Love Crush Beauty Reviews

Love Crush Beauty 3
Love Crush Beauty 4
Love Crush Beauty 5

vanessa · Married on 10/05/2014

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and I had to have hair & makeup started at 5:30am, Gretchen had no problem coming at that time and she was so sweet & professional and did an amazing job with my hair & makeup! She made me look & feel beautiful! I received so many compliments from people at the wedding. I will definitely give gretchen a call for my next event I have to attend.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Eileen · Married on 09/14/2014

Gretchen and Shannon did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day, they superseded all expectations that I had and highly recommend them. They were super flexible and accommodating (they traveled to meet me at my hotel which was quiet a ways away) and extremely professional. My wedding party also had hair and makeup done which was equally amazing. If your truly want to look perfect on your wedding day you must call these ladies!

Sent on 10/08/2014

keri · Married on 09/13/2014

Gretchen and her team were awesome! I'm so happy I chose to work with her for my wedding. I booked her right after I finished the trial with her, and she was so helpful in working out a schedule for the day of the wedding to make sure we all stayed on time and were ready exactly when we needed to be. She was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions, and helped to make the day go really smoothly. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Gretchen is amazing! I had lost my makeup artist just a month before my wedding and had done a few trials before finding Gretchen but after searching through wedding wire I was able to find MALI, and they did not disappoint. She had set me up with Sherri who was so awesome! She was so helpful and did such an amazing job on myself and all of my bridal party. They were so professional and wanted to help me as best as possible and made it so easy for me, I really didn't worry at any point that anything would go wrong. Sherri was very communicative she even helped me find great makeup for my skin type. If you decide to use this company look no further you are in great hands!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2014

I had already booked a hair and makeup artist for my wedding, but they were not available for my engagement shoot (as I decided I wanted professional hair and makeup for it last minute). I scrambled around looking for someone on Long Island where my shoot was. After several disappointments I finally found Gretchen, who graciously agreed to do my hair and makeup for me last minute. She was such a pleasure to work with, and she did an amazing job on both my makeup and hair (not easy to find someone who does both equally well!). She was very professional (while also being fun to chat with), worked efficiently, and was very knowledgable as to how much time it would take, and she was kind enough to also give me advice on my wedding day timeline (even though she knew I had already booked other professionals for that day). I highly recommend her for any bride!!

Sent on 01/18/2015
  • Hopie

Hopie · Married on 08/09/2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Gretchen and her team. She is truly a professional. Gretchen did my hair for my wedding day and my bridesmaids' hair/makeup. We all received so many compliments all day long. I wish I could post a picture on here to show everyone how AMAZING my hair looked!

Gretchen is punctual and professional. The morning of the wedding I was not anticipating how nervous I was going to be. I felt nauseous because of my nerves and was SO unorganized! Gretchen stayed professional and even helped me calm down a little! A couple of my bridesmaids were late (which caused me to stress!), but Gretchen and her team worked quickly and efficiently to get the job done.

I was SO pleased with my results and I highly recommend her to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/04/2014

lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

I highly recommend Gretchen and her team. They provided hair & makeup services for me and my bridesmaids and everyone looked so gorgeous! Gretchen is a true professional and her responsiveness, advice and organization will put any bride at ease.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Natasha · Married on 07/04/2014

My experience with Gretchen has been amazing. The first time I used her was in 2010 as a Bridesmaid for my best friends wedding. When I saw my reflection on that day, I knew that Gretchen would be the one to do my Wedding - no question.

When I got engaged, Gretchen was one of the first services I was able to book! I knew she was the only Artist I would allow to do my make-up, and some of my bridesmaids felt the same way.

For my July 4th wedding, Gretchen and her team were early on a really early start time (5:30am) and professional. We ordered 13 services, and this team moved like no other. EVERYONE was happy with their hair and make up.

