Louisiana Castle Reviews

Louisiana Castle View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Katherine K. Married on 10/10/2020

Professional, punctual, organized, fair pricing!

The Louisiana Castle was the perfect fairytale wedding venue! The staff was wonderful and very attentive to our guests!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 08/07/2020

Beautiful venue, the perfect “fairytale” wedding.

The Louisiana castle was everything I hoped for. The grounds and venue were gorgeous. Dolly was great at communication with me through Covid and rescheduling and all. Mary helped tremendously with keeping us on time for the reception. They have many different packages to choose from. We wanted something small but beautiful. So we decided on the princess elopement package and added guests. It was perfect for our small and intimate style. We stayed the night here as well and had the entire castle to ourselves. It was nice not having to rush to a hotel, we got to really take in our day and have some time to ourselves to relax. As cheesy as it sounds it was an actual fairytale wedding dream come true. I will recommend you appoint someone on your day to communicate with the castle staff. Everything was a little rushed when we got there to get dressed and things were getting missed/overlooked. I sent one of my friends to take on this role and it was smooth after that. (The staff had asked prior if I had someone to do this) I had just not planned for someone since it was a small ceremony. Overall it was a wonderful experience, I would highly recommend this one of a kind venue.

Louisiana Castle's reply:

Thank you for the review. I really enjoyed working with you throughout the planning and then replanning because of Covid-19.
    Laura Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful venue and exceptional staff

I’ve attended a wedding here a few years ago and thought the venue was absolutely beautiful. This time I was a member of the bridal party. There can be a difference when you attend something as a guest and when you are involved behind the scenes. This time I saw it from the other side. I cannot say enough how impressed I was with the staff here. The scenery is gorgeous! It’s a castle!!! In the middle of the woods!!! Love the vintage look here, inside and out fits perfectly with the castle theme. But it’s not just the scenery that was beautiful. The staff themselves went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for my best friend’s wedding. They handled every situation that arose with great concern for the bride, making sure her day was special! I was a little worried before arriving, thinking how was I going to make sure everything the bride wanted was in place for the reception and help the bride get ready at the same time! Once I arrived those worries disappeared. As the bride’s brothers and cousin helped unload, the staff jumped into action. The staff made sure every special touch the bride brought was put in place as soon as it arrived. Everything they did to care for the bride, down to the smallest detail, really impressed me. The whole experience was phenomenal!!! I cannot thank Ms. Dolly and Ms. Mary and all the staff enough for everything they did!!!! I will always be grateful for everything they did to make this day special for my best friend! Truly a beautiful day and a beautiful place!!! I would highly recommend anyone looking for a venue different then the ordinary to go see this place!
    Janice Married on 06/23/2018
    I had the perfect wedding ceremony and reception at the Louisiana Castle on 6.23.2018. The owner, Dolly and the manager, Mary were always available and extremely helpful from Day 1 of the planning process. The day of the wedding was even more impressive. The entire staff made my day as the bride so easy. I was relaxed the entire time and everything ran with ease. Trust me, I am not easy to please. I highly recommend having your fairytale wedding here. It will be a day you’ll never forget and you will be very pleased from start to finish!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 04/14/2018

Our perfect day.

