12 Reviews for Los Primos: Romantic and Festive Wedding Music

We had our wedding at Los Poblanos, and they recommended Los Primos for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music. I've never been a fan of the mariachi bands I grew up seeing at various restaurants, so I was skeptical. But the music wasn't my area - it was up to my then fiance and my dad. They went with Los Primos, and it was a decision I'm glad I had no control over because I'm so, so happy they disagreed with me and booked them.

Los Primos is a traditional version of the mariachi band - a trios romanticos. And they really came through on the name. They gave the ceremony a really romantic vibe that I couldn't have gotten anywhere else.

I only gave them a few directions (please no Cannon in D for my procession!), and left everything else up to the band. They chose all the music, and it was all amazing. Guests LOVED them, and it gave it a little bit more of the authentic New Mexico feel.

Profile Picture Frances, 11/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Los Primos played during dinner at our wedding and, simply put, they were amazing!! I'm a native New Mexican and wanted a taste of NM without going overboard and Los Primos was perfect. Their selection of songs was great (oldies, rancheras, etc.), and they even played requests. Our guests loved them, too, and we still get compliments about them. The only complaint I had--and it is minor--is that there wasn't a lot of communication prior to my event. It turned out to be okay, though, because they ended up not needing any direction from me (unlike a few of my other vendors..............). All that said, if you are considering hiring them you will not be disappointed. They were very professional and the entertaining...what more could you want?

Profile Picture Leah , 9/17/11, 15 Reviews
Category: Band, Entertainer

Trio Los Primos totally set the mood for our rehearsal mixer and made it so special. The music was perfect and they are so professional and kind. So happy we had them!

Profile Picture Carmen, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

Everything with Los Primos was perfect! Flexibility didn't receive 5/5 stars only because it was hard to go and see them peform before the wedding due to schedule and that had to do with the both of us - they were busy because they're so amazing and I was planning from another state.

Overall we were amazed and so happy with their performance and we had such a special reception because they were a part of it! This is for sure the way to go if you want something classy, beautiful, and different than hiring a dj, they were great musicians and took requests that everyone loved. Thank you Los Primos for everything!

Profile Picture Crystal , 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired Los Primos to play at our wedding based on a recommendation. They did not disappoint! Juan was not just easy to work with...he was fun to work with and extremely professional. He honored everything that was important to us during the wedding. We had enough to worry about during our wedding...and hiring Los Primos was one thing we didn't need to worry about. Music is extremely important to my wife and I....and we loved their music and their interpretations of the songs we requested.

Profile Picture Scott, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Los Primos did an amazing job. The music was beautiful and fit perfectly at our wedding reception. The quartet did a masterful job of not only choosing much of the music but also interacting with the bride, groom and guests at all tables in the selection of songs. The rapport the band had with the guests was great. I didn't expect much dancing at the reception (there really was not sufficient space for a dancefloor) but Los Primos had people looking for any open area to dance. From the first time I spoke to Juan Lucero through my wedding reception, Juan and the other members of the band were professional, attentive, accessible and flexible. I highly recommend Los Primos and would happily use them again.

Thank you Los Primos!

Chris and Veronica

Profile Picture Chris, 4/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Los Primos is wonderful! More than wonderful, they are fantastic!! They were extremely professional, warm and approachable, very very talented and just "wow"ed every single person there. I have never heard as many raves as I heard that night from my guests. Los Primos was their favorite part of the evening and many people wanted their contact information for future bookings. It's hard to explain the magical atmosphere that they created. They touched every one individually and all as a group. They are FABULOUS! I do not recommend anything or anyone lightly - but it is without hesitation that I highly highly highly recommend Los Primos!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Band

Juan Lucero and his bandmates are professional and courteous. While Juan was sometimes difficult to get in touch with, he was always responsive as soon as he received my message. Los Primos provided excellent entertainment for the guests at my wedding, even playing a special song for my wife's family, bringing her mother and aunts to tears. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Charles, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Los Primos was wonderful. They provided the traditional Spanish flare we needed while playing the modern music we wanted. We had specific songs that we wanted and Los Primos learned the music by listening to the CD and prepared arrangements that were perfect for our ceremony and reception.

We are both very demanding and Los Primos was prompt, reliable and reasonably priced. When the power went out during one portion of the ceremony they were able to roll with the punches and keep the music on track.

If you are looking for the sound of a romantic trio you will not find a more talented group.

Profile Picture Robert, 3/20/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

They were wonderful!!!! Right after the wedding ceremony, the cathedral bells rang and Los Primos began to play. It was the beginning of a wonderful celebration.What a special touch! I would highly recommend Los Primos for any type of celebration. Very professional and comments received were outstanding. This was one of the best gifts we could have given our daughter.

Profile Picture yvonne, 10/3/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Los Primos provided excellent entertainment for our wedding. There was a little bit of phone tag, but once we connected, they provided superior customer service. All of our guests were impressed with their performance and they welcomed any request our guests had. Los Primos arrived on time and played the entire time we had hired them for. We would definately hire them again in the future.

Profile Picture Justin, 10/2/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Music was on time and my traditions on my wedding was 1 of the most important things that evening

Profile Picture alma, 8/2/09, 4 Reviews