Gretchen and her team are amazing. I highly recommend them for any special occasion -

Sent on 07/15/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 06/14/2014

Gretchen and Shannon both did an amazing job on hair and makeup for my wedding. We all looked fabulous! I've never felt so beautiful and the bridesmaids all looked stunning. I would highly recommend them. In addition to doing an awesome job, they were both very friendly, professional and calm, which is important during a stressful time. They made the morning run very smoothly and I couldn't be more thankful.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2014

We decided to do a destination wedding in NYC, and nearly everything was planned remotely. I'm not from NY and none of my girls are either, so we had to do our research and hope for the best on most things. Gretchen far exceeded any expectations I might have had for any of the vendors.

Professionally, she nails it. I appreciated how clearly everything was laid out in the contract and in her day-of itinerary. She was on time (early even) and kept us on schedule without us ever feeling like we were on a schedule. Her policies are very clear and purposeful, which I enjoyed having all those details settled ahead of time.

As far as talent, she has it. I felt through the planning process that many of the wedding vendors have pre-fabricated ideas that somehow they try to sell you as your own authentic wedding vision. Gretchen doesn't sell. She listens. She truly hears what you're envisioning. Then she produces on the concept. I was very pleased with how well she created my vision without ever having met me.

As for quality, she delivered that too. We went to Gantry Park after the ceremony for our pictures only to find ourselves in the middle of a downpour. We were able to get out of the rain without getting soggy. My hair is naturally curly and defaults to frizz on most dry days. After the photo session, I only looked a little wind-tossed, but my MOH was able to touch it up before the reception with just a bit of hairspray. Makeup stayed in place with no under-eye mess after crying and rain and receiving line hugs and all of it. I think we all look really good in the reception pictures, and you can't even tell we were out in the weather.

Thanks, Gretchen!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Lisa · Married on 01/18/2014

Gretchen was amazing throughout my whole wedding process. Her team, Shannon, Michelle, and Jen, were also all wonderful. I loved my hair and makeup and my whole wedding party loved theirs. Gretchen is the utmost professional, and dealt with me through 2 trials and a lot of back and forth about how I wanted my hair, but never got annoyed with me. I loved her, and don't think you should look any further!!

Sent on 02/01/2014

Sara · Married on 12/14/2013

Gretchen did an amazing and beautiful job of hair and makeup! My hair and makeup stayed perfect through a very hot limo ride, a very cold and snowy outdoors photo session, and throughout hours of hugging people and dancing. I got so many compliments on how beautiful and elegant my hairstyle was, and also how "me" it was. Between the makeup/hair trial and my actual wedding i had some ideas of minor changes I wanted, and Gretchen was so flexible and supportive and really took her time with me while I figured out how to put what I was imagining into words. I actually struggled to describe it but somehow she just seemed to know exactly what I was going for! The curls she created stayed in place and did not fall flat at all through the night, yet still managed to have movement! This was important to me because I don't like a robotic look- I wanted to look real. On the day of the wedding I had completely overlooked selecting a hair comb or accessory, but Gretchen came to the rescue when she pulled out delicate and gorgeous pearly pins from her bag to add to my half up half down look. Gretchen has a really calm and friendly demeanor which was critical during times when any bride could get a little nervous or stressed. Gretchen also gave a lot of good advice like when she said how important it was to start early to give some wiggle room, and also when she suggested that as the bride i did not get my makeup and hair done last. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Gretchen and her team!

Sara

Sent on 12/18/2013

Alexis · Married on 11/10/2013

It's been over a year since my wedding but I wanted to get a review in, Gretchen was amazing. She is truly an artist and did a lovely job on our hair and makeup. I definitely recommend her for hair and make up and she's a great person too.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Shoshana · Married on 10/19/2013

I recently just had my wedding this past weekend October 19, 2013 and used Gretchen Marie and her team, Shannon, Sheri and Stacy to do hair and makeup for my bridal party. I had a bridal party consisting of 13 girls, meaning lots of services and being pressed for time to make pictures.

