Lord Hill Farms Reviews

88 | Snohomish, WA

88 Reviews for Lord Hill Farms

3.4
      2.0

Beautiful place!!! Girl in the back office is rude if it wasn't for the lady I. The front would have never booked here due to the way the lady treated us.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2009

3.4
      3.0

I love this venue and my husband and I couldn't be happier to have held our ceremony and reception in this facility. The place is a dream and any wedding will be beautiful there whether it's inside or out. Our only problems came with the personnel. We started with one representative and then all of a sudden we had a new contact - without any word to us there was a change in staff. During our meeting with the new contact we were having a disagreement on chairs (they nickel and dime you on everything... another area of dissatisfaction) and she essentially told us we were lying and trying to take advantage of the situation. I work in PR and would NEVER to speak to a client the way she spoke to myself and our families. Those issues aside, the staff that worked our wedding was wonderful and the food was fantastic... pricey, but great. I love this facility and would host a wedding there again... .my recommendation: Get EVERYTHING in writing.

Sent on 11/19/2009

Maggie · Married on 05/15/2016

3.2
      3.0

This venue was beautiful, the food was amazing, the quality of the rentals was wonderful. However, get ready for all the little "stuff" that they add on. Plan that your bill will be about 20% more than you estimate, and they will not budge on their "rules."

Also - I never talked to the same person two times in a row! So frustrating. One time it was Jacque - and the next time it was....fill in the blank. It was hard to consistently follow a conversation due to that.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Danette · Married on 06/27/2010

3.2
      3.0

Beautiful Venue. A bit expensive and there is quite a bit of nickel and dime expenses, but in the end it was a perfect day. We were a bit unsure of the food since we went to a different event there and the food was not very hot or flavorful. But at the tasting which we were charged for) and at the wedding the food was great! It is really a perfect setting. We had our wedding outside and the garden was well worth it. I didn't like the fact that you couldn't negotiate anything. Not even setting up your own chairs for to save $2 each chair. Most wedding venues will be willing to negotiate something...not here. No discounts, no thrown in extras but it was what we wanted.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Shauna · Married on 08/31/2008

1.5

We had a beautiful outdoor setting and the rain held off until after the ceremony complete with a double rainbow. The inside reception area is beautiful and romantic. I do wish they allowed the family to set up before 12 PM at no additional charge because it does not allow for enough time for delays etc.. between 12 and a 5 PM wedding. It should be included to get in there at 9 AM to set up. We were scrambling as our makeup artist was so late and it was awful. The staff was kind and friendly. I do not think they are very flexible and a rule is a rule with them which caused us some tension during the year of planning, but overall, we would have a wedding there again.

Sent on 09/07/2008

3.0

When we saw LHF, we knew that this was the place we wanted to get married, based on the setting and the beautiful spaces. Once the planning process began, and especially the last few months, we were disappointed with the level of professionalism, the lack of attention to detail to our contract (spelling mistakes, quantity mistakes etc.), that we got from the team. We felt we were in a sense being nickel and dimed, and were surprised that for a wedding venue, there were certain rental items that they didn't have available, such as table number holders. We wanted to have a family style dinner and had asked if this was possible during our initial tour, but once we got to the tasting we asked again, and it turned out that while it is possible, they had never done this type of service before, and didn't have the dishware for it, etc - more charges, and we weren't about to be somebody's guinea pig. That was a disappointment for us. They also have strange rules about plated dinners and escort cards, napkins, and vendor meals, so be sure to ask these types of questions if they are important to you. While our guests loved the venue and enjoyed the food, and while the day of went of seamlessly, the planning process still makes me cringe.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Alicia · Married on 03/31/2012

2.2
      2.0

Lord Hill Farms is a beautiful venue! I enjoyed having my wedding there and the pictures are going to be beautiful.

However, the manager was awful. She was rude to me and my mom (the paying customers!). And she was rude to ALL of my vendors.

Their contracts are very firm with little to no flexibility. They offer in-house catering, which cannot be substituted and you cannot try the food before the wedding without paying extra. But, I will admit the food was delicious and all of our guests commented on that, but it would have made for peace of mind if we could have tried it before hand.

