M. A. Carr Bridal Reviews

M. A. Carr Bridal 6
M. A. Carr Bridal 7
  • maggie

maggie · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Amazing customer service and dress selection

MA Carr was amazing to me. The first time I went in was my first time trying on dresses and I went with my brother and mom and they were so nice and sweet and accommodating. The second time I came in was six months later and Karen worked with me, my sister, and my best friend. They had all of my information and, while they didn't have the dress I was looking at last time, they brought out other dresses that were similar. This was how I found my perfect dress! They were so nice and helpful. I had another dress appointment afterwards and asked if I could come back later if I still wanted that dress and they said no problem. We did end up coming back later and they stayed open a little later for us. They were so helpful, from start to end. I would definitely recommend

Sent on 08/16/2019

Emily · Getting married on 08/24/2019

I had the most wonderful experience shopping at M.A. Carr Bridal! I cannot recommend this bridal salon enough. This was my last of four appointments that day, and the 8th bridal store I visited overall. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time we got there and feeling discouraged by the whole process. After so many appointments, I had a very good idea of what I wanted, but really wasn't looking forward to trying on any more dresses. I worked with Kathy who was absolutely wonderful from the beginning. When I explained to her that I had already been to many bridal salons, she asked to see any pictures I had of dresses I liked. Right off the bat, she was very patient and attentive as I showed her my two favorites dresses and explained to her what I liked and wasn't sure about with each one. It was such a relief to be listened to as I had been to a few appointments where you feel like the consultant isn't truly listening or already thinks they know what's best for you. Kathy asked a few additional questions to make sure she understood what I wanted and set out to pull some dresses for me from the back, and boy, did she find the most beautiful dresses! I was completely blown away by their selection! I tried on about 6 dresses, each was the silhouette and fabric I knew I wanted but with different necklines and details to make each unique. Kathy was very helpful during the actual on-and-off process. She allowed me to change in the room by myself which I prefer, but then would come in to zipper/button me up and add the clamps. As soon as I tried on the second to last dress of the day, even before Kathy added the clamps to it, I knew I had a different feeling in it than any other dress I had tried. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting to end up with, but I fell completely in love with it instantly. I walked into M.A. Carr Bridal feeling tired and defeated with the whole process, and walked out on cloud nine with a more beautiful dress than I could have imagined!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jillian Groundwater · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing experience! Great selection and fantastic staff!

I went for an appointment at a different bridal salon and did not purchase a gown but planned to go back for a second appointment to make a decision. In the mean time I went for an appointment at MA Carr and the experience was a million times better! I am SO happy I went there and found my dress. The stylist ended up suggesting a gown I would have never thought to try on and I ended up loving it! Everyone was amazing!

Sent on 02/06/2019

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you so, so much, Jillian!! I am beyond thrilled that you loved your M. A. Carr Bridal experience!! This review is absolutely amazing, and I truly appreciate your taking the time to write it!!! Thank you again!!! xo M. A.

Paige · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Dress and Friendly Staff

I got my dress from M.A. Carr and it was absolutely beautiful. It made me feel like a true bride. When I received my dress it was very big on me. I had lost some weight before my dress arrived and I was very nervous about it fitting. The owner of the shop spoke with my mother and I and helped to calm our nerves and recommended the perfect tailor. I could not be more happy about how the dress turned out. My bridesmaids also got their dresses from this shop and they always kept open communication. The only complaint I have is that my junior bridesmaids got measured at the shop and her dresses ended up being huge on her! I am not sure what happened but otherwise the service and the dress selection was amazing!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Marney

Marney · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent experience

Erin and everyone at MA Carr were extremely kind and professional. Erin did an amazing job helping me find the perfect dress (I had a very specific vision in mind) and was even able to order a sample of my dress in a different color so I could make the right decision. I was so incredibly happy with my dress; it was perfect the day of my wedding!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Sára