Throughout the entire process Gretchen was extremely accomodating with me the entire way, to make sure everything the day of went seamless. She was extremely flexible and together we came up with a schedule that would work best for the amount of girls I had.

Each bridesmaid was given full face make up and eye lash extensions included, as well as, an amazing hairstyle. Not one bridesmaid was unhappy with the way that they looked, and I must say they each came out beyond stunning.

I could not have been happier working with Gretchen and her girls, they were professional, nice and fun to work with. I would 100% recommend Gretchen Marie and her girls to anyone looking for a seamless day of getting ready. In fact, my bridesmaids have already been asking me for her contact information.

Great work!! Thank you again.

Shana Gaon

Sent on 10/22/2013

Danielle · Married on 10/18/2013

Gretchen did my hair and makeup for my wedding which just passed on Oct 18th. . I cant even begine to find the words to describe how amazing she is. From the 1st time I met her I knew this wasn't just a job to her, it's a passion!! A work of art. I never felt more beautiful in my life as I did on my wedding day! She without a doubt exceeded my highest expectations!!! She also did hair and makeup for my bridal party. Everyone was so pleased. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you again Gretchen from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Karin · Married on 09/21/2013

I went to about 3 trials before I went to Gretchen. She by far and away was the most impressive. I loved how she did my hair and makeup, giving me excellent advice for my makeup and hair.

She spent HOURS with me for just the trial! She even offered to drive me back to the train! I had come out from the city, and it was so amazing and thoughtful.

She does hair and makeup and has a team. I hired her to do my hair and makeup and hair and makeup for the moms and most of my bridal party.

She arrived right on time, early in the morning for our 2pm wedding. We were doing all hair and makeup in the bridal suite, which worked out well.

As soon as I got up that morning, I began having a mini meltdown and became a little unglued. Looking back it was so funny, after 2 years of planning, I suddenly got the jitters big time. The first thing I said to Gretchen when she arrived was, “I don’t think I can do this today!” She just said, go lie back down and rest, we will take care of everything. Sure enough, they got to work, my girls came in one by one to get their work done and I rested for a few minutes. (and said my rosary!) Soon I was up and just fine.

Gretchen was so friendly, everyone liked her and the work was great. Our hair and makeup held up really well, even though some of our styles were complicated.

Since my wedding, I have really gotten into having my makeup done for special events because of my good experience with Gretchen and if we lived on the Island I would go to her all the time!
    MALI was about the best price wise of all that I tried, and it was so convenient to have an artist who did both.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Dana · Married on 07/13/2013

Gretchen and her team were absolutely amazing from the trial to the day of the wedding. Talk about professionalism!!!!!! She laid out exactly what was expected and went over all the details. She is a truly talented makeup and hair artist and knows her stuff! I only had to tell her what my vision was ONCE and she got it spot on, the first time. Gretchen is also one of the only certified makeup artists on long island, so beware that if you book with someone else, they may be a hair stylist who just calls themselves a makeup artist. Gretchen is the REAL DEAL!!!!!!!! Don't book with anyone else.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Dana! Thank you so much for this fantastic review! We loved working with you as much as you did with us...and we could not have asked for a more beautiful and easy-going group of girls making our job a pleasure! I also have to mention that Fade To Black New York Inc photographers captured the best of our work on all of you...great photography, and makeup and hair go hand in hand :) To any clients reading my response to my lovely client Dana, come check out Fade To Black and some incredible photos of our work captured by them at http://facebook.com/makeuplongisland

Shannon · Married on 06/16/2013

Gretchen and Jen were AWESOME! I booked Gretchen for my wedding after reading her reviews online. All the positive reviews are true! She is an incredible makeup and hair artist and is fairly priced - particularly for the bridal party. She is the only makeup artist I found that didn't charge an additional fee for airbrush makeup and lashes. Which let’s be honest - everyone wants!
    As for the Bride - Gretchen truly wants you to be happy! I chose an incredibly complicated hair style and Gretchen did not rest until she got it right. At my second hair trial we couldn't get it quite the way I wanted it so she gave me a 3rd trial for free and nailed it! I was so happy with my hair - I can't tell you!!!

