Lula Mae Special Events Reviews

24 | Mount Rainier, MD

24 Reviews for Lula Mae Special Events

• Andrea

Andrea Finuccio · Married on 10/19/2019

Serendipitous Recommendation That Worked Perfectly!

About a year before my wedding I was in a eclectic shop in DC, chatting with the owner about these camera stamps she had and how I was planning a wedding. During our conversation she gave me the card of her friend who was a wedding coordinator and I put the card in my wallet. A few weeks later I was reading a review for a planner on Off Beat Bride and knew I needed to meet her. I couldn't pin why the name was so familiar until I took the card out of my wallet and saw that I'd been recommended LulaMae already! Serendipity!

Working with Meigh was great! She answered all of our questions, (and believe me we had a lot), dealt with both our mothers, wedding party, and all our vendors. She was truly the person I needed on my team.

We needed to find a vendor that we felt comfortable interacting with my guests who were a diverse group of cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender expressions and Meigh left us feeling at ease. It also helped that she was nerdy af and so were we!

Meigh met with us to get out vision of the day, came up with our timeline (even making amendments the day before), coordinated with all our vendors, and helped take so much off our plates. When we got to the venue, everything was arranged just how we wanted, and I didn't have to worry about the rest of the day going off without a hitch.

Meigh was fantastic and I'd hire here for any future events if the need arises.

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2019

Future you will thank you for hiring Lula Mae right now

Hiring Meigh with Lula Mae Special Events for month-of coordination was hands-down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day.
    There we were, one month before the wedding, starting to panic (...maybe that was just me) about the details still to be sorted out. In came Meigh with tips for every question/ concern we came up with and the spreadsheets/timelines we needed to keep us organized. She took over coordinating our vendors and helped us navigate the nitty-gritty, and was lovely to work with throughout the process. On the day of our wedding, she helped with everything from decor to keeping things moving on schedule and making sure all of our belongings went home with the right people at the end of the night (and I'm sure 1000 other things I wasn't even aware of because they had it under control)-- which allowed me to truly enjoy the day without worrying about any of the details.
    I would hire her again without doubt, and cannot recommend working with Meigh/Lula Mae highly enough!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Jen May · Married on 09/06/2019

The confidence to sit back and relax

We hired Meighan for month-of coordination and could not be more thrilled with that decision. Leading up to the event Meighan took the time to understand the specifics of our event. We did some things non-traditionally, and she hit the perfect balance of not forcing us to be cookie-cutter, but also alerting us to why certain traditions exist and what leaving them out may impact, but leaving it our decision.
    Additionally she was very clearly organized and communicative leading up to the event. Her communications were clear and timely both in terms of proactive reminders to me, and also in answers to my questions. I really appreciated her use of Google Drive so that everyone could be on exactly the same page.
    All of this meant that on the day of the wedding I genuinely felt completely at ease. To this day, I have no idea if anything went less-than-perfect because the day seemed to go off without a hitch.
    I couldn't recommend Meighan enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Michael Scott · Married on 05/19/2019

Wedding Lifesaver

We hired Lula Mae Events for month-of coordinating services and Meigh, the owner, did such a phenomenal job. She is extremely organized and on top of everything. The wedding day and days leading up to it has so many details and timing aspects that there is no way we could have had a successful and stress free wedding without her. She is also an excellent source of knowledge and helped us with things we never thought of. She goes above and beyond. Her wife, Christina, helped the wedding day and she is wonderful as well. Hiring Meigh was easily one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 05/04/2019

Love, love, LOVE Lula Mae Special Events!!!