Sára · Married on 03/23/2019

As a plus-size bride on a budget, I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find a dress that was affordable and that I loved. I figured that I would have to make a decision to either settle on a dress I could afford, but didn't love, or spend more on a dress I love and rearrange my budget. I found my perfect dress at M.A. Carr, and it was well-within what I could afford. Everything else I had tried on looked fine, but none of them were "the dress". When I tried on the dress I ultimately ended up purchasing, I cried. I didn't feel fat, I felt beautiful--something I didn't think was possible. My consultant was fantastic; she worked within my budget, and listened to what I liked and didn't like about specific dresses. The moment I put my dress on with a veil and other accessories, I knew that this was the dress I was going to get married in. I cannot recommend this bridal salon enough! I did not have to settle on a dress at all, or worry about how much I was spending. They truly made my dress dreams come true!

Sent on 06/14/2018

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you so very much, Sara, for this phenomenal review!!! We are thrilled that we were able to help you find "THE" dress!! We cannot wait to see pictures of how amazing you will look on your wedding day! Thank you for choosing to become an #MACarrBride!!! xo M. A.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/16/2019

The dress says it all!

I saw my dress on display and knew it was the one for me. Erin and the whole crew was such a pleasure to work with. They were so much fun too! We ended up getting my daughters dress there too for flower girl!

Sent on 03/17/2019
    M. A. Carr Bridal 8
    M. A. Carr Bridal 9
    M. A. Carr Bridal 10
  • Aly

Aly · Married on 12/08/2018

bridemaid dresses gorgeous

I had gone into MA Carr to look for bridesmaids dresses after seeing one they had displayed at a bridal show that I really liked. I ended up not liking that particular dress but picked out another one that I absolutely loved! Everyone there was so kind and helpful and gave me great service even though I did not get my wedding dress from them. The bridesmaid dresses were priced reasonably and came in within 5 months. One of my bridesmaids did not live locally and she was able to order her dress remotely which was great!! My mother and MIL also went there to look at dresses and did not find exactly what they wanted but also had nothing but great things to say about the salon. Their consultant had even sent them thank you cards in the mail and told them if there was anything they could help them out with to let them know. That was an extremely personal touch that was so nice in my opinion. Makes you feel like you were not just a number. I would definitely recommend MA Carr for any formal event.

Sent on 02/17/2019
    M. A. Carr Bridal 11
    M. A. Carr Bridal 12
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 10/20/2018

Found my perfect dress!

M. A. Carr helped me find the absolute perfect dress for my wedding. I fell in love with it when I put it on, and all throughout my wedding people were gushing over how completely perfect and “me” the dress was. Melissa helped me figure out the perfect fit and style for me within my budget, and brought my dream gown vision to life. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me find my perfect wedding dress.

Sent on 10/22/2018
    M. A. Carr Bridal 13

Emily Kohler · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Dress

Kim was nothing but a pleasure to work with while finding my wedding dress! I am a bigger girl and was very worried about finding a wedding dress that I felt comfortable in. While I was working with Kim I never felt as though I was a “big girl” and she made the wedding dress experience just as wonderful as any other girl. When going into the appointment I didn’t give her much as far as what I wanted because I was honestly not sure. Each dress I tried on she took into account what I did and didn’t like and each dress got better and better until I found the one! She also was extremely patient with me and made several phone calls to the designer to ask about purchasing extra material to eventually add sleeves, raise the back of the dress, and add extra lace. Although I worked with Kim directly, the entire staff at M.A Carr was absolutely awesome! They create an extremely professional, friendly and fun environment while finding your wedding dress!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2018

