Lydia Jane Photography Reviews

75 | Seattle, WA

75 Reviews for Lydia Jane Photography

Molly Purnell · Getting married on 05/05/2023

10/10 would recommend!

We had an awesome experience with Lydia during our engagement photo shoot at Rosario Beach near Deception Pass. Even though it was about two hours south of Vancouver, Lydia graciously made the drive and made the shoot exactly what we were looking for. She got there early to scope out the best places to take pictures and it definitely helped the shoot itself flow smoothly. One of Lydia’s goals was to make the pictures look and feel natural and she definitely succeeded in doing that. We were very pleased with the final product!

Sent on 04/18/2020
  • Anna

Anna Campbell · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Great photos, great photographer!

We are so glad we hired Lydia for our wedding! We've enjoyed looking back on the pictures so much. Even though we met Lydia in person for the first time at the wedding, she put us at ease right away and we had a great time taking photos! She captured some wonderful candid moments and was both thorough and thoughtful in how she approached the day.

Lydia was accommodating, communicative, and flexible as we navigated getting married during COVID-19. On top of all the normal wedding logistics and check-ins, she asked questions to confirm that she was compliant with any legal health and safety guidelines that were in place in addition to those of the venue or by our request.

We're super appreciative of Lydia's cheerful spirit and people skills. She added nothing but joy (and great photos) to an already happy day!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Madeline

Madeline Delmas · Getting married on 07/12/2021

All Around Amazing Experience!

We hired Lydia for our engagement photos and elopement photos and it was the best decision we could have made! The effort she put into scoping out the best location for both events was incredible and it made all the difference. She was flexible, supportive and kind throughout the whole process. She is a lovely person to be around and is amazing at her job. She quickly makes what can feel awkward at first, a super fun experience, and then provides great results! We are obsessed with SO many of our photos, I would highly recommend anyone to hire Lydia.

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica Aschman · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Incredible Photographer for ANY Occasion

Let's put it this way...I studied photography in college with Lydia, have taught photography for many years, know many practicing artists, and STILL wanted her to photograph my wedding. This girl is the bee's knees and she has my highest recommendation.
    My husband and I hired Lydia to photograph our wedding on September 28, 2019. She was kind, funny, patient, and helpful from start to finish. In the months leading up to our event, she was very responsive to our questions and concerns and even video chatted with us several times. She puts a tremendous amount of thought and organization toward her work and wants to make sure your vision becomes a reality. Lydia's attention to detail and ability to capture candid moments are just some of the things we appreciate most about her. One example that sticks out in my mind goes back to when she was photographing all of the girls as we were getting ready. Our florist delivered the bouquets to us, and before photographing, she made sure that the water levels in each vase were all even. She worked with an assistant photographer, who was skilled and very pleasant with our family and friends. Lydia effortlessly arranged our huge wedding party, and accommodated last minute (unplanned) photo requests from my mother, among other things. She was flexible, understanding, and went with the flow the entire time.
    If you're wondering if she's worth the money, the answer is YES. YES. YES. Her work speaks for itself. She captured all the moments we felt were special, and went above and beyond our expectations. We received such a large number of photographs from our wedding, and she documented the event in a thorough, beautiful way.

Lydia is an incredible artist and it was an honor to have her as our photographer. Like I said earlier, I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Bailey · Married on 12/21/2020

I loved working with Lydia for lifestyle photos for my business. She was very kind + funny and I felt comfortable with her right away, which meant the photos turned out beautifully + were very natural. The pictures are truly gorgeous + I'm so excited to share them! Thank you, Lydia!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Amy Gosewisch · Married on 10/24/2020

AMAZING photographer!

We can’t say enough wonderful things about Lydia - not only is she extremely talented and captures the most special and beautiful moments, but she’s also so kind, friendly, and has such a positive attitude that makes her fun and easy to be around! We are SO pleased with the wedding photos she took for us this fall. She’s also a great communicator, which makes coordinating wedding timelines and planning with her a breeze. We highly recommend working with Lydia!

Sent on 12/18/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Stewart · Married on 08/26/2020

An Absolute Joy

Lydia brought a calming and joyous presence to our day. She is so organized and professional while also a lot of fun! She got us our photos quickly and we love every single one of them! Many of our guests commented on how lovely she was to work with too. We would choose her a million times over. ❤️

Sent on 12/19/2020

Brooke K Henderson · Married on 07/19/2020

BEST Photographer! Would highly recommend!

