Long Yau Photography Reviews

55 | Cary, NC

55 Reviews for Long Yau Photography

• Jillian

Jillian Kral · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Incredibly talented and wonderful wedding photographer

Long met with my now husband and I via FaceTime and we immediately stopped our photographer search. Whether you are looking for beautiful, traditional wedding photos or candid moments having fun with your friends and family (I was the latter), Long is your guy. He makes a point to understand the couple to their core. I hate being photographed, but Long picked up on my anxiety quickly. He made sure I had the few staged photos I wanted and prioritized capturing the fun moments of the night that we could look back on forever. He is incredibly talented, responsive and has a heart of gold. We are so lucky to have the pictures he took and will cherish them forever.

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Roy · Getting married on 11/08/2021

Stop searching--this is the photographer you want!

My husband and I were so incredibly blessed to have Long as our photographer. From day one, he was both professional and engaging. You could tell that he was one-of-a-kind. We honestly felt like we had hit the jackpot! Our engagement and wedding photos turned out better than we could ever have imagined. He didn't just take pictures of us--he helped us to create memories that we can't wait to show our future children. Long is now not just our photographer, but an incredible friend.

Sent on 09/30/2020

Allison Folger · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Amazing experience and phenomenal work!

Stop your search and go ahead and book this man! My husband and I found Long on one of the wedding websites (Wedding Wire I think). I immediately stocked his website and his Instagram and completely feel in love with his work. We reached out to Long and he responded so quickly and set up a FaceTime so we could chat. We instantly fell in love with his personality and knew that he would be the right person for us. We booked Long for our wedding and engagement shoot. During the engagement shoot he was fantastic; he is all about the love! He made us feel so comfortable and captured photos that were not only good for the save the dates, but also intimate photos that really showed how happy and in love we are.

We were supposed to get married on Sept 26, 2020 in Sanford, NC, but thanks to Covid we had to change our plans. We wanted to move our wedding to the beach and move it to a Friday. Long had no hesitations. He was so incredibly easy to work with and was so flexible on us moving our day.

On the wedding day he arrived early to the venue. Even with Covid and all the changes he was so happy to be there and be part of our special day. He was incredible with the family and friends- my Mom could not speak highly enough of him. After the wedding he got all our pictures back to us pretty quickly and I was amazed. There are so many beautiful photos of my husband and me, our friends, and our families. There are the photos you make your profile picture and print for frames, but just as importantly there are photos of the real moments. I ugly half-cried down the whole aisle, and those photos really represent my happiness and love in the moment.

Anyways… Book Long. He is phenomenal and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Commenator · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Best Decision We Made

Hiring Long as our engagement session and wedding photographer was, hands down, one of the best decisions we made. My husband and I are both a little awkward in front of a camera, but Long knew how to direct us and make the pictures look natural and comfortable. His style is so unique, and we've received hundreds of compliments on our photos since the big day! Long is professional and respectful of your time, and gives you SO MANY photos to enjoy and look back on. Do yourself a favor and trust Long with capturing photos from the biggest, most special day of your lives. You won't regret it!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Emily

Emily Thompson · Married on 10/11/2020

Just do it!

My husband and I had agreed early on that a stellar photographer was really important to us. Long exceed our already very high expectations — we were blown away! Long was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire experience and we are incredibly happy with the results! We got some shots that could be on the cover of a magazine. All of this at an incredible price! Just do it!

Sent on 10/24/2020
  • Madisyn

Madisyn Brooke · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect, precise, awsome

Not only is he extremely talented, but he became more than just a photographer. He became me and my now husband's friend for life. The day of the wedding he helped me manuver my crazy train on my dress, helped me relax, helped me carry my bouquet, helped me carry my dinner to my table, and was able to capture hundreds of amazing shots despite it raining like the tropics. Thank you so much Long.

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Larisa

Larisa Collins · Married on 09/12/2020

25/10 stars. Long is the Best of the Best.

Long made our wedding and our engagement photos timeless and dynamic through his artful and compelling style of photography. He coached us at the start but then let us be us and captured it. We've looked back through all of our photos countless times. We have friends who have looked at our pictures and talked about redoing their own wedding day and getting Long to photograph it because of how insanely gorgeous our wedding album came out. Long captured the spirit of our event, the depth of our love and our hearts. I can't recommend someone as highly as I recommend Long Yau for your wedding and engagement photos. He's soft spoken but hilarious and he truly became apart of our family at our wedding. I want to have another wedding so that he can take more pictures! During the ceremony he was up close and caught glances and smiles but was hardly noticeable by our guests. He was simply phenomenal in every way we could have hoped for. You don't want any other photographer for your wedding, I promise.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Kara Gonzalez · Married on 09/05/2020

Perfection!

I cannot how express our gratitude for Long and how he was instrumental in making our day magical. Not only is he extremely talented, he cares deeply for his couples. He was perfect from start to finish and I highly, highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/15/2020

Incredible!

