M. A. Carr Bridal Reviews

M. A. Carr Bridal 5
M. A. Carr Bridal 6
M. A. Carr Bridal 7

Emily · Getting married on 08/24/2019

I had the most wonderful experience shopping at M.A. Carr Bridal! I cannot recommend this bridal salon enough. This was my last of four appointments that day, and the 8th bridal store I visited overall. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we got there and feeling discouraged by the whole process. After so many appointments, I had a very good idea of what I wanted, but really wasn't looking forward to trying on any more dresses. I worked with Kathy who was absolutely wonderful from the beginning. When I explained to her that I had already been to many bridal salons, she asked to see any pictures I had of dresses I liked. Right off the bat, she was very patient and attentive as I showed her my two favorites dresses and explained to her what I liked and wasn't sure about with each one. It was such a relief to be listened to as I had been to a few appointments where you feel like the consultant isn't truly listening or already thinks they know what's best for you. Kathy asked a few additional questions to make sure she understood what I wanted and set out to pull some dresses for me from the back, and boy, did she find the most beautiful dresses! I was completely blown away by their selection! I tried on about 6 dresses, each was the silhouette and fabric I knew I wanted but with different necklines and details to make each unique. Kathy was very helpful during the actual on-and-off process. She allowed me to change in the room by myself which I prefer, but then would come in to zipper/button me up and add the clamps. As soon as I tried on the second to last dress of the day, even before Kathy added the clamps to it, I knew I had a different feeling in it than any other dress I had tried. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting to end up with, but I fell completely in love with it instantly. I walked into M.A. Carr Bridal feeling tired and defeated with the whole process, and walked out on cloud nine with a more beautiful dress than I could have imagined!

• Sára

Sára · Getting married on 03/23/2019

As a plus-size bride on a budget, I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find a dress that was affordable and that I loved. I figured that I would have to make a decision to either settle on a dress I could afford, but didn't love, or spend more on a dress I love and rearrange my budget. I found my perfect dress at M.A. Carr, and it was well-within what I could afford. Everything else I had tried on looked fine, but none of them were "the dress". When I tried on the dress I ultimately ended up purchasing, I cried. I didn't feel fat, I felt beautiful--something I didn't think was possible. My consultant was fantastic; she worked within my budget, and listened to what I liked and didn't like about specific dresses. The moment I put my dress on with a veil and other accessories, I knew that this was the dress I was going to get married in. I cannot recommend this bridal salon enough! I did not have to settle on a dress at all, or worry about how much I was spending. They truly made my dress dreams come true!

Sent on 06/14/2018

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you so very much, Sara, for this phenomenal review!!! We are thrilled that we were able to help you find "THE" dress!! We cannot wait to see pictures of how amazing you will look on your wedding day! Thank you for choosing to become an #MACarrBride!!! xo M. A.
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 10/20/2018

Found my perfect dress!

M. A. Carr helped me find the absolute perfect dress for my wedding. I fell in love with it when I put it on, and all throughout my wedding people were gushing over how completely perfect and “me” the dress was. Melissa helped me figure out the perfect fit and style for me within my budget, and brought my dream gown vision to life. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me find my perfect wedding dress.

M. A. Carr Bridal 8

Emily Kohler · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Dress

Kim was nothing but a pleasure to work with while finding my wedding dress! I am a bigger girl and was very worried about finding a wedding dress that I felt comfortable in. While I was working with Kim I never felt as though I was a “big girl” and she made the wedding dress experience just as wonderful as any other girl. When going into the appointment I didn’t give her much as far as what I wanted because I was honestly not sure. Each dress I tried on she took into account what I did and didn’t like and each dress got better and better until I found the one! She also was extremely patient with me and made several phone calls to the designer to ask about purchasing extra material to eventually add sleeves, raise the back of the dress, and add extra lace. Although I worked with Kim directly, the entire staff at M.A Carr was absolutely awesome! They create an extremely professional, friendly and fun environment while finding your wedding dress!

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2018

I LOVED my experience at MA Carr. I worked with Erin and she helped me find the dress of my dreams. She did so an amazing job. I gave her an idea of what I have like and had not like so far in previous boutiques and the first dress she pulled was my dress! It was perfection. Before MA Carr, I only found a dress or two that I was okay with. I wasn't in love. But Erin pulled me at least 3 or 4 dresses that I would have excited to get married in and would have picked above anything I had seen before. If you want sparkle on your dress, MA Carr has way more sparkle in their dresses than any of the other stores in WNY. I also loved that Erin helped adding sleeves to my dress. She was able to mix and match sleeves from another dress maker that completed the look I wanted. I just picked up my dress yesterday and I am so happy! I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my dress! I had the best experience at MA Carr and I highly recommend that every WNY bride checks them out before purchasing a dress anywhere else.

emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Great Selection & Wonderful Staff

All the staff was great. Karen had a great eye with not only selecting the dress that I ultimately said yes to, but to pick the dress for my maid of honor and bride's maid. They have a great selection! They honored the price range we gave them and none of the dresses that I narrowed it down to were at the upper end of the range. They had accommodations for out-of town bridal party members which was very helpful! They were great to work with and I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 12/29/2018
    M. A. Carr Bridal 9

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily!!!! I cherish happy brides and am thrilled that you loved your #MACarrBridalExperience!!! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review!!! xo M. A.

katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely loved working with these ladies! They made my wedding dress experience so pleasant. For being a girl who NEVER wears dresses and was dreading going dress shopping...I’ve never felt more beautiful because of them.