Meigh, the awesome lady who runs Lula Mae Special Events, was completely and utterly amazing! Our wedding day was flawless thanks to her and her wife, who were behind the scenes making sure everything ran smooth. She was super responsive, easy to work with, and helped guide us through details we never would have thought about. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Lula Mae to take a lot of the stress out of your wedding day and make sure your guests have the best time ever!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cello · Married on 12/30/2017

Meigh was a lifesaver! We hired her for month-of coordination, and when that month arrived, we felt all of our stresses melt away. She took over just about everything, helped us answer questions we didn't even realize we had, and made the day go seamlessly without the bat of an eyelash. On the day of the wedding, she was cool, calm, and collected - and we definitely needed that! :)

We'd also like to give a shout-out to Christina, Meigh's wife and wedding day helper. You could tell that Christina was just as clued in to everything and could pick up wherever Meigh dropped off. They operated really well together, and just knew what to do. EG - We gave them a pretty detailed outline for how we wanted things set up, and then included some extra surprise decorations in case they found a place for them. Meigh & Christina did amazing - they created a beautiful space; we were blown away when we walked into it for the first time.

One more thing - throughout the day, we were making all kinds of last minute decisions - let's cut the donuts an hour early, let's be announced as a married couple as opposed to sneaking in all of a sudden, etc etc and Meigh & Christina handled it all like pros. There was no evidence of scrambling, just making things happen when they needed to.

We are beyond happy with our decision to work with Lula Mae Events, and highly suggest anyone else in the throes of wedding planning to seriously consider them.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Caitlin · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't speak highly enough about Lula Mae. Meigh, the owner, was truly a joy to work with, and the day would not have gone as smoothly without her. From our initial consultation to pack-up after the event, Meigh was professional and organized. Her creativity helped us push our wedding to the next level -- she made suggestions that changed the flow of the reception and had an eye for detail that we truly appreciated. Above all, she was friendly and warm throughout the entire process, talking us down whenever we felt stressed and setting us at ease from the moment we hired her. We loved working with Lula Mae! If you're considering them for wedding coordination services, just do it -- you'll be overjoyed that you did.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Michele-Ann · Married on 09/09/2017

Lula Mae did an amazing job as our wedding coordinators. We contracted Meigh for her month-of coordination services, which worked out perfectly for us. We met a few times, and she was a great source of knowledge and someone we could bounce ideas off of in the months running up to the wedding. A month before the wedding, we handed off all of our vendor information to her and she took the baton from there.

On the day of the wedding, she kept us on schedule without being intrusive or making us feel rushed, which we thoroughly appreciated. We are sure that she was handling a million different things that day, but in every interaction with us she was cool and collected, and served as a calming influence for us on our big day. Anything we needed, we knew she would be there to handle it. There was no issue that was too big or too small - she even placed our flower decoration on our cake for us! Absolutely full-service. We would highly recommend Lula Mae for wedding coordination.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Sheyla · Married on 08/06/2017

Hiring Meigh was one of the best wedding decisions we made. While we planned most of the wedding ourselves, we were looking for someone to help us during the final month and day. From our first phone call, through the day of our wedding, Meigh was fantastic. She answered all our questions and her personality was the right match for us. She helped us put together our timeline, kept us organized and offered advice based on her experience. She also made sure to get the names of all of our vendors to ensure she would be the point of contact that day. About a week or so to our wedding, our photographer broke his arm and we were having issues finding a suitable replacement. Meigh got to work immediately...not only was she able to offer expert advice on the quality of photographers we were being offered but she also had names to us that same day of excellent options who were available. She really kept our stress level down on this less than ideal situation). On our wedding day, we didn’t need to worry about anything. My family loves to diy, and we had all these decorations, favors and other items that we needed placed. While we had a general idea of where/how we wanted them, never having organized an event on this scale, I trusted Meigh to work with the hotel and finish the decoration. Walking through our reception ballroom on our way to the ceremony, I remember thinking how every detail looked perfect. She also helped move ceremony items to the reception, including the bridesmaids bouquets and my own. Meigh kept us on schedule the whole day, from prep to the very end and made sure to gather everything at the end of the night and bring it to our hotel room. My MOH and family were all raving about how wonderful she was. I am sure there are countless things she handled and we didn’t see because she was on it, allowing us to just enjoy our day.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Alex · Married on 04/08/2017

