Lola's Cafe and Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Andrea B. Getting married on 02/09/2022

The best EVER.

I can't sing my praises enough about Lola's; their food, staff, and specifically Michaela, our point of contact and Maitre D, were all unbelievably incredible. I will recommend them endlessly! The whole team truly cared about the wedding and helped make the day unforgettable. From the get-go I instantly had confidence and trust in Michaela and her team, and with every call, text, email, and meeting we had she only further reinforced those feelings! We were in great hands. She even helped us plan our rentals! No detail was missed and I will be forever grateful that she was co-captain of our planning team! MVP for sure! As for the food, everything was absolutely delicious. Farm to table ingredients and the presentation was beautiful. The chefs and servers catered to every need we requested to make the wedding as Covid-Friendly as possible. It was amazing how every hors d'oeuvre and dish was customized exactly for the bride and groom. The chef took the knowledge of their likes and dislikes into everything that he made and created food that embodied for our wonderful couple. Everything Lola's handled from planning, to service, to food, to execution, and everything in between far exceed all expectations we had. Working with Lola's Cafe and Michaela was a phenomenal experience and I cannot wait to do it again!
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 06/12/2021

Catering experience

Everything was amazing! Knowledge and professional staff
  • Simon
    Simon K. Married on 06/12/2021

truly incredible!!

Lola's is fantastic!! We worked closely with Eddie and Mikaela - they are so professional and completely put our minds at ease during the planning process. Every detail they touch - from the food, to the event set up, to the service - far exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t be happier. We are so grateful to Eddie, Mikaela and their team and all the hard work that went into making our day perfect. Our family & friends have been nonstop raving about how delicious everything was and we couldn’t agree more!
  • Michael
    Michael A. Married on 09/19/2020

Perfect Wedding Made Possible by the Lola's Team

We had our wedding at Nostrano Vineyards June 27, 2021, after moving it from September 2020. Lola's and the team was extremely flexible. Everything the day of was on time, as scheduled, and absolutely perfect. Everyone came up to us and said how amazing the food and service was. If you want exceptional service at your wedding and great food, Lola's is right for you.

They helped us throughout the entire process and made our lives so much easier leading up to the wedding. We could not have asked for a better vendor. Many people described the Wedding as a movie and it definitely did not feel like a Sunday.
    A++++ for Lola's.

Mike and Laura
    Ann A. Married on 08/08/2020

Superb in every way!

We highly recommend Lola’s Cafe & Catering. From planning the menu and coordinating the rentals, to setting up, serving and post-event clean-up, Ed Kowalski and his team attended to every detail. The hors d’ouvres and dinner were excellent and the catering staff was very responsive to every guest’s requests. We highly recommend Lola’s.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 08/08/2020

Fantastic food, lovely service, curated experience with real hand-holding

Based out of Poughkeepsie, once we found a venue we liked their name kept coming up as the only game in town. Having a strong culinary team and such a warm and welcoming support staff, we honestly knew right from the start that they would be great. Ours was a "covid-wedding" so when we asked to scale things back, move the event to our home in CT, and work with them to ensure top safety procedures, they were right there supporting us and reassuring us of their procedures and our decision. We were fortunate to get a beautiful day and every guest could not stop raving about the food and drinks. Michaela, our maitre's d was phenomenal (kept things flowing, knew all the details leading up to, did our rental ordering for us in terms of the scale we needed for wedding, and kept us fed the entire night!), we kept hearing that the bartender was so sweet and funny and making great drinks, and every server was so thoughtful and paid attention to details. Honestly could not recommend them enough, I can't wait until the next time we have a party need that warrants their catering.
    Alexis Married on 07/18/2020

OUTSTANDING!!! Truly the best.