M. A. Carr Bridal 10
    M. A. Carr Bridal 11
    M. A. Carr Bridal 12
    M. A. Carr Bridal 13

A · Married on 01/04/2018

Great Shop they took wonderful care of us.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Thank you so much!!

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from M.A Carr! The experience going into the bridal salon is like no other. Every person is so nice there and very helpful. Our whole experience from shopping to ordering to fittings was easy!

Sent on 11/23/2017
    M. A. Carr Bridal 14

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Ashley! Thank you so, so much for this fabulous review!! Love the beautiful picture you shared!! Thank you for choosing to become an #MACarrBride!!

Jacqueline · Married on 10/13/2017

I chose to check out MA Carr to try and find a wedding dress. They were wonderfully helpful when it came to finding a wedding dress that suited my style. We ordered the dress, and then I kept on looking at their website eyeing a different dress. So I called and they obliged; I went in and tried on the wedding dress and fell in love with it. They were flexible about ordering and moving payments around. Even when their seamstress left unexpectedly months before my wedding they set me up with a new, highly recommended seamstress. Everything was wonderful and went smoothly!

Sent on 11/21/2017

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you, Jacqueline, for this amazing review!! We are so happy that you loved your experience and are thrilled that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!! Thank you again!!

Andrea · Married on 09/22/2017

I took my time to research and visit MANY bridal shops, and the experience at MA Carr was by far the best. I ended up getting my bridal gown, veil, hair accessories, and my bridesmaids' dresses here. They have such a great selection of dresses and designers, and the service is top notch! All of the girls there are very friendly and helpful. They offer a nice discount on bridesmaid dresses if you buy your bridal dress there, as well as offering vouchers/discounts on the accessories if you visit certain bridal shows or buy your dress during a trunk sale. I will, and already have, recommend them to any of my friends getting married!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    M. A. Carr Bridal 15
    M. A. Carr Bridal 16
    M. A. Carr Bridal 17

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Andrea!! Your review is amazing!!! Thank you so much!! We absolutely love the pictures you shared, and are truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!!

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

This was the first place that I tried on wedding gowns and boy was the staff helpful. The women that work there are helpful and know exactly what they are doing. The prices of the gowns are awesome as well. We also went there for the bridesmaids dresses!

Holly · Married on 09/08/2017

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!
    Our consultant, Melissa, asked all the right questions and listened carefully to my daughter's responses. She collected several options, staying within our budget. The first 3 dresses were beautiful, but not perfect. Mary Anne, the owner, was willing to suggest alterations to accommodate my daughter's preferences. When Melissa presented dress #4, we all knew it was "the one" - actual tears all around, and sincere happiness from the staff. Best feeling ever! And to find the perfect veil, as well, was wonderful. I can't speak highly enough how in tune Melissa was to our needs. It truly was the best mother-daughter experience of my life :)

• User7135799 · 1+ year ago

M.A. Carr is the best bouquet ever !!! They will make you feel like a queen while finding the dress of your dreams.

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

WOW!!! All I can say is I had the absolute best experience buying my dress here! I had gone in and looked through the rooms and thought I knew what I wanted and then I went in and realized I wanted something different. Erin knew the absolute perfect dress for me and I cried as soon as it went on. It was a bit hectic the day I went in and I ended up having my family sit in the front while I was in the back which made it feel like I was making a debut but also wasnt my favorite as I wished my family was there when I first walked out and saw the dress but when I walked out the look on their faces said it all. Erin knew the exact straps to bring out and add to what was a strapless dress but we added the straps to give it the perfect look. They were a completely different designer and matched better than anything I found from the Allure I had chosen. From that point Erin worked with me most of the way and Jill as well who was just as wonderful to work with. They saw me a lot through the process and I was always greeted with a warm welcome and had any of my questions answered. My girls also got their bridesmaids dresses here and received a discount because I had bought my dress. I received more compliments than I could tell you on how different my dress was and how incredibly beautiful it was and I am so thankful MA Carr was able to get me the dress of my dreams. I truly felt like the fairy tale bride I had always wanted.

M. A. Carr Bridal 18
    M. A. Carr Bridal 19

Jackie · Married on 07/30/2017

M.A. Carr exceeded all of my expectations. The staff is amazing! The ladies there are so helpful, friendly, and they truly care about helping you find that perfect dress! Their dress selection is quite large and includes every style you can think of. I wasn't exactly sure of the style of dress I wanted but, Kim, one of their stylists, really paid attention to what I liked and didn't like while trying on dresses. She was able to zero in on the style, detail, etc. of the dress I wanted and I ended up finding THE dress on my first visit! My entire experience with them is one I will definitely brag about to everyone.