Meigh was fantastic. She was incredibly helpful before the wedding, but she truly excelled on our wedding day. From our perspective, everything went perfectly. So either everything really did go perfectly, or she was able to hide any hiccups from us to prevent us from stressing. Both possibilities are a tribute to her talent. She was never pushy, but she also knew how to get people moving and command attention when necessary. Meigh offers a flower package too; she'll take you to the wholesale flower shop, then help you assemble everything before the wedding. Our flowers looked great, and she had some really good, creative suggestions that we incorporated. She's friendly, professional, and meticulous, and she's a great pinata MC.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2017

We LOVED working with Meigh -- she was amazing and I can't recommend her highly enough!! In the lead up to the wedding, Meigh did an amazing job helping us think through the details and checking in to make sure that we were on track. She truly was the MVP of our event, and was such a calming presence throughout the entire process. Meigh had a total can do attitude even for some of our stranger requests and was genuinely excited to help us bring our vision to reality. On the day of the wedding, she made everything run smoothly -- if something did go wrong, I have no idea what it was because Meigh and Christina handled absolutely everything without batting an eyelash. She even came to the rescue and sewed my dress when the delicate lace straps were no match for the amount of dancing I did throughout the night.

In addition to her day-of coordination services, we also took advantage of Meigh's DIY flower package. She took me to the flower market, took my not so well-articulated vision and turned it into something amazing, helped me put together the order and worked with us to put together all of the flowers (centerpieces, bouquets, etc.) . The process of DIY-ing flowers the day before the wedding was a bit more stressful than I had thought, but Meigh provided tons of guidance and support to help us get everything done. I was so happy with how everything turned out, and we would not have been able to do it without Meigh.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Aubrey · Married on 09/04/2016

We were so happy that we had Meigh's help with our wedding. She was affordable and helped make the day run smoothly. We also had her help with our flowers, and she did a beautiful job,

Sent on 02/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/15/2015

We used Meigh as a DOC and she did a fantastic job. We had lots of friends and family helping out, but it was great to have Meigh and her wife Christina there to take over final set up when I went to get ready, keep our timeline on track, meet the vendors, and generally work their magic to make things come together and feel polished. The ceremony was the most important part for us and Meigh made sure the decor was properly secured (a concern since we were unable to practice this), made sure everyone hit their mark, and checked and handled the sound like a pro. She is positive, experienced and a total problem solver. When we discovered our rental sound system wasn't working the night before and we were having a tough time raising the vendor on the phone, Meigh was happy to take over calling and offer up solutions. Did I mention yet how friendly she is too? Basically hire her, you won't regret it. If I had to do it over I think I would hire her to help with more of the planning. She is an expert and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Hiring Meigh was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was so helpful in answering our random questions leading up to the event, and the day went so smoothly. Once we arrived on site, we didn't have to worry about a thing and just enjoy the day - which is exactly how it should be. Meigh's services are very reasonably priced and it is worth every penny!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kathleen · Married on 08/22/2014

Meigh was, without question, the MVP of our whole wedding. Prior to the day-of, she was a huge help in setting the timeline, talking over details, and giving advice DIY projects. She was both professional and down-to-earth and really knew her stuff when it came to making all the details of a wedding happen. She assisted at the rehearsal dinner and really went above and beyond with taking care of last-second details and tasks that we threw at her. She uses an assistant for the day-of, and they both were indispensable assets on our wedding day. Everything was set up just as we had planned, we stuck pretty close to our timeline, and the event ran smoothly from beginning to end. She and her assistant were present and in charge but not conspicuous. Meigh's fees are also incredibly reasonable for the work she does (she has the best rates of the planners we found in the DMV area, and in our opinion, is worth FAR more than she charges). We can't speak highly enough of our experience with her. It was great to have such a genuine and helpful person on our team.

