Lou Stevens Reviews

Lou Stevens 6
Lou Stevens 7

Mary Ellen Yeatts · Getting married on 03/04/2021

A Day at The Weyanoke with Glam Squad

Amanda and her team were a perfect pairing for our wedding! Amanda met with the bride prior to the special day in order to create the beautiful wedding hair. She colored the bride's hair and worked with no effort to add extensions for the bride. When it came to the wedding morning, she and her team arrived ready to go straight to work. It was unbelievable to watch how efficiently they worked together wasting no time. Everyone was beautiful. So many guests have raved about all of the hair and makeup. Amanda even took special time to add a few curls into the flower girls' hair which was not planned. The team even took it in stride when the bride realized that she did not have the cuflinks that she had purchased as a gift for her soon to be new husband. As the bride was having an upsetting moment and had the hotel valets looking in three vehicles, Amanda and her team did not miss a beat! They were a calming force in what could have been a potential disaster on a wedding morning. Everyone was ready in ample time to get to the altar. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this experience! Lou Stevens Glam Squad can't be beaten.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Broen · Married on 10/13/2019

Highly recommend!

Mallory was fantastic to work with on my wedding day! She achieved exactly the look I was aiming for, and she was so easy-going, talented, and flexible. I will say as a tip for other brides - I originally wasn’t planning on doing a “preview” of the hair and makeup I wanted done because of the extra cost, but I decided to add that a few weeks before my wedding. I was really glad I did - the preview was a good chance for her to get to know how my hair would respond and to implement all my feedback effortlessly on the wedding day. I didn’t have to give her any notes the day of because she knew exactly what I was looking for, so I just got to sit back and feel pretty on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Grace

Grace Mueller · Married on 08/31/2019

The perfect makeup for me!

I am VERY picky about makeup, because I almost never wear it -- so the whole idea of doing makeup for my wedding was very stressful. My biggest fear is that my makeup would be overdone and I wouldn't feel like myself. Well I'm happy to say, the Glam Squad was AMAZING! The makeup was perfect for me, it made me feel gorgeous and pretty without being overdone. It was natural and beautiful and the hair was absolutely to die for. I'm so thankful for hair and makeup that allowed me to feel comfortable and to feel like ME on my wedding day! Thank you Glam Squad!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 08/17/2019

Glam Squad - The Best Team!

I had the pleasure of having Lou Stevens herself and Mallory do our hair/makeup on my wedding day. No trial needed, I knew they could nail my look with a few inspirational photos. They created a schedule that was honest with the anticipated timeline and we were ON TIME and FLAWLESS. It was everyone’s first time with airbrush and the magnetic lashes, and we were all in love. The lashes were quite difficult to remove as expected, so just bring makeup remover with oil!! They were professional and fun to get ready with. They happily touched up a few of us, and Lou even customized my own lip color after describing a mauve that I don’t think exists elsewhere! I paid the travel fee, and very thankful no one had to worry about travel logistics - worth every penny. I did my research on similar services in the area but the reviews helped me make a decision. They were a little high on budget, but it’s worth it! I let the ladies know the services were optional, but the wedding party happily took advantage of it! THANK YOU LOU AND MALLORY!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Lizzy

Lizzy · Married on 08/03/2019

Perfection!

Between my mom, my 8 bridesmaids, and myself, Lou Stevens Glam Squad did a perfect job. Everyone wanted a very simple, natural look, and the Lou Stevens team nailed it. We looked exactly how we wanted to look. They couldn’t have done a better job!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Christine

Christine Martin · Married on 01/06/2019

Excellent, I would highly recommend

I used Glam Squad for my wedding last Saturday and I couldn't be more happy that we chose them. What a great group of talented women, who give you the best possible experience. My girls had an absolute blast getting glammed up on the big day! The team is so accommodating, professional and talented. I love that they offer a bridal preview session to make sure you are comfortable with your look before your big day! I couldn't think of one complaint if I tried, this was a 5 star experience from the first point of contact, all the way through until my wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 11/03/2018

Dena and Sydney were wonderful!

