted no time! these ladies got down to business and before i knew it we were all dolled up and ready to go!! I didn't fell like my hair wouldn't last day or my makeup and I didn't feel like my makeup was caked on. It felt really light and natural. Her prices are really fair to the point that I was able to pay for all of my girls to have their makeup done as part of their bridesmaid gifts. Thank you Gretchen for being so responsive and professional and for making us all look our best on such an important day.

Profile Picture Cherice, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Gretchen and her team were super professional and wonderful to work with. She did 1 makeup and 2 hair trials on me (bc I didn't know what hairstyle I wanted) and 1 makeup/1hair trial on my mother. I'd recommend having an idea of what hairstyle you want (pinterest hairstyles with your specific hair color) before going to the trial. She did a gorgeous job on my makeup!! She worked with my Asian eyes and had to adjust the false eyelashes a bit but she got them perfect. She was quick to respond via text/phone, a little behind with emails but it wasn't that big of a deal. She made sure the instructions and day-of schedule were emailed to me a week in advance of the big day. That super early morning, Gretchen and her team were 15mins early (4:30am!!) and were ready for me and my bridal party exactly on schedule. I had gotten some superficial injuries before the wedding, and she quickly applied a little airbrush over the scratches the day-of. Couldn't even tell I had any scratches in the photos! Highly recommend her and her team!!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend Gretchen Marie if you are looking for a hairstylist for your wedding. I had a trial prior to Gretchen and I was dissatisfied. After my trial with Gretchen, I was so satisfied with her work that I booked her for my wedding day immediately. Gretchen was able to replicate the look I had chosen brilliantly. My hair was picture perfect and stayed very well throughout the night and even to the next day. My hair was perfect for my big day and I felt beautiful.
Gretchen is personable, punctual and professional with her work. Thank you so much for making me look like a princess on the day I imagined since a little girl. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend her!!!! You would be happy too!
-Carollin