Sent on 09/15/2014

J · Married on 05/17/2014

Meigh was easily in the top three wedding decisions that we made. We hired her for day-of coordination, and I have no idea what we would have done without her. We had a two-site wedding, and our reception was in a place that does not do a lot of weddings, and it was critical to have her at the reception location to coordinate with the caterer, DJ, florist, etc as well as set everything up that we weren't able to do since we didn't really have access to the venue ahead of time. I am sure she put out many fires that we still don't even know about and I didn't get one call on the day of the wedding. She helped us figure out logistics ahead of time and stayed on top of our vendors day of. She thought of things I never would, despite being a heavy planner. For the service she provided, it was also an incredible value.

Sent on 05/25/2014

D · Married on 02/22/2014

The best decision my husband and I made, after deciding to get married, was hiring Meigh to plan our wedding. Excited to actually be married, the thought of planning a wedding in 5 months - our timeline - made me want to curl up into a ball and stay there. We met with a couple of planners but went with Meigh because not only was she seriously qualified, she also has a seriously fun streak I knew would add levity to the planning process and the day itself. From start to finish, Meigh delivered. From finding the perfect venue, to the best caterer, and an amazing DJ (all items where I had no idea where to start) to leading every step of our DIY flower/decoration vision (then talking me off the ledge when I was convinced we couldn’t pull it off), I can’t imagine our wedding without Meigh. And that’s just the lead-up. The big day, she was seemingly everywhere at once, decorating the venue while I relaxing with my family and friends, cuing up the music and the processional, moving the event from ceremony to cocktails to dinner to dancing seemingly effortlessly, with gentle taps on the arm when it was time to do toasts, have our first dance, cut the cake, and everything before and after. I’ll admit to being a bit of a control freak but I had no hesitation turning everything over to Meigh on my wedding day with complete faith that she was in charge and would deliver. Last, but certainly not least, Meigh worked within budget. She is worth her weight in gold but doesn’t charge it, respecting our budget (even when we didn’t). I would hire Meigh again in a heartbeat and have recommended her to all my friends. But, since few of them are gettting married these days, I want to make sure the good folks online know to check out Meigh at LulaMae Events for their wedding day!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Kate · Married on 09/07/2013

As I was having a fairly small, informal wedding without a lot of vendors, I didn't really think I needed a wedding coordinator. However, after reading her post on A Practical Wedding and seeing how reasonably priced she was, I decided to hire Meigh to do day-of coordination. This was the BEST decision I made throughout the planning process.

Meigh was incredibly helpful, organized, flexible, and fun. Our DJ didn't show up to our wedding, leaving us without any music. Meigh quickly put together a playlist (an awesome playlist, btw), and I don't think any of our guests even noticed the mini-crisis. When the zipper on my dress split open after the ceremony, Meigh noticed before anyone else, subtly pulled me aside, and fixed the zipper. When a guest who hadn't RSVP'd showed up for the reception, Meigh quickly found him a chair and a meal. I'm sure she did a thousand other things that made the day run smoothly, but I didn't notice because she was so quick, efficient, and unintrusive. The guests who did interact with her loved her--she seemed relaxed, friendly, and fun the whole time she was managing the issues my haphazard wedding planning created.

The only regret I have about Meigh is that I did not hire her sooner or have her do full wedding planning.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Meigh was wonderful to work with. She is just the right combination of professional and down to earth, which helped us relax with her as our day of coordinator. She was also very patient with our indecision about the rainy skies and supportive when we decided to throw caution to the wind and stick with the outdoor ceremony. She and her wife are also just lovely people who make a great team, and we really enjoyed spending time with them!