I cannot thank Dena and Sydney enough for the wonderful job they did for my wedding. Dena did everyone's hair plus my makeup. I will admit that I was really nervous about hair and makeup when it came to my wedding. I didn't know what I wanted and didn't know what would actually look good on me. When I had my trial with Dena, she was so sweet and patient and asked me a ton of questions to get an idea of what I wanted. Then she tried a couple of styles so I could see how they'd look. We quickly found one that actually worked on me. And she has great instincts when it came to my makeup. I absolutely loved working with her. She has such a calming presence and excellent style.

Sydney did the makeup for my bridal party and hit it off with everyone. While I only had 4 bridesmaids they all had very different tastes and comfort levels. Sydney managed to capture an individual look for all of them. She was also super fun and fit right in to the relatively chill atmosphere we had going on that day.

This was such a great pair of stylists to work with. I loved them and highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Lee · Married on 10/20/2018

natural + organic perfection

Worked with Jane from Lou Stevens and she did such an amazing job with hair & makeup for me and my bridesmaids. Going into the wedding I was a bit picky. I don't wear lots of makeup and wanted something very soft and organic looking with my hair. Many of the styles I chose for inspiration were not great with my hair type. Jane was patient and helpful in creating something that achieved the look I was going for while working with my hair type. The updo was VERY secure and lasted all night. Thank you Jane!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie Lapinski · Married on 10/13/2018

Great wedding makeup

I used Glam Squad on my wedding day and they did an amazing job on everyone’s hair and makeup! There was no rush, everything looked gorgeous and they were super calm and organized. I loved working with them and creating my wedding day look!

Sent on 10/18/2018

melissa · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Lou Stevens Glam Squad! I found them through a friend who is a photographer (who also had nothing but good things to say about them) – after booking them for my wedding, I started to go to them for color and haircuts too! I wanted a salon that could get to know myself and my hair prior to the day of my wedding (plus they give you 15% off your first visit)! Sandy is amazing – I LOVED my wedding updo and my girls also loved theirs as well! Huge shout out to Sandy, Sydney, Devin, and Amanda for making us feel so glamours. I fell in love with the salon, space, and staff. They made my wedding day so fun and relaxing - my bridesmaids loved getting ready at the salon and we even got done with our hair earlier than scheduled! We were able to bring in food, drinks, and play music all morning long. The squad makes the booking process so easy and their prices are super reasonable (I must have looked at 5-10 salons, prior to finding the Glam Squad). If you haven’t found a salon yet for your wedding – you should 100% book them – like right now!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

Jane was amazing!!!

I had the pleasure to work with Jane from Lou Stevens Glam Squad. She was friendly and great at her job. She was receptive to my changes and we made a change in my hairstyle on the day of the wedding and she made it work in minutes! She was absolutely wonderful and supportive. Thank you Lou Stevens Glam Squad!

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Lou Stevens 8
    Lou Stevens 9
    Lou Stevens 10

Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2018

Lou Stevens did a beautiful job on my wedding hair and makeup! I usually worry that professional makeup will look unnatural or too dramatic, but they were able to capture the look I wanted perfectly. I loved that they were able to come to our bridal suite on my wedding day to do my hair/makeup as well as my bridesmaids. They were very prompt and responsive to my questions too.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Shelley · Married on 11/11/2017

I had a great experience with Glam Squad! While they are a bit pricier than some of the other make-up and hair options, you really get what you pay for! Mallory and Tai were the on-site make-up and hairstylists for my 11/11/17 wedding at Fairview Farm. We had a total of 7 ladies getting hair and make-up done. They really worked well together to keep everyone on schedule. They were very professional and organized. They listened to exactly what each girl wanted and made sure we were 100% happy with our looks. I’m so glad I booked Glam Squad for our wedding! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

The Glam Squad Team was absolutely amazing. We used their on-location services, and they did such a wonderful job with hair and makeup for my bridal party. Dana Keeton was excellent, and worked with me for months before my wedding to ensure I would have my dream look for my wedding. I fully intend to continue going to Dana for my hair/makeup services, and would recommend Lou Stevens Glam Squad to anyone.