I highly recommend Lydia Jane Photography! We just received our photos from our wedding day and they turned out fantastic! Lydia did an impeccable job at capturing both posed and candid shots. We initially connected in Fall of last year (2019) to photograph my September 2020 wedding. During our consult phone call, I knew immediately that I wanted to work with her with the ease of communication, thoughtfulness, and attention to detail. She is easygoing yet incredibly prepared (more on this later)! In May of 2020 we made the call the cancel our original wedding due to Covid. We paired the guest count down from 60 to 14, changed venues, wedding locations cities by over 90 miles, and changed our date to 2 months earlier (8 weeks from when we told her the change). Lydia was still game! She was so flexible and excited (I needed that). We met over FaceTime a few days before and went over final details. When she arrived on wedding day, she was prompt and prepared. She had memorized everyone's names and who they were in relation to us, plus knew the wedding day timeline and the must have shots. She was so kind yet on top of it and super flexible if we wanted to make changes. She selected the best backgrounds and was very aware of the surroundings and people. WE CANNOT RECOMMEND LYDIA ENOUGH! We look forward to connecting with her again for future photography needs :) She is truly the best choice in photographer, and person to have along side you on your special day whether it is your wedding or any big life moment.

Sent on 08/09/2020

Laurel Bruesehoff · Married on 01/03/2020

Lydia is the best!

Lydia is phenomenal! She was so sweet and helpful from our first meeting and our entire experience with her was nothing but positive. We lived in Europe while planning our wedding, so most our communication was online, but she was always quick to respond to any question I had and made sure we were on the same page leading up to the wedding day. On the day of, she was an absolute godsend - completely flexible and helped us stay on track with our timeline. She was always kind, calm, incredibly professional and made sure we were always having fun. After seeing all of the amazing photos she took, I am convinced she must have been in 5 places at once throughout the entire day because she captured EVERYTHING. Our photos are beautiful and everything we could have hoped for, the perfect encapsulation of memories to remember our wedding. We are incredibly grateful for her amazing work and would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Grace Henderson · Married on 12/31/2019

Great personality & incredibly talented!

Lydia is AMAZING – her personality and her work! My husband and I were fortunate to secure Lydia as our wedding photographer a few months out from our wedding date. Lydia cares enough about her work that she made every effort to get to know us through an initial phone conversation and an in-person meet-up during her short (and busy!) trip to Minneapolis. Lydia is a true professional; along with getting to know us, she asked about the unique details of our wedding and wanted to know about our families in order to capture those special moments and tell a story of our relationships through her work. My husband and I were impressed that she asked specifically about our family dynamics in order to handle any potentially uncomfortable dynamics with tact and grace. On our wedding day, we were impressed with Lydia’s ability to seemingly be everywhere at once. She kept our timeline intact and was direct yet very calm and easygoing. Lydia had an aura of calm and “I got this,” which was especially helpful for a nervous bride like myself. It was as though we had another friend along for the day. In the evening, our speeches went longer than anticipated and Lydia was gracious to extend her time to capture the beginning of our dance, which was important to us. My husband and I are so pleased with the quality of our photos, and it was especially fun to see how well she captured many candid moments with our guests. We highly recommend Lydia Jane Photography – A+++!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Marsha Ovitz · Married on 11/05/2019

Lydia Jane Photography is Special

If you are looking for something extra, Lydia is the photographer to hire. She has the ability to capture what others might not see. Those moments are the most special.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Ashley Taylor · Married on 10/13/2019

Absolutely flawless.

Lydia Jane is a gem. She is an absolute dream to work with. With her intimate approach and unique style, Lydia captured all our incredible moments as well as the “feel” of our wedding.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Courtney Bjustrom · Married on 10/05/2019

Could not recommend more

Lydia is INCREDIBLE. She makes every aspect of the process feel personal and intimate. She captures such real and beautiful pictures, and her warmth and passion for the work she does is so incredibly apparent from first meeting to receiving final photos. I would not and could not imagine anyone better to capture all of our most intimate moments of our wedding day.

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Julia

Julia Prichard · Married on 09/09/2019

Wouldn't Have Wanted Anyone Else!

Lydia captured some headshots and images for my business. The whole process with her was seamless, professional, and FUN! As a photographer myself, I know the value of great photos and finding someone who can make you feel and look beautiful in front of the camera. I would not hesitate to work with her on future projects and would highly recommend her services to anyone! Consider yourself lucky if you can work with her :)

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 08/17/2019

A wonderful wedding photographer!

Lydia is an excellent photographer. She was organized and professional but also very fun to work with. We thought she did a great job capturing the little details and fun moments that made our wedding special. We chose her because of her candid, natural style. I appreciated that the colors on her photos are natural, without a distracting filter.
    We appreciated that she and her assistant also took lovely pictures of our guests and the party. We received many more photos of our guests than my cousins or brothers did when they got married. I would definitely recommend her if you are looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Abby

Abby Anfinson · Married on 07/20/2019

I didn't want our session to end!

