Lydia Jane Photography Reviews

Lydia Jane Photography 5
Lydia Jane Photography 6
Lydia Jane Photography 7

Bailey · Getting married on 12/21/2020

I loved working with Lydia for lifestyle photos for my business. She was very kind + funny and I felt comfortable with her right away, which meant the photos turned out beautifully + were very natural. The pictures are truly gorgeous + I'm so excited to share them! Thank you, Lydia!

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • Abby

Abby Anfinson · Married on 07/20/2019

I didn't want our session to end!

Lydia creatively directed and lead us through our entire engagement session - it felt very natural and fun! The photos were exactly what I wanted and she delivered them quickly. I would recommend any couple that's unsure about being in front of the camera to hire Lydia!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Lydia Jane Photography 8
    Lydia Jane Photography 9

Katherine Warde · Married on 07/07/2019

New Baby Photos

We have had Lydia photograph both our boys in the hospital when they were less than 24 hours old. She also photographed our eldest’s first birthday as well as family photos at the business I owned. She was incredibly flexible (especially in terms of the birth photos, since we couldn’t know exactly when they would be born). She got photos to us quickly, and we have loved them all. These are really special photos to have and I treasure them.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Lydia was a joy to work with, we could not have asked for a better experience with our recent engagement photos! From the start, Lydia was very responsive. She was super accommodating with regards to the locations we wanted to shoot at, and she even scoped out some other areas that led to fantastic photos! I cannot say enough positive things about Lydia Jane Photography! Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Rosalie

Rosalie · Married on 03/02/2019

Start to Finish Impeccable

Lydia is SO easy to be around while also being extremely organized and pays close attention to detail. What else could you want from a photographer? Her talent is undeniable and her works truly speaks for itself. She is kind, reliable and attentive. She is also a darn trooper. It was 19° and windy on our wedding day and she embraced the heck out of it. Everyone called me crazy for wanting a winter wedding (and actually going through with it) since I was a little girl, but not Lydia. I think the woman actually enjoys a challenge! People that are really good at what they do usually do I think. She made us feel comfortable while also giving helpful guidance through out the day. We live out of state and she was extremely accommodating to the little time when had when we were in town. From the very first meeting with Lydia to receiving our photo package after the wedding in the mail, there is not one negative word or thought we could have about Lydia. We love our photos and so do all our friends and family, we love our memories and we love her.

Sent on 04/12/2019
    Lydia Jane Photography 10
    Lydia Jane Photography 11
    Lydia Jane Photography 12
    Lydia Jane Photography 13
    Lydia Jane Photography 14

Molly Brown · Married on 01/26/2019

Could not be happier!

The photographer was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, and I could not be happier that we used Lydia. She covered all of the necessary bases and was a dream to work with. Our photographs are gorgeous. If you want memorable and beautiful candids, then Lydia is your girl! I cannot say enough positive things.

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Lydia Jane Photography 15
    Lydia Jane Photography 16
    Lydia Jane Photography 17
    Lydia Jane Photography 18
    Lydia Jane Photography 19

Kyra · Married on 10/20/2018

Lydia is the best!

Lydia's communication and organization (pre-wedding) led up to an amazing wedding experience and photos to prove. She is so talented and can capture that perfect look! We had many friends and family complement our photographer choice, and I feel like we certainly invested in the right one :)

Sent on 12/02/2018

Jill · Married on 10/12/2018

The absolute best!

I can’t begin to say how thankful I am that we found and chose Lydia! Her beautiful work speaks for itself, but her caring personality and the way she connects with clients and guests is truly special. From the second we met her, I knew we would be in good hands and that we wouldn’t have to worry about any detail during our big day. And we were right. As someone that does events for a living, I wanted someone who was also very detail oriented and just handled things. She far exceeded my expectations, and I feel like I found a friend in the process. Even my bridal party mentioned how much they enjoyed her company, and how she effortlessly fit into our day. I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Meng · Married on 09/09/2018

