Louisiana Castle Reviews

Louisiana Castle 1
Louisiana Castle 2
Louisiana Castle 3

Janice · Married on 06/23/2018

I had the perfect wedding ceremony and reception at the Louisiana Castle on 6.23.2018. The owner, Dolly and the manager, Mary were always available and extremely helpful from Day 1 of the planning process. The day of the wedding was even more impressive. The entire staff made my day as the bride so easy. I was relaxed the entire time and everything ran with ease. Trust me, I am not easy to please. I highly recommend having your fairytale wedding here. It will be a day you’ll never forget and you will be very pleased from start to finish!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

My daughter's wedding was at The Louisiana Castle. I have no words to express the beauty and ease of this venue. It was great working with Mary and Dolly. Great communication to fulfill all of our wishes. The grounds are just exquisite. If you are looking for that "Cinderella" wedding, The Louisiana Castle is the place. The long steps leading out of the castle create a dreamy entrance for the bridal party and the bride. The food was fabulous. I had nothing but rave reviews and compliments from my family and friends. This is not your ordinary venue. Very affordable. CHEERS!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Sabrina · Married on 08/11/2017

Me and my husband just had our wedding august 11th,2017! Amazing venue and great food! Ms dolly is very responsive and she definitely works with you! They did everything they could to make my wedding everything I wanted it to be and it took a lot of stress off of me and my husband. Our guests absolutely loved the food and loved the sights! The only hiccup was the cakes by the baker. She could've did a waay better job. My husband did a Carolina panthers sign as a cake and it looked like a deformed cat but it didn't stop the show. The cake tasted really good. Nonetheless our wedding was a success and if I could do it over I definitely would with this venue. They have upgraded to the aux cord so you don't have to worry about the cd part. Which definitely made life a whole lot better and easier for us. Thank you Louisiana castle for making our special day the best!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Shanitra · Married on 05/06/2017

Dolly and her staff are impeccable!! They made our wedding one to remember. From the ceremony to the reception everything was wonderful. Steven Thomas is the greatest decorator of all time. Mary is the greatest coordinator. I can't thank you all enough.

Sent on 06/01/2017

LINDA · Married on 12/03/2016

Very professional, treats wedding party like family, Bride and Groom could not have been more pleased, Dolly, Mary, Steve, cake lady, the entire staff, D.J were awesome the night of the wedding 12/3/16

Sent on 09/07/2017

Dawn · Married on 10/29/2016

Was extremely pleased with my daughter’s ceremony and reception...everyone had a very nice time!! Awesome staff! Would def recommend Louisiana Castle for an outside wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Louisiana Castle 4
    Louisiana Castle 5

Dawn · Married on 10/29/2016

I was very pleased with everything for my daughter’s wedding....outside was beautiful for the ceremony and the reception area was perfect! All had a great time!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Robert · Married on 10/23/2016

Every brides fairytale wedding is possible at The Louisiana Castle! My bride, now wife, and I were absolutely stunned when coming down the drive the first time. This amazing place is breathtaking and straight out of every young girls dreams. Besides being beautiful, it was the most stress free wedding. All the wedding plans can be taken care of in house. So no worries about the who, when, and where because it's all there. The food is delicious, the cakes were magnificent, the pictures were sensational, and the decorations were absolutely gorgeous. When the bride emerges from the castle doors and the rose petals rain down over her, it is nothing short of mesmerizing. Honestly there is no where else worth your special day more. Did I mention the bride and groom can stay the night with all the castle grounds at their disposal. So make your fairytale come true,like we did, at The Louisiana Castle.

Sent on 08/01/2017

robert · Married on 10/23/2016

The wedding for our son was simply fantastic. The Castle is a fairytale place for a wedding (or any event for that matter). From the outdoor ceremony area to the indoor reception area, every detail was on point and simply perfect. The Castle handled everything (flowers, DJ, catering, everything. We just showed up and they took care of all of the details. You won't find anyplace like this in the New Orleans area. Not in value, not in service not in such an unbelievable setting. We highly recommend this venue, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Sara · Married on 04/03/2016

Mrs. Mary, Mr. Steve and Mrs. Dolly were a pleasure to work with. The venue was beautiful and everyone worked together to ensure my wedding went just as I had imagined. MY day was PERFECT!!!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Renee · Married on 03/20/2016

The wedding was absolutely beautiful and very organized.the castle event coordinator was very patient and paid close attention to detail.thewhole staff on duty during the event was polite and professional.mary Thomas is the coordinator and you must have her for your event to be successful.i would recommend this venue to anyone.reasonably priced and pretty much all inclusive package.thr bride and groom had no complaints.they spent the night in the castle and had a great time.number one venue in Louisiana.thanks to Mary and her crew.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Louisiana Castle made my wedding absolutely amazing. Everyone was incredibly cooperative and kind, from my initial contact with Dolly to when I worked with Mary on the ceremony details. Dolly and Mary make a point to make everyone happy and make things run smoothly. They are very reasonable people who will do their best to make everything perfect. FYI: the review that says that the venue didn't have their music right is in the wrong. It's stated clearly in the contract that you are to provide your own music. Mary made sure my music played when I wanted it, I had it ready and on a labeled CD.

We also did the overnight stay, the snack box they leave was much welcome since we didn't really have time to eat. The hot tub is amazing-bring your champagne and unwind! The bed and Juliet suite was very clean and well kept.