Nothing about this venue is inclusive. Everything comes at price and the smallest items are nickel and dimed.

Sent on 04/04/2012
  • Thi

Thi B. · Married on 08/07/2020

Inflexible Vendor During Times of National Crisis

First of all I just want to say that the venue itself looks beyond beautiful and very romantic; however their service did not match up. My fiance' and I were going to get married on 08/07/2020; however, due to Covid outbreak, we wanted to postpone to 2021 since a lot of our family members aren't able to make it. We reached out to lord hill farm staff both via emails and phone to discuss the possibility to reschedule, but we did not have a great experience with the staff of Lord Hill Farm. We loved the venue and we were willing to take any dates in 2021, but the lord hill farm staff were not very flexible and they only wanted to focus on the weddings that are affected right now because of covid 19 (April and May weddings). In crisis, we felt that we were not being prioritized and supported for something that was out of our control. The contract penalties for cancellation were more severe as the date to our wedding grew closer and we as the customers were forced to make a difficult decision on whether to continuing our August wedding and take on more financial risk with a venue that could not reassure us of what our options would be closer to our wedding or cancel early. They also stated that the refund policy remain the same regardless. We felt extremely disappointed in the service that they offer and in the end we cancelled their service.

Sent on 05/18/2020

Natalie · Married on 01/02/2021

1.0

not flexible or compassionate.

As a bride I took a lot of time to read reviews about the venues I looked at - I hope you are reading this before booking. As a venue, LHF is very beautiful. They charge you for every small detail and are expensive overall, but beautiful. When Covid hit they did a horrible job of being flexible and compassionate. My husband and I decided we wanted to move our wedding up due to all the craziness - we tried to reschedule with them and were told they would charge us $1000. They would not give us our deposit back, even though we had only booked a month prior. They held no compassion for us as a family when it came to loosing thousands of dollars. We understand that businesses are going through hard times but that gives them no write to ignore our many phone calls and to not treat us well.
    The staff was disappointing in how they handled this situation.

Sent on 09/08/2020

Philip L. · Married on 10/04/2020

Cheated our family members out of their deposit during the Covid 19 pandemic

It is truly unfortunate that I must write a seriously negative review of a highly recognized wedding venue. When I heard that this respected firm that offers a beautiful venue, filling so many people's hearts on their special day year after year retained $4,795.00 of our family's deposit because of obvious greed and a flimsy yet 'legal' contract during the heat of the Covid 19 outbreak when people were dying left and right in WA State, is reprehensible. They refused to extend the date of their wedding even though by WA state law they were not permitted to host a group of 100, no reception and they didn't care that the family was rightly concerned about the health of a vast number of immediate aging family members that were at high risk. LHF had nothing to lose, they said ' we will not move dates when we are open'. Not a surprise to hear the greedy people behind this decision, who had nothing to lose by extending the date still have a successful business model after 30 years. Keeping honest family's hard-earned deposits DURING A PANDEMIC! Future wives and husbands beware! This will not be the last negative review that myself and the entire guest list will flood the 'airwaves’ with unless something is done to motivate the owners of this establishment to do the right thing.’ Hopefully the right decision will be made quickly. I know the media will also be interested in this story. If the money is refunded, I will exonerate them as will our family and friends to the highest degree. It will be worth far more to them than the $5,000 they have ‘temporarily borrowed’ from these kind people.

Sent on 10/08/2020

Amy · Married on 08/18/2017

0.6
      1.5
      0.5

Brides beware! Not impressed with our expierence! Venue was beautiful, but the staff was horrible. Hard to get a hold of, extremely rude, and the food was awful. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Kaity · Married on 07/23/2016

0.4
      0.5

Horrible staff, worst experience ever. Would never recommend. Cameron on their staff was the worst.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Lord Hill Farms's reply:

We are truly sorry that you had a bad experience with one of our temporary employees at your corporate picnic. That was the only day that Cameron worked for us. We certainly strive to make it a fun and memorable experience for all of our guests and do hope that you are able to make it back out here.