Luna's Trail Farm and Event Center Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Karla
    Karla D. Married on 11/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Spectacular hospitality in a gorgeous venue!

Can we find more stars for Daniel and his awesome team, please? They were warm, welcoming, flexible, organized, and genuinely engaged in ensuring our event lived up to our vision. Daniel is very prompt and thorough with communication. The property is gorgeous, clean, well-maintained and full of interesting features. Our daughter's wedding was everything she'd dreamed and more! We couldn't have chosen better.
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 11/12/2022

Amazing experience

We got married at the Big Creek Lodge this month and we have nothing but praise for the great experience we had at Lunas and with their team. We first chose Lunas due to the warm welcome their staff had when we stopped in for lunch one day. Their warmness and ease to work with continued throughout the planning process and the wedding/rehearsal dinner. Working with Daniel was GREAT! He is responsive and flexible. Daniel and the staff at Lunas are great. They truly want everything to be perfect for your day. Another added bonus to this event center is the cabins and rooms that are available on the property. All of the cabins and rooms are beautiful and allowed for everyone to stay over the weekend and have a great time. Yet another added bonus is the food is delicious here!! If I could re do my wedding there is nothing that I would change and a lot of that is due to having our wedding at the Big Creek Lodge at Lunas.
  • Kim
    Kim J. Married on 10/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding venue and people!

Daniel (the Owner) was amazing to work with, very quick responses and very accommodating. We had the property for four days to allow our daughter and son in law families time to visit and get to know one another. The property is stunning without a doubt, but I would say the people were equally impressive. Everyone was friendly and treated us like family. Don’t hesitate to book this venue!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Lexi
    Lexi C. Married on 10/01/2022

Book Luna's Now!

Daniel, Ann, and their team are nothing short of amazing! Our wedding weekend went perfectly and we could not have been happier. They have the kindest and most accommodating staff around and we look forward to another stay and meal with them soon!
  • Tabetha
    Tabetha Married on 09/24/2022

Best experience ever

Daniel & staff were excellent to work with. The view was breathtaking, the atmosphere was friendly, the price was great, the responses were quick, it truly felt like we were working with family. 10/10 recommend.
    Dara P. Married on 09/24/2022

Perfect Wedding Day!

From the beginning, Daniel at Luna's Trail was such a pleasure to work with. He is so easy going, accommodating, and quick to respond. We knew as soon as we visited Luna's Trail that it would be where we would say "I do". Our day was beyond perfect.
  • Kayla
    Kayla M. Married on 08/06/2022

Wonderful Venue

We really enjoyed having our wedding at The Big Creek Lodge at Luna's Trail! It is a beautiful venue and the scenery is gorgeous! All the staff were very nice and helpful. The food was amazing and delicious. We could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding day! We also greatly enjoyed our stay in the lodge rooms.
    Nicole C. Married on 07/16/2022

The Right Choice!

Luna’s Trail is beautiful! They are so kind and accommodating! I was in constant contact so it made the planning and execution flawless! The food is DELICIOUS! They had everything set up exactly how we wanted and the venue is gorgeous! Our day was perfect, thanks to Luna’s Trail!
  • Taylor
    Taylor H. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Come for a good time and a long time

If you are looking for a beautiful gathering place please look no further. My husband and I toured several gorgeous venues all around the piedmont and mountains of NC, and we both knew after touring Luna's Trail that it was exactly what we wanted and Daniel's team would make our visions a reality. From the first email we sent inquiring to tour to now a week after our wedding, Daniel and his team have been so easy to communicate with, incredibly accommodating, pleasant to chat with, patient with our numerous questions, and always available. We booked the venue over a year before our wedding, so we got to see the venue multiple times during our initial tour, a visit, and our tasting. We stayed in a lodge room the summer before our wedding to really get a chance to enjoy the restuarant, the people, the views, and all the area had to offer. As a guest, we couldn't be happier with how relaxing our stay was. It also got us so excited about getting married there! We really felt like we picked the perfect place after staying for a night. If you have the time, I highly recommend staying in a lodge room before your wedding. What I love most about this venue aside from the amazing people is how little needs to be done for it to be beautiful. The mountain views are a showstopper. I am still impressed at how Daniel and his team seem to make it all run so beautifully and effortlessly. Our specific wedding weekend had 2 weddings on-site - our ceremony at the Hanging Rock cabin/reception at the Lodge and another at the Venue location. We could never tell there was another wedding going on and they had ample signage for guests. I had a direct line of communication with Daniel when we arrived and he even took the time to give me a call on the morning of our wedding to check in and go over some final details. The Big Creek Lodge restuarant on site made our rehearsal dinner and reception catering seamless. We even got platters from the restuarant delivered to the cabins we stayed in on-site the morning of our wedding, which was wonderful to have one less thing to worry about while getting ready. My family still raves about the food. Myself, my now husband, and our family and friends stayed in the lodge rooms and cabins on-site, and I loved having a lot of the people we love so close together all weekend. We had people coming in on several different days, but Daniel and his wife and their team made the check-in process for everyone simple and easy (I highly recommend making a spreadsheet to track who's staying where if you go this route, it was so helpful!). I can't say enough good things about this place and these people. If you're unsure, reach out to set up a tour and you'll be happy you did. Thank you Daniel, the rest of the Wilson family, and everyone at Luna's Trail!
    Stephanie Married on 06/18/2022