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Lou Stevens 11
    Lou Stevens 12
    Lou Stevens 13
    Lou Stevens 14

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

I don't wear tons of makeup and my hair isn't very thick. I found myself worried that I would look too dolled up or that my hair would be too teased on my wedding day and that I wouldn't look like myself. A few weeks before the big day, Lou and I chatted on the phone and she helped guide me to a hair and makeup style that would work for me and communicated the direction to my day-of stylists. On the morning of our wedding, Tomeka did an amazing job on my hair and Khilia did a flawless job on my makeup. I felt so comfortable and confident all night and got so many compliments on how beautiful I looked. My mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids were also very pleased with their hair and makeup as well! I love that they came to us on site and that they were an all-in-one package. It made it so easy and stress free not to have to go somewhere that morning or to have to book multiple vendors for our hair and makeup. I would highly recommend them to any bride in the Richmond area.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

I had a great experience with the Glam Squad - especially with Dana Keeton, one of their stylists. I had a huge wedding party (almost 15 people with the mothers included) and we knew we needed a team to get it done in time for my 2pm wedding. They finished with plenty of time for extra pictures and touch ups. They even had a formal excel spreadsheet with timing for each girl and it made all of the difference - they were so organized and it was really a relief and calmed me down on my wedding day. Dana was also AMAZING and we played with several different hair styles and make up techniques during my trial. I ended up buying different hair pieces after our initial hair trial because we basically realized my hair was too thin for what I wanted - and her guidance was SO appreciated! Plus, Dana is such a doll and sweetheart and patient with a needy bride like me! She takes a bunch of pictures at your trial from all angles to make sure it's exactly what you want- and sends them to you so that you can review after the trial and think everything over before the wedding. Having her throughout the process made life so much easier :) I would definitely recommend using the Glam Squad, especially Dana.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Amber · Married on 08/20/2017

I hired Glam Squad to do my hair and makeup for my wedding and thought they did such an amazing job. I couldn't have been happier with Kaitlyn's work. She was timely, professional, and is truly gifted at what she does. She did my hair and makeup, the MOG and MOB's hair and makeup, one bridesmaid's hair, and one bridesmaids makeup. Everyone was so pleased with how everything turned out. Kaitlyn was on schedule the entire morning and fulfilled each of our desires perfectly. She took each of our ideas and brought them to life. Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all day and throughout the reception. I would highly recommend using Glam Squad for your wedding day. Thank you so much for your work , Kaitlyn!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Gail · Married on 06/03/2017

Mallory did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! When I came in for a consult she gave me great advice on what would look good on me! She also styled hair and makeup for my 2 bridesmaids. We loved having her share the time we spent getting ready. She is such fun to be around and does the most amazing job! I love this company and their attention to detail. Treating every bride so special!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/08/2017

The team from Glam Squad was fantastic! I'm so happy that we spent the money for all the girls to have hair and makeup done. It was stress-free, they came to us and they were very diligent about making sure that we were on time. I loved being able to come in to do a dry-run for my bridal hair and makeup - we all looked awesome! Thanks to Kaitlyn and team!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Patty · Married on 11/05/2016

From the engagement photos, bridal portraits, and the wedding day I am in awe of their skills. Mallory Stevens was a true artist at my daughter's engagement photo session. Not only the makeup but also the hair styling! To have those 2 gifts bestowed on my daughter was just priceless. Mallory had a repeat performance at my daughter, Christina's bridal portraits! Just when you think you've seen the best, Mallory delivered for a third time at the wedding! Also at wedding was stylist Janelle who executed to perfection the hair styles we requested. I have been so impressed by this team of professionals!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Lou Stevens's reply:

Thanks so much Patty, I know Malory LOVED working with you and your daughter!! Thanks again for allowing us to be a part of the big day!!
    xoxo The Glam Squad!!
  • Britt

Brittany · Married on 10/22/2016

My updo is probably the best updo I've seen on brides. I had Lou for my hair and makeup, and both came out looking amazing!! I went dramatic and Lou adjusted things as we went, or rather as my mind changed, she's lovely! :)

Sent on 10/24/2016

Lou Stevens's reply:

Thanks Britt!!! I have seen pics of your style this past weekend and I too am IN LOVE!!!!! Structured simple styles like yours are classic and timeless! Great choice!