Look no further than Lydia Jane for your photography needs!! She did an amazing job for our wedding photos and went above and beyond our expectations. She was so easy to work with since the very beginning. She was also flexible and geniuenely up for a mini photoshoot of me and my cats on my wedding day! :) She perfectly captured the vibe that we were hoping for and photographed all of the best moments of the wedding. We are easily in tears every time we look at some of the photos. We also had Stefan, Lydia’s husband, videograph portions of our wedding and he created a beautiful, slow motion video that was also just perfect. We believe candid photos of a wedding are always the best ones. You will get your 100% perfect family photos with Lydia. At the same time, her work on capturing the emotions of the day is really going to touch the bottom of your heart! Lydia Jane is the best!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Lydia was an incredible photographer and we couldn't be happier to have had her photograph our wedding. She has years of experience and it showed in her professionalism, insight, and how awesome our photos turned out! We also knew that we would be spending more time with our photographer on our wedding day than with many of our guests, so we wanted to make sure our photographer was someone we meshed well with - Lydia was SO much fun and sweet, and we gained a new friend out of it! Also, even before our wedding photos, my now-hubby and Lydia secretly coordinated her flying out to Los Angeles to photograph his proposal. It is priceless to have that memory captured and those photos turned out absolutely beautiful as well!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa Evans · Married on 08/12/2018

Family photo shoot- awesome photos including kids

Lydia took our extended family photos during our final goodbye to our childhood home. She was awesome with all the kids and found some great angles to capture both the surroundings and us as a family. She was friendly, easy to work with, and didn’t rush us while still getting in all the shots we wanted with time to spare. Would definitely recommend her presence and talent at any special event.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Emma · Married on 06/23/2018

We had the most amazing experience working with Lydia! She was our most proactive vendor partner, reaching out ahead of time to make sure that she delivered on all our expectations and more. She took the time to understand our vision for the day and completely nailed it! She shared in our excitement and helped make sure we weren't missing any details. Throughout the day she made all her subjects very comfortable and we ended up with beautiful posed and candid photos of all our loved ones thanks to her! We wouldn't change a thing about working with her!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Brit · Married on 06/15/2018

Such a talented and kind photographer

Lydia was AMAZING to work with. We booked her for engagement and wedding photos, and she took some of the most beautiful pictures I’ve ever seen. She has an really creative vision and is great at finding spots to shoot that make the venue look even better than in real life. The best part is that she brings incredible energy to her work—-we have a toddler she would do all these funny things to make him smile. On the big day she showed up and worked diligently in the sweltering heat. A great person and a wonderful photographer! Would absolutely hire again.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Linda · Married on 12/15/2017

Lydia Jane was amazing for my fiancé and I! I actually had been following her on Instagram and she was doing a brief stint in my neck of the woods, so we jumped on the chance to hire her. She was totally professional, incredibly responsive by email and text, and also very flexible. We had to change our shoot location at the last minute from the Lincoln Memorial to the National Cathedral due to my fiancé being really under the weather the day of. Not only was Lydia fine with this, but she also knew this spot really well and produced the loveliest pics for us:) In the end, I was glad we had to change locations! Lydia is extremely personable (and I see this as part of what you pay for in a photographer) and really good at directing poses for couples like us who are not picture takers by any means. She made us feel sooo comfortable so quickly and made this so much fun:) I already told her we want to hire her again. If you go with her for your photographic needs, you will be well taken care of and your friends and family will gush over your photos!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/02/2017

Lydia took new head shots for me and the experience was wonderful! She was very down to earth, flexible and accommodating to all of my requests for different backgrounds. She made me feel very comfortable which helped me relax and end up with photos that I LOVE! She really captured my personality. She is not just a photographer, she quickly feels like a friend!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Heather · Married on 09/10/2017

Lydia is so wonderful to work with! We’ve done our family pictures with her multiple times and are always pleased with the results. She finds the best locations around the city and works incredibly well with our kids. We’ll be back for more!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    Lydia Jane Photography 20

Christine · Married on 08/01/2017

A few years ago, while browsing one of my favorite blogs, I came across a wedding photo shoot that was unlike anything I'd ever seen. I instantly fell in love with the photos - the lighting, the natural edits, the way the candid shots told a story. I looked at the credentials, saw Lydia's name, and bookmarked the site - knowing that when the time came, Lydia would be my wedding photographer.