Long Yau Photography is seriously the best around. Not only is Long incredibly talented, but he is extremely responsive, professional and just an overall great (and fun) person to work with. He made the engagement/wedding shoot process so easy and his work brought us to tears. We could not have asked for a better person to work with.

If you want photos and a day you will never forget, I highly recommend Long Yau Photography.

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • Emily

Emily Johnson · Married on 07/17/2020

He’s the BEST.

Let me just say that planning a wedding is crazy but one of the things we wanted to be perfect was our pictures. Long fulfilled our picture dreams. He was awesome. His style and how he views this whole process was exactly what we needed! He wasn’t just our photographer, he was our friend! He will capture the moments that matter. From a bride to bride...go with him and you will not regret it! We will use him for any pictures we have done in the future!

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Crystal

Crystal Dicken · Married on 06/27/2020

Highly skilled, kind with an attention to detail.

Long was able to be available for our elopement that we planned rather last minute. He is an incredibly skilled photographer that has an instinct for good lighting and gorgeous backdrops. He reached out to us twice before the elopement ceremony to coordinate and met with us a couple hours before the ceremony. The photos he took were extremely creative and captured all the detail we wanted to be able to share with friends and family. What I also appreciated was the fact that he didn't encourage extremely "posey" photographs. Rather he has a more lifestyle approach that keeps things natural. He had a rather quick turn around and delivered BEAUTIFUL images. He has a great eye for image editing detail. I HIGHLY recommend Long.

Sent on 07/19/2020

Tiffany Thomas · Married on 06/06/2020

One of a kind!

Long is the most thoughtful, compassionate, and talented photographer we could’ve ever asked for to walk alongside us during our engagement season! Even amidst the COVID crisis, he checked in on us often and went above and beyond to accommodate us on our wedding day. Not to mention, his eye for beauty and his ability to capture it so well is unmatched. He truly cares about his clients, and by the time we made it to our wedding day, he truly felt more like a friend than a hired vendor, and the photos he captured of our special day are priceless. If you’re in the process of deciding on a wedding day/engagement photographer, I highly recommend Long. You definitely won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/19/2020
  • Tabitha

Tabitha Linville Spaulding · Married on 06/03/2020

True Artist

Long is a true artist that cares deeply for his clients. He tells a story with his work, and captures true emotion. He captures images that bring back the feelings from that moment in time. I have relived my wedding through his photos. I missed so much on the day of due to the chaos on a wedding day, but through his photos I get to slow time down and experience the day all over again. Our engagement session was fun and informative. Long gave us pointers and tips throughout the session that we used on the wedding day. He takes time to get to know his clients, and he wants to show their love. He told our love story through these images, and I am forever grateful!

Sent on 03/13/2020
  • D. Baum

D. Baum · Married on 02/22/2020

Long is wonderful! Easiest decision we made

Words cannot express just how amazing Long is. We are incredibly grateful and thankful to have found him and had him work with us for our engagement session and wedding day. He genuinely cares about each and every couple that he works with and he is extremely professional. He gives you direction but at the end of the day, he captures whatever is natural for you as a couple.

We live about 4 1/2 hours from Chapel Hill and for our engagement session he embarked on a new journey with us to take photos where he had never been before — and the photos are breathtaking. For the day of the wedding, he was fantastic. He was so calm and relaxed and went with the flow of everything. We have received soo many compliments on all of our photographs! His work is extraordinary and he works very hard to get your photos back to you quickly.

If you are looking for a photographer to capture your special moments, Long is your guy. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 12/26/2019

Magical !!!!

I can not recommend Long enough. I seriously cannot wait to have another event for him to photograph, he was just so relaxed, chill, went with the flow. Very nice and down to earth. And his work is just mesmerizing. I can’t stop looking at our wedding photos! I’m addicted!

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Carla

Carla Janney · Married on 12/15/2019

The best ever!

Long is truly amazing! From the moment we made contact with him we knew he was special! The way he captures his art is different than most photographers. He doesn’t make you do a lot of unnatural poses and truly works with you to make sure you are comfortable. He is so kind and thoughtful. I am so grateful we found him. You will not be disappointed if he is there to capture your special moments! His use of light in his photography is a true gift. I am so glad we got lucky enough to work with him!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Eve

Eve · Married on 11/16/2019

The BEST there is

Long is so amazing.His talent shines through his photos. He is easy going and laid back which in return causes you to relax and be in the moment. His is a true master of his art capturing pictures of every raw emotion, that you feel when looking back at the photos and taking you back to that moment. Hands down he is the BEST and we loved working with him!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Laura Cheng · Married on 10/27/2019

Long is incredible - highly recommend!

Words cannot adequately express how grateful we are to have worked with Long on our wedding, not only because the photos were amazing but also because how Long naturally went above and beyond for us in so many ways. From the moment of our first phone conversation with him, we felt connected immediately. He really understood the vision that we had for our wedding and went above and beyond to help us think through it in more detail. He also offered very welcome feedback on our wedding day timeline - we incorporated all of his suggestions, and the day went seamlessly.