Mandy · Married on 07/15/2017

I had a such a great experience today at M.A. Carr with my consultant Melissa. When there were some choices I liked but was unsure about she agreed to take one more look in the gallery to see if she could blow us away, and she did. She listened to exactly what I wanted, encouraged me to try things I was unsure about to help me uncover my style, and ultimately found for me my perfect dress. And I had the opportunity to try on so many beautiful gowns in one visit so I didn't have to overwhelm myself with multiple visits to multiple salons. A huge plus because of my indecisive nature. I am one step closer to saying "I do" and in part because of this experience even more excited.

• Terra

Terra · Married on 07/07/2017

M. A. Carr is the best boutique when it comes to trying on wedding dresses!! I really had no idea what kind of dress I wanted and after great recommendations from the staff, I found the dress of my dreams!! I will always remember the great experience I had with M. A. Carr; my consultant was so professional and listened to my every comment and question. Will be recommending to future brides for sure. :)

Sent on 08/26/2016

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you, thank you! Reading your review put the biggest smile on my face!! I very much appreciate your taking the time to write this 5-star review, and I am truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!!!! xo M. A.
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2017

I researched all the salons in Buffalo and this was my first choice. I made a few other appointments but canceled them after my first appointment at MA Carr. My stylist was super sweet, attentive and very helpful. I tried on a few dresses I didn't like so she brought different options next time. We went over our time a little and she didn't mind. I found my dress that day and came back a week later to put a deposit down. Even on my wedding day I was absolutely obsessed with my dress. I would recommend this place to any future brides a 100%!!

Sent on 06/13/2017

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you so very much, Chelsea!! I truly appreciate your taking the time to write this incredible review, and am honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!! I'm thrilled that your stylist helped you find the perfect dress for your special day! Thank you again!! xo M. A.

Brittany · Married on 04/29/2017

The employees were great here. I found my dress right away! They knew exactly what to grab when I described to them what I wanted!

Sent on 05/02/2017

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Brittany! Thank you so very much for this fabulous review!! I'm thrilled we helped you find the perfect dress! Thank you for choosing to be an #MACarrBride!!! xo M. A.

Alexandria · Married on 10/07/2016

M.A. Carr was absolutely wonderful to work with and helped me find the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 12/17/2015

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Alexandria!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this 5-star review!! Yay!! I am honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!! xo M. A.

Chevonne · Married on 10/07/2016

M. A. Carr is the best Bridal Salon in Buffalo! I had a terrible experience at a competing salon, and called M. A. Carr to see if they had any appointments that same day. They let me do a walk in appointment and I had the most attentive and friendly person helping me, even with the salon being extremely busy and me being a walk in. She asked me about my wedding, what I had in mind and made recommendations based on my price point and style. Within half an hour she had brought me the perfect dress! I was able to say "yes" to a dress on my first visit. I had been to a couple other salons, and no one had the service that M. A. Carr offers. Even on my follow up visits, I have been treated so well, and each time I feel welcomed and special. They have been my favorite vendor to work with so far!

M.A. Carr was perfect for everything related to my wedding dress. I went in not thinking I was even going to purchase a wedding dress at all (I was going to restore my mom's), and walked out with the dress of my dreams. I never realized how happy the perfect dress could make you feel. They stayed within my budget and really understood my personality, style, and vision for the wedding, and helped me find a few great options. I absolutely loved my dress. The alterations were perfect, and it was the only strapless dress that I've ever had that stayed up with absolutely no movement.

My mom also found the perfect mother of the bride dress at M.A. Carr last minute at my fitting - she had one picked out, but there was a sale and the most gorgeous perfect dress for her was on mega sale and it worked out perfectly!

Sent on 01/11/2017

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Yaaaaayyy! I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience with us!! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to write this amazing review, and I am truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride, and your mom chose to become an #MACarrMom!!! Thank you!!! xo M. A.

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

Everyone at M.A. Carr were so wonderful to work with! I went in with a list of style #'s as well as max budget. They pulled numerous dresses from my list, and started trying on right away. They were all very polite to me and my bridal party who went with me. They were awesome to work with, in and out and back into dresses and they were so nice about it(I went back and forth between a couple a few times HA) I picked out a dress that needed to be custom made for my height and they were so great with my appointments for measurements along with every time I called to check the status(I tried my best to keep these calls to a minimum!). My dress came in with no flaws which kept my alterations to a minimum as it was already made for my height. I had fun and a huge smile on my face every visit with them and would ABSOLUTELY recommend them!

Sent on 10/25/2016

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Jessica!! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to read this!! It truly warmed my heart to read how happy you were, and I am so honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!!! Thank you, thank you!!! xo M. A.