Luxe Bridal Rack Reviews

15 | Chicago, IL

15 Reviews for Luxe Bridal Rack

15 Luxe Bridal Rack Reviews

Jessica · Getting married on 08/11/2019

Let me start off by saying I thought I was going to have a traumatic experience looking for a wedding dress. I walked into my appointment stressed and overwhelmed. However, as soon as I met my stylist Joceline everything changed. She was so patient and kind with me. Best of all, I did not feel pressured as I did in a previous shop. My decision came down to two dresses and I love that Joceline gave me her honest opinion. Best of all, she kept me in by budget. If you are looking for a beautiful dress, memorable shopping experience and something for a reasonable price, look no further. I can't thank the ladies at this shop enough for helping me find my dream dress!

Jenna · Getting married on 07/20/2019

So I will say I was extremely hesitant at first to schedule an appointment here ..... But I do not regret it one bit- It was amazing!!!!!!! To start: I was afraid everything would be so far out of my budget (I was trying to keep it under $3,000 preferably under $2,500 so that alterations would still keep me in budget) and I was! Maria was conscious of my budget and never made me feel out of place in her beautiful store. She also asked all of the right questions while I was in the dress to make sure I was feeling as good as I should be! I had been swaying between another dress and the one I tried on in her store and she was not once pushy or inconsiderate. All of the staff was so kind to my family and myself, which is important to me. In the end I was so happy I went there because I found THE dress (and we built a custom veil)!!! It was all under my $2,500 personal goal so that I left some monies for alterations!!

Allison · Getting married on 02/02/2019

I highly recommend Luxe Bridal Rack to any bride who is searching for a wedding gown. The shop is small, but FILLED with beautiful dresses. There is a wonderful variety of dresses that can fit into many different budgets. Maria, the shop owner, is WONDERFUL and seriously made this experience so special. I was nervous about trying on dresses, but Maria helped calm me and make me excited about the whole process. In the end, this was the first and last shop I visited! I ended up buying the 2nd gown I tried on, but Maria was patient and helped me try on others to be sure. It was a great experience and I highly recommend Maria at LBR!

caitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

i had canceled my appointment at 10 at first after running behind due to bad weather. we ended up getting down there quicker than what i thought, so i gave them a call to see if they could still squeeze me in at 10:30 and thankfully they did! i found my absolute dream dress here and couldn’t be more happy! maria and her girls not only made dress shopping so easy, but made me feel like a beautiful bride!

Rebecca · Married on 10/19/2018

Maria and her team were the perfect partners for finding a dress. I made my appointment on a whim, but originally expected to design my own dress. They have created a low-pressure atmosphere that was perfect for my mom and I to enjoy our experience. I'm the youngest of four girls (and the last to get married), and my mom said this was the best experience she had.

Cara · Married on 09/28/2018

I had a wonderful experience shopping for my wedding dress at Luxe Bridal Rack with my mother. Maria, the owner, was so attentive! She went into great detail describing each dress - the style, design, types of fabric etc! I tried on 12 dresses and ended up finding the one!!! I would highly recommend Luxe Bridal Rack to anyone wanting a high-end experience even when you are on a budget.

Cambria · Married on 09/28/2018

I almost cancelled my appointment there originally- luckily I didn't. I was worried that they would only have a few sample sizes that wouldn't work for me. Not only do they have designer samples in many sizes but they also have gowns that can be ordered in any size. This was the 5th place I tried own gowns, and every place I went I found something I liked but nothing I fell in love with- until Luxe Bridal rack. I found a gorgeous gown that was exactly what I was looking for. I'm going sans veil and they also had a bunch of cool hair pieces as well. Everyone was super nice and helpful and they were definitely not pressuring me to buy immediately. Overall an awesome experience!

Maureen · Married on 09/22/2018

Luxe Bridal Rack was the first appointment, and the last :) I had a good feeling about this boutique weeks before my appointment, and needless to say, I chose the very first dress I tried on. Not only is Luxe stylish and inviting, but the owner, Maria, couldn't have done a better job at describing the dress styles and designer backgrounds so I had knowledge about each piece I tried on. She quickly felt like apart of our family - me, my sisters, and my mother loved sharing this experience with her. I can't imagine a better bridal boutique and I'll be recommending Luxe to every new bride I know :)

Luxe Bridal Rack 1

victoria · Married on 07/21/2018

went here for my bridal gown!! The ladies here really take care of you and try to educate you a little about the different gown styles/fabrics and what looks best on your body type. It was such an improvement from the last store that I went to-- they really knew their stuff and care about the bride they are serving!

