Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear Reviews

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 4
Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 5

Nathan Holmer · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Professional and Flexible

Working with Vince and Vince Jr. was an easy and overall a great experience. They accommodated my rather large order (13 suits in total) seamlessly. They provided flexible purchase/rental combinations. For those out of town, they made sure that their suits fit accordingly and made adjustments as needed. The quality of the suits is fantastic and overall, the cost per suit (whether purchase or rental) was far below that of some of the bigger chain stores. I would most certainly recommend checking out Lorenzo's when making your suit/tux vendor decision.

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 6
    Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Schubert · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Amazing Quality and Customer Service

I happened upon Lorenzo's when I was looking for a tailor for my wedding suit and boy was I impressed. Everything from the fit and finish of my custom suit to the outstanding customer service I received was a cut above any of the other half-dozen tailors I visited in the Chicago area. They truly treat you like family and ensure that all of your requirements, no matter how difficult, are met. It's a testament to how committed they are to their craft and to your happiness.

There is also quite a bit to be said about the value you get for your money. They absolutely do not cut corners with their suits. The custom suit I made together with Vince Jr. would have cost me almost double at any other tailor I visited. The material quality and the amount of customization they provided are akin to high-end shops you might find in Rodeo Drive.

I will continue to recommend Lorenzo's to anyone who asks.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 10/11/2019

Super friendly and easy to work with

My fiance and I found Lorenzo's through our DJ company and we couldn't be happier with choosing them for our tuxes. They worked with us to make sure the colors were just what we wanted and that every guy in our party looked their very best. Every guy in our party talked about how comfortable the suits were and we were very happy with how friendly and enjoyable they made the expereince.

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 7
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 8
    Sent on 11/02/2019

Bobby Drager · Married on 09/28/2019

Awesome job!

Vince Jr. and his Dad did a great job for my wedding. I had a total of 12 tuxedos and everything worked out well. Any sizing issues were handled within 1 day and they even did some of the alterations there. Cost wise, they were cheaper than most in the area. I didn't get any quotes that were lower. The quality was second to none, we got complements the whole night! I highly recommend working with Lorenzo's for your wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Marcos Carbajal · Married on 09/19/2019

Amazing customer service!

Great customer service! Also helped me find my perfect suit. Everyone there was so helpful and friendly. Definitely going back for future business!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 09/14/2019

The best experience...ever!!

Lorenzo's is fabulous! Family owned and operated and Vince Sr. and Jr. are just wonderful. They are like family to us! My husband was looking for a specific grey tux for our wedding day. Finally after looking high and low, Lorenzo's was able to find the perfect color that my husband fell in love with. Our groomsmen were very easy as we went with a style, and we chose black...but my husband had a certain dark grey. The tie styles that they assisted us with in the store were wonderful as well. After everything came together and we saw everything on our wedding day...it was just gorgeous. I couldn't thank Lorenzo's enough for all the prompt email and phone calls. I was a bride that asked lots of questions. (LOL)
    Lorenzo's also did a great job with getting all of the groomsmen items in, and they were ready for pick up very quickly. Also, all the measurements were right on! Thank you so much for everything once again - we appreciate it!! :)
    Lori Silagyi

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 9
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 10
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 11
    Sent on 11/09/2019

Lisette Saniat · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing family business

My husband and I went in with a few different ideas for suits for our bridal party, but had an “ideal” look we wanted to go with. We were ecstatic when they had the exact suit we wanted. The entire process was easy from fittings all the way to suit drop off. Plus you can’t beat the excellent customer service Vince provides. Thanks for contributing to our perfect day.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Sheenamarie'

Sheena · Married on 09/06/2019

Daper Gents

Lorenzos did a phenomenal job suiting up my gentmen. They come highly recommended.

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 12
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 13
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 14
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 15
    Sent on 09/08/2019

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear's reply:

Princeton & Sheena congratulations to the both of you! Thank you so much for trusting Lorenzo's with your special day. We wish you all the best and many years of happiness. The pictures look amazing!

Best,
    Everyone at Lorenzo's
  • Emanuel

Emanuel Cole · Married on 09/02/2019

Perfect Tux and Customer Service!!

I’m very happy with my tuxedo for my wedding! They are very professional, helpful, and responsive. I had the perfect measurements and everyone still talks about the color of and style of my tuxedo from our wedding! I highly recommend them!

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 16
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 17
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 18
    Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Joshua

Joshua Luttenberger · Married on 08/31/2019

The Perfect Wedding Suit

The level of detail which Lorenzo’s Tailor Shop provides is truly second to none. Shortly after getting engaged, I knew that I wanted to somehow find a way to put together a custom suit for my wedding. Initially I wasn’t sure what I wanted, or was looking for, but when my (now wife) and I went to a wedding show where various vendors showcase what they do and came across Lorenzo’s, it immediately became a local option to explore.

I’m all for sourcing and supporting local talent. In fact, it’s what we ended up doing for every vendor we ended up hiring for our wedding. The moment I walked into Lorenzo’s store, it was a very warm welcoming. Vince Jr. was very receptive to what kind of look I was going for, and had a plethora of options to choose from for every detail - literally every detail. The colors for our wedding were gray and lilac, which is also one of the other reasons I decided to do a custom suit. I knew I wasn’t going to wear the typical black tuxedo, and wanted to also be able to construct something that I could repurpose in my wardrobe.

It was clear that Lorenzo’s was equipped to handle exactly what I was looking to accomplish - a custom bespoke gray suit, and bring out the lilac in the most subtle, compelling ways. From the lining of the inside of the jacket and vest, to the custom embroidery on the inside of the jacket with my initials on the french cuff, Vince Jr. and his shop nailed it. I was even able to do custom buttons and custom stitching on the button holes of my jacket’s sleeves.