Lola’s went above and beyond to make our wedding so special. Taking every detail into account and helping us make decisions, they were there every step of the way. The food was out of this world, everyone commented on how amazing and fresh it was. The service is just unbeatable. If you have the opportunity to work with Lola’s you won’t regret it. They are the best!!
    Diana Married on 07/07/2020

the BEST caterer

Where do I even begin?! Annalise and her team were absolutely AMAZING!! They set everything up perfectly for us so that all we had to do was show up. Throughout this entire process, I wasn't even stressed about how everything would come together because I knew they would have everything taken care of. They are so good at what they do that I knew I was in good hands. I honestly couldn't have set up my reception as nicely as they did. They were extremely accommodating, even at the food tasting. My dad wanted tartar sauce to try with the salmon, and since they didn't have any on sight, they made their own! (which he ended up liking better than the real thing). Annalise knew I was making every effort to be at cocktail hour, and when she noticed we weren't inside yet, she put together a platter of the hors d'oeuvres for my husband and I while we were taking pictures- she also personally brought out signature cocktails for us! The food was absolutely amazing and presented perfectly. EVERYONE has told us they never had food like that at a wedding, and some even said it's the best food they've ever had! It was an absolute pleasure to work with Lola's, and I hope to be invited to another wedding that has them as their caterers so that we can enjoy it all again!
    Megan Married on 04/09/2020

Outstanding

If you want your wedding done right from start to finish there is no one better than Lola's.
  • Breana
    Breana M. Married on 01/08/2020

Lola's was the perfect choice for our wedding caterer

Lola's was our caterer for our wedding on August 1, 2020. Our wedding was originally supposed to be in VT with 150 people but had to cancel due to the pandemic. We decided to scale it down to 35 people and move it to my brothers property in Millbrook with about 8 weeks left until our day so we had to, very quickly, find new vendors. We grew up in the Hudson Valley and are huge fans of Lola's Cafe in Poughkeepsie so they were our first choice but we did our research and looked into a bunch of other local caterers as well. Lola's was, without a doubt, the most professional, flexible, and appealing as far as their menu options. I come from a family of chefs and people in the industry, so we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted on our menu and a certain standard of service. Lola's came up with a pretty custom menu that was exactly what we were looking for. Michaela came out to the property on more than one occasion to ensure they were organized and had everything they needed to be ready for the day. I didn't have anyone there to coordinate the day with the DJ, florist, photographer, officiant, or just with the general processions of the day like you normally would at a regular venue. Michaela stepped into that role without even being asked to and was involved with EVERYTHING. I am so thankful she was there to ensure it all ran smoothly. Lola's went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect and we weren't stressed. Everything was extremely COVID compliant and they went the extra mile to make sure we were all safe as well as their staff. I knew the food was going to be good but it really exceeded our expectations. It was delicious as well as beautifully plated and displayed. We were so happy with their service. I will be using Lola's for any future catered events and would recommend them to everyone for any catering needs without hesitation. Thank you Lolas!
    Dana M. Married on 10/19/2019

Mohr wedding

Lola Cafe is an amazing catering company . They made planning Stephen and I special day so easy. Annalise was amazing to work with as she helped us every step of the way. Chef Edward farm to table cuisines are to die for. After the wedding all my guest couldn’t get enough and said it was the best. The hor d'oeuvres were unique and so good and the dinner looks like it came out of a magazine. Stephen and I are over the moon with Lola cafe a highly recommended them
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 10/05/2019

Absolute best Caterer!

Lolas catered our wedding in October and it was everything we could have dreams of and more! We wanted a fall wedding to go along with our fall themed wedding. Lolas catering made our dreams come true with butternut squash ravioli and pumpkin butter and everything in between! Our guests have not stopped talking about the food since the night of our wedding! We wanted to incorporate everything we could about the Hudson Valley and Lolas was the perfect piece to our puzzle! Using all local ingredients and local beers! In addition to the food, Annalise and her staff are incredible! Throughout the entire process of our planning we never had to worry about food or rentals because Annalise had everything covered! So thankful for Lolas and their team for making our wedding perfectly delicious!
    Meredith K. Married on 09/28/2019

Delicious food and quality service

The Lola's team is amazing. From working out every detail of the menu and accommodating dietary needs, they've got it covered. We had an incredible harvest table and delicious buffet that our guests are still talking about. The best part is the team made sure my husband and I got enough food, which we really appreciated! I'd highly recommend their service.
    Kristen Married on 09/21/2019

