M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Reviews

77 | Greenlawn, NY

77 Reviews for M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island

77 M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island Reviews

Jaclyn · Married on 09/02/2018

I had take the time to express how incredible Gretchen and her team is. One of my concerns on my wedding day was for everything to be done on time and to not be late to the venue (wedding was at 6:30pm so there was no reason for it). I've been a part of my fair share of weddings and have seen how disastrous it could be! (like 10 girls to one stylist YIKES!) Gretchen and her team were very patient and listened to every girl and worked in a professional but relaxed manner and finished all 8 of us within the time frame to the minute! There pricing was the best in all the research I had done plus included false lashes which all the girls loved! Our hair and makeup, especially mine, lasted all night and everyone could not stop talking about them! Thank you so much! I will be sure to recommend you to anyone and everyone!!

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 2

Brianna · Married on 09/01/2018

Gretchen and her team did hair and makeup for myself, my 10 bridesmaids and my mother and mother in law for my wedding 9/1/18. Every person LOVED how they looked and the team was so personable and professional. I was nervous about time with so many people, but the team worked so diligently that we even finished early!

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 3
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 4
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 5

Jocelyn · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Gretchen and her team was an absolute pleasure. Everyone who had their hair and makeup done, including myself was completely satisfied and looked absolutely beautiful! Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for experienced stylists to help them look amazing on their big day!

Kelly · Married on 04/06/2018

This team is great! The power went out on my wedding day and they still got the job done. My sister wanted her hair styled with no heat and they were able to do a beautiful style. They can handle anything and I had a large amount of services for that day. Below is what I wrote to Gretchen and her team who serviced my wedding April 6 2018:

I want to start of by saying thank you so much for everything you and your wonderful team did for my wedding. All the bridesmaids and family members that did their hair, makeup, or both stated that this was the BEST service they ever received and I agree. My bridesmaids had diverse hair types and each of you were able to style their hair exactly how they wanted. One feedback I was provided with is that the person showed a photo of only the front view of the hairstyle she wanted and you ladies were able to do the exact same style in the front with a beautiful style in the back that complimented the hairstyle. Makeup wise, we all used the airbrush makeup and it lasted through all the tears the day of. At the end of each service you each were open to feedback in asking whether or not they wanted any changes in their hair and/or makeup.
    In the hotel, the power went out! Any other bride would have went into complete panic mode when that happened, but I did not because I was confident in you and your team. Everyone on your team was so calm and composed while this was happening. If I recall correctly, the power was out for at least 30-40 minutes and your team still managed to get 14 hair services and 8 makeup services done before the time I requested. From the makeup trial to the wedding, there is no other team I wanted to be with on my wedding day. Thank you so much! I don't think there are enough words to explain my gratitude. I was so happy to be with such a professional and agile team that day and I would recommend you to any bride that asks me. Great service at such a great price as well. Hopefully work with you soon

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 6
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 11
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 12
  • Tatyana

Tatyana · Married on 12/30/2017

Gina, Raisa, Shani, Lucia, & Sheri were absolutely amazing on my wedding day! They even had to trek through the snow to get to my 12/30/17 wedding and they all made it on-time and without complaining. We had so much fun getting ready and just hanging out in the morning of the wedding. They finished all of us in a timely matter! We had 9 people and then myself(the Bride). Everyone was thrilled with how we looked. I cried a bunch of times and so did my whole family and bridal party and our make up stayed perfect! Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 13
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 14
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 15
    M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island 16

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island's reply:

To our lovely bride Tatyana! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful, heart-felt review. It is a beautiful reflection of our team and makes us so proud of them, and we are so grateful to have you as one of our brides. Beautiful wishes to you and your hubby! xoxo

Katharine · Married on 11/03/2017

Gretchen and her team did a fantastic job on hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party for my 11/3/17 wedding. I couldn’t have been happier with my hair style and makeup. So beautiful. Gretchen is a delight to work with. Highly recommend!

Alicia · Married on 10/14/2017

I used Gretchen and her team for my wedding on 10/14/17. My bridesmaids and I were absolutely thrilled with how we looked. Every member of Gretchen's team was on time and on schedule, and our morning was smooth and low-stress because of it, even with 10 bridesmaids! I cannot recommend Gretchen enough.

Sylvia · Married on 09/09/2017

Gretchen and her team worked on my 9/9/17 wedding. Her entire team was absolutely fantastic, kept everyone on schedule and all of my bridesmaids hair came out beautiful.
    Gretchen worked directly on my hair and makeup and from trial to day of, she was attentive, always answered all my questions in a timely manner and was a pleasure to work with. My hair and make up was flawless and it held up ALL night, through tons of dancing.
    I am so happy I chose Gretchen and her team (Laurissa and Shannon) for my wedding day!