Lorenzo’s absolutely knocked it out of the park. For anyone that is looking for a quality custom suit, I highly suggest you check them out. The shop is family owned and run, with a very inviting touch every step of the way. You will not be disappointed. I personally imagine I myself will be returning again soon.

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 19
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 20
    Sent on 11/03/2019

Catherine Nania · Married on 08/24/2019

Made easy for out of town groomsmen

Most of our groomsmen lived out of state, and Lorenzos made it so easy for all of the guys to have custom made matching suits. The process was easy to follow and Vince was super helpful with everything! We were even able to rent shoes from them, and buy white button ups from Lorenzos, which saved us time and effort!

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 21
    Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Johnny

Johnny Saniat · Married on 07/09/2019

Excellent, Precise, and Timely Services

Lorenzo's offered quality service that went about and beyond our expectations. The colleagues were professional and willing to go the extra mile to make sure our big day was a success. Every member of the wedding party felt as though Vince met every expectation. Cheers!

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 22
    Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Prochaska · Married on 12/14/2018

Positive experience getting Suits for Wedding

My groomsmen and I got our suits from Lorenzo Tailoring & Formal Wear. I was very happy with the quality of the suits as well as the service they provided. Additionally, a few of the suits needed some tailoring which was done very well and pretty quickly. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Brad · Married on 10/06/2018

My now son-in-law used Lorenzo's for his and my daughters wedding. Lorenzo's was great to work with from the start. Vince was very responsive as I worked through tuxes for my side. No question was to small for them to respond to. My son and son-in-laws (both in the wedding party) tuxes were spot on when they went in to pick the up. For my grandson (ring bearer), his was to big - 2T - so they were able to get the correct size with no issue.

Most impressive, though, was them working with me when I was trying mine on. Lorenzo spent time making sure my tux fit perfectly. They have the tuxes on site so he was able to have me try on numerous jackets and vests until he was satisfied I would look just right walking my daughter down the aisles. Other places I have gone to just give you the tux and don't worry much about how it fits, unless you make an issue of it.

I would strongly recommend Lorenzo Tailoring & Formal Wear for any wedding party or to rent a tux in general. This is where I will go the next time I need a tux!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Kerri · Married on 08/25/2018

We used Lorenzo's for our groom party tuxes and pressing my wedding dress. Vince was great at following up with us and reminding us of things that we had forgotten (or groomsmen that still hadn't been in for their fittings ;). Everyone was fitted properly and when we surprised Vince the week before our wedding and told him we needed our tuxes DAYS early...he made sure that happened too! We use Lorenzo's for regular tailoring/services as well. They are a great local business!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear's reply:

Hi Kerri! We are so happy that we were able to make your day special! We want to thank you for choosing Lorenzo's and for taking time out of your day to post a review. We wish you the best of luck and all the happiness in the world.

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2018

We rented the tuxes for our wedding here after seeing them at a bridal show. The grooms jacket that we wanted was not in stock, but they ordered the jacket in without issue and did not charge an additional fee to do so. All of the tuxes were fit perfectly including a few guys who had sent in their measurements and so jacket sizes were changed with only a day or two before the wedding. Overall great service and would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Hannah Rocco · Married on 05/20/2016

So impressed!

Lorenzo's has the best service ever! You feel like family the minute you walk in the door! My wedding dress was easily a size 12 with Swarovski crystals all over the top (very delicate and fragile). They were able to make my dress a size zero and put in an invisible zipper in the back to bring all the crystals together all in a timely manner! Hands down reccomend to anyone! Don't go anywhere else!

Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 23
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 24
    Lorenzo’s Tailoring & Formalwear 25
    Sent on 10/17/2018

Lorenzo's is a wonderful place to go to for everything from nice tux rentals, to alterations, to professional wedding dress cleaning. My husband and I had such a great experience here. I had gone to a wedding expo and had met some of the staff at their booth. All the guys were dressed well, including those just chatting. My husband and I had originally looked at Men's Warehouse and Black Tie formal wear, and had kinda found what we liked. But after going to Lorenzo's we found what we LOVED! They had the best fitted tux out of all the places that we looked at. They also would let our groomsmen get professionally measured elsewhere and send in the measurements to order a tux.
    My mother took my dress after the reception and dropped it off to be cleaned while I was on my honeymoon. They called me up after it was cleaned, had me look over the work they had done before they preserved it for me. They did a spectacular job.
    I plan on using them again if I ever need formal mens wear or alterations!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Eric · Married on 09/15/2018

I decided to go with Lorenzo's for my wedding suit and groomsmen suits. There was a massive selection to choose from and they turned out stunning. Everyone complimented the color/fabric and how well the suit fit. They did custom tailoring for everyone in the party and were able to deliver on-time. Although we chose to purchase our suits (very reasonable for a custom tailor), Lorenzo's had options to rent as well. In fact, we ended up renting the vests, ties, and shoes with no hassle of sizing/returns. I highly recommend going to Lorenzo's even if it's a bit of a drive for anyone outside the Western Suburb area. They really take care of you and walk you through their process. 10/10

Sent on 10/02/2018

Polina · Married on 04/27/2018

Vince at Lorenzo's was recommended to me for my wedding dress alterations. I had custom-ordered my dress online so there were not many changes required except for the sleeves that were pretty big. Vince was a pleasure to work with - he was accommodating with appointment windows, quick with measuring and pinning, and the sleeves were a much better fit when all was said and done. His shop also pressed my dress before the big day and it was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 05/03/2018