Outstanding Service

You will not go wrong with Lola’s. The food is fresh and delicious. The staff is friendly and reliable. There’s nothing this group can’t do! Working with Annalise was so easy and she reassured us and put us at ease each time we spoke. If you want quality, locally sourced food with a smile, choose Lola’s!
    Rachel Married on 09/07/2019

Outstanding

Lola’s catered our wedding at Locust Grove, and we had a wonderful experience with them. From our initial meeting, to the tasting, to the wedding day, everything ran smoothly and we could not be happier. Our guests loved the food and I’m still getting compliments. The servers and staff were extremely professional and helpful, multiple guests complemented the team to us afterwards. Annalise is amazing and went above and beyond and was a joy to work with. Lola’s catering is truly outstanding.
  • Regina
    Regina D. Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing Caterers!!

I can't say enough great things about Patty and Billy and the Lola's team. They accommodated all of our requests and preferences.
    Patty made the whole planning process fun and stress free. Billy is an amazing chef. Not only was the food delicious, but the presentation was spectacular. On the day of our wedding, the staff was very attentive to us, our guests, and even our dog. Our family and friends are still talking about the food and service. I highly recommend Lola's Catering for your special day.
    Stephanie Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing!!!!

Patty, Billy and the Lola’s team are all absolutely amazing, professional and wonderful to work with. We got married at a Vineyard in August and had to bring in almost everything. Patty helped me coordinate all of that and more. She checked in with me almost every day in the week leading up to the wedding, answering all my questions and calming my nerves. She was there the day before helping me get all the details in place. Everything went perfectly and smoothly the day of the wedding. If I forgot anything, Patty had it done already or had what I needed. She is a godsend!

The food was absolutely delicious and Billy is a talented and creative chef. I had multiple guests tell me it was the best meal they had had at a wedding! The cocktail hour display was gorgeous and passed apps were great. I highly recommend this team for your wedding.
    Brittany B. Married on 07/06/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything more!

The Lola’s team was absolutely amazing! They were incredibly helpful and were on top of everything! I don’t know how I would have made it through my wedding without Patty’s help. The food was delicious and we got so many compliments from guests. I would highly recommend them to anyone
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible Food and Service!!!!

We had the most amazing experience with Lola's Cafe and Catering! They came highly recommended by our planner and did not disappoint. Chef Eddie is an incredible chef and a great guy, so down to earth and humble. His colleague Annalise is also lovely and incredible at the planning and execution of the event. After talking to us to understand our preferences he created a draft menu which we could revise as we liked, though we were so impressed with it we didn't change much if anything!! We then had a tasting where he made a beautiful fully plated version of each dish so we could see how it would be presented at the wedding. It was all so delicious, way beyond what we are used to eating at weddings. We hired Lola's to do our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and next-day brunch. Every single meal was delicious, fresh, and beautiful. Eddie takes a lot of pride in how he sources his food and cooks everything fresh on site. Their staff was so amazing, professional, friendly and courteous, the execution was absolutely seamless. So many people raved to us about how delicious the food was, far surpassing typical wedding fare. The harvest table at our cocktail hour was a huge hit, abundantly overflowing with amazing meats, vegetables, and even giant farm fresh strawberries. They also handled all of the alcohol selections and bartending. Can't say enough good things about Eddie, Annalise and Lola's. Book them today! We entrusted them with our whole wedding weekend and could not have made a better choice.
  • Alexis
    Alexis Married on 06/14/2019

Lola's is an amazing team!

WOW! I dont even know where to start. Lola's catering was our team that executed our wedding day at Locust Grove Estate this past weekend.
    1st- the food is amazing there is no arguing that, we knew the food was good based on previous reviews but after meeting Chef Billy and after the tasting we were soo excited to EAT at our wedding. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour (swedish meatballs and chicken wings were Huge hits) and the meals were mouth watering, My groom LOVED his steak and the chicken with risotto was all my family could talk about.

As a bride, my favorite part of Lola's team was Patty, the day of WOMAN!! She started working with me in the fall, and always kept me on track, handled all our rentals, and set up everything I asked day of. She did it all with a smile and my groom and I joked she felt like she was our mom and made sure our day was perfect like we were her kids. We cant thank her enough!

