Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator Reviews

63 | West Grove, PA

63 Reviews for Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator

• Rachel

Rachel Crowl-Mcgrath · Getting married on 10/07/2021

Best Money Spent

Love on a Shoe String was THE best money we spent on our wedding. I thought I could handle it all, but as the day approached my husband and I wondered just how I would manage getting ready, coordinating vendors, and have fun and remain calm on our wedding day. My husband insisted that we hire a day-of wedding planner. After a lot of research, we decided to hire Love on a Shoe String. My only regret is not having Peggy involved in ALL of the planning! Peggy and her staff flawlessly executed everything we wanted and Peggy had GREAT recommendations for us. She handled EVERYTHING the day of our wedding so we didn't have to think about anything but getting married and having fun. It was money well-spent. Hire Peggy, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/22/2020

Kat Leconey · Married on 09/05/2020

Bridesmaid Perspective

Peggy coordinated my dear friends wedding, where I was a member of the wedding party. Her calm presence was a great comfort to us all throughout the day as we navigated issues with the venue. She kept a cool head and advocated for the Bride when needed. I would absolutely recommend having Peggy in your corner!

Sent on 09/06/2020

Cortney · Married on 09/05/2020

YOU MUST PICK PEGGY!! Do not look any further!

**MARRIED ON SEPTEMBER 5th 2020** I have so many amazing things to say about Peggy. I originally chose Peggy pre-COVID when were having an event with 160+ people to be our day-of coordinator, however, our plans had changed and we switched to a different venue with about 50 people. Peggy was so helpful in making sure we remembered all the important details of our day before it happened and was so incredibly helpful on the day of. If it weren't for Peggy, my wedding day would have been ruined by one staff member at the venue we chose who was acting as the "venue coordinator". Peggy was SO incredibly professional having to work with the coordinator at the venue that was again SO rude to her, at times yelled at her, and made her feel unwelcomed. Peggy continued to have my best interest in mind to ensure my day was perfect despite the issues she faced. I cannot recommend her enough, seriously! During the meal, she continued to check in on my husband and me and even walked around to every table to get drinks for my guests. She made our day run so smoothly and I was so thankful to have her on my side!!! You will not regret choosing Peggy!

Sent on 09/06/2020

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Courtney, thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you two! I honestly enjoyed your bridal party and family so much.
    It was truly a special day and I am so pleased your were so happy with everything!

Stephanie · Married on 12/06/2019

It was my pleasure to work with Peggy!

We started planning our wedding with a vision. The vision was one of a Christmas wonderland. Peggy fully captured that vision! We were so happy with everything Peggy did for our wedding. I would absolutely recommend her to other couples planning their wedding!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Andrews · Married on 10/05/2019

Peggy is a godsend!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Peggy at Love on a Shoestring! She truly made my wedding and the planning process a joy. Peggy met with me several times before my wedding day and was always available for consultation via email, phone or text. Peggy helped me to coordinate my vendors for my DIY wedding and was on site for my rehearsal and wedding day. Peggy even came to the site the night before when there was an issue with my tent- her presence and advice were calming and reassuring when I was very stressed! She made me and my family feel at ease. Peggy and her assistant handled everything beautifully on my wedding day. If anything went wrong, I didn't notice/wasn't involved because Peggy handled it! I highly recommend working with Love on a Shoestring for your wedding. Thank you Peggy!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Deidre, I appreciate your kind words! You and Josiah were a joy to work and had a beautiful vision for your day. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Tiffany Murray · Married on 08/10/2019

Our Savior!

Peggy was a savior! I never planned on having a wedding with anyone but immediate family. One thing left to another and we were planning a wedding across the country with a growing guest list at a location that was not a traditional venue. I was overwhelmed and short on time. Peggy quickly was able to help guide me and assist in figuring what vendors and what I even needed as well as coordinating the event itself. On the day of, they monitored everything and help correct any last minute oversights we had, like not having enough of the mixers for the alcohol we provided ourselves. The wedding was a success and I have her to thank for it!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Tiffany for the kind words. It was truly a pleasure to work with you. Wishing you and Brian all the best!
  • Pat

Pat Kilkenny · Married on 10/12/2018

Stress Free

I have to say hiring Peggy was the best thing I did! She was so responsive and helpful offering guidance and support through the whole process. At first I wasn’t sure my budget would allow hiring a planner but her service was so inclusive

Sent on 10/29/2018

Cecelia · Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding was stress free thanks to Peggy. She suggested excellent vendors and was there every step. It was a beautiful and magical day.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Kate · Married on 09/22/2018

Peggy was amazing!! From the moment I met her up until the big day, she was always there for me. On the day of the wedding, Peggy and her husband went over and above all expectations to make my day perfect. I could not have done it without her. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Linda · Married on 09/22/2018