Our day went by and was beautiful and fun! All the guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. All of the food was great! If you can, pay the extra to stay overnight in the castle! It was the cherry on top!
    Julie Married on 10/14/2017
    My daughter's wedding was at The Louisiana Castle. I have no words to express the beauty and ease of this venue. It was great working with Mary and Dolly. Great communication to fulfill all of our wishes. The grounds are just exquisite. If you are looking for that "Cinderella" wedding, The Louisiana Castle is the place. The long steps leading out of the castle create a dreamy entrance for the bridal party and the bride. The food was fabulous. I had nothing but rave reviews and compliments from my family and friends. This is not your ordinary venue. Very affordable. CHEERS!!!!
    Sabrina Married on 08/11/2017
    Me and my husband just had our wedding august 11th,2017! Amazing venue and great food! Ms dolly is very responsive and she definitely works with you! They did everything they could to make my wedding everything I wanted it to be and it took a lot of stress off of me and my husband. Our guests absolutely loved the food and loved the sights! The only hiccup was the cakes by the baker. She could've did a waay better job. My husband did a Carolina panthers sign as a cake and it looked like a deformed cat but it didn't stop the show. The cake tasted really good. Nonetheless our wedding was a success and if I could do it over I definitely would with this venue. They have upgraded to the aux cord so you don't have to worry about the cd part. Which definitely made life a whole lot better and easier for us. Thank you Louisiana castle for making our special day the best!
    Shanitra Married on 05/06/2017
    Dolly and her staff are impeccable!! They made our wedding one to remember. From the ceremony to the reception everything was wonderful. Steven Thomas is the greatest decorator of all time. Mary is the greatest coordinator. I can't thank you all enough.
    Linda Married on 12/03/2016
    Very professional, treats wedding party like family, Bride and Groom could not have been more pleased, Dolly, Mary, Steve, cake lady, the entire staff, D.J were awesome the night of the wedding 12/3/16
    Dawn Married on 10/29/2016
    Was extremely pleased with my daughter’s ceremony and reception...everyone had a very nice time!! Awesome staff! Would def recommend Louisiana Castle for an outside wedding!
    Dawn Married on 10/29/2016
    I was very pleased with everything for my daughter’s wedding....outside was beautiful for the ceremony and the reception area was perfect! All had a great time!
    Robert Married on 10/23/2016
    Every brides fairytale wedding is possible at The Louisiana Castle! My bride, now wife, and I were absolutely stunned when coming down the drive the first time. This amazing place is breathtaking and straight out of every young girls dreams. Besides being beautiful, it was the most stress free wedding. All the wedding plans can be taken care of in house. So no worries about the who, when, and where because it's all there. The food is delicious, the cakes were magnificent, the pictures were sensational, and the decorations were absolutely gorgeous. When the bride emerges from the castle doors and the rose petals rain down over her, it is nothing short of mesmerizing. Honestly there is no where else worth your special day more. Did I mention the bride and groom can stay the night with all the castle grounds at their disposal. So make your fairytale come true,like we did, at The Louisiana Castle.
    Robert Married on 10/23/2016
    The wedding for our son was simply fantastic. The Castle is a fairytale place for a wedding (or any event for that matter). From the outdoor ceremony area to the indoor reception area, every detail was on point and simply perfect. The Castle handled everything (flowers, DJ, catering, everything. We just showed up and they took care of all of the details. You won't find anyplace like this in the New Orleans area. Not in value, not in service not in such an unbelievable setting. We highly recommend this venue, you won't be disappointed.
    Sara Married on 04/03/2016
    Mrs. Mary, Mr. Steve and Mrs. Dolly were a pleasure to work with. The venue was beautiful and everyone worked together to ensure my wedding went just as I had imagined. MY day was PERFECT!!!
    Renee Married on 03/20/2016
    The wedding was absolutely beautiful and very organized.the castle event coordinator was very patient and paid close attention to detail.thewhole staff on duty during the event was polite and professional.mary Thomas is the coordinator and you must have her for your event to be successful.i would recommend this venue to anyone.reasonably priced and pretty much all inclusive package.thr bride and groom had no complaints.they spent the night in the castle and had a great time.number one venue in Louisiana.thanks to Mary and her crew.
  • User2566479 2+ years ago
    Louisiana Castle made my wedding absolutely amazing. Everyone was incredibly cooperative and kind, from my initial contact with Dolly to when I worked with Mary on the ceremony details. Dolly and Mary make a point to make everyone happy and make things run smoothly. They are very reasonable people who will do their best to make everything perfect. FYI: the review that says that the venue didn't have their music right is in the wrong. It's stated clearly in the contract that you are to provide your own music. Mary made sure my music played when I wanted it, I had it ready and on a labeled CD.

We also did the overnight stay, the snack box they leave was much welcome since we didn't really have time to eat. The hot tub is amazing-bring your champagne and unwind! The bed and Juliet suite was very clean and well kept.