The staff we had, waiters, bartenders were sooo nice. They were at our beck and call and had drinks in our hands before we even asked. They had the whole room packed up with our personal items before I could even ask at the end of the night. Huge help, I could just relax and say goodbye to guests, we didn't want to leave the room. Chef Billy and his team are a well oiled machine.

I wish I could do it all again and would not change a thing. Thank you Lola's,Chef Billy and Patty.
    Eric L. Married on 05/26/2019

Couldn't be happier

This review is for Patty and Billy at Lola's catering.

My wife and I were doing all of the planning ourselves, and Patty was unbelievably helpful. She walked us through every step of the process, from the menu to the setup and coordination on the day of the event. She had already worked with all of our vendors at previous events, and took care of all the small details. She was very responsive and easy to communicate with.

On our wedding day, Lola's staff was super attentive, even making sure that my elderly grandfather had everything the needed. They were extremely professional, and very attentive to the guests' needs.

Would give 6 stars if I could. Can't go wrong with this dynamic duo, they are a well oiled machine!
  • Eric
    Eric G. Married on 05/18/2019

Lolas Catering Is The Best

We used Lola's Catering for our wedding at the Hill in Hudson NY in May 2019, and they were AMAZING! Everyone was commenting on how the food was "The best wedding food they've ever had" and our wedding planner couldn't stop complimenting the food. The best part for the bride and groom is that they're amazing to work with throughout the entire planning process. From menu preparation to the tasting to the final presentation during the reception, they delivered. Annalise is one of the easiest people you will ever have the pleasure of working with and Abby helped everything run smoothly on the day of. Eddie is an incredible chef with a vision for your wedding so trust him thorughout the menu development process, you will thank us you did! We are huge Lola's fans and will be recommending them to our friends and family for years to come. Thanks Annalise, Abby and Eddie for your hard work!
    Steve Married on 11/10/2018

Work with this Caterer!!!!

I cannot begin to quantify how amazing it was to work with Lola’s Catering. If you need a wedding catered, look no further!! Seriously, Lola’s was the bright spot of our wedding and wedding planning. There is not one guest we speak to that doesn’t mention amazing food, amazing service, and amazing cocktail hour. People were gushing over the steak and chicken that was served. The bar service was top notch!

Our wedding was May 25th 2019 and we started working with Annalise Puckette back in early 2018. She hopped on numerous calls to go over planning and came up with a plan. After a few easy months of decisions, we circled back and Annalise created our wonderful menu. Fast forward about 30 days before the big day and we met on site to go through the plan of the day.

Annalise was so incredibly thorough, detailed, and just all around amazing. We felt super settled and excited about our wedding. It was one huge item that we just did not need to worry about, because we knew Lola’s was on top of it.

We ended up utilizing their recommended rental company and we purchased our own linens. It turns out we were a bit short on the linen count about 5 hours before the reception. Totally our fault. Have no fear though, BOOM, Annalise takes care of it and saves the day.

I pride myself on eating good food, and i can say without question, the food I ate at my wedding was the best food I will eat all summer. It was so good!!!! Best wedding ever, in large part due to the amazing execution of Lola’s Catering!
    Sarah Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious food!

Choosing Lola's was by far the easiest decision we made for the wedding. Annalise and Chef Ed worked with my husband and I to create a menu that was inspired by our travels and with ingredients that were also in season. They were always available to answer any questions I had and were super flexible when it came to last minute changes. The food, the staff, and the service were all amazing. Everyone raved about the food and the service all night long.

Lola's is incredible and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for delicious food and the ability to create a one-of-a-kind menu!
    Keira Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!

All I can say is AMAZING. Amazing food, Amazing staff and Amazing service. I'm a culinary grad and hard to please. The Lola's team absolutely knocked it out of the park. Chef Ed worked with me on creating a fun, unique and inspired seasonal menu that pleased my taste buds as well as my guests. Annalise worked with me from start to finish to make sure my vision was delivered (it was better than I could have ever imagined!). They were always available to answer my questions and made the wedding planning process a breeze. Their team has such experience doing large catered events, I am still getting compliments from my wedding guests a month later.

If you're looking for a creative menu (not the same old meat and potatoes) with incredible personal decor touches.... Lola's is a no brain-er. They are professional and I cannot say enough great things about them!