Wonderful wedding weekend

This wedding venue is amazing! The property itself is gorgeous and offers so many spots for photos and memories! The food at the event as well as at the lodge is wonderful. We had a lot of compliments about the appetizers served at the wedding. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. Our wedding party used all of the rooms In the lodge but one and all of the cabins. The lodging was awesome!
    Toni S. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best venue with many options

This venue was perfect for our large wedding. They were more than accommodating with any of my requests. They have an excellent chef and bar staff that can do anything you want. Also, with 3 cabins and 9 rooms in the lodge, we were able to house our 50+ wedding party for the entire weekend.
  • Mick
    Mick M. Married on 02/26/2022

Awesome Wedding Experience

We had a great experience having our wedding at the Big Creek Lodge back in February! Daniel and his team are so easy to work with and are very flexible! The Lodge is gorgeous, and it was perfect for our winter wedding! Our food catered by the Lodge was also delicious! Overall, I have no complaints and would recommend Luna's Trails to anyone for a wedding venue!
  • Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 12/10/2021

The Best Wedding Venue in Piedmont NC

Luna Trails is one of the most beautiful and inviting places that you can visit. My husband and I recently got married here in October in front of the Hanging Rock Cabin (breathtaking pictures). Even with the Covid Restrictions Daniel and the Luna Trail's staff made our day so special, it was everything we could have dreamed for. If you are searching for a wedding venue search no more, Luna Trails has and offers it all. Lunas is affordable and beautiful with housing options from cabins to single rooms. They have an excellent restaurant with top-notch service available Thursday through Sunday, which was convenient for our wedding guests who stayed on site. While we were setting up for the wedding, our out-of-town guests enjoyed the numerous hiking trails on-site as well as the fishing pond. As a bride, this place has all the pictures you want to capture for your special day. My engagements, bridals, and even boudoir were taken here. They have several beautiful options for ceremony sites either inside or outside. They have two beautiful large buildings with breathtaking views and plenty of space for large receptions. Our guests still talk about the wonderful food that was prepared by Big Creek Lodge which is the restaurant on site. Mark is a wonderful Chef who is very knowledgeable and pays close attention to the details that we wanted to showcase with our dining presentation. Another great trait about this place, it's conveniently located between Winston-Salem and Mount Airy which are two big cities that have several options for Florists, DJs, Wedding Planners, Make-up Artist, and Photographers. I highly recommend Pilot Mountian Flower Shop, Brush & Beauty, Growing Up Southern Photography, & Outdoor Entertainment. Do yourself a favor and put Luna Trails at the top of your list to schedule a tour or even just a place to get away for the weekend, you'll thank me later.
    Sherry W. Married on 12/04/2021

Perfect Wedding Venue

Perfect wedding venue! Owner and staff so professional, kind and easy to work with during the planning of our daughter's Dec 4th wedding. The venue grounds are absolutely beautiful. Both ceremony spaces are gorgeous, but our daughter chose the Big Creek Lodge for her ceremony. Beautiful stone walls, gold chandeliers, and large windows with views of Hanging Rock and Pilot mountain. We also used the catering available through Big Creek Lodge and everything was delicious! Our daughter also really enjoyed her stay in Lodge room number 1. Lovely, large accommodations with beautiful mountain views!
    Kathy B. Married on 12/01/2021