Lydia was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. I was a bit nervous hiring someone so far away (our wedding was in New York) but the distance didn't phase her in the slightest. She was so professional, so friendly, so go with the flow. She embraced my friends and family like her own and was eager to help out in any way she could. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of her lens, and the results are absolutely gorgeous. We love every single shot.

At the end of the weekend, I didn't say goodbye to my photographer - I said "See you later!" to my friend. Thank you, Lydia, for everything!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Angie · Married on 07/10/2017

My (now) husband and I found Lydia in a roundabout way, partially through instagram (long story). He has a background in photography, and I have a background in design.. which made it very difficult to find any photographers who we liked and seemed high enough quality. We were willing to spend a good portion of the wedding budget on photographs (they are the one of the few things from the wedding day that lasts way beyond those short 24hrs!). We found a few we liked, but were double our budget or more. Finally we found Lydia, who we both liked, and the price was really reasonable. We live in Brooklyn, but were having the wedding in Mpls, so we Facetimed with her and liked her even more. She's knowledgeable, easy-going, not easily phased by small mishaps, and treats you like a close friend instantly.

Pre-wedding, she was exceptionally organized & professional. She was interested and engaged in all the details, and encouraging and responsive in all her emails. It was great to know that I didn't really have to think about the photography - she obviously had it all under control. She even made time to grab coffee and meet in person when I was back in Mpls super briefly over Christmas.

The day of the wedding was a big beautiful blur, but Lydia captured it SO WELL. We loved the small moments she captured, the way she finds great light and can make due even when it's 95 degrees outside and there are gigantic wind gusts - you would never know it by the pictures. She's a whiz with hard-to-get-smiling flower girls, sand seamlessly blended into my family and friends. We had a really tight schedule for photographs, and she didn't seam phased by it. We love the way she captured the day. Now I just wish I lived closer so I could just get coffee and chat more often. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/08/2017

I really appreciated how Lydia was able to manage our large wedding party and family photos. She sends you a photo data sheet that is really helpful for thinking photos through and organizing your people. The photos are amazing beautiful. Lydia is professional, dresses well, and is easy to work with and be around on your wedding day. Hiring her, you have nothing to worry about with the photos.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

Could not have asked for a better photographer! She will make you feel comfortable and has an insane attention to detail. She could be charging MUCH more for her work because the quality is that amazing.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Madison · Married on 05/20/2017

Being a photographer myself, I was super picky about who I choose to by my wedding photographer. After looking through countless websites, I care across Lydia’s. I could tell immediately that she had a true eye for photography. Her photos capture the light and the beauty of every scene perfectly. She was extremely easy to work with and totally put me and my husband at ease. When we received our photos back, we were overwhelmed with joy. We were both smiling ear to ear looking through all the memories and reliving the day. She 100% captured every beautiful moment and gave us these amazing photos that are more precious than you could ever ask for. I couldn’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Lydia Jane Photography 21
    Lydia Jane Photography 22
    Lydia Jane Photography 23
    Lydia Jane Photography 24

Aly · Married on 05/13/2017

Lydia was an absolute joy to work with! From our initial conversations via email to the day of the wedding Lydia was always available to answer any questions and put my mind at ease. Lydia captured our day better than I could have dreamed! Looking at the pictures my husband and I both said so many times, "That's such a you face!" or just gushing, "That's exactly how I remembered it!". We got our pictures SO fast (within 2 weeks!) and honestly they were more beautiful than I could have dreamed. Couldn't have asked for a better experience with a photographer. Lydia you were amazing!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Katie · Married on 03/24/2017

I heard about Lydia through a friend who had their engagement session done with Lydia up at Gooseberry Falls and loved her. We wanted our wedding photos to be up north too so we met her at Tettegouche State Park and she took the most amazing photos of us. She captured the day so perfectly and she was so fun to hang out with. HIGHLY recommend Lydia for any and all photo shoots!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Anna · Married on 01/20/2017

I'd been following Lydia for years and could not think of anyone better to shoot my wedding! Lydia is very well organized, creative, and professional. She knew how to handle both sides of our crazy big families who would not listen at times very well. Glad we have the memories and the great experience!

Sent on 10/09/2017