Lydia creatively directed and lead us through our entire engagement session - it felt very natural and fun! The photos were exactly what I wanted and she delivered them quickly. I would recommend any couple that's unsure about being in front of the camera to hire Lydia!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Ashley Haugen · Married on 07/12/2019

Loved lydia!

We recommend Lydia hands down! My husband and I have absolutely no regrets when it comes to my wedding and engagement photos. Lydia was the perfect blend of professional and personable and we always felt so comfortable and at-ease around her. She has a wonderful eye and we loved how our photos turned out!!! If you get the chance to hire her, do it!!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Katherine Warde · Married on 07/07/2019

New Baby Photos

We have had Lydia photograph both our boys in the hospital when they were less than 24 hours old. She also photographed our eldest’s first birthday as well as family photos at the business I owned. She was incredibly flexible (especially in terms of the birth photos, since we couldn’t know exactly when they would be born). She got photos to us quickly, and we have loved them all. These are really special photos to have and I treasure them.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Mary Cullen · Married on 06/29/2019

Loved Working with Lydia!

Lydia was recommended to us by a friend, and we couldn't have been happier with her. She was friendly, professional and intuitive regarding what shots we might want. Everyone has been raving about how great our photos are and Lydia and her assistant were a joy to work with. We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Lydia was a joy to work with, we could not have asked for a better experience with our recent engagement photos! From the start, Lydia was very responsive. She was super accommodating with regards to the locations we wanted to shoot at, and she even scoped out some other areas that led to fantastic photos! I cannot say enough positive things about Lydia Jane Photography! Worth every penny.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Leah · Married on 06/22/2019

The best of the best

Lydia was the perfect photographer for our wedding day on Madeline Island in northern Wisconsin. I got connect with her through a friend of my sister’s. I knew from the first phone call will her, that she was the photographer for us. My now husband and I wanted our wedding day to focus on family and out love of the outdoors and National Parks. Her communication pre-wedding was very timely and organized.

One of my favorite parts of the day was an hour and a half we had block for the first-look and to drive around Madeline Island and stop at it’s different parks to take amazing photos at different locations. Lydia had scouted different locations and was easily able to direct us into the best places to capture the beauty of the island. We now have stunning photos from our wedding. Lydia, is a true artist!

I cannot count the number of compliments we received day-of and still receive to this day in regard to her beautiful work and lovely personality. She made a wonderful impression on our family and closest friends. I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Rosalie

Rosalie · Married on 03/02/2019

Start to Finish Impeccable

Lydia is SO easy to be around while also being extremely organized and pays close attention to detail. What else could you want from a photographer? Her talent is undeniable and her works truly speaks for itself. She is kind, reliable and attentive. She is also a darn trooper. It was 19° and windy on our wedding day and she embraced the heck out of it. Everyone called me crazy for wanting a winter wedding (and actually going through with it) since I was a little girl, but not Lydia. I think the woman actually enjoys a challenge! People that are really good at what they do usually do I think. She made us feel comfortable while also giving helpful guidance through out the day. We live out of state and she was extremely accommodating to the little time when had when we were in town. From the very first meeting with Lydia to receiving our photo package after the wedding in the mail, there is not one negative word or thought we could have about Lydia. We love our photos and so do all our friends and family, we love our memories and we love her.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Molly Brown · Married on 01/26/2019

Could not be happier!

The photographer was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, and I could not be happier that we used Lydia. She covered all of the necessary bases and was a dream to work with. Our photographs are gorgeous. If you want memorable and beautiful candids, then Lydia is your girl! I cannot say enough positive things.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Kyra · Married on 10/20/2018

Lydia is the best!

Lydia's communication and organization (pre-wedding) led up to an amazing wedding experience and photos to prove. She is so talented and can capture that perfect look! We had many friends and family complement our photographer choice, and I feel like we certainly invested in the right one :)

Sent on 12/02/2018

Jill · Married on 10/12/2018

The absolute best!

I can’t begin to say how thankful I am that we found and chose Lydia! Her beautiful work speaks for itself, but her caring personality and the way she connects with clients and guests is truly special. From the second we met her, I knew we would be in good hands and that we wouldn’t have to worry about any detail during our big day. And we were right. As someone that does events for a living, I wanted someone who was also very detail oriented and just handled things. She far exceeded my expectations, and I feel like I found a friend in the process. Even my bridal party mentioned how much they enjoyed her company, and how she effortlessly fit into our day. I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/02/2018