I highly recommend Louisiana Castle!
    Jill Married on 02/27/2016
    My Mother just had a recent wedding at Louisiana Castle. I did most of the planning and took care of the details. My mother, her new husband and myself could not have been more pleased with everything. We selected the Castle because the price was very reasonable and because so much is included in their package and it reduced the number of vendors that I had to deal with. The prices on the internet are their prices--no hidden charges. The staff was very friendly and polite. Mary, the manager, was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. It is easy to get off track, but Mary, always with a smile on her face, would say, "are you ready to ....." That would be our signal that it was time for the next thing that we planned to do. Even the food servers were "happy workers" because they smiled and seemed to enjoy themselves even though they were working. The cakes (by Ms Tina) were exactly what I wanted and were delicious . The food was delicious (even though I did not eat much) , but my friends and family are still talking about it. It really was "all you eat," and no one went home hungry!

We selected some music we wanted played from their list and made CD's of other music we wanted. The DJ did a great job--she played what we wanted,-- oldies, disco, line dances and of course some current music--something for everyone. That is exactly what we wanted

The Louisiana Castle is beautiful, the staff was excellent and we all had a great time. My Mother keeps thanking me for my help and for selecting the Castle for her special day. She said her wedding day was "Magical" and that she really appreciated the Louisiana Castle's staff for making it a day she will never forget. .
    Camille Married on 12/05/2015
    I have only good things to say about Louisiana Castle! I had a Saturday afternoon reception at the castle and everything went smoothly and as planned. Mary, the coordinator, works with you to make sure you're staying on a timeline so I got to enjoy my time and rely on Mary to tell me when it was time for a dance, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. The food was delicious as well. I had a few guests tell me it was the best food they've ever eaten at a wedding. The castle pckage includes the food, DJ, standard table centerpiece and chair ribbons, and wedding cake. This made everything so easy for me and I didn't have to worry about finding the vendors on my own. I would recommend the castle to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful location that will blow your guests away.
    Ashley Married on 11/12/2015
    Absolutely beautiful venue, we could not have chosen better if we tried. They were very accommodating to our small wedding. We bought the 20 guest package and were thrilled with the outcome. It was perfect. Everyone we were in contact with, the owner Mrs Dolly, and manager's Steve and Mary were so friendly and helpful every step of the way. I was so thrilled to find a venue to include cake, food, decorations, music, and everything we needed for such a great price. We even got to spend the night and "own" the castle for the night. That was very special. I'm so happy we found the Louisiana Castle!
    Sonya Married on 07/26/2015
    Dolly is great to work with. I haven't had my wedding yet but my contacts with her has been a great experience. This was the perfect place after looking at the pictures on the website.
  • User2078366 2+ years ago
    My daughter just got married at the Louisiana Castle and it was so beautiful. The owner and staff do a fabulous job and everything turned out perfect. My daughter told me after that it was more than she could have asked for and just what she wanted. The food was very good and the staff very attentive to our needs and wants. If you want a unique and beautiful wedding this is the place. We truly enjoyed the experience and are so happy that we chose the castle as a place to celebrate the union of our children.
  • Lauree
    Lauree Married on 07/18/2014
    The Louisiana Castle was the best venue for our wedding! My husband and I had met Dolly at a Bridal Show and fell in love with her spunk and zest. Went to visit the place and met Mary Thomas--and we were sold. Mary's son, Steven, did the flowers and accents. Tina Breland, a friend of Dolly's did an amazing job on the cake too! Thank you all for everything.
    Rhonda Married on 05/18/2014
    We were married at the Louisiana Castle on May 18, 2014. The service we received and the professionalism we received was great. We highly recommend this venue to anyone interested in a beautiful wedding. We drove in from New Orleans and we're concerned about the distance but we had over 200 people in attendance. Every one raved at how beautiful it was.
    Antoinette Married on 04/12/2014
    I loved everything....Mrs. Mary was wonderful...I was nervous because I read a few bad reviews...& 2 people I know was married there and they did not give a good review...But for my wedding it was EVERYTHING...& I love the staff...They was VERY PROFESSIONAL...THE FOOD WAS GREAT!!! & I am a VERY PICKY PERSON...BUT OVERALL I GIVE THE CASTLE A 5 star!!! The only thing I think they need a option of having breakfast in the morning if u are staying over night...Even though you may have left over food from the reception...I think they should offer breakfast when u are filling out the form because you are paying 300+ extra to stay...& I think the reception hours should last a lil longer...But I loved the castle!!!