I LOVED my experience at MA Carr. I worked with Erin and she helped me find the dress of my dreams. She did so an amazing job. I gave her an idea of what I have like and had not like so far in previous boutiques and the first dress she pulled was my dress! It was perfection. Before MA Carr, I only found a dress or two that I was okay with. I wasn't in love. But Erin pulled me at least 3 or 4 dresses that I would have excited to get married in and would have picked above anything I had seen before. If you want sparkle on your dress, MA Carr has way more sparkle in their dresses than any of the other stores in WNY. I also loved that Erin helped adding sleeves to my dress. She was able to mix and match sleeves from another dress maker that completed the look I wanted. I just picked up my dress yesterday and I am so happy! I can't wait to walk down the aisle in my dress! I had the best experience at MA Carr and I highly recommend that every WNY bride checks them out before purchasing a dress anywhere else.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

From the moment I called I received the best of service. Everyone was so nice and accommodating and were very helpful! They answered all of my questions and were so patient during my appointment. When I came back with my bridesmaids they easily were able to get us in and helped all of us as well. I got my dress and 7 bridesmaid dresses, all of which came on time and were stunning. The best in Buffalo!

Sent on 10/08/2018

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so, so much for this absolutely amazing review!! I am beyond thrilled that you were so happy with your experience with us, and am truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!! Thank you again and best wishes!!! xo M. A.

emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Great Selection & Wonderful Staff

All the staff was great. Karen had a great eye with not only selecting the dress that I ultimately said yes to, but to pick the dress for my maid of honor and bride's maid. They have a great selection! They honored the price range we gave them and none of the dresses that I narrowed it down to were at the upper end of the range. They had accommodations for out-of town bridal party members which was very helpful! They were great to work with and I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 12/29/2018
    M. A. Carr Bridal 14

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily!!!! I cherish happy brides and am thrilled that you loved your #MACarrBridalExperience!!! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review!!! xo M. A.

katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely loved working with these ladies! They made my wedding dress experience so pleasant. For being a girl who NEVER wears dresses and was dreading going dress shopping...I’ve never felt more beautiful because of them.

Sent on 09/15/2018
    M. A. Carr Bridal 15
    M. A. Carr Bridal 16
    M. A. Carr Bridal 17
    M. A. Carr Bridal 18

A · Married on 01/04/2018

Great Shop they took wonderful care of us.

Sent on 03/24/2018

Thank you so much!!

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses from M.A Carr! The experience going into the bridal salon is like no other. Every person is so nice there and very helpful. Our whole experience from shopping to ordering to fittings was easy!

Sent on 11/23/2017
    M. A. Carr Bridal 19

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Ashley! Thank you so, so much for this fabulous review!! Love the beautiful picture you shared!! Thank you for choosing to become an #MACarrBride!!

Jacqueline · Married on 10/13/2017

I chose to check out MA Carr to try and find a wedding dress. They were wonderfully helpful when it came to finding a wedding dress that suited my style. We ordered the dress, and then I kept on looking at their website eyeing a different dress. So I called and they obliged; I went in and tried on the wedding dress and fell in love with it. They were flexible about ordering and moving payments around. Even when their seamstress left unexpectedly months before my wedding they set me up with a new, highly recommended seamstress. Everything was wonderful and went smoothly!

Sent on 11/21/2017

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you, Jacqueline, for this amazing review!! We are so happy that you loved your experience and are thrilled that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!! Thank you again!!

Andrea · Married on 09/22/2017

I took my time to research and visit MANY bridal shops, and the experience at MA Carr was by far the best. I ended up getting my bridal gown, veil, hair accessories, and my bridesmaids' dresses here. They have such a great selection of dresses and designers, and the service is top notch! All of the girls there are very friendly and helpful. They offer a nice discount on bridesmaid dresses if you buy your bridal dress there, as well as offering vouchers/discounts on the accessories if you visit certain bridal shows or buy your dress during a trunk sale. I will, and already have, recommend them to any of my friends getting married!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    M. A. Carr Bridal 20
    M. A. Carr Bridal 21
    M. A. Carr Bridal 22

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Hi Andrea!! Your review is amazing!!! Thank you so much!! We absolutely love the pictures you shared, and are truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!!