It was wonderful working with Peggy. She helped make my daughters wedding PERFECT. As the mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy my daughters special day thanks to trusting Peggy. She did an amazing job !
    Linda

Sent on 10/08/2018

Paul · Married on 07/01/2018

Peggy did a wonderful job helping us to prepare for our wedding. Although we did most of the planning and arrangements with vendors before the wedding day, Peggy was key in making sure that we stayed on track and that everything came together perfectly at the actual event. She made sure that we did not have to worry about a thing, and were able to completely enjoy our ceremony & reception. She is a warm, friendly person and a pleasure to work with! We highly recommend Peggy & Love on a Shoe String.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Paul for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you two! It was truly a special day. Wishing you and Loretta a lifetime of happiness!

Nancy · Married on 06/16/2018

There is nothing Peggy can't do! We were at a loss for our son't wedding not being from the area. Peggy was a god send!
    She helped us arrange transportation, create amazing gift bags, and making connections for us with the florists and other vendors for our son's wedding welcome party at Duke Community Center. When I threw her last minute curves, she delivered! And, she even had her husband pick up a welcome party guest who arrived too late to catch our transportation. What service.
    I can't imagine being able to put this beautiful party on for our son and future daughter-in-law without her. She made my life easy and is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Nancy for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with you long distance for your big celebration! You had a great vision and I enjoyed every minute!

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2018

Peggy was amazing. We hired her with about a month to go before our wedding and she was absolutely spectacular. She answered all of my questions promptly, and had the industry knowledge to help guide so many last minute decisions I had to make. And she was truly a pleasure to have on site the day of the wedding. Would 100% recommend Love on A Shoe String to anyone looking for a reliable, lovely and honest day-of coordinator.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for your kind words. You and Rocky were such a joy to work with! I wish you two a lifetime of happiness!

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

Peggy Hecksher, aside from being a wonderful day of coordinator, is a wonderful person. She was so supportive, kind, creative, and professional. My husband and I cannot say enough about her abilities and commitment to her brides and grooms. She is a woman who truly loves what she does and it shows in her work. Peggy was out in the rain making sure our vision came to life. She decorated our entire venue! She was attentive through out the planning process and the day of our wedding. Peggy made sure my husband and I always had drinks and time to enjoy our reception. Peggy is a wealth of knowledge and experience and is so willing to share her ideas She was always a phone call, email, or text away. I would highly recommend Love on a Shoe String for a day of coordinator. You will not be let down in the slightest.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Sarah for your kind words! I really do LOVE what I do and consider it an honor to have been part of your big day. Wishing you and Kevin a lifetime of happiness!

Erik · Married on 04/07/2018

Our wedding had it all. International intrigue (we were overseas and had to do everything by phone and email with Peggy), family drama (which Peggy helped us figure out the best ways to handle), a difficult wedding venue manager (that Peggy managed to win over and get her to work better with us), last minute drama (we had to find a bartender last minute after the venue we chose changed plans on us), tons of special requests (people coming from out of town looking for babysitting services, elderly relatives will special needs, and dietary restrictions that were less than standard), a small venue for the ceremony (about 30 people), a big venue for the party (almost 200 people), and a pretty disorganised bride and groom. Despite all of the challenges, Peggy was a pro through and through. She never made us feel stressed, kept us on topic, kept balls rolling in terms of the planning, troubleshooted (troubleshot?) issues as they came up, and on the day of we had not a single care in the world! Peggy was there every step of the way - making sure microphones went to the right people for the speeches, even helping a friend who ripped his pants and needed a last minute sewing fix, and helping us make sure the undrunk (undrank?) alcohol at the end of the night didn't disappear so that they next day we could return it for a refund. Really, I'm not sure how we would have made this day work without her.

And that's just the start. Peggy has a tremendous network of professionals that she works with. She really helped us cut through the clutter of options and connect with great people for flowers, photography, make-up, the bus (to shuttle us from the hotel to the party venue), bartenders. She doesn't work on a commission with them, they are just people who are excellent at what they do that she's met over the years and continues to work with because of their high standards.

If you want a personal reference, please feel free to email me at erikfxbenson at yahoo dot com.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you so much Erik & Amy for your wonderful review. You two were such fun to work with over the months long distance! I loved every minute of your special weekend and know you have an exciting future ahead!