Sent on 09/11/2017

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island's reply:

Hi Sylvia! Thank you for thinking of us so soon after your wedding! And of course....CONGRATULATIONS! We had a lot of fun working with everyone (on both sides) and BTW I saw Krista on the way out...O.M.G.!!! Her hair...was perfect! I called Shannon minutes after to tell her that I could not have done it better! Thank you both for having us all on the job, and we are so grateful to have had the experience of working with both of you (and your families) on such a special day. Keep in touch! xoxo Gretchen, Shannon, and Laurissa...your wedding hair and makeup team of Long Island!
  • Claudia

Claudia · Married on 09/03/2017

Gretchen and her team are amazing to work with!! I went for a make-up trial with Michelle and had a few changes to make before the big day - she nailed it and I was absolutely happy with my wedding look! Shannon did my hair right off the bat and it was gorgeous - thank you so much, you made my vision for my big day become reality!

Sent on 09/05/2017

M.A.L.I. By Gretchen Marie | Makeup And Hair | Long Island's reply:

Hey there Claudia! Thank you for leaving such a glowing review for Shannon and Michelle! They could not say enough about what a sweet bride you were and how happy and beautiful you looked! I'm so happy your look was everything you had hoped for. Thanks for having us be part of your very special day and we wish you a lifetime of happiness! xoxo Gretchen, Michelle, & Shannon Long Island Makeup and Hair for weddings at Love Crush Beauty

Venus · Married on 06/29/2017

Loved my wedding day look :) very timely and professional throughout the whole process! Thank you Gretchen for everything!

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2017

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Gretchen and her team. From the first time I contacted Gretchen regarding hair and make-up for my wedding she was so helpful and accommodating. She was extremely responsive to emails, calls and texts which made the planning process so much easier! After my hair and make-up came out beautiful at the trial I booked her on the spot. Not only is Gretchen extremely talented, but her calm and caring demeanor is exactly what you will want on the day of your wedding. Gretchen and her team traveled to provide services at the hotel near our wedding venue. Gretchen and the three other hair/make-up artists were extremely professional, friendly, accommodating and talented! They arrived on time and were extremely efficient in providing services for myself and 9 other ladies. All of my bridesmaids commented on how wonderful the team was and how impressed they were with the services they received. I highly recommend M.A.L.I. to anyone looking for the best!

Kristina · Married on 01/14/2017

First off- let me start by saying I am absolutely not a girly girl by any means. So make up and hair is totally not my thing. And every time I have gotten my make up (especially) done I absolutely hate it every single time I leave. 100% of the time when I get home I wash it off and put on my own. Which led me to strongly believe that for my wedding I was going to be doing my own. I went for a few trials with other make up artists before finding Gretchen as well. I even booked with one other one (NOT gretchen) because I really just thought that when you get your make up done you are just going to look like a cake face. It never sat well with me that I booked with that other lady so after a little back and forth I got my money back. I said to myself I am going to just do ONE more trial (after my now husband begged me not to do and just to do it myself). Well- I am so glad I did go for that last trial because this is when I found Gretchen. I learned that no you are actually not supposed to look like you have pounds of make up on and when you go to a women with some serious experience you leave looking the way you imagined you would. Gretchen and her whole time wow-ed one tough group of girls. I was nervous there was going to be complaining- but literally not one girl had a complaint and every one felt gorgeous which truly showed in the pictures. When you FEEL beautiful you look beautiful. Save the time shopping around and wasting money on trials- because I did- and just go to Gretchen. Her and her whole team, so professional, punctual, fun, talented and overall just great. As the bride I used Gretchen and I had numerous photo shoots with my photographer (engagement and boudoir, and obviously wedding) and each time I left I looked awesome. I really felt it too. My hair looked exactly the way I wanted it and I have some seriously difficult hair to work with. I am telling you- show this women a picture and when you leave you will look like the picture!

Jaime · Married on 11/12/2016

Gretchen was a delight to work with! She handle all of my requests with flexibility as things changed a few times in advance of my wedding and her colleague, Laurisa, did a wonderful job on my hair and make-up. She also was able to handle all of the individual style requests from my family and friends who also had their hair and make-up done. I highly recommend this team!

Daria · Married on 09/24/2016

Gretchen and her assistant did an awesome job with our hair and makeup. She was very organized and timely. She really did exactly what I had asked--and without any trial (as I did not have time!). I felt very beautiful on the day and she really did an incredible job and would book her again if I could or needed to!

Only nit picky thing was that we were ready VERY early (almost 1.5 hrs) due to scheduling--and it all felt a little bit rushed, just to wait around. I was in my dress and couldn't really leave the room without everyone seeing me--so I wish that it had not been so regimented, but it was better to be ready early than late! Perhaps if I had planned better to be getting ready in another room--I wouldn't have felt that way!

Jillian · Married on 03/12/2016

I used M.A.L.I. for my wedding make-up on March 12. Loved, loved, loved working with Gretchen!!!! I contacted her after reading rave reviews, and the reviews were right. She was such a delight!!! Sweet, professional, and talented. The trial went extremely well, and I knew I wanted to book her that day. My mother also had a trial and Gretchen did a wonderful job. The day of the wedding, she did my make-up, my mother's and my four bridesmaids. Everyone was extremely happy with the final product. She took the time to listen to what everyone wanted. My make-up was absolutely beautiful, and lasted the whole night. I highly recommend Gretchen and I am grateful that I chose her!!!!