We had a destination wedding and so planning it remotely was tricky. We got rained out by thunderstorms the day of our planned engagement session, and Long went above and beyond to help us try to find an alternate indoor location. Eventually, we made the decision to reschedule during our next visit to North Carolina because we really wanted to venture up the mountains of Asheville, and he reserved multiple days for us in case the weather was bad again. The new session happened the week before our wedding, and it was just what we needed to calm our nerves. We were a bit nervous at first because neither of us are naturals in front of the camera, but Long was so easygoing that we felt relaxed, and the photos turned out beautifully. Another pleasant surprise was how much we connected with Long and how easy it was to talk with him and share fun stories. We got to know each other well during the session and enjoyed the sunset together.

On the wedding day, Long was incredibly professional and calm. He arrived at the venue early and immediately began scoping out locations for our photos. He also gave us just enough direction to understand how to pose without it coming across as unnatural or too formal. All of our friends and family members raved about Long and in particular, he was incredible with my parents. They've never been to a Western-style wedding and Long did an amazing job explaining things to them throughout the day and helping lead my dad through the first look. We never asked him to do this, but he did it anyway because he is such a thoughtful and kind person, and it was because of him that we ended up with so many incredible photos from that first look! He also kept track of our photography schedule so that we could focus on the day. We had an outdoor wedding, and it was unexpectedly hot (88 deg. in late October). There were lots of bugs as a result, and at one point there were crickets all over one of the flower girls' dresses. He was really patient even while she was crying and helped pull them all off without skipping a beat. He also kept checking in with everyone to make sure they weren't feeling overheated.

There are so many more wonderful things that we could say about Long, but perhaps the most significant is that with him you are getting so much more than a vendor. He really does feel like a friend and there is no mistaking that he played a big role in our wedding experience. We're going through our photos now and are in awe of how they turned out. There were so many beautiful moments captured and we'll treasure them forever!! Thank you so much, Long.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Jordyn

Jordyn · Married on 10/27/2019

Long is incredible!

We have been so fortunate to know Long for a number of years, he captured the love of our dear friends, Ashton & Mason in 2017. Which was a time, my husband Brendon and I were falling madly in love, laying down the foundation of our future together. He captured the magic then and again at our own wedding. He was incredibly patient with us - between date changes, the pandemic and helping to navigate our wedding - which was at our home and farm. Every single image he captured is breathtaking. These photos capture the passions Brendon and I share - with our home, animals, land, relationships with those we hold close - they are truly something we will cherish forever.

As someone who has also photographed a couple of weddings, Long is exactly what y’all need. He’s organized, kind, intuitive and the captivating photos you’ll receive will encapsulate so many small details that are important to you and your partner. Something truly unique to Long’s creativity is that he does not ‘white out’ images, as you often see many photographers do, especially in harsh sunny areas such as Coastal Carolina where we live. He is truly a master of craft in working with his environment in illustrating those rare and intimate moments. We are so grateful Long was such a pivotal part to our wedding, we are so happy to have had him there and to capture all the goodness.

Sent on 10/01/2020

Casey · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome Photographer

Long is personable and an overall easy going guy. He makes you feel comfortable and important. He did an amazing job with our photos. He went out to the mountains with us for our engagement photos, and somehow made it look like we were the only ones there despite how crowded it was! Our wedding photos came out beautiful too! He has an artistic eye and we got so many beautiful photos beyond your stereotypical posed photos. He's great at coaching you if you're camera shy like us. I can't wait to print some out for my walls! I would definitely look to hire Long for any future photo needs.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Saskia Schoeman · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing! Extremely easy to work with and very talented!

We cannot not say enough good things about Long! He was the photographer for both my sister’s wedding and mine and I would strongly recommend him. His stunning photos speak for themselves, and Long made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera for both engagement and wedding photos. 10/10 would recommend. Long is absolutely the best!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Daniel Sasser · Married on 10/05/2019

Great person and great photographer

Long Yau did an amazing job with our wedding photos! He was so much fun to work with and he kept open communication with us leading up to our wedding day. He was organized and friendly and he got our photos delivered to us surprisingly fast. I’d recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely beautiful!

Long was amazing from beginning to end. I looked through so many photographers online but there was only one I wanted to meet when I saw his work. His photography is not only beautiful, but it is creative and a work of art. So many people said that our photos were stunning and should have been in a wedding magazine. We have them hanging all over our house now. Our wedding day was a mess because of rain that ruined a lot of our décor and linens but we have these beautiful photos that will last forever. Not only is Long an amazing person but he has an amazing heart and I felt like we were taken care of on our wedding day and leading up to it. I couldn’t say enough about how great Long was!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline Gesslein · Married on 08/17/2019

What an amazing talent

Long has an incredible talent for capturing special moments. It was a pleasure working working with him for our engagement shoot and our wedding day. He made everything comfortable and fun. I am so glad we put our trust in him. His work is beautiful!

Sent on 10/02/2019