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

This was the first place that I tried on wedding gowns and boy was the staff helpful. The women that work there are helpful and know exactly what they are doing. The prices of the gowns are awesome as well. We also went there for the bridesmaids dresses!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Holly · Married on 09/08/2017

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!
    Our consultant, Melissa, asked all the right questions and listened carefully to my daughter's responses. She collected several options, staying within our budget. The first 3 dresses were beautiful, but not perfect. Mary Anne, the owner, was willing to suggest alterations to accommodate my daughter's preferences. When Melissa presented dress #4, we all knew it was "the one" - actual tears all around, and sincere happiness from the staff. Best feeling ever! And to find the perfect veil, as well, was wonderful. I can't speak highly enough how in tune Melissa was to our needs. It truly was the best mother-daughter experience of my life :)

Sent on 02/22/2017
  • User7135799 · 1+ year ago

M.A. Carr is the best bouquet ever !!! They will make you feel like a queen while finding the dress of your dreams.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

WOW!!! All I can say is I had the absolute best experience buying my dress here! I had gone in and looked through the rooms and thought I knew what I wanted and then I went in and realized I wanted something different. Erin knew the absolute perfect dress for me and I cried as soon as it went on. It was a bit hectic the day I went in and I ended up having my family sit in the front while I was in the back which made it feel like I was making a debut but also wasnt my favorite as I wished my family was there when I first walked out and saw the dress but when I walked out the look on their faces said it all. Erin knew the exact straps to bring out and add to what was a strapless dress but we added the straps to give it the perfect look. They were a completely different designer and matched better than anything I found from the Allure I had chosen. From that point Erin worked with me most of the way and Jill as well who was just as wonderful to work with. They saw me a lot through the process and I was always greeted with a warm welcome and had any of my questions answered. My girls also got their bridesmaids dresses here and received a discount because I had bought my dress. I received more compliments than I could tell you on how different my dress was and how incredibly beautiful it was and I am so thankful MA Carr was able to get me the dress of my dreams. I truly felt like the fairy tale bride I had always wanted.

Sent on 12/03/2017
    M. A. Carr Bridal 23
    M. A. Carr Bridal 24

Jackie · Married on 07/30/2017

M.A. Carr exceeded all of my expectations. The staff is amazing! The ladies there are so helpful, friendly, and they truly care about helping you find that perfect dress! Their dress selection is quite large and includes every style you can think of. I wasn't exactly sure of the style of dress I wanted but, Kim, one of their stylists, really paid attention to what I liked and didn't like while trying on dresses. She was able to zero in on the style, detail, etc. of the dress I wanted and I ended up finding THE dress on my first visit! My entire experience with them is one I will definitely brag about to everyone.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Mandy · Married on 07/15/2017

I had a such a great experience today at M.A. Carr with my consultant Melissa. When there were some choices I liked but was unsure about she agreed to take one more look in the gallery to see if she could blow us away, and she did. She listened to exactly what I wanted, encouraged me to try things I was unsure about to help me uncover my style, and ultimately found for me my perfect dress. And I had the opportunity to try on so many beautiful gowns in one visit so I didn't have to overwhelm myself with multiple visits to multiple salons. A huge plus because of my indecisive nature. I am one step closer to saying "I do" and in part because of this experience even more excited.

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • Terra

Terra · Married on 07/07/2017

M. A. Carr is the best boutique when it comes to trying on wedding dresses!! I really had no idea what kind of dress I wanted and after great recommendations from the staff, I found the dress of my dreams!! I will always remember the great experience I had with M. A. Carr; my consultant was so professional and listened to my every comment and question. Will be recommending to future brides for sure. :)

Sent on 08/26/2016

M. A. Carr Bridal's reply:

Thank you, thank you! Reading your review put the biggest smile on my face!! I very much appreciate your taking the time to write this 5-star review, and I am truly honored that you chose to become an #MACarrBride!!!! xo M. A.