Albuquerque, NM 87106 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9

About Cello for Weddings

My name is Ryan Smith and my one-person musical act is Cello for Weddings, Events, and Ambience. I am happy to say I am one of the most popular wedding musicians/groups in the state!

I have a unique approach to wedding music in that my live cello is accompanied by recordings I arrange, record, and create in my home studio. The result brings beautiful sound and sweet emotion to weddings all throughout New Mexico!

To get a feel for the sound of my music, visit my website at www.ryansmithcellomusic.com.

I have a long list of modern wedding favorites, Classical and (by request Traditional wedding favorites like Canon in D, Here Comes the Bride.). To make it easy for couples to choose their favorite styles and/or songs I play, I provide a link to all my recordings and an organized planning guide.

The whole goal is to make it fun and easy for you, yet super customizable to your musical tastes! The playlists often blend Classical music with popular songs, but I can play an entire ceremony (and cocktail hour) in either style if you'd like. I take all of your inputs into account as I choose a playlist for your wedding and reception. With that being said, I am able to choose songs in the moment to enhance your wedding Prelude.

I am rain-ready and use a fully battery-powered speaker, which means I can play (and be heard) at any venue!

------

My wedding music package is the full package.

• Prelude - music begins 45 minutes before ceremony start
  • Processional - with professional planning support and/or advice from me to create lovely moments
  • Interlude - background music for sand/wine ceremony, prayer, or similar
  • Recessional
  • Postlude - 5 to 10 minutes of music afterwards as you and your guests transition
  • Unlimited communication so the music is planned to your level of detail and you are comfortable with the plan
  • $500

Add-on services include:

• Cocktail hour and/or reception dinner music: $100
  • Custom songs by request (any genre):
    • First song is $100
    • Additional songs are $200 each

If you have questions, please feel free to call or email! I'll be glad to talk to you about your wedding music ideas, or answer questions about my services.

Awards/Recognition:

Perfect Wedding Guide Elite Award Winner 2018: "New Mexico's Best Wedding Ceremony Musician"

Preferred Vendor of Perfect Wedding Guide of NM, Lauren Cherie Photography, Nature Pointe Weddings & Events, Casa Perea Art Space, Angel Fire Resorts, and many more..

Follow Cello for Weddings on

ryan 9 51 1000692
Setting the mood
2018 Elite Award - Best Live Ceremony Musicians, voted by New Mexico brides and grooms
Captured Moments

Cello for Weddings 1
Cello for Weddings 2
Cello for Weddings 3

Marcus · Married on 03/17/2018

Our experience with Ryan was absolutely fantastic! He was incredibly professional and did a fantastic job playing during the ceremony (April 2018 in Albuquerque NM). We really appreciate his willingness to work with us and play a lot of music that isn't typical for weddings including preparing and playing a song he had never heard before our initial request. His services helped make for a beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Cello for Weddings 4
    Cello for Weddings 5

emily · Married on 06/03/2017

Ryan played beautifully at our wedding in Denver. He was on time, courteous, and worked with us on pieces for our wedding ceremony. I would recommend him for any occasion!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Amy · Married on 09/04/2015

Ryan was the cellist for my Denver wedding in September of 2015. The wedding was held at a museum on an outdoor terrace and it was a beautiful early fall day. Ryan's presence sealed the deal and made the wedding feel so elegant and enchanting--his music entertained and delighted antsy guests before the ceremony. :) Not only was Ryan extremely talented but he was very reliable and personable. The wedding was a magical day and Ryan's presence was part of that special energy. Highly recommend Ryan for future weddings!

Sent on 03/06/2018
    Cello for Weddings 6

Cello for Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Orchestra, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Harp, Piano, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sound/PA System