Just a note- they have some gowns that you can order in any size while with some it is what you see is what you get. So if you are in love with a particular one, you might need to be prepared to purchase on the spot to not risk losing it!

ernesta · Married on 07/15/2018

i am glad i visited this place because its the only place that had what i was looking for. prices are good two and the staff ir very friendly. thank you

Molly · Married on 03/24/2018

Great selection of dresses- some super trendy and others more traditional. I was on a mission to find my dress and Maria made Luxe the only place I had to go! Her connection with a reputable alterations place makes the process of getting the perfect fit a breeze!

Brooke · Married on 10/06/2018

I had such a great experience working with Maria to say yes to the dress!! Coming from a not so wonderful first experience trying on dresses at another shop I can honestly say that I was anxious to try again. However Maria made it a positive exciting experience again. She listened to what I thought I wanted and gave her advice as well in a non-pushy manner which made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend anyone come looking for a one of kind experience and dress to come look for dresses at Luxe Bridal rack.

• Laura-Caroline

Laura-Caroline · Married on 10/20/2018

3.5

I loved my experience here and after shopping for months at 6 other stores, this is where I found my dress. The sales staff were so knowledgeable and helpful without being at all pushy. They were extremely patient and made my experience a really comfortable, beautiful one. I would highly suggest it!

• Giselle

Giselle · Getting married on 04/06/2019

1.4
      2.0
      2.0

Avoid - There are Other Great Options in Chicago

I have been struggling with whether to write this updated review of my experience here. This was the second place I visited, and I went with my maid of honor and one of my bridesmaids. I wasn't planning on purchasing a dress on the day I went because I wanted to wait to go with my mom, who lives out of town.

When I first got to LBR, I did not get a great vibe. Maria, the owner, started rattling off how they have a "unique concept in bridal" because of her awesome contacts, yadda yadda. Her and an associate sized up me, and told me I wouldn't fit in any of their off-the-rack samples they had for in-store purchase. Awesome feeling. So I would need to try on a sample and special order a gown. Fine. When I pointed out a few dresses I wanted to check out, I was told that I couldn't. Reasons given included that the dress was out of my budget, and/or it would never fit me. Again, thanks. I started to get the vibe that unless I was a street size 2 and willing to spend a fortune on a dress, I would not be catered to here. I had also just come from a place (Weddings 826) that was cute and friendly, and gave us free champagne for our fitting, so I was also a little bummed at the juxtaposition at LBR.

They didn't have that much selection, but there was one dress I tried on that my friends that came with me really liked. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I felt like the LBR staff pounced and upon reflection, I feel like they tried to manufacture one of those "this is the dress!" moments to close the sale. Never mind that I said multiple times I wanted to go with my mom, and this was only the second place I had checked out. I also mentioned to my stylist that I wanted more definition and for the dress to provide a snug "tucked in" fit, and that the dress did not exactly fit with my ultimate vision. She said oh it won't be a problem to get that all done with alterations. Still with champagne goggles from the first shop I went to, I ended up just saying yes after being caught up with everyone saying I should just go for it. I feel like the staff should have slowed down at the point, and remind me that I didn't have to make any final decisions on that day. It is worth noting that this is what my attendant at Weddings 826 did.

I immediately felt like the dress wasn't right, and called the next day to try and set up an appointment. I spoke with Maria on the phone, and she didn't remember me (whatever). She kind of blew me off and said I could come in to look at the dress if I wanted to, but that all brides are "emotional" and that I should just chill. It felt like a lost cause at that point. The receipt said final sale and while I had hoped if I called the very next day I could stop the order, that was not in the cards.

Fast forward to me getting an email two days ago that my dress arrived. Well actually, the impersonal email said "Congratulations, your dress and/or accessory has arrived." I did not appreciate the impersonal nature of the email. Again, while I didn't spend $10k on a dress, I did still spend a large amount of money, and they at the very least could have sent a personalized email.

I was instructed that I needed to pick up the dress within two weeks. My mom is going to be in town in three weeks, so I was hoping the store could hold it until I could at least get my mom in with the tailor at the store to do the alterations. However, they told me they would not hold the dress an extra week. I at least consulted with their tailor, but just for standard alterations (raising the hem, adding a bustle) it would be $450. She was reluctant to quote any of the additional changes I wanted, and when I expressed how unhappy I was with the fit she just told me I should wear a corset. All of the changes that I was told would be "easy" to handle at the alteration stage were all of a sudden "too much". I basically had to hold back tears because my initial feeling back when I purchased the dress was right. And I had just spent so much money.

Overall, just really disappointing experience. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a brand new, never worn dress I don't like and am out $$$. In my opinion, LBR was only interested in making a quick sale and getting me out of there. I would recommend skipping LBR. There are so many options in Chicago to find the perfect dress, why waste time somewhere that might pressure you into getting the wrong dress.