The hair and makeup held up all day!!! Great experience all around!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Love Crush Beauty's reply:

Dear Shannon,

I cannot thank you enough for being such a wonderful client (and Griffin your fur-baby too), I loved that he came to the last trial :) Though I was certainly challenged by this hair design I have to say it was one of my favorites, and I learned something new! To any of my potential clients reading this review...I am going to pic-stitch the photo of what Shannon wanted, and the photo of my version in my photos on Wedding Wire (come take a look)...WE DID GREAT SHANNON! Jen F. (Owner of JRS Beauty and My good friend) will be so happy to see this. All the best to a beautiful couple!

Gerriann · Married on 03/09/2013

Gretchen is the best for hair and makeup! She was patient with me and helped me through many hair trials because it took me awhile to find a hairstyle that fit me best. Throughout all the trials, she was kind and helpful and did an amazing job.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Gretchen and Sheri provided hair and makeup for my daughter's wedding, which besides the bride and bridal party, included both my mother and me. I found them to be extremely professional, kind, flexible, and patient. They listened to what their clients desired in the way of hair and makeup and everyone was extremely pleased with their results. Everyone looked amazing! I cannot praise M.A.L.I Hair and Makeup By Gretchen Marie & Co. highly enough! I am very grateful that they were there to add beauty and artistry to the most important day in my daughter's life.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Laura · Married on 11/09/2012

It was a pleasure working with Gretchen. My makeup and hair held up all day into late hours of the night. My hair looked great the next day too! I have gotten all my negatives back and must say all the pictures look beautiful.
    I cant thank Gretchen enough for all her beautiful work that day.
    ps my maid of honor's hair and makeup was just stunning =)

Sent on 01/02/2013

Gretchen did my hair and makeup for my boyfriend's prom, which was on June 15th, 2012. She was very professional and wonderful to work with, and listened to what I wanted. I would highly recommend her; she helped to make it a very special day for me!

Sent on 07/07/2012

MICHELE · Married on 03/10/2012

I had the privilege of having Gretchen on my wedding day this Saturday, March 10th. She was incredible. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude. She did a cover of my large back tattoo that didn't really "go" with the look I was going for that day. The coverage was unbelievable and I received so many comments on how well it was done. She also did my hair and makeup and I could not be happier. I originally wanted to do my own makeup since I am rarely satisfied with the looks I have gotten in the past from other artists. Gretchen really listened to what I was looking for. She asked every step of the way what I like and how I wanted it and she made the alterations accordingly. Gretchen is one of those rare gems that should be doused with praise every single day for what she does. I feel completely privileged that I was able to have her there to prepare me for the most important day of my life thus far, and I could NOT have been more satisfied with her work. ~Michele Maestre

Sent on 03/13/2012

Sara · Married on 11/06/2011

I would HIGHLY recommend Gretchen Marie's services! She made me feel relaxed and asked all the right questions during our trial, she made sure to achive the look that I wanted. And when I was unsure, her professionalism was seen in her suggestions of looks and ideas! She was friendly and has a soft touch, nothing seemed rushed and my look wasn't cookie cutter. I feel she best suited my individual needs and her knowledge helped me look my best on my wedding day. Thanks again Gretchen! xoxo

Sent on 12/01/2011

Janel · Married on 10/28/2011

I was extremely pleased with the results of both my makeup trial and the day of the wedding. Gretchen listened to what I wanted and checked in multiple times throughout the trial to show me options of different looks. The end result was perfect. The makeup held up well for both the trial (which was for a friends bachelorette party) and the wedding. She was always easy to get in touch with and very pleasant to work with. She was organized taking notes of different color selections and palettes used for the trial for reference on the actual wedding day. She came to me by recommendation of my sister who's sister-in-law had used her as well.

Sent on 12/01/2011