Callie · Married on 08/29/2015

Gretchen and her team completely blew me away! They were amazing!!! Gretchen was extremely accommodating with catering to my requests and really made me feel so comfortable on my special day. My hair and makeup were PERFECT! It was exactly what I had always hoped and dreamed...thanks to Gretchen! I would recommend her and her team to any bride and her bridal party!

• Cherice

Cherice · Married on 06/27/2015

I booked Gretchen for my wedding and thank goodness I found her!!! I needed hair and makeup for not only myself but my entire bridal party which consisted of 8 girls. I had such a hard time finding an artist who could do African American hair so when Gretchen told me she wouldn't have a problem doing my hair I did not hesitate to book a trial with her. She did my hair and airbrush makeup in no time and for the first time I felt at peace regarding my wedding day beauty. I picked out a few different hairstyles on pintrest and we went through them to pick the perfect hairstyle to compliment my face as well as my dress. The morning of the wedding she showed up with her assistant and wasted no time! these ladies got down to business and before i knew it we were all dolled up and ready to go!! I didn't fell like my hair wouldn't last day or my makeup and I didn't feel like my makeup was caked on. It felt really light and natural. Her prices are really fair to the point that I was able to pay for all of my girls to have their makeup done as part of their bridesmaid gifts. Thank you Gretchen for being so responsive and professional and for making us all look our best on such an important day.

Carollin · Married on 04/04/2015

I highly recommend Gretchen Marie if you are looking for a hairstylist for your wedding. I had a trial prior to Gretchen and I was dissatisfied. After my trial with Gretchen, I was so satisfied with her work that I booked her for my wedding day immediately. Gretchen was able to replicate the look I had chosen brilliantly. My hair was picture perfect and stayed very well throughout the night and even to the next day. My hair was perfect for my big day and I felt beautiful.
    Gretchen is personable, punctual and professional with her work. Thank you so much for making me look like a princess on the day I imagined since a little girl. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend her!!!! You would be happy too!
    -Carollin
    April 4, 2015

I contacted Gretchen last minute, a month or so before my small wedding. I was able to do my trial with her extremely quick, and it was well worth it. On the day of my wedding, she did an even better job on both my hair and makeup. Thank you Gretchen for making my special day even more special!

Bernadette · Married on 10/12/2014

Gretchen and her team did the make up and hair for my daytime wedding at Giorgio's on 10/12/14 and they were AMAZING!!!! Gretchen is so sweet and a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful during the consultation and was able to give concrete advice as to what would look great based on the type of look I told her I wanted. I was worried about finding someone to do hair and make up because my wedding was so far out east and pretty early but Gretchen and her team came to my hotel and made everything work. She and her team showed up the morning of my wedding right on time (they were really troopers, it was 4:45am!) and kept the flow of work going steady. Throughout wedding planning I always worried that my hair and make up would run way over my time constraints since I had such a large bridal party but everything went perfect! It was by far the BEST make up and hair I have ever seen at a formal event, and I'm not just saying that because it was my wedding! Everyone looked beautiful and glamorous and the amount of application was perfect - no one looked plastic or overdone (which I have seen at some weddings). The team was really awesome with working with the colors people wanted as well as the type of look they wanted - some people wanted a more natural look and the team did great with this. My mom was worried about her hair because it's fairly short and the hair artist did a wonderful job, creating a really nice style that perfectly incorporated her hair accessory. Even my sister who NEVER wears make up couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror! I got so many compliments on my hair and make up the day of my wedding and everything looked amazing in my pictures. I am so happy and grateful to Gretchen and her team for helping my bridal party and I to look and feel gorgeous on my wedding day. If you are looking for a make up and hair team for your wedding look no further than MALI!

vanessa · Married on 10/05/2014

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and I had to have hair & makeup started at 5:30am, Gretchen had no problem coming at that time and she was so sweet & professional and did an amazing job with my hair & makeup! She made me look & feel beautiful! I received so many compliments from people at the wedding. I will definitely give gretchen a call for my next event I have to attend.

Eileen · Married on 09/14/2014

Gretchen and Shannon did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day, they superseded all expectations that I had and highly recommend them. They were super flexible and accommodating (they traveled to meet me at my hotel which was quiet a ways away) and extremely professional. My wedding party also had hair and makeup done which was equally amazing. If your truly want to look perfect on your wedding day you must call these ladies!

keri · Married on 09/13/2014

Gretchen and her team were awesome! I'm so happy I chose to work with her for my wedding. I booked her right after I finished the trial with her, and she was so helpful in working out a schedule for the day of the wedding to make sure we all stayed on time and were ready exactly when we needed to be. She was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions, and helped to make the day go really smoothly. I definitely recommend her!

Gretchen is amazing! I had lost my makeup artist just a month before my wedding and had done a few trials before finding Gretchen but after searching through wedding wire I was able to find MALI, and they did not disappoint. She had set me up with Sherri who was so awesome! She was so helpful and did such an amazing job on myself and all of my bridal party. They were so professional and wanted to help me as best as possible and made it so easy for me, I really didn't worry at any point that anything would go wrong. Sherri was very communicative she even helped me find great makeup for my skin type. If you decide to use this company look no further you are in great hands!