Jenny · Married on 10/10/2016

Lou Stevens & her girls did my hair for engagement photos AND for the wedding day- I couldn't have been happier with my hair!! For the engagement session, I really wanted something unique and a little trendy. they worked with me to make it happen. On the wedding day, all of my bridesmaids loved their hair, and my curls lasted the entire reception, which is a miracle. The best part of working with Lou and her girls is that they are FUN; you will feel like part of the family!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Carolyn · Married on 10/08/2016

Hurricane Matthew made a surprise appearance during our North Carolina wedding and tried it’s best to ruin the day, but thanks to amazing vendors like Lou Steven’s Glam Squad we still had the best day!

Lou and her team stayed calm and kept all of the bridal party calm and happy while the wedding plans erupted around us - the band cancelled, the florist wasn’t sure she’d be able to get the flowers to the reception, the church was losing power - it was total insanity as my planner fielded calls and my mom freaked out. The Glam Squad never batted an eye!

They were total professionals - even when WE lost power! They still had to do makeup for two bridesmaids and did just that, finished up the bridesmaids with no power in bad lighting, and the bridesmaids still looked phenomenal. You could not tell which bridesmaids didn’t get airbrush done!

Through all the craziness of the day and night, we looked awesome. The hair withstood hurricane rain, wind, and humidity, and everyone’s makeup looked beautiful. This would have been an amazing 5 stars job on a normal day, but what they accomplished in the middle of a hurricane was nothing short of heroic!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Alison · Married on 07/16/2016

I am so incredibly happy that I was able to work with the Lou Stevens Glam Squad for my wedding! I had been a part of a wedding in 2015 that also had these talented women helping to make the bridal party beautiful, and knew that if they were available, they were who I wanted to work with for my hair and make-up for my wedding! I loved that they were willing to travel outside of the Richmond area for my wedding (for a small travel fee), and that they were so easy to work with! Kaitlyn, the person who responds to your initial contact, sets up the preliminary questionnaire, and helps to set up the scheduling and timeline for your big day, was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with! She was incredibly responsive and always able to answer any questions that I had. I had initially requested to work with one of the senior stylists, but she was no longer going to be with the company by the time of my wedding, so they upgraded me to Amanda, one of the Master stylists for no additional charge. I was nervous about this switch, but Amanda called me and answered the questions that I had, we set up a trial, and it was FANTASTIC! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and is so incredibly talented! She completely put me at ease and I knew she was going to help me look exactly how I wanted to on my big day. During the trial, she too pictures throughout the process of the final hair and make-up that I settled on, so she had a reminder and template to work from the day of the wedding. All seven of my bridesmaids had their hair done, by Amanda and the lovely Taylor, and they all looked gorgeous! Both Amanda and Taylor listened to what my girls wanted and asked them questions about styling decisions along the way so everyone could be involved and really have the style that they wanted. Even though there were eight of us, we never felt rushed or pressed for time, thanks to being able to work closely with Kaitlyn about the timeline for our wedding. The Glam Squad is an absolute must!!!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Lou Stevens's reply:

Thank you so much Allison!!!! I love reading this, warms my heart! I had the best time with you and the ladies and I know Taylor did too. We talked about it the whole way home!! Best of luck to you with your marriage and I cant wait to see those pics! xoxo Amanda

Lori · Married on 07/09/2016

We had Jane from the glam squad this past weekend do my daughter's hair and make-up along with mine and sisters for her wedding. She was nothing less than amazing. The quality, professionalism and expertise were the absolute best. Everyone was so pleased with the results. So VERY glad I found Lou Stevens Glam Squad and Jane!!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Lou Stevens's reply:

Thank you so much!! I spoke with Jane after your wedding and she couldn't stop talking about how much she enjoyed being with y'all too!!!