I highly recommend Louisiana Castle!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Jill · Married on 02/27/2016

My Mother just had a recent wedding at Louisiana Castle. I did most of the planning and took care of the details. My mother, her new husband and myself could not have been more pleased with everything. We selected the Castle because the price was very reasonable and because so much is included in their package and it reduced the number of vendors that I had to deal with. The prices on the internet are their prices--no hidden charges. The staff was very friendly and polite. Mary, the manager, was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. It is easy to get off track, but Mary, always with a smile on her face, would say, "are you ready to ....." That would be our signal that it was time for the next thing that we planned to do. Even the food servers were "happy workers" because they smiled and seemed to enjoy themselves even though they were working. The cakes (by Ms Tina) were exactly what I wanted and were delicious . The food was delicious (even though I did not eat much) , but my friends and family are still talking about it. It really was "all you eat," and no one went home hungry!

We selected some music we wanted played from their list and made CD's of other music we wanted. The DJ did a great job--she played what we wanted,-- oldies, disco, line dances and of course some current music--something for everyone. That is exactly what we wanted

The Louisiana Castle is beautiful, the staff was excellent and we all had a great time. My Mother keeps thanking me for my help and for selecting the Castle for her special day. She said her wedding day was "Magical" and that she really appreciated the Louisiana Castle's staff for making it a day she will never forget. .

Sent on 03/21/2016

Camille · Married on 12/05/2015

I have only good things to say about Louisiana Castle! I had a Saturday afternoon reception at the castle and everything went smoothly and as planned. Mary, the coordinator, works with you to make sure you're staying on a timeline so I got to enjoy my time and rely on Mary to tell me when it was time for a dance, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. The food was delicious as well. I had a few guests tell me it was the best food they've ever eaten at a wedding. The castle pckage includes the food, DJ, standard table centerpiece and chair ribbons, and wedding cake. This made everything so easy for me and I didn't have to worry about finding the vendors on my own. I would recommend the castle to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful location that will blow your guests away.

Sent on 03/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2015

Absolutely beautiful venue, we could not have chosen better if we tried. They were very accommodating to our small wedding. We bought the 20 guest package and were thrilled with the outcome. It was perfect. Everyone we were in contact with, the owner Mrs Dolly, and manager's Steve and Mary were so friendly and helpful every step of the way. I was so thrilled to find a venue to include cake, food, decorations, music, and everything we needed for such a great price. We even got to spend the night and "own" the castle for the night. That was very special. I'm so happy we found the Louisiana Castle!

Sent on 03/12/2016

Sonya · Married on 07/26/2015

Dolly is great to work with. I haven't had my wedding yet but my contacts with her has been a great experience. This was the perfect place after looking at the pictures on the website.

Sent on 09/12/2014

My daughter just got married at the Louisiana Castle and it was so beautiful. The owner and staff do a fabulous job and everything turned out perfect. My daughter told me after that it was more than she could have asked for and just what she wanted. The food was very good and the staff very attentive to our needs and wants. If you want a unique and beautiful wedding this is the place. We truly enjoyed the experience and are so happy that we chose the castle as a place to celebrate the union of our children.

Sent on 03/26/2015
  • Lauree

Lauree · Married on 07/18/2014

The Louisiana Castle was the best venue for our wedding! My husband and I had met Dolly at a Bridal Show and fell in love with her spunk and zest. Went to visit the place and met Mary Thomas--and we were sold. Mary's son, Steven, did the flowers and accents. Tina Breland, a friend of Dolly's did an amazing job on the cake too! Thank you all for everything.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Rhonda · Married on 05/18/2014

We were married at the Louisiana Castle on May 18, 2014. The service we received and the professionalism we received was great. We highly recommend this venue to anyone interested in a beautiful wedding. We drove in from New Orleans and we're concerned about the distance but we had over 200 people in attendance. Every one raved at how beautiful it was.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Antoinette · Married on 04/12/2014

I loved everything....Mrs. Mary was wonderful...I was nervous because I read a few bad reviews...& 2 people I know was married there and they did not give a good review...But for my wedding it was EVERYTHING...& I love the staff...They was VERY PROFESSIONAL...THE FOOD WAS GREAT!!! & I am a VERY PICKY PERSON...BUT OVERALL I GIVE THE CASTLE A 5 star!!! The only thing I think they need a option of having breakfast in the morning if u are staying over night...Even though you may have left over food from the reception...I think they should offer breakfast when u are filling out the form because you are paying 300+ extra to stay...& I think the reception hours should last a lil longer...But I loved the castle!!!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2013

Beautiful and unique venue! Loved the service

Sent on 12/15/2013

Tina · Married on 06/15/2013

I would recommend the castle to any bride. They made my day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Brittany · Married on 02/24/2013

The whole day was FABULOUS!! The staff were extra kind and made sure all of my needs and wants were addressed. They never complained and went out of their way to make sure my wedding was perfect. Thank you to everyone involved in making my day perfect at the Castle. Secondly the grounds, the decorations, and the whole wedding was perfect. I had the prettiest wedding and the food (which is catered by the Castle was THE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER TRIED).. I had the time of my life at my wedding and I have the castle to thank for that!!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Dana · Married on 03/17/2012

The staff at the Castle were so easy to work with. Everything ran smoothly. All the guests said how much fun they had and really loved how unique the venue was.

Sent on 06/19/2012