Sent on 02/08/2014

I'm a DIY fiend, and I realized (very close to the last minute!) that I simply couldn't possibly do it ALL myself... We had a super-small, intimate wedding (only 28 people, reception held in a great DC pub/restaurant) and I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to find any help within our budget. Meigh was so great at finding a good fit for services for our wedding: she and her team stepped in and took care of all the setup at our reception venue so I could focus on the big day. She even came to us to pick everything up so I didn't have to worry. Setup day-of? Everything was so perfect! The space looked amazing, and she had great ideas I hadn't even thought of. I trusted her and her team to "do their thing" and I was so happy with the result. So professional, such an awesome person to work with!

Thanks, Lula Mae!

Sent on 12/21/2013
  • User3198516 · 2+ years ago

Meighan was absolutely terrific. Many of the wedding coordinators we had spoken to didn't understand what sort wedding we were having, or the nature of our diverse family, and she got it immediately. She did an amazing job pulling all the loose ends together from a scatterbrained bride and a detail-minded groom who has trouble delegating. She dealt handily with a day that had multiple moving parts, including two locations and two buses. (one of which broke down en route tot he reception.)

She also thought of all the little things that need to be done that we had neglected, such as having a place for people to put cards, and finding a way to work our favors into the decor of the restaurant and reminding us we needed to have food for the people working so hard to pull off the evening. At some point, I noticed that my bouquet -- abandoned in the crush of things as we entered for our first dance -- was placed elegantly into a vase. That's attention to detail.

Our day not only went smoothly because of her and her assistant, it was beautiful.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2011

Meigh of Lula Mae Special Events was a fabulous resource for all aspects of our wedding. She has an amazing eye for what will look good, and helped us shop for and put together the decor for our reception. She was happy to participate in a crafternoon with me and my husband putting together paper medallions and a dozen other decorations. When planning talk inevitably turned into me venting about all the drama that other people were trying to foist onto the day, she listened, and more importantly, helped remind me how to tune out all the static and focus on what actually mattered.

On the day of the wedding, I'm pretty sure she borrowed a time-turner, because she seemed to be everywhere at once, taking care of a million little things. She paid attention to every detail that I didn't have energy or space in my head to care about, leaving me free to just deal with the monumental task of focusing on marrying my sweetheart.

The highest compliment I can pay her is that I didn't even find out about some of the problems that she solved until days or weeks later as the stories got back to me from other guests. We had a lovely, stress-free reception, one where we got to eat and relax with our guests instead of scrambling to fix the speakers or finding the drinks that got accidentally covered up. To me, that make Meigh the perfect kind of wedding coordinator.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Miriam · Married on 06/23/2013

The theme of our wedding was, "if it's a hassle, skip it." Originally, I'd included a day-of coordinator on that list of things to skip. We didn't have DIY decor elements or legions of lighting designers and ice sculptors to wrangle. But as we got closer to the big day, we realized WE didn't want to do anything at our wedding except get married! We hired Meigh about a month before our wedding to handle day-of coordination, and she did an amazing job coordinating vendor arrival times, overseeing caterer & florist loading in the reception room, and all the other little behind-the-scenes bits that made our wedding run like clockwork. I'm sure I don't even know half of everything she did for us! She was very organized and her inclusion of an assistant was a great value to us. Her friendliness and responsiveness, from our vendor selection process to the wedding and after, put us at ease. She was so easy to work with. I'd recommend Meigh to anyone looking for a day-of coordinator.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/26/2015

Meigh helped us plan our dream wedding from start to finish. She got us immediately, respected our budget, and rolled with the many changes that came such as our guest list increasing, our vision needing to be tweaked, and the inevitable crazy that goes with planning a wedding.

The planning process is overwhelming but Meigh was always reassuring, always available to calm our nerves a long the way. She had great relationships with vendors an helped us find the right one to make our wedding amazing. By the time the big day came around I knew that I could stop worrying and just enjoy because Meigh had it handled.

We've received so many compliments about the wedding from friends and family. Several people have told us it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. Years later I'll always remember our wedding as being an absolute blast. All the credit goes to Meigh for making the magic happen.

Sent on 10/24/2015