Piaget · Married on 10/27/2017

Peggy is amazing, and I couldn't have asked for a better day of coordinator. She was really helpful in guiding us through the wedding planning process as well. The event day went off seamlessly, if anything went wrong I never found out about it and many of our guests have proclaimed that this was the best wedding ever. Peggy and her assistant did everything from set up to clean up and really made sure that my husband and I got to live in the moment. I would recommend Love on a Shoe String to everyone!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Piaget for the kind words. You and Coleman were a pleasure to work with. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Peggy for my September wedding and I could not be happier!!! I was originally very unsure if I wanted to spend money on a Coordinator but I can truly say that it was beyond worth itt!! With Peggy you are truly paying for peace of mind. She was absolutely amazing and took all of the stress off of my husband and I on the days leading up to the big day and the Wedding day itself. Peggy is so excellent at what she does. Because of Peggy I was able to actually enjoy every moment of my wedding and never once had to stress about details! Peggy is not only extremely knowledgable and skilled but she is a wonderful person and a pleasure to work with. Please do yourself a favor and book Peggy with Love on a Shoe String right now for your wedding! You won't regret it :)

Sent on 01/08/2018

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thanks Kristen! You and Michael had a great vision and I was thrilled to be a part of your day! All the best to you two!

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2017

Peggy was amazing and so helpful through the whole engagement/planning process. Day of she did above and beyond what we expected. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/27/2017

laura · Married on 09/23/2017

Peg was awesome! She made sure the centerpieces and decorations were where they were supposed to be and ran the schedule for the day like clockwork. I loved her own little decorating touches also. She was very helpful giving the bride and groom a third person to talk to about their event. Peg was very familiar with our venue (The Old Mill in Rose Valley) and came recommended. We hired her as a day of planner and we were able to call her anytime with questions prior to the event. So glad I chose her! It was so nice getting hair and makeup done at the hotel while Peggy was setting up at the venue. Totally worth the price. Would not hesitate to choose her again!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/02/2017

Peggy was amazing. She truly helped me put my dream wedding together. She was supportive every step of the way. I can’t say enough good things about her and HIGHLY recommend her to any other couples looking for assistance with their big day!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Cesar · Married on 08/26/2017

Look no further than Peggy at Love on a Shoe String. Initially, I was skeptical about hiring any planner thinking I'd be able to execute an elaborate wedding in 5 weeks, but I'm glad my husband (yay!) and I went with our gut after speaking with Peggy and got her involved. Hiring her was the single best decision we could've made, as it lead to other great decisions that led to a flawlessly executed ceremony and reception. Peggy has charm; she is organized, is attentive, will vouch for your interests with vendors, will be available via phone (and texts and email). You'll realize the value of her work as your big day nears: she'll put you at ease because you'll know that she is working diligently with anyone and everyone involved: the florist, the musicians, the venue, etc. During the day of the ceremony, Peggy (and her terrific and attentive husband Otto) will be invaluable...she'll be hands-on, but not intrusive; she'll take your directions and execute your desires quickly, surreptitiously, and effectively; she'll be as involved as little or as much as you want. Peggy also has impeccable taste: her ideas brought us elegant elements to our wedding: from an area rug where we tied the knot to gorgeous floral arrangements to unique place cards. My husband and I trusted Peggy with one of the biggest days of our lives and we're glad we did! Peggy: we did it! You're the best!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you so much Cesar for your kind comments. Working with you and Kevin was just wonderful. You both had such a vision and it was a great experience. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Colleen · Married on 08/21/2017

It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. You made everything run smoothly, and there was nothing we had to worry about on the day of our wedding. We received so many compliments about how things went, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without you. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you so much Colleen. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Mike.
    Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Bernadette · Married on 05/06/2017

Peggy is the absolute best! I couldn't have gotten through my daughters wedding without her.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2017

Love on a Shoestring was easily the best investment we made. After finding out only a few weeks before our wedding that our venue coordinator wouldn't take care of day-of tasks like decorating, working with vendors, transitioning our place card table to a dessert table, etc., we hired Peggy of Love on a Shoestring. Though we came to her at the last minute and she typically works with brides and grooms throughout the planning process, she met with us to get up to speed on our plans, gave us great advice on some important questions we had, and made us feel very at ease. On our wedding day, Peggy professionally worked with all of our vendors to ensure that everything went smoothly, expertly decorated our venue for us (despite unexpected rain and changed plans because of it!) and went so far as to pack up a van with our belongings at the end of the night (our venue required we remove everything from the building by 11 p.m.) She even recruited her husband, Otto, to lend extra help. She was excellent at handling all of the typical wedding-day stresses that come up and went above and beyond our expectations, and we would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a day-of event coordinator or wedding planner.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Love on a Shoe String - Peggy Kilkenny Hecksher Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and Christopher! You had such a great vision and I enjoyed every moment!
    Peggy

Elizabeth · Married on 11/26/2016

I can't say enough about Peggy! I hired Peggy fairly last-minute because of some stressful changes at my venue and she made everything stress free and exciting. I wish I'd have hired her earlier on as I'm sure it would have made the entire experience easier! I highly recommend her. She is kind, calming, and organized and took all my worries away so I could have fun on the wedding day!

Sent on 11/21/2016