Outstanding Venue! We had both our daughter's weddings here

Luna's Trail is the best venue we could find in all the Triad, Triangle and beyond! Best in terms of facilities, food, views, accommodations, ease of planning and price! It has 350 acres, three venue buildings, 9 hotel rooms and 3 beautiful cabins! Everything needed is on one property for a wonderful wedding weekend. No needs for "flips" or concerns about weather at this venue. They have plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces. We had both of our daughter's weddings here. In 2020 my daughter's wedding was in the Big Creek Lodge. I love this space! Beautiful views of mountains (Pilot/Hanging Rock) from the four rooms- ceremony, reception, bar and restaurant. The covered patio, bar and restaurant are all great options for the cocktail hour. They provided an arbor if wanted. The service and food were excellent. Our second daughter's wedding was 12/21 in the new ceremony space overlooking the lake. This space is stunning! The reception space (The Venue) is a few yards away with a beautiful cocktail room with cornered fireplace, separate bar area and outdoor patio with café lights with beautiful views. The attached reception space was lovely at night. I was afraid it was too dark however I actually loved this space when all decorated. The food was excellent! At both of our weddings the guest commented on how beautiful the venue was and complimented the food. The owners, Daniel and Ann are wonderful to work with. They care more about their brides than their pocketbooks! They go over and beyond to make sure your daughter's wedding day is all that she has dreamed of! After my first daughter's wedding my other daughter initially wanted her wedding at a different venue than her sisters. I made a spreadsheet of 70 venues! And none could provide, especially for the price, what Luna does. My daughter is so glad she choose Luna. It was a perfect weekend. From the check in to our beautiful accommodations, reception dinner, wedding day and Sunday brunch it was all wonderful! Just wish I had another daughter so we could do it again at Luna! Stop looking and start booking. Note any photos are from Sarah Reaves
    Brooklyn B. Married on 11/06/2021

Best. Weekend. Ever.

I would recommend any couple and every couple to get married at this gorgeous venue. Not only was the venue absolutely stunning with natural views, but also state of the art equipment and the BEST possible staff. Daniel (the owner) was so easy to work with and answered any questions and email very quickly. This venue offers food which was the best and received so many compliments. We stayed on the property the entire weekend and had the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch all on the site. Everyone that came complimented the venue in its entirety and the staff. I highly recommend Luna’s Trail and was extremely blessed to call this my venue. They made our day an absolute dream!
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett S. Married on 10/30/2021

Exceptional wedding venue

My daughter and I loved Luna Farms the first time we saw it. We’d already visited several other locations and been disappointed. Luna Farms was exactly what my daughter and her fiancé wanted for their mountain wedding.

Daniel and his team made everything so easy. If we asked for something, they made a way to make it happen. We reserved The Lodge, Hanging Rock cabin, Red Cabin and 7 guest rooms.

We highly recommend this event center for any wedding.
  • Hollie
    Hollie C. Married on 09/25/2021

Magic in the foothills

Luna's Trail Farm and Event Center offered my husband and me the most magical place to begin our life together. The landscape is stunning. The owner and staff were so friendly and helpful that they felt like close friends by the time it was over. I can't thank them enough for making our wedding day the most special day of my life.
    Kaitie H. Married on 07/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue with accommodating staff

We just had our wedding in “the Venue” at Luna’s and it was beautiful. The secluded setting with views of the mountains definitely made you live in the moment and feel like you were worlds away. We had our wedding planned for 2020 and postponed in until 2021. Daniel was very accommodating moving the date and I’m any other requests we had. I was looking for a venue that was all inside (in case of rain) and really liked how the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all right next to each other so my guests did not have to walk far. Our meal was also catered by the lodge at Luna’s trail and was extremely delicious! Most of our guests stayed in the lodge, cabins or in nearby bed and breakfasts so the location is convenient and still only 20 minutes from Mount Airy. I can not say enough good things about this venue.

Luna's Trail Farm and Event Center's reply:

Thank you Kaitie! It was a pleasure working with you an Pat. We're so glad you enjoyed your wedding weekend, and we hope to see you back in the future.
    Shanna Married on 12/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision we made (other than choosing to marry each other)

I am so glad we chose Luna’s Trail for our wedding venue.

I am the type of decision-maker that needs to turn over every stone – I thoroughly researched dozens of wedding venues between Charlotte and Raleigh. We chose Luna’s Trail for a number of reasons:

- Flexibility. I found several venues that offered by-the-hour price models. I didn’t want our day to feel cut short or rushed by needing to watch the clock. They say the day flies by fast enough – why add more time restrictions? Luna’s Trail offered several flexible packages that allowed us to really take in the whole weekend at the same price as an eight-hour day at comparable venues.
    - Communication and Accommodation. Daniel has been SO easy to work with and so responsive. He’s incredibly down to earth and is clearly a responsible business owner – at no point have I thought, “Is this guy ripping us off?” In planning a wedding, you start to notice where people try take advantage of the occasion or stress certain wedding “rules” (all of which are conveniently expensive). At no point in the planning process did we feel this way with Daniel and Luna’s Trail – he has been transparent and helpful at every step of the process.
    - Appearance and Setup. We wanted a wedding location that included distinct areas for eating, chatting, and dancing (and dedicated dance floor); equally workable indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception options; and lodging on site. We also wanted a site that was naturally beautiful and therefore required minimal decoration. Plus, one that already includes items we might need to rent (chairs, tableware, glassware, etc.). CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK and CHECK. Again, all of this at a price point lower than I found at comparable locations.

Beyond all of that, I am especially glad we chose Luna’s Trail given how the world’s changed amidst a pandemic.

The big day was meant to be April 18, 2020. In March we decided to postpone to September, and we have since postponed to May 2021. Daniel has been so, so accommodating as we’ve had to adjust and adjust yet again, even working with us to have an intimate, socially distant ceremony on site in July 2020.

In the meantime, we love that we can visit this special place for a hike followed by a beer on the porch while we both fondly recall our wedding and also look forward to our wedding!
    Samantha S. Married on 11/11/2020

Amazing experience!!!

Absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding! The cabins on the property were perfect for the bridal party to stay in and were very convenient. Daniel was a pleasure to work with, he was accessible the entire weekend and he and his staff did an amazing job. The whole weekend ran very smoothly, and several of our guests told us it was one of the best wedding venues they had ever been to!
  • Ethan
    Ethan W. Married on 07/10/2020

Amazing to work with!

Daniel (property owner) and his staff were so amazing to work with. They made the planning process so easy and were so supportive on our wedding day. Their attention to detail and commitment to making our wedding special was just outstanding! We would recommend this venue to anyone.
  • K McKinney
    K Mckinney Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent Experience

Daniel and his team were excellent. We recently held our wedding at the venue, and stayed in the three cabins, as well, during the wedding weekend. Daniel is so friendly, easy-going and a pleasure to work with, as well as professional and prompt in his communication. He and his team attended promptly to any needs or questions we had, both during the weekend and via email and phone prior to arriving. The venue met all of our needs; the kitchen did not have the oven/stove capabilities that our caterer needed, but our caterer was able to bring everything they needed and set up equipment just outside of the kitchen inside a tent, and so this was not an issue at all. I think they may also now have full kitchen capabilities on the property. We had a band, and the venue had everything they needed including a stage that could be set up in a variety of size options. We had a picture slideshow playing throughout the reception, and a playlist via iPad for cocktail hour, and it all worked great. The bar room, dancefloor, and beautifully-lighted brick patio with adirondack-style chairs and fire pit were all a big hit with our guests. We also held our rehearsal dinner at the venue on Friday night, and had everything we needed for that as well.
    Daniel was very helpful in working with us and our coordinator to achieve a setup and layout that would work for the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception. Due to a very cold weather front, we had to move our ceremony indoors and do a "room flip", and Daniel and our coordinator made it look easy. The ceremony was just as, if not more beautiful, indoors as it would have been outside, with the large windows behind us in the main venue room. This is one of the reasons we initially chose this venue: we knew it was going to be a beautiful place to hold our ceremony whether the weather cooperated or not. We heard compliments from guests all evening long about the beauty of both the property and the venue.
    We had a great time staying in the cabins. They are all available for rent on their own, and had all of the amenities we needed. They were a perfect space for our wedding party to get ready, and made the day so relaxed and easy.
    I would highly recommend Luna's Trail to anyone considering holding their wedding or other event at their venue! Thank you again, Daniel!
    Lindsay Married on 10/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    BEST wedding event center ever! Daniel was so accommodating and flexible. He makes sure you have everything the way you want it, the day of your wedding! He was kind enough to let our horse stay at the venue -who was the ring bearer!!! The houses which we rented on the property are gorgeous as well! They have provisions for bad weather possibilities if needed as well! You can really make it your own here! Highly recommended!
    Lauren A. Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely excellent

This is a beautiful venue , pictures do not do it justice . The owners are exceptional to work with, they are more then accommodating . We had several questions and he answered all questions , made suggestions and recommendations and maintained the absolute best